Windows 7

oh, i thought you guys were on about the ms update that stops dodgey windows 7

the guy i got it off, is on a private forum

ill give you his email address in pm. mine activated fine but use at your own risk

oh, i thought you guys were on about the ms update that stops dodgey windows 7

the guy i got it off, is on a private forum

ill give you his email address in pm. mine activated fine but use at your own risk

I'll email him to ask him if he has any more :)

He replied back already, he has Windows 7 Ultimate ones, confirming they're still £20 :)

Thanks

I upgraded to Ultimate yesterday thanks to Placebos advice and everything went smooth although i did have to re-install a few things

One thing i have noticed though is the startup is pretty slow compared to before, is this the case with the retail?

Hmm my startup is fast, like 60-90 seconds maybe, never timed it, I'd suggest doing some googling about slow startup and see if there are any tweaks you can do, an app such as "7 tweak" will probably help, and of course defragging regularly :)

Hmm my startup is fast, like 60-90 seconds maybe, never timed it, I'd suggest doing some googling about slow startup and see if there are any tweaks you can do, an app such as "7 tweak" will probably help, and of course defragging regularly :)

Ah defragging, i have diskeeper that is meant to do it every week or so but i aint seen it run for a while now

ill check out that 7 tweak as well thanks

Well, it's a little bit of a long shot but here it goes:
Did anyone try installing Windows 7 pro (64 bit) plus Kubuntu 9.10 (64 bit) in dual-boot?
Is it feasible (and maybe also easy :P)?

I've been using Kubuntu 9.10 (32 bit) for a while now at home and I found it more comfortable than I expected, so I really would like to keep it for daily use along with W7 on the new machine I'm going to set up in the weekend..

Last edited:
I have hit a problem

For no reason at all Windows 7 loaded today and i cant do anything because its so slow. I narrowed it down to my graphics card drivers and when i uninstall them it all works fine again

Now i need to reinstall some drivers and the ones i am trying have the same problem so i dont know what to do next. The card is a ATI Radeon X1650 and they are apparently not bringing any W7 drivers out for it

Is there any generic driver about that i can use to get this running properly again because atm its saying my graphics index is 1 so its running pretty shite

I have hit a problem

For no reason at all Windows 7 loaded today and i cant do anything because its so slow. I narrowed it down to my graphics card drivers and when i uninstall them it all works fine again

Now i need to reinstall some drivers and the ones i am trying have the same problem so i dont know what to do next. The card is a ATI Radeon X1650 and they are apparently not bringing any W7 drivers out for it

Is there any generic driver about that i can use to get this running properly again because atm its saying my graphics index is 1 so its running pretty shite

Google finds a few results here which may help:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/15085-ati-radeon-x1650-pro-agp-problems-2.html

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/5541-x1650-catalyst-control-center-3.html

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/4381-ati-x1650-windows-7-a.html

have a look at the windows update catalog for any hardware drivers, see if one is there for your graphics

I tried there already, there are no Windows 7 ones at all only Vista ones that dont work

Thanks anyway i'm gonna have to format i think

I searched google alot yesterday to find a answer but it seems nobody has the same problem as me and the only driver that works with W7 doesn't work on mine

Format time

Been using win 7 for quite a while now but was after a change and so I decided to try out ubuntu... installed it and the machine stopped working!!! managed to get windows to boot and then uninstalled ubuntu...

Anyways my question is... Anyone use ubuntu? advantages/disadvantages over win7??

Whoah, just accidentally stumbled across what I am dubbing as "Windows Tabbing". It's like holding Alt and Tabbing to see and easily switch windows, but you get to see a preview of every window open, from a nice funky angle and can cycle through them.

windowstabbing.png

Awesome :COOL:.

I accidently pressed ctrl alt del and it gave me different options to shut down etc or start 'task manager'. Really handy saves me alot of time.

Whoah, just stumbled across this feature in Windows 7. It's this bar that comes up on your screen and has several of your most used programmes and easy access to your documents etc.! Never seen anything like it before!

arffail.png

He replied back already, he has Windows 7 Ultimate ones, confirming they're still £20 :)

For some after installing a new DVD drive today windows is saying my copy isn't genuine

I can't find my product key either

You always need to re-activate Windows 7 after changing vital hardware components (like CPU, motherboards, drives), Coopz. Otherwise Windows 7 thinks it's being used on a different system because the checksum (or something the like) of your system changed.

"How many times can I install Windows on my computer before I have to activate Windows again?

You can reinstall Windows on the same computer as many times as you want because activation pairs the Windows product key with information about your computer hardware. If you make a significant hardware change, you might have to activate Windows again."

You're fucked without your proper key.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, i have done a bit more digging and there are loads of things about this on the MS site with people upgrading as you said and most are down to MDSN keys that are being sold when they are not meant to be

It's weird how it only failed validation after i changed my drive, surely its too much of a coincidence that a dodgy key is blocked the same time i turn my PC on after a upgrade

Back
Top Bottom