Your PES 5 online stories in here

Tom

Administratør
Staff
12 December 2001
Hamburg
Well, I just thought that this might be a good idea, sharing all sorts of fantastic stories all around the online thingie. Tell us about your magical moments, your stuttering lagfests, your greatest victories, your broken joypads after having lost against some utter clowns...well, you know the drill.

Two nights ago I played a couple of gays (I suppose) in a 2 vs. 1 matchup. Not only that I absolutely hate playing against two players (because they had a weird URL as name like "www.lookatuswerejusttwolameassclowns.net" hovering all over the goddamn pitch), it just stinks.

Anyway, they went on a 2-0 lead pretty fast bombarding me with lovely messages such as "ASSHOLE", "YOU SUCK", "NAZI!"...well, you name it, in each replay-break of the game. Everytime I replied with "Icecream!" since I'm absolutely in love with that line since I played Speedball 2 on the Amiga back in the old days. But that just seemed to piss them off more and more, so they began flooring me and thus conceding a red card eventually at the start of the second half. Suddenly I began concentrating on the game instead of waiting for the next flame to arrive. And what a comeback that was! Having only 15 minutes on the clock left, I managed to score the equalizer with two brilliant goals by Santa Cruz (I'm Bayern Munich, btw, and he's more and more becoming my online hero) and finally even scored the winning goal by Makaay in injury time. What a relief!

I would have loved seeing their stupid faces after that historical victory in playing clowns, oh well...

Anyway, I want some equal stories in here, fellas! Go for it!

I just love that stuff.

Okay, this happened two days ago, unfortunately i dont remember, the nickname of the person, but he sure got owned lolz.

I saw the settings, and i pressed enter, as soon as i pressed enter the guy switches the minutes to 15, and press enter too. I sent tons of messages to him like "wtf.. i have life u %^*&^, i dont want to play 15 mins."

so, in 30 mins of the first half, i was losing 4-1, but you could tell the guy sucked, and i was really bored. So when i got my act together at the beginning of second half, i decided to win the game.
i scored 6 goals in the second half, and he scored one.

final score 7x5, hahahahaha, that shitty fucker.. i wish he posted at evo-web , so he could confirm this story, hahaa

Well, I wanted to play with Bayern Munchen, but I picked the wrong team! Rhein Mar or whatever the name is, don't even know what team this is. Anyway my opponent was Milan, and thought on doing a Greece on him, playing 5-4-1 counter. Well, needless to say, went 3-0 down in the first half. Second half changed to 4-4-2, scored twice and almost got the equaliser, with the ball hitting the post.
Then I chose Livorno by mistake and faced Man U, 0-0 with a great performance from the Livorno boys.
Also, playing with Benfica (Lisbonera) against teams like Arsenal and Milan, and winning with a 2 goal margin is always nice. Go Noon Goets (Nuno Gomes).
I faced a stupid guy who was 3-0 down and kept say I sucked LOL And another who kept saying 133t stuff. I had trouble playing because I was lughing so hard.
My esperiences against two players (2 vs 1) has always ended with me winning, but the games are hard as hell!
Best guy I played was from Portugal, beat the hell out of me with Sporting twice.
Online has been great, looking forward to play you all!

Before i found out u could not change ur teams after selection, i chose tottenham and the then went to the mighty brazil.

He scored 1st with a tipical ronaldhino run. I then scored a super header in the 2nd half to draw with him 1-1. After that i chose argentina and gave him a lesson in roman riquelme free kick taking. Scored 4 of them all in the same corner lol

Had a few cracking games online, after going 2 - 0 down within the first 10 mins of the game I managed to comeback 4 - 2 using Inter Milan against a guy using Brazil (sigh, I hate it when people jump straight to Brazil) but the guy didn't like it at all, every opertunity I was bombarded with messeges of "Cheating Bastard", ahh how nice.

Out of intrest, has anyone experienced cheaters online? if so can someone describle how exactly people are cheating?

remember playing a guy who choose brazil, i was inter. 2-0 down with 15 min. to go so set formation quick setting to attack and score 2 goals to go to penalties. Ended up winning aswell.

Also played a spanish dude, decent game in the 1st half hitting the post and missing a couple of good chances. 0-0 at half time, then second half comes and its laggy hell (even though he had a greenmarker before starting) so much so that i couldnt even time movement or passing because of the delay lack of reaction. Ended up losing 2-0 with a couple of scrappy goals conceded.

Also had a couple of times that i countered very quickly and scored a good goal, only to get a reply of "lucky", or they fuck up and say im lucky. Just admit it was a good goal/ you made a stupid mistake, i always do.

