Welcome WENBers! (Formerly known as "WENB Gone?")

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's almost as if the people that were on WENB are capable of decent warm conversation without a particular absolute bloody mentalist being around causing nonsense

it's almost as if the people that were on WENB are capable of decent warm conversation without a particular absolute bloody mentalist being around causing nonsense

Unfortunatly some representives have to close a forum that has been active for more than a decade to realize this.

Do you even still play PES?

It's gotten quite difficult. Life's changed since the old days, there's a family now and old mates who stopped playing altogether. Kinda hard to play it now with all these great memories I'm still fond of. But I still haven't given up on the series :LOVE:

I learn who you actually were here not too long ago. I would love for you to be around more.

Awww, that's very sweet! But trust me, I'm probably more around than anyone else, lurking in the shadows while trying to keep this a warm and cosy place. So, I am around. I'm just not around around as much.

Funny that, isn't it. But we're the 'nutbars', remember?

I enjoyed my time on that forum and I never once did and never would give someone grief just for liking PES. I just couldn't be doing with people with vested interests repeatedly exaggerating and blagging.

I guess I should have known what to expect from a forum with such close ties with Konami themselves. You're never getting neutrality and objectivity from some in that scenario.

Still, what's done is done now. I like this place already.

The positivity graph is off the charts in this thread. Keep 'em coming. It wouldn't flow this much once we get into September. Let it all out.

Former WENB lurker/occasional poster. I guess my annual (September - November) PES contributions will have to be here at EvoWeb, now that WENB is gone.
I think I had near 1000 posts over the years at WENB; I have also contributed to the PES discussion here on EvoWeb, albeit seldomly.

Er...I've had every PES game excluding PES 2016, because I was somehow able to resist giving Konami £40 that year. I love football, and took a holiday off work to watch the world cup. I like to think that I am objective when offering my critique of PES but I am aware that I have an underlying desire for PES to be a great game, and I usually buy into the yearly hype train.

Struggling here, this interview is tough. That's all I got... am I welcome at EvoWeb?

I was shocked to see this today.

I used to mod on wenb (still am a mod, Bravez) but gone are the days where I could sit at work and moderate/post all day, or even after work. Life took over and Danny tried and tried to get new moderators but it was never forthcoming. For the past couple of years Danny tried to run that place on his own.

There are no posts about it in the staff forum, no idea what happened but I stopped visiting a long time ago. The place was a cesspit in the end.

Also, regarding the way the site was run, certainly from a moderation perspective it had absolutely no influence from Adam/Asim/Konami all the time I was a mod. It was just a case of there being very few active mods and the place getting out of control.

Sad tbh.

Ps, although I've been scholes1 since I joined here in 2005 it would be awesome if a mod could change it to Bravez.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

It's like going from North Korea into Disneyland. Everyone's pretty cool here.
It's true indeed. As I said earlier I also post on the FIFA forums pretty regularly but for example I cannot bear some people there, especially in the FUT forums. Pretty toxic over there at times. Here people are usually waaaaay more open minded and relaxed.

I think we need a WENB members dedicated thread for at least another 5 days before they go and interact with the real world :D

This is how they look right now probably

1181.jpg

Haha, I'm definitely the one with the leaf, though I don't use as much eyeliner. It's so warm right now I need a big leaf to keep me cool.

It's true indeed. As I said earlier I also post on the FIFA forums pretty regularly but for example I cannot bear some people there, especially in the FUT forums. Pretty toxic over there at times. Here people are usually waaaaay more open minded and relaxed.

I don't think I've ever wandered into that place. Maybe to have a look at the real football discussion thread a few times. General Discussion isn't too bad, but you get people still asking for them to put qualifiers into WC DLC for example. It's like me asking asking Subway to give me a Big Mac.

Blimey, there's some great courtesy there.

And in about 13 years, I may ask you to change my name to 'SwanseaFinallyWin' :BOP:
Since you got hold off my hate team (not really) nr 1 coach yesterday ,Potter from östersund (shit ground,no fans) you'll need all the help in the world getting "Swansea finally won" in your repertoire mate:)

Funny that, isn't it. But we're the 'nutbars', remember?

I enjoyed my time on that forum and I never once did and never would give someone grief just for liking PES. I just couldn't be doing with people with vested interests repeatedly exaggerating and blagging.

I guess I should have known what to expect from a forum with such close ties with Konami themselves. You're never getting neutrality and objectivity from some in that scenario.

Still, what's done is done now. I like this place already.

Does daniel not post here? I'm surprised, seems like fertile ground for his propaganda. :?

If I never have to read another post by Alan it will be too soon. I've rarely seen someone that routinely displays genuine, palpable signs of mental instability be so liberal in their framing of others as crazed. His brain must have been deprived of the self-awareness module.

Having a containment thread is probably reasonable, otherwise it might feel like an invasion. I wouldn't blame people here for being skeptical given how bad the WENB forum had become.

Anyway I don't want to sour the mood. It's nice to see danny/bravez are still alive! World cup and E3 coming up, should be an interesting few weeks.

Some spectacular lies being told by WENBlog about the forum closure. About the alleged racism (see below). Not surprising that the threads are inaccessible since anyone could have seen that the alleged racism was waved through on one of the rare days that the moderator clocked on.

Now they are using that allegation as chief reason to shut down, also citing toxic behaviour while PES Casual and Daniel applaud today's 'shock' decision which both of them have gloated and threatened about going back weeks or months.

Spectacular lies to cover up that the PES Casual project was a glaring failure which only brought more shame on Konami while their PR personel floundered day after day on the forum.

No wonder they've been repeating this mantra about conspiracy theories. Plenty going on behind the scenes.

Konami and its partners are all about treating loyal customers like memory/mindless idiots.

Генерични
@AGenericHandle

8h

@WENBlog still interested how you know about the 'racism' in the forum. If your mods have seen it then why didn't the poster get banned? Incredibly coincidental that the only person peddling the 'racism' line also warned of this happening.

View details ·

Winning Eleven Blog
@WENBlog
Replying to @AGenericHandle

People did get banned. Mods missed some too. It is a coincidence. Come up with whatever conspiracy theories you want, but it's been a cesspool for a while and if people can't stay civil, only option I had was to shut it down

Is there any way the Evo-Web Staff can see how many people registered within a given time frame? Say a week from today?

Hello everyone, new and old.

As my first post i will say this.

I have, as few mentioned, lurked here for years as well, now i seek refuge. I have seen good moderation, and some quality discussions. WENB maybe have sunk deep, but this means only one thing, the voices will be louder and will grow more as a community here (i believe most of us here are well over 30 here).

I have shared few sentiments of some members regarding PES on twitter (Lami's attack/defense issues) and im sure i share the common philosophy regarding PES with many here. I hope we make even bigger impact on making PES the way we want. They cut one head, we grow 5 others. :BSCARF:Vamos !

Regards,
Chilleverest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom