Your PES 5 online stories in here

mattster12 said:
Yes it gives their connection quality, I think it's positioned near the top where their name is ;)

Cheers mate I will have a look. I am loving playing online, I have lost more than I have won but thats not the point is it? Its just great playing human opponents rather than the drone like computer teams.

Also mate, you were right about my 512/256 connection, its fine. Scored one of my best ever goals last night but you can't save goals from the online game can you?

Yeh I love it, even though I've lost more than I've won too lol. As for saving goals, well unless you have a dvd recorder or play it off your pc (as I do) then I don't think it's possible :(

Stan said:
Sounds like there are quite a lot of bad loosers out there...like PESV.
PESV do you know a certain Rinus Michels who once said: "voetbal is oorlog"...it's about winning...no matter how, that's football too...grow up man...

sure, because i like to see more qaulity games and more real challenges(not people who need to score by exploiting bugs) im suddenly a bad loser.

voetbal is oorlog ja. maar mijn hele punt is juist dat sommige dingen weinig met voetbal te maken hebben. en als je dat niet kunt begrijpen dat heb je wat mij betreft niet eens het recht om rinus michels te qouten.

ik denk niet dat het aan jou (en ook niet aan mij trouwens) is om uit te maken wie Michels kan quoten...wat ik bedoelde was dat Michels' succesvolle teams (hoe aantrekkelijke ze ook speelden) niet gerspeend waren van enige cynische trekjes...maar ja blijkbaar ken ik er niks van

and about quality games, that's so subjective...

Let's forget this whole discussion my friend...

I don't pretend to be an expert at this game (unfortunately) but I beat this guy 11-0 the day after it was released - and he was Real Madrid! The game was only set to 10 mins and I don't think I've ever played better. Believe it or not, I've played people who were far worse than him since them and have only beaten them by a goal or just managed a draw.

I played some right dickheads today, 3 people in a row who quit at half time because I was beating them, some people need to sort themselves out.

I had another cracking game though, beat this guy 5 - 2 in extra time with Arsenal and he was Brazil, i let in the first 2 goals, one was a penalty and the other was from a corner, but I managed to pull it back to 2 - 2 and went into extra time where I scored 3 goals in pretty much quick fashion with Hleb & Henry combination.

And what does he do? He walks his player in front of my defender, you know, that thing that 80% of the online people have discovered.
So im thinking: well if thats what u want, if u want to score like that, especially if your playing against the allmighty heerenveen, then please be my fucking guest.
I pass the ball to Kaka, and he simply shoots it in. Appearantly he was very proud of his effort and shouted "Goal!". A few minutes later, i got a offside freekick, my keeper behind the ball, and you guessed it, kaka comes sneeking in front of my defender, i offcourse please him by passing the ball.

Interested to read this and get other peoples take on this one!

Would you say it is unsporting to put a man on the opposition defender at goal-kicks to stop them taking it short?

I wouldn't, and it's something I regularly do. For one, the defender is still able to turn or pass back to the keeper and play out that way so it's not a guaranteed way to score a goal. I play upfront for my own team in real life and as a striker I'd always try and close down the short option for a keeper at goal-kicks. As far as I'm concerned, it's not unsporting or a bug in the game, but simply the way I play.

All that said, I'm interested to hear everyone elses views on this!

Loving PES5 online btw, can't get enough of it - if you see me around, give me a game! [:)]

I would say it's not cheating. Look, it's not breaking the laws of the game to stand anywhere on the pitch outside the goal area. If someone stands an attacker there, don't pass it short! Tough!

Say a team had a weak player on the pitch - would it be unfair if the other team deliberately pressed that player when he received the ball, knowing you would easily nick the ball off him? No, it's called tactical warfare. You are entitled to seek an advantage as long as it is within the laws of the game!

Anyway it's not easy for the attacker to nick the ball from the defender anymore, it used to be more effective on PES4 Xbox Live.

haha yeah well im pretty used to it now so it doesnt get me up the closet anymore ..but i do think that if u time it right, u actually can get in front of the defender, especially if he has ronaldinho and my keeper is waterman and my defender drost. with these slower reaction and passing speed its sometimes hard to pass it back in time. you really have to see it trough the perspective of a weaker team vs a star team, then u will get my frustration from earlier. besides, in real life a keeper can choose out of 3 or 4 defenders so he can allmost always play it short.

