World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

You forgot the [irony][/irony] marks. :LOL:

I honestly cannot hear this stupid discussion any more. All teams and all players have to play with the same ball and they are professionals, they are getting paid for this. I really think they should learn to handle it as normal humans have to learn to handle new things at work, too. And if they really can't, we know which teams are good and which fail trying.

Edit: Read at another thread, Jabulani was used in Bundesliga. I saw every round of this years season and I never saw this ball(additionally I have to say that the German teams could use an own ball last season, the new "Torfabrik"-ball for all teams comes next season). Am I wrong or is this a wrong information?

Last edited:
I think this whole discussion (except maybe the part of it done by the yellow press) has become more of a running gag than anything else by now. The teams of the World Cup had several weeks of preparation before the WC actually started; more than enough to get used to a freaking ball.

Truth is, Jabulani was used in Bundesliga matches last season. The German team might be more used to it, which is just natural. But the fact is, all those people moaning are pros, getting paid a huge load of money, and they've become way too spoilt to the point they blame everything but themselves.

We, the amateur football players, the un-pros, the football fans, who play casual football, somewhat know what it feels like playing with different balls, but never in my life witnessed anyone complain about a ball for days. We might complain the first time we use it, which is normal, because it feels different. But 5-10 minutes into the game we'd get used to it and that's that.

These "pros" should stop blaming everything but themselves and stand up and be PROS about it.

Yes, we played so good, cause we know this Ball.:))
Just a poor excuse in my opinion. The Jabulani was in use in several competition matches over the past half a year (e.g. Adidas-teams in Bundesliga, Swiss League, Ajax Amsterdam, African Cup of Nations, the pre-Wc friendlies...) and I never noticed any complaint or a hint that the new technology supports an unattractive, defensive and passive playstyle as well as poor keeper performances.
But suddenly noone except Germany is able to handle it? :CONFUSE:

Truth is, Jabulani was used in Bundesliga matches last season. The German team might be more used to it, which is just natural. But the fact is, all those people moaning are pros, getting paid a huge load of money, and they've become way too spoilt to the point they blame everything but themselves.

We, the amateur football players, the un-pros, the football fans, who play casual football, somewhat know what it feels like playing with different balls, but never in my life witnessed anyone complain about a ball for days. We might complain the first time we use it, which is normal, because it feels different. But 5-10 minutes into the game we'd get used to it and that's that.

These "pros" should stop blaming everything but themselves and stand up and be PROS about it.

Nope, I think(if I remember right) the ball was NOT used in Bundesliga. Apart from this I completely agree with you.

OMG...I think I am either blind or getting old. :LOL:

Of course the Adidas teams played with it, but the other teams such as Werder did not, did they? This would explain, why I do not remember it...

So many German players as Özil, Khedira, Marin, Friedrich, and many others had no constant "date" with this ball. Another fact showing how ridiculous the whole discussion is.

The pitch conditions ie on the veldt with it drying very quickly and less atmospheric resistance plus the very aerodynamic nature of the ball means it flies further given the same impulse F.t.

And loses less momentum on impact ergo more bounce.

Happens in rugby union matches there. You can punt the ball far further and higher and it runs on further.

Players look like they are getting accustomed to it but at altitude fatigue and subs will be important.

The ref is doing his best to ruin the game, no way Klose deserved two yellows.

Still, no need for him to foul somewhere in the middle of nowhere three times. Stupid as hell. Thanks for another unforgettable Miro Klose World Cup Moment.

bad luck for germans, but Klose faul from behind was without question yellow

you have many players with yellow cards in the match so they played without risking red..

anyway, Podolski miss was decisive.. :/

still Germany will go up ;)

Still, no need for him to foul somewhere in the middle of nowhere three times. Stupid as hell. Thanks for another unforgettable Miro Klose World Cup Moment.

Yes, really bad action and both teams had problems with the referee. I am disappointed from both teams. Serbia wasn't good but we played worser. Now we know how strong Australia was...

Well, in the end I can say I have huge respect for the way the team played with one man down, but they still weren't quite clever enough to score.
Badstuber - a freaking CB - was used on the left side again, against the way faster Krasic and did what he had to: look terrible throughout the game.

Ref was good seeing fouls and everything, but certainly not good judging them correctly.
Now we'll have to play a decisive match against Ghana with the risk of losing up to five players for the next round (if we can go through) - that's never good.

btw.

GO AUSTRALIA!!!

I mean, seriously!!!

pleeeeeeeeease!!!

:(

Last edited:
I think we will get a final on last gameday and maybe one point could be too less because I don't think that Australia could beat Ghana. One advantagde for the German team: Klose doesn't play at Thursday.:P

if the Ghana win tomorrow i am afraid maybe Germany wont be able to go through out from the group,a few days ago everyone (me too) says they are the best and now we dont know if they can see the next round,how weird really..

Last edited:
A wise man said once: "The bad about falling is not the fall itself, but the sudden stop at the bottom."

Now we know, what he meant. I am not disappointed by our team, I think they played no bad match, I am rather disappointed about the many chances(including the penalty) we had and did not use to score at least once. Against Australia we had not many more chances, but they were used, that is what made the difference to today. With a bit of luck this game could have ended 4-4 and I think a draw would have been a fair result.

The many yellows were a bit harsh, but the second for Klose was absolutely deserved. Two fouls, stupid as hell in the middle of the pitch without any need or any danger, result always in this. When a pro does not know this, he shows how needed he is in this squad.

For the last match against Ghana I am convinced we will win, because we will score some of the goals we missed to score today. ;)

Back
Top Bottom