Havent had any idiots so far which is nice, only a couple of memorable games, its either 1-0, 1-1 and then a winner or i score first and play on the counter and let the strikers frustrate me till they get the 2nd near the end of the game / or lose 2-0.

Does anyone else feel a certain inevetability in some games that it doesnt matter how well you play, chances you create that when you go 1-0 down the opponent will just score near the end anyway. Had a couple of those hitting the post/bar 3/4 times, chances missed and then get hit on the counter with a defender just moving the wrong way, or not moving at all even though your pressing him to move. Very annoying

Sometimes it feels like your crap at the game, the game engine online feels so much different to when playing an exibition against the computer, it's strange.

I've had some games where I know that whatever I do im just not gonna score.

Had a good match last night. I was Lyon against Man Utd, and it was a pretty even, good, game all the way through. It was 2-1 to me late into the second half when Ruud Van Nistelrooy got one on one with my keeper, turned the ball away from him only for my keeper to fly full length at his legs and send him sprawling!

Carew goes in goal and saves the penalty and then almost imediately I spring up the other end, knock the ball in the box and score the third! :D

I love this game online.Its taking over my life ffs.
I'm no great player,but I ain't the worst.
Been on the wrong end of hammerings.
Been on the right end of hammerings.
Had people quit on me.
But in the whole,most gamers are great.
Love playing and dropping messages like"wtf" and "cheat,lol"
This is truly a great online game,up there with socom.
What else can I say.

GoDiNHo - You are a twat.

Just played this guy. First he hovers his team selection cursor over Reggina, so out of respect I choose Liverpool, not a mega great team. No sooner have I selected Liverpool, he/she then quickly selects AC Milan. How childish.

They then quit at half time. Why are some people so bloody annoying?

Actually I wanted to ask, if you are, say, Middlesbrough, and the other person is Brazil, do you still only get like 58 points if you beat them? Or do you get more if you are a lowly team and you beat a good team?

Caro Benfiquista !

Não consigo registar o meu ID do PES5 (PS2), podes ajudar-me ?
Se conseguisses registar um ID adicional e dares-mo, muio agradecia !
O Meu email é adc_adc@hotmail.com.

Obrigado !!

i desperately need to vent my frustration here.

im playing this guy "Angelo". i pick heerenveen, he then offcourse picks Ac Milan.
after a very nice and lag free game he wins 1-0 by a Shevchenko shot in the 85'minute. We both dominated a half and I unfortunately missed a penalty.
After that we played another one, same teams. I got an early goal against; little bit distracted there, you cant affort that against Milan, 1-0 behind, ..shevchenko shot.
I still told him "nice goal". it was a pretty sportive game up till then. But then comes the second half where i have a goal kick.
And what does he do? He walks his player in front of my defender, you know, that thing that 80% of the online people have discovered.
So im thinking: well if thats what u want, if u want to score like that, especially if your playing against the allmighty heerenveen, then please be my fucking guest.
I pass the ball to Kaka, and he simply shoots it in. Appearantly he was very proud of his effort and shouted "Goal!". A few minutes later, i got a offside freekick, my keeper behind the ball, and you guessed it, kaka comes sneeking in front of my defender, i offcourse please him by passing the ball.
He wins 3-0. But i dont really care, its pretty funny actually this lack of self respect. But what i cant take is that this prick left instantly after the game. I could even ask him why he did it and if he was happy with the win.
He even fled out of the lobby. Maybe he just had to go quickly but i think he was just affriad of facing my words cause he knew he had been an asshole. and now i am a little calm down that thought actually is rather fullfilling.

i knew i was gonna stumble upon these kind of online misbehavers, but there are just so many of them, so fucking many peeps hiding behind their television, forgetting normal social behavioure when they are online. i just hope u guys here keep playing for the fun and not for the points.
fair play to you all.

Yes, I'm sure he was Portuguese because I knew him from a portuguese forum and because we talked after the match.
Well, some interesting stories here, glad to see everyone is enjoying this one way or another.
I had my first 2 player online experience last night and it was great. won 3 confortably and drew 1, on a 5 minute game. I really think you should play 10m game online.
Is anyone here against playing 2 players when in single player? I don't mind, find it quite amusing actually, because they tend to be very poor at defending.
Concerning that thing where you cover the man who is about to receive the ball, well, I think it is legal and see nothing wrong with that. Just check the radar, and if he indeed is there, kick it up the field. Also, if you are quick enough he can't intercept it. That annoyed me at first, but then I thought it ain't going away, so I learned how to deal with it. Another thing was that first post corner everybody scores. Well, not anymore, I alway place a player at the first post, and since my second day I rarely suffer a goal from corner kick:
The games I enjoyed the most were when people chose different teams. Just for fun, check the current game list, and see nothing but: liverpool, man u, chelsea, arsenal, inter, milan, juve, brasil, france. Better, you get to see Brazil vs Brazil. Brasil vs Milan, amusing really. And that's about it. I played against a guy how chose Atletico Madrid and I chose Seville, great game. Another lovely one was Japan - Cameroon. I also hate that "i will pretend I am choosing Betis and then I will kick your ass with Barcelona". Hate it. So now I have this "counter teams". So, when they chose Milan, I have a specific team to beat them , same for Chelsea, etc etc. And, most of the teams are in theory weaker than my opponent.
Of course, I get a lot of YOU SUCK! after beating a number of guys by 3-0. Always amusing.