also the thing is; it makes me wanna make him look like a rookie, its in my nature. like when he constantly pressures me i will for example pass it back to my keeper and then O+X fool his striker, risky things like that. this gets me in trouble sometimes. but with these action i just wanna say, cmon leave me alone, relax a bit.., but they never get my point. i really wished you could type ingame, cause many opponents dont comprehend the things u communicate trough your playing style alone.

throw- ins are even worse. i have this rule for myselve that i dont pressure my opponent too much on his own half, and when he throws it in my feet by accident, i pass it back over the line. but many a time he doesnt even notice i do this on purpose, or he doesnt want to see it, i dont know. thats too bad because the throw ins are definatly not bug-free. no-one can disagree with me on that.

anyway, my point is, i respect everyone for playing his own way. you cant expect people who only play pes for a year, or who just stepped over from fifa, or who havent played alot against mates, to act and play in a very sportive way, they are too stressed on other things to see the big picture. but it would be cool if more experienced players keep the sportivity up, to set the example.
and also to show them that this game is much more of a simulation than manye newbies or nonfootball players seem to think. that u will be more fruitfull if u play it like if it where a real match, not just like 'a' game.

so like i said; i think its to us, long time pes players, not to fall down into unsportive behavior cause "everyone is doing it".

sorry for the nagging. i dont want to sound like a teacher here.. but i paid 42 euro just to play online, so why should i just shut the fuck up and accept every non-likeable thing i stumble upon? im fighting for a good cause here and yet i feel like a freaking asshole. the morale in the world is all wrong. :(

ok this will be the last u have heard from me bout the case. good games to all of u ;)

Bear with me chaps about this its going to be a longish post if you can be arsed reading :), please don't flame me or call me 'dishonourable', that's something that went and passed from the arcades i remember a long time ago :)

Im from a beat-em-up playing background, thats where i first really got into the competitive nature of video games...especially the Capcom fighters, in its heyday and still to some extent on 3rd Strike and Cvs 2 in a handful of arcades the competition on these games was fierce and i think Pro Evo games with there gameplay which is pretty much based on skill too are the closest sport games to an actual good 2 player fighting game, thats why i like it so much.

The thing is through the years in Streetfighter and the like various tactics began to shine through, now for a while you would go to some arcades or play against people with these new 'set rules', no throwing was a favourite for a long time...because throwing destroyed the block, which people believed should be safe, the first thing people would do would call it 'cheap and cheating'.........but, the more and more people took to the game, simply if you wanted to beat them you had to add the throw to your arsenal or you cut out a large part of the game.
Throwing, and eventually 'tic' throwing....(making the opponent block a hit then throwing them while stunned).....(there was a counter tactic that involved taking the hit and then throwing them instead and later on Capcom introduced the throw escape or recoveries for those who still didn't like the tactic).

Capcom vs Snk 2 and Streetfighter 3, Japan and America play this game seriously, i mean host tournaments against each other......
now Japan found out a new technique for both of these games....on CVS 2 it was the roll cancel....which is doing the command for a roll the split second before a special move, it makes the move invincible and beat out a normal move......kara-throws in SF 3 involve canceling a specific move into a throw, which gives the move more range and priority......both moves are exploits, but they also take skill to perform......After the defeat as the Americans did not know these techniques it was war[/b[ in the Jap/US Capcom community......In Japan this was an accepted technique, in the US it was 'cheap, cheesy' but they had to adapt and use this else, at the level of competition the US players wanted vs the Japs they would simply lose....now, there are US players equally as good as they have embraced the new tricks.

------

Thing is you will play people on all sorts of games who have, and will utilise all the tricks against you...games do, and Pro Evo will, reach the stage where to stand a chance you will have to adopt and embrace these tricks which in the past your self imposed 'code of honour' would not let you.......In the past i've seen tap-ins, crosses, long through balls....all been called 'cheap and cheating tactics' in Pro Evo, but this is only from the people who simply don't like the tactic and somehow their own individual set of rules is solely how the game is to be played.

Look at it for what it is, enjoy the game....someone hogging your defender?, perhaps then as they are concentrating on this, you boot it out and get that header flick on and are through as they do not switch a player in time.....there's a counter for every nasty downright trick in every game, this will be no exception as the short pass is not your only option.

To tell the truth i would rather someone who knows the tricks to use them all against me instead of 'going easy', what am i going to learn from that????how will i improve if someone 'gives me a chance?'.

Don't fall into the trap of doing the 'they only want to win at all costs, it's having fun and playing with 'honour' that matters'.
9 times out of 10 the person playing you is having a load of fun trying to beat you, the idea of a competitive game is actually to win it....if the other person playing enjoys the game all the more bonus....but please don't tag some kind of 'honour' or 'rules of play' onto a game, your sense of fairness is not everyone elses and highly likely whether you admit it or not going to be geared somehow for your advantage....'eg I dont want you to use the through pass as i have trouble defending it'...

