Windows 7

@ Placebo -

I installed daemon tools and seems to be working ok, but i get the 'this program has know compatibility issues' message. Should i just ignore..

@ Tim

A mate of a mate is selling them 10 for home, 15 for premium and 20 for ultimate - The keys only work on the retail version - not on RC or RTM. I was skeptial at first but my mate bought 2 and they worked so i bought 2 on friday and they both activated perfectly

:SHOCK:

Ill delete my post about about the above as im not sure if its breaking forum rules...

Nick, could you edit the quote from me above please?

We are offering students the opportunity to buy Windows 7 for an amazing discounted price, £30 for either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional.

You can take advantage of this offer from September 30th but you will need to be quick as it is for a limited time only and is only eligible to college and university students with a valid .EDU email address (an email address given by the college or university, for example: Suzanne@leeds.ac.uk ), a PC that is currently running a genuine copy of Windows Vista or Windows XP and can run Windows 7.

This offer will be available from 1st October so please check back then for details on how to take advantage of this great offer.

MS

CNET

Amazon pre order cancelled.

DSCF6876.jpg

:BY:

I've completed the student offer and I've backed up my important files, what else do I need to back up to ensure a smooth transition to Windows 7?

Managed to get legal version of Win7 Pro x64, for about 10$.

Loving it. So much faster than XP, and much more stable.

Ordered my windows 7 ultimate through expert zone (M$ retail training thing) for £11.50, well free really, just had to pay the P+P, after i complete the training course!

Got a new ASUS EEE notebook yesterday (Intel Atom280 chip, 1gb RAM - will upgrade) and wanna stick '7' on it.

Cannot 'find' it in my usual sources though and not even sure about going that route.

Any other cheap options? ;)

Ordered my windows 7 ultimate through expert zone (M$ retail training thing) for £11.50, well free really, just had to pay the P+P, after i complete the training course!

Do you have a link for that mate?

I want a cheap version of W7 :)

Can download this but I dont have a Hard drive to back up everything. Is doing an upgrade pretty much safe or should u always do a clean install?

I backed up my stuff beforehand just incase, I did the Upgrade option and all my files and most of my programs are safe. I had to unistall Kaspersky but luckily we've got the 2010 version in the house so that takes care of that.

Everything is very slick.

Having not fiddled with Windows 7 til now I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. I'm liking the OS X Dock-like taskbar, shiny.

Back
Top Bottom