Windows 7

Thanks for the reply, i have done a bit more digging and there are loads of things about this on the MS site with people upgrading as you said and most are down to MDSN keys that are being sold when they are not meant to be

It's weird how it only failed validation after i changed my drive, surely its too much of a coincidence that a dodgy key is blocked the same time i turn my PC on after a upgrade

the change will force you to recactivate and you have failed the activation because of the key

adds up to me

Suddenly this morning my laptop is telling me that I don't have an anti virus program (I've had Kaspersky for months), anyone else have this issue?

For some after installing a new DVD drive today windows is saying my copy isn't genuine

I can't find my product key either

You bought a key from the guy I know in Portugal? Mine's still fine but I don't think I've changed my hardware in any way that required a re-validation.

Yeah i got it off the guy you said

I have emailed him and asked about it but he hasn't replied

Hey lads wonder if you can help.

Windows 7 has some brill features - but the ones I would use dont seem to work.

C:\Windows\system32 - this folder loads up when I click on "quick launch" things.

For example when I right click msn messenger or google chrome from my taskbar and want to "load a new chrome window" or anything under the "task" column - it just loads C:\Windows\system32

Happens on every quick "task" thing.

Any ideaS?

Sounds like something has messed with your registry. Try running the system file checker - info here.

startegiclogo7.jpg

Fixed, thanks a lot Mart.

Can someone give me Windows7 Premium interaface pack in Serbian or English language! He is currently a German who does not understand the best! If someone can give me download? 64 bit!

Last edited:
Thanks forr help.Work now.

I have a problem with Windovs7. I accidentally made two administrators but now I do not know how to remove one, does somebody can tell me how to remove?

Last edited:
Considering that site is selling Windows 8 preview keys (ie the keys we all get for free) for $59 I'm not sure it's so reliable ;)

At least pay through paypal then you can easily get your money back if the key doesn't work (or you don't get one).

Just call up Microsoft, speak to the automated service and it'll activate your key again. Even though Windows say it can't activate it, the telephone service has always worked for everyone I know who's called it.

Not sure on the number but a quick Google should find it for you.

Balls! :LOL:

So PayPal will protect me if I say there's been a problem?

In theory yep.

Just call up Microsoft, speak to the automated service and it'll activate your key again. Even though Windows say it can't activate it, the telephone service has always worked for everyone I know who's called it.

Yeah I bought an MS Office key from a guy in India I found on the net, cost me something like £6, activation didn't work through office/online activation but calling the automated phone system worked perfectly.

Oh OK, thanks Dags! I'll give it a go.

Tomorrow I will be formatting my hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 7 on my new SSD. What do I need to do regards the product key etc?

I'd advise downloading your network card/adaptor drivers to a flashdrive just in case. Have the key written down somewhere (if it's not on a printed material) but I guess that's common sense! You really don't need too much more than that.

Oh all the drivers are fine as it'll be via bootcamp! I've got the product key in the manual so that's fine, but I don't need to de-authorise this machine or anything first?

Back
Top Bottom