Enjoy the game, learn from your losses and don't gloat over your wins, respect your fellow Pro Evo fans and help them improve if you can...but don't think other peoples ideas of fun are somehow any less than your own :)

oooooof my brain!!!

Last edited:
Bailzebub said:
*long post*

oooooof my brain!!!

Good read and i definately get what u are saying. I love competition too. Instead of fighting games i have played alot of unreal tournament on a pretty high level in the past, and if there is any game where u constantly have to outsmart your opponent it must be UT or like u said, 1on1 fighting games. Everyone is trying to be as effective as possible and that how you get better and better. I loved how it kept involving and new tricks where invented all the time.

But i personally would never compare an action packed and aggressive game like UT with PES.
Hm, and i find it very hard to explain why exactly. But a good example on how this game is different, is that somehow i have too play worse if i would want to score.

Bleh nevermind really. But dont get me wrong im the perfect gentleman against all my opponents and respect their playing style. Im not so narrowminded that i cant see: to each his own. Funny enough i only whine in here, where i thought people would know where i was coming from.

-------
But yeah in the end i agree im only advertising my own playing style here and thats actually very stupid indeed. so thanks for giving me that insight bailzebub. appologies to ya all!

Last edited:
@ PESV I was looking for you yesterday evening, couldn´t find you. I have to admit that I also "cover" the last defender usually. I never scored online with that, but had 4 - 5 opportunities so far. I don´t think it´s unfair either. But in case we play a match, I won´t do it, promised. If I do, then I forgot during the match, but I won´t run away after the match. I think I would also get it wrong if you tried to fool my striker with your goalie by X+O. I would think, well if he is so confident then let´s go. But never mind.

Throw-ins do annoy me, too. I conceded quite a few goals after a bloody throw-in near my own box.

I appreciate good goals, but if I loose the ball due to a lag or the ball drops away from my defender while he is receiving the ball and my opponent gets it by accident and then scores, I would call him lucky, too.

I never quit a match. So far, all players I played were OK, although I hate those freaking dribble freaks who rather start a run with Ronaldinho than to pass the ball around.

Looking forward to play you in the League, although I only got Athletico Madrid, but there are other guys with weaker teams also.

@newblood

Haha those ronaldhino runners, tell me about it, just played a few heerenveen vs brazil games. Ronaldhino = run, Adriano = shoot. Thats kind off their whole strategy :). Its probely mine too whenever i play brazil, but thats exactly why i dont play them, games tend to get very straigtforward. But enough about that.

Been spending more time on the german servers, i tend to get much less lag there, almost nonexcistent. Really great. (im from the netherlands btw)

Anyway looking forward to it too! Havent payed alot against atletico before but i guess its a hard team to beat with some deadly forwards.
I'll proberly play Heerenveen. Sporting Lissabon and sometimes Betis are my other favourites. Im thinking of playing Sporting in the EVO-CL and Heerenveen in the league.

Can somebody direct me to how they play PES5 online? Never done it b4 but it sounds like fun. PSP/XBOX/PS2?PC info'd be great. Thanks.

Really enjoying playing online. at first i wasnt too keen, but it takes a few games to adjust, as its slightly different to playing offline.

i had about maybe 5 wins and two loses to start with, but felt i wasnt playing like i can offline. but in my past few games i've really gotten used to it, and have been playing really well, an henry hatrick, and a good few stunning goals. in fact, my 3 best goals of all time on any computer game have come today from playing online. its a great experience. it feels so much like real footy, very competitive, and feels great when you score/win.

occasionaly there is the odd glitch/bit of lag. but nothing at all like when i played on xbox live. which shocked me as everyone always said live was better and ps2 online was crap.

im now just practicing hard for the pro evo champions league which im in and is this weekend.

so id recommend playing online to anyone. its a great experience!

