World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

+1, but Cacau for Klose and maybe Badstuber instead of Boateng.

Sure Badstuber can also play but Klose is better header as Cacau and you need a good header against terry and caragher also cacau is a better sub
Mertesacker is also horrible at the world cup, most overrated
if Merte don´t play with naldo on his side they have no power on infights

so is schweini gonna be ok for the match against england?

i´m 100 % sure ;)

Last edited:
I think, we should bring up Cacau and Kießling against this long defenders. There will be no chance to score with a header and so the most effective way will be playing near the ground, which is Cacau's talent. This plus Kießling's ability to break trough a defence will bring various chances.

I guess, I know Klose, but I still believe that English defenders, especially Terry, will keep him down. :)

Last edited:
You really know Klose ? :DD
He is technically no worse than Cacau and get a good game overview and maybe shots better penaltys ;) However that is: England is afraid of us :P :DANCE:[/QUOTE=*Jolly*Roger*;1978217]

You should be listening to the some of the media here. They already think it's a walkover . Don't bother turning up. ;)

The Scots and Welsh won't be pleased by and large by that description. The Olympics is still two years away. ;)
I am half-Scottish half-Welsh by the way, I was just enlightening that guy with a quick geography lesson because the BBC and The Sun seem to think "English" and "British" are interchangeable, when its misconception. It's all ok! :) :COOL:

Auf geht's Deutschland :D

No, I know the difference, the United Kingdom(British) is England plus Wales plus Scotland...

@lo zio: I don't think Italians and Germans are that different. We are not the same, but not THAT different. I guess Germans love Italy and its inhabitants, but nearly no one(including me) likes the way, how they play football with all this "falling down without contact" and simulating and at least we all remember what happened back in 2006: We lost in our country against you, after you cried for a punishment against Frings and ran to the FIFA like small kids. Otherwise you did not accept you just reached this point after simulating in the 95th minute at Kaiserslautern against Australia although you played very bad and there was no other way to win this game.

I am half-Scottish half-Welsh by the way, I was just enlightening that guy with a quick geography lesson because the BBC and The Sun seem to think "English" and "British" are interchangeable, when its misconception. It's all ok! :) :COOL:

Auf geht's Deutschland :D

Indeed. The way the mass media here are working themselves into a lather over a victory over a nation of two million souls after the infamous EASY headline in 'The Sun' is rather sordid.

I hear Argentina shirts are doing a roaring trade over the border as well. ;)

I'm English and must be an oddity as I both adore Argentina and Scotland having been to the latter several times. :COOL:

That Germany attack should definitely cause the English defence plenty of problems.

If Podolski plays well, he could easily exploit Glen Johnson's defensive failings.

Whether it's Cacau or Klose up front, they should be able to expose the lack of pace in that central defence.

Anyone else notice how everyone and their dog is on the Ozil bandwagon now?! :LOL: Not here, I mean when talking among friends, etc. :LOL:

And right now they don't know nothing about Toniiiii Krooooooos!!

Anyone else notice how everyone and their dog is on the Ozil bandwagon now?! :LOL: Not here, I mean when talking among friends, etc. :LOL:

And right now they don't know nothing about Toniiiii Krooooooos!!
hehe, actually Özil wasn't anything good vs Serbia or Ghana, apart the goal :D

Yeah and that's what makes it funnier! :LMAO:

Mesut has even missed 2 great 1-on-1 chances so far! But while before nobody give him credit even though very talented, now everybody is jumping on his dick like he's the new John Holmes! :LOL:

if we loose against england, argentina, spain or netherlands it doesn´t matter we have a very young team and world champion in Brazil 2014 is to be way better :D

yep, he is probably our biggest talent, but has problems when people are saying he's the best etc.; Some people here even said he was like messi(!), after the Australia match. I mean "experts".

----------------- NEUER ----------------
LAHM --------FRIEDRICH---BOATENG------JANSSEN
-----------SCHWEINSTEIGER---------
-----MÜLLER-------ÖZIL------------KROOS----
--------------
KLOSE------PODOLSKI-----------------------

I think if we play like this, wo lose 4-0.:CONFUSE:

According to this, the best option in my opinion would be Klose and Kießling with Müller, Kroos and Podolski as offensive midfielder and Schweinsteiger as defensive backup.

Low's lack of depth in central midfield/DMF position can now really hurt Germany (I hope not!) with Schweini apparently not fully fit and having a bit of a knock.

If for whatever reason, him or Khedira needs to go off/suspended/injured, etc, Germany doesn't have any backups for them. Trochowski and Kroos are offensive.

Rolfes and Ballack are gonna be missed for depth purposes if nothing more.

Who cares, we don´t need backups, we need a positive mind. all of this matches are going to win in the brain, no matter who's playing ;)
Sorry for my bad english

I know, it is not everything about revenge in life, but this year is great: Italy early out after the happenings in 2010 and our own victory over the '66 Wembley happenings after this match.

Just kidding: This was clearly and with NO DOUBT a regular goal by Frank Lampard, which was stolen. Afterwards it would have cause a completely different match and I am not sure, if we'd have won this. The German defense was very weak between the 2:0 and the 3:1 and especially Per Mertesacker is one of the worst defenders this year. Surprisingly Arne Friedrich is doing a fantastic job I had never thought, he could play such a brilliant WC without just a single mistake. Additionally we must say that Thomas Müller and of course Bastian Schweinsteiger are playing on world-class level at the moment. The players disappointing me are Özil(even if he made a superb run before Müller's first goal), because he does not his full potential, he could play even better, and today Phillip Lahm for having such problem with Gerrard.

But all in all our team play a great match(excluding the last 15 minutes of the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second) and won deserved.

Well played, totally deserved win, we were a shambles at the back.

Forget Lampard's goal, it should have counted but we didn't deserve to win anyway.

Forget Lampard's goal, it should have counted but we didn't deserve to win anyway.

Don't know about that. If England scores at this point, we would have fall in parts, I am sure about this. We have a very young team and the defence and Neuer were knocked, but living after Upson's goal. Another goal could have stopped everything. England played a good power play from minutes 35 to 55 without having the luck and maybe skill to score once.

Back
Top Bottom