PESV said:
He walks his player in front of my defender, you know, that thing that 80% of the online people have discovered.
So im thinking: well if thats what u want, if u want to score like that, especially if your playing against the allmighty heerenveen, then please be my fucking guest.
I pass the ball to Kaka, and he simply shoots it in. Appearantly he was very proud of his effort and shouted "Goal!". A few minutes later, i got a offside freekick, my keeper behind the ball, and you guessed it, kaka comes sneeking in front of my defender, i offcourse please him by passing the ball.
He wins 3-0. But i dont really care, its pretty funny actually this lack of self respect. But what i cant take is that this prick left instantly after the game. I could even ask him why he did it and if he was happy with the win.

This is old news on the xbox pes4 online, u just have to be careful not to pass it out of defence like that, I know it's cheap but the game is all about scoring, there are quite a few tactics used to exploit cheap goals and its all really down to defences getting their act together.

RAISH said:
This is old news on the xbox pes4 online, u just have to be careful not to pass it out of defence like that, I know it's cheap but the game is all about scoring, there are quite a few tactics used to exploit cheap goals and its all really down to defences getting their act together.

yeah its definately old news i know, im not that naive. and dont get me wrong, i deliberately passed him the ball twice and just didnt do anything to prevent him. my point was to change his behavior and not just accept it. but he instantly left after the game so now he might think i was dumb as hell passing the ball in his feet.
i do agree its everyone right to mark my man to force me to play a long ball, i do it too sometimes out of automatism(not that i butfuck the defender but just some modest pressure), but to do it every-fucking-time is just silly, you wouldnt see that in a real match: and thats how try to play a game ..like a real match as much as possible. and ive only encountered a hand full off people who think likewise.
but thats ok. i was just a bit pissed, especially the fact that i chose a much weaker side and he still didnt have the descency to let me have a proper build up. i mean where is your respect? anti-football that what it is. and dont tell me "yea we all know it, live with it". at least give me the space for a little rant to make these asshole, u know who u are, a little more concious to the mental damage they inflict upon us, poor passionate football players who always try to play with flair, going for that beautifull realistic goal, while avoiding easy ones.

haha i must sound like a real hardass by now but this just gets to me somehow. i think u can only really understand the frustration play with a "weaker" side who you just like for its playing style. you really gotta work for your goals.

Last edited:
You don't have to play long ball all the time, specially if you're fast. I always play it short, even when the guy is there, and I often get some chills, because he almost gets it. I try to play as real as it gets, with true to life tactics and starting elevens... Unfortunately there will always be people who try to cheat, who try to win at all costs. Eventually you learn how to avoid certain situations, and I guess everyone agrees with me it feels damn good when you win against those idiots!

yeah i use that tactic aswell. But more to get possesion back from a long kick then scoring if they make the mistake. If i do get the ball that way i just long ball it out for another goal kick as a kind of warning. Some people just dont know about it and it takes the fun away scoring like that anyway.

Also depends on the actual player, some dont do it, then i usually dont either.

I don't do it when I play friends, but people who aren't then yeh why not? They all do it to me, but if I play someone who never does it, which is rare, then i'll refrain from doing it.

Some guys are very sporting, I played this dude from spain, my player was lying on the ground injured so I kicked the ball out so he could get treatment. Then the guy actually threw the ball back to me! Thought that was class and very sportsman like. Wish they were more players like that.

mattster12 said:
I don't do it when I play friends, but people who aren't then yeh why not? They all do it to me, but if I play someone who never does it, which is rare, then i'll refrain from doing it.

Some guys are very sporting, I played this dude from spain, my player was lying on the ground injured so I kicked the ball out so he could get treatment. Then the guy actually threw the ball back to me! Thought that was class and very sportsman like. Wish they were more players like that.