Played a guy named -_- Jon -_- (I think) yesterday. I choose Athletico Madrid to train for the Evo league and he took Barca. The first half I played with only 1 striker up front and he was all over me. But when I had 1 shot on target in the first half, his comment was "ur shit". By the way he wanted 9 breaks and penalties switched on. Second half I played a 4-4-3 and had much more chances (he also had some, too) and scored the equalizer. Again he went "ur shit" (hello dude, you got Barca, I got Athletico). We went to penalties and in the break he told me I again that I´m shit and I should fuck off. I saved the first 3 penalties (he missed one, to be honest) and after my fourth he was done. After the match I told him "haha you shitfucker" and he went "your mom´s got a tight ass" (which isn´t true, I guess :-) ). I put him on my black-list as I want to play with civilized people. It´s OK, if somebody is taking the mickey out of you. That´s funny, but to offend people, that´s something I don´t need. Unless I know the person quite well and know how he means it.

played against Milan as Liverpool and started badly. They scored with the first minute of the game and then by half time I was 3 down. Decided to change things and took off kewell and brought on Hamann. Super skipper scored a header to make it 3-1 and I started to apply the pressure. Out of nowhere smicer hits a cracker into the bottom left corner to make it 3-2 and things start looking up. Then super skipper burst through the milan defence and gets taken out by their defence. Alonso steps up but the keeper saves it only for Alonso to bang in the rebound. Great. The pressure went straight back on me and somehow dudek saved point blank from schevchenko and it went to extra time and then penalties which I won.

People say PES5 is not realistic................I disagree.

Damo666

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Played this guy yesterday danm_pes5. Hosted the first half and it was a good close game. Then second half is so laggy its unreal. So i say this as i have it under the presets and get no responce. Not one moment that a player ran smoothly, jumpy the whole game. So i think, well this is gonna be a loss be what the hell, ill give it a try. Hes creating loads of chances as its impossible to defend but it stays 0-0. with about 15 left he scores a typical chelsea goal, deflection back to the striker goal. And then starts shouting 'easy,easy,easy". Then when the game is over he does it again, so i respond with lag,lag,lag. Its not suprising he was a 1st division player if all the away games are like that, people have no chance. So i blocked him

i have the same problem, fisrt half is good and then the second half is lag,lag,lag. Score in the fisrt half then defend in the second thats my way of playing.

I went on a German forum and they were going on about lags. They all said that it is very important that neither you nor your opponent have their PC running (or are online with it) when playing online. If somebody downloads stuff or even is on the forum here while playing online it will affect the connection and lead to lags.

So, I think if we play the league here, nobody shall be online at the same time with his PC.

newblood8 said:
I went on a German forum and they were going on about lags. They all said that it is very important that neither you nor your opponent have their PC running (or are online with it) when playing online. If somebody downloads stuff or even is on the forum here while playing online it will affect the connection and lead to lags.

So, I think if we play the league here, nobody shall be online at the same time with his PC.

Naah, simply browsing the web won't cause any troubles at all while playing the game. You could even run VoiceIP software at the same time. Only heavy down- and uploads do affect performance in this case.

Come on, you didn´t play that game. As far as I know Smicer is not in the Liverpool squad anymore in PES5.

damianpadden said:
played against Milan as Liverpool and started badly. They scored with the first minute of the game and then by half time I was 3 down. Decided to change things and took off kewell and brought on Hamann. Super skipper scored a header to make it 3-1 and I started to apply the pressure. Out of nowhere smicer hits a cracker into the bottom left corner to make it 3-2 and things start looking up. Then super skipper burst through the milan defence and gets taken out by their defence. Alonso steps up but the keeper saves it only for Alonso to bang in the rebound. Great. The pressure went straight back on me and somehow dudek saved point blank from schevchenko and it went to extra time and then penalties which I won.

People say PES5 is not realistic................I disagree.

Damo666

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I must admit I have been through all the pain of the player in front of the defender etc, and the lag issues etc (which believe me now having half / half is 100% improvement on everyone on Xbox wanting to host!!!)

. You just accept them after a while the one that winds me up more than anything is the amount of people from Milan and Brasil that play on the European Servers...LOL!

I just hate picking Newcastle as I do and then the other player picking Brasil...it just Winds me up. Yes if they are crap and you beat them you feel like you have proven a point, however I don't understand why people don't pick a like for like side..

I take my hat off to those Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Man City fans who pick their sides rather than Brasil all the time..

Today was a glorious day. 9 wins and 1 draw, won with Nancy (thought I was Marseille, must get the real team name list lol) against Chelsea, Udinese vs Milan, Sampdoria vs Inter, Hamburg vs Porto, Dortmund vs Milan. I'm really having fun picking these teams, my opponents seem to pause for a second and think what the hell is this guy thinking. It is great fun

WHy is it that whenever i choose to play my beloved Rangers online the oppenent 95% of the time decides to choose Celtic ! Cmon guys give me a break i wanna play against a different team !!!!

Back
Top Bottom