World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

You won't win the World Cup. Statistic says the country who wins the Eurovision Festival can't win the World Cup in the same year. Simply as that.

You won't win the World Cup. Statistic says the country who wins the Eurovision Festival can't win the World Cup in the same year. Simply as that.

so we clearly can say that this girl give klose the red-card and we lose the match.

Lena-Meyer-Landrut_3-kl.jpg

:RANT:

That may explain, why Great Britain did not win anything since 1966...wait! They were last at the Eurovision Grand Prix for the last x years. Should be winning at the WC-stage this year. :LOL:

how i hate such pics with girls...what shes doin there ??
taking a shit and smiling ?
lol

Vuvuzela injury alert.

A GERMAN soccer fan is being treated for an ear injury supposedly inflicted by a vuvuzela.
Sven Wipperfurth suffered pain and hearing loss after an anonymous trumpeter unleashed a blast from the controversial instrument right next to his ear on Monday, Germany's Bild reported today.

He's been off work sick since and is on medication for tinnitus - a constant ringing in the ears - after doctors diagnosed what could be the world’s first case of a vuvuvela-inflicted injury.

The droning horns, which have become almost omnipresent during matches at this year's World Cup in South Africa, have gone on sale across the globe.

But players and managers have branded them a distraction and called on authorities to impose a ban.

He was cheering on his national team with a crowd of fans in Neuss in western Germany when the instrument was blown right into his ear to herald a goal by German striker Lukas Podolski.

"It was so loud that I winced," Mr Wipperfurth told Bild. "These devil’s trumpets must be banned!".

And a woman in South Africa is warning people about the dangers of vuvuzelas after she ruptured her windpipe while using one.

Yvonne Mayer, 29, told the Daily Mail she was walking to the first South Africa match and blowing into a vuvuzela as hard as she could when suddenly she developed a sore throat. The pain only got worse, and Ms. Mayer ended up going to a doctor, who told her the force of blowing into the vuvuzela created a tear in her throat. She said she was ordered not to eat or speak for two days in order for her windpipe to heal.

She said: “This happened to me on my first time.“I thought I was blowing it right but perhaps I was trying too hard.They’re fantastic fun and really bring people together during the soccer, but my experience has proven they can be dangerous if underestimated.

For her part, Ms. Mayer said she’s given up on vuvuzelas. “I don’t think I’d ever blow one again because it wasn’t much fun,” she said.

:P

rubbish xD

"we don't care who wins the cup, just not italy please" or whatsoever...

I'm sure they ate a pizza afterwards ;)

Auf geht Deutschland! Diesmal drei gegen Ghana und vor allem gegen Kevin-Justin-Enrico.

Let the game begin!

To bad, we did not use one of the many chances, but everything higher than 1-0 would have been unfair to Ghana. We did not play a good or attractive match. Especially Özil, whose only good moment was the goal was weak today imo. Nevertheless, I am very happy we made it to the next stage and I am sure: England will not be a stopper on our way to the WC. 'cause they never were and because, and I do want to say, how much I respect this team, but they not very fit and do not play a good football at the moment.

Klose is shit, too. He is too far above his zenith imo. Best option would be two forwards with Cacau and Gomez/Kießling. 4-5-1 is not a system, Germany is used to play, I still think 4-4-2 would be the best.

Edit: The "too" was focussed on your statement, I still think, Cacau plays a good part and is currently the most dangerous German forward.

Last edited:
I congratulate a national team of Germany on pass in play-off!Played well, but the national team of Ghana also was good and was worthy at least drawn game.

You have no chance against England. You are a pub team.

This of course comes from the English media. :ROLL: No doubt all the old sterotypes will be trotted out inc. mentioning the war again.

I have to say the media here even the BBC who are normally above this, have been very disrespectful to the opposition.

How is the injury to Schweinsteiger ? That could be a big loss. I suppose Boateng could play in his position or Lahm with Jansen at LB.

Haha! Typical Germans! :D
:THINK:
mmmh, not really. i know some germans who actually do have class :D
Lukas_rod said:
Sounds like you and Italy are like Brazil and Argentina
nah, i mean it's not something reciprocal. italians don't really feel any sort of rivalry with germany.... and no italian would ever write such classless, cheap, full of stereotypes song about germany (i know that's supposed to be just a joke, but let's be honest, there's a grain of truth in every joke and we all know most of the people in germany really feels like that about italy).

the thing is italian and germans are probably the most different human beings on earth. in every possible aspect (cultural, social, artistic), we belong to different opposites. germans have all those qualities italians don't have, and would love to have.
italians have all those qualities germans don't have and would love to have.
the thing is how we relate to our differences. we make no mistery of our admiration and respect for germans. germans instead tend to hide their admiration for italians behind a fake sense of superiority.

obviously that's nothing but a generalization (wich means i'm not specifically referring to each and every german, but to the general german opinion about italians).... and i also know that most of the german fellas in here will now say i'm completely wrong, and that's not how germans feel about italians (wich will obviously be a lie)...and perhaps a few germans in here really don't feel like this about italians, but let's be honest, the majority of german people completely agree with the spirit of that joke-song "please everyone but the italians".

oh well, no offense taken guys ;) . i actually have good news for u: it's extremely unlikely italy will win the cup this time :P

getting back to more interesting topics, how serious is Schweinsteiger's injury? i really hope he won't miss the match against england. that would be a terrible news for a neutral fan.

Last edited:
We need Toni Kroos. I can´t see the corner from Schweinsteiger anymore, they are horrible since 6 years and i can´t remember that we have score after a corner from him.

-----------------
NEUER ----------------
LAHM --------FRIEDRICH---BOATENG------JANSSEN
---------KEHDIRA------SCHWEINSTEIGER---------
-----KROOS-------ÖZIL------------PODOSLKI----
-------------------
KLOSE-----------------------

better for me is this, but i guess Löw will never give up the 2 defence mitfielder :(

----------------- NEUER ----------------
-----------SCHWEINSTEIGER---------
-----MÜLLER-------ÖZIL------------KROOS----
--------------
KLOSE------PODOLSKI-----------------------

Last edited:
----------------- NEUER ----------------
-----------SCHWEINSTEIGER---------
-----MÜLLER-------ÖZIL------------KROOS----
--------------
KLOSE------PODOLSKI-----------------------

+1, but Cacau for Klose and maybe Badstuber instead of Boateng.

Back
Top Bottom