Something similiar happened to me last night matt,I was losing 2-0,with about 10 mins to go,The guys has TWO players on the deck,so I kicked it out for him(how sporting,lol),he then preceded to say "thank you" about 20 times.
Then sent me a message saying how british people are more sporting than anyone else.
Good lad he was.
He beat me 3-0 in the end,lol

Yesterday i played a match against somebody named parkranger and he set up a 15 minute match and I thought "Ok i'm cool with that, something different this time then all those 10 minutes matches". At the team selection he was certain to pick Man Red (Manchester United) and i was pretty sure to select Real Madrid, after i did that he put he his cursor to AC Milan (childish, i know). So the match begins and somewhere in the first quarter of the first half i made the first goal and not long after that i made the second. Now from that point he changed his way of play and right after the kickoff he started to pass the ball all the way back to his keeper and then he allows the keeper to make an own goal. Same thing again after the next kickoff, own goal by the keeper and believe me those 15 minutes are a hell to play if this guy keeps making own goals. So after the first half the score was 21-0! Instead of quitting this match i decided to play it his way, so the second half when i had the ball i just passed the ball around the pitch so that he could not reach it and so the second half was over.

Maybe it's also an good idea to make some sort of Black List of players who can't behave online so that we know who not to play a match against.

Last edited:
Riggs_Rx said:
Yesterday i played a match against somebody named parkranger and he set up a 15 minute match and I thought "Ok i'm cool with that, something different this time then all those 10 minutes matches". At the team selection he was certain to pick Man Red (Manchester United) and i was pretty sure to select Real Madrid, after i did that he put he his cursor to AC Milan (childish, i know). So the match begins and somewhere in the first quarter of the first half i made the first goal and not long after that i made the second. Now from that point he changed his way of play and right after the kickoff he started to pass the ball all the way back to his keeper and then he allows the keeper to make an own goal. Same thing again after the next kickoff, own goal by the keeper and believe me those 15 minutes are a hell to play if this guy keeps making own goals. So after the first half the score was 21-0! Instead of quitting this match i decided to play it his way, so the second half when i had the ball i just passed the ball around the pitch so that he could not reach it and so the second half was over.

Maybe it's also an good idea to make some sort of Black List of players who can't behave online so that we know who not to play a match against.

Thats a great idea Riggs,maybe admin could introduce a sticky,it may help some pointless games.

Sounds like there are quite a lot of bad loosers out there...like PESV.
PESV do you know a certain Rinus Michels who once said: "voetbal is oorlog"...it's about winning...no matter how, that's football too...grow up man...

had a corker of a game last night against a guy named PES-MAN, I was Barcelona and he was Chelsea, he went 1 - 0 up pretty early on after a silly mistake on my behalf, nothing much else happened in the first half, except for the 100's of fouls he was doing on me, and kept sending messeges of "SORRY M8" everytime he did it. Anyway second half emerged, I rejigged my formation in an attempt to throw him off and it worked, about 50 mins into the game I slip a nice through ball into Eto who gently taps it past Cech, 1 - 1. I then get another messege saying "VERY LUCKY", so then I reply with 2 goals in around 5 minutes!, I stepped my game up and he couldn't believe it!

final score was 3 - 1 to me, in probably my best comeback online yet.

has anyone noticed a decline in quality when not hosting? The first 10 odd matches i played the home/away quality was pretty much the same with some lag here and there but generally it was really good. However this past week it has been soooo bad. Any away half i play its nearly impossible to play at all as the delay means you cant even pass the ball correctly, players take on a mind of their own and by the time youve corrected them its too late, you need to switch player, shots are pure luck, and a lot of the time movements/button presses dont even register so when you try to do it again (like a pass) its too late as the opponent is too close. The funny thing is when the online began it was good. Are people just starting downloads when they are hosting or what? i have a 6mb/1mb connection so it shouldnt be a prob. Also i only play people with 3 green bars. Hopefully the evo league will be better as im seriously considering not even bothering anymore, just too infuriating!

I have a question.

Last night there weren't many people in the lobby I was in and me being me (lazy) I chose to challenge a guy whose connection was unrated. I had done this before and it had been fine. This time it wasn't, the lag was unbelieveable, the game was unplayable. Ok so I have only played 22 games online but the previous 21 games had all been perfect. It was so bad, I disconnected after 10 mins of the match. I would rather take the loss than try to play with lag like that. But it got me thinking.

When someone is hosting a matchroom you can see their connection status and then decide whether to challenge them. But what about when you host a match room and someone challenges you? Is there any way of telling their connection status. If not I think there should be as each player hosts a half so the connection status is relevant for both players.

The moral of the story from my point of view is never challenge anyone with a shite connection.

Back
Top Bottom