Welcome WENBers! (Formerly known as "WENB Gone?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Wasn't sure which forum to put this in, or even whether to discuss it at all, but I think it's an interesting, potentially worrying development (given that WENB is one of those "official" communities).

@Matt10 has noticed that the forums appear to have been taken offline, with a message that suggests it may be permanent:

xFQWqfA.jpg

Does anybody know anything more? I've not been on WENB for a while now.

Saw it gone just seconds ago too.. I was just a lurker, as far as I can say the atmosphere in the last weeks was horrible and there was practically nobody moderating the constant insults and flames in the main topics, maybe whoever is the admin decided that it was just better to shut it down all togheter?

I tried to log in from my mobile phone a week ago, and it said it was "under maintance" but it didn't have a notification, in how many days the site will be online again

yes pescasual and daniel had prior knowledge, were using it as threats for months. fact is the forum heads do not want anything but glowing praise for pes, i have no doubt adam and asim will have been putting pressure on to get "negative" talk wiped out and wenb has folded.

oh well i hope my new family at evo web will have me :)

I reckon Alan accomplished his mission there.

Still, at least he isn't about these forums.

I'll say here what I told him on Twitter. When you have that many active users, it's hard to keep track and get to know them (which is vital in order to know when someone is joking, when someone is spamming, when someone is being ironic or whatever). So what you must do is increase the number of Mods/Admins. You cannot run a big community unless you have the right staff in terms of quantity and quality.

I run a Forum myself (not PES-related) since 2006 and I've come to realise that. When your community starts to grow, it will inevitably start to get out of control too. So you need to apply the rules and punish whoever is not respecting them regardless of how much you like or dislike that member. You must be equal. And you must accept help too. Rely on members that you see fit and adjust to the criteria and make them mods. It is the only way.

Some people are just born wrong though. And even if you ban them, they will create another account. And if you ban their IPs they will use a VPN to re-register. And whatever you do, they will find a way around it. Because there's just something wrong about them in their heads. Not much you can do there. But those will be the very least. Hopefully.

Has been a shithole for a while with various members throwing personal insults at each other and PES discussion rarely came into play, which was unusual. Hopefully this decision gets reversed as soon as things settle before going into overdrive again.

WENB have just sent us (the Evo-Web Twitter account) a message:

jOP3NBl.png

Shame to see them go.

Talking about "multiple attempts" is very over the top in my opinion, as the forum was basicly completely abandoned from any form of moderation. This place could have been managed easily with a little effort. The worst agitator (banned from EvoWeb some time ago, as i was told) was writing the last front page articles, i think this alone is a the best indicator for the status of WENB in its last days.

I'm not sure which attempt they are talking about in the tweet, from what I've seen that place was basically left on itself to rot

Talking about "multiple attempts" is very over the top in my opinion, as the forum was basicly completely abandoned from any form of moderation. This place could have been managed easily with a little effort. The worst agitator (banned from EvoWeb some time ago, as i was told) was writing the last front page articles, i think this alone is a the best indicator for the status of WENB in its last days.

completely agree BUT

I hope we protect Evo-Web now. I expect A LOT of people from WEBN to come here. Let's not degrade the quality and warmth we have here, please.

this :BEER:

nice to see you @NIK778899 @philla again, hopefully mutu,ameobinho and vital find their way accross too

@Chuny bit harsh to say we will downgrade the chat. you need to remember pescasual was allowed to go on 4-5 day tirades of profanity,you have to expect arguments

also daniel was caught out lying time and time again but never admitted it, once again good modding will sort this out

fear not,we criticise pes but we love pes and want it to be great again!

heres to a brand new era!

There was constant talk of a tragedy regarding Daniel's personal side and how there was some kind of advantage taken of it. Never got to know the full story. Couldn't read anything else after reading PESCasual's gigantic walls of I-don't-care.

This is one fine place though. You've to have events like these to truly appreciate a place like EvoWeb.

Last time I lurked there a mod admitted that Adam was the one who made him a moderator,A guy was lying about PES features for 3 years straight and a lunatic wrote a garbage article that Adam endorsed (Curdstar isn't it?).

A sad lonely place

nice to see you @NIK778899 @philla again, hopefully mutu,ameobinho and vital find their way accross too

@Chuny bit harsh to say we will downgrade the chat. you need to remember pescasual was allowed to go on 4-5 day tirades of profanity,you have to expect arguments

also daniel was caught out lying time and time again but never admitted it, once again good modding will sort this out

fear not,we criticise pes but we love pes and want it to be great again!

heres to a brand new era!

I'm not talking about you or the next one to join, specifically. Prejudice is ignorance.
What I'm saying is that, if the owner (or Admins and Mods) from WEBN are saying that it had gotten to a point where personal attacks and insults were just too much over there, I wouldn't want that side of WEBN to come over here. That's who we need to protect from. Not from you mate.

There was constant talk of a tragedy regarding Daniel's personal side and how there was some kind of advantage taken of it. Never got to know the full story. Couldn't read anything else after reading PESCasual's gigantic walls of I-don't-care.

This is one fine place though. You've to have events like these to truly appreciate a place like EvoWeb.
wenb was good as it seemed people were allowed an opinion up until pes 16 started a downward spiral

the daniel stuff was weird. everyone passed on their condolences(even if they disliked him as a poster) but some seemed intent on twisting it to say people were using it against him which was just plain wrong. horrible to see.

I'm not talking about you or the next one to join, specifically. Prejudice is ignorance.
What I'm saying is that, if the owner (or Admins and Mods) from WEBN are saying that it had gotten to a point where personal attacks and insults were just too much over there, I wouldn't want that side of WEBN to come over here. That's who we need to protect from. Not from you mate.
no probs, wenb was corrupted because adam and asim controlled it. they told nico to sort the place out originally and refused to read a excel spreadsheet he made with pes issues compiled by fans to spite wenb for daring to not praise pes.

but if mods are non bias here i cant see there being a problem

Wowzers, I've been on there for 5 years and only the past few months it has become chaotic. I did say it needed more mods, but that never came to fruition.

People being banned coming back with VPN protection? How does this or any other forum survive if there's no total control?

Ah well, it's always a minority that spoils it for the masses. Some good people on there.

Oh lawdy laawd there's so many emoticons here:FISH:WENB must've been on a tight budget.:LOL:

The only reason the atmosphere was so toxic was because of one individual. An individual who I take it has already been banned from here. While that individual had been on a hiatus a few weeks prior (self-imposed or otherwise) the atmosphere was markedly different and more to the point much better. I myself spoke to the moderator and was told that he had been warned about his behavior, but that behavior never did change, and in fact got worse. It is quite clear now that he had a protected status and knew it, and as a result did everything possible to degrade the conversation into an unmanageable cesspool with the sole purpose of giving his friends the justification to shut down the forum. This was orchestrated well in advance and there was no subtlety about it whatsoever. I'm not going to cry about free speech, it's a private platform and they are well within their rights to remove it, but there is no doubt in my mind that the real reason it was removed is that its remaining contributors had become predominated by individuals who are discontent with the state and direction of the series.

The only reason the atmosphere was so toxic was because of one individual. An individual who I take it has already been banned from here. While that individual had been on a hiatus a few weeks prior (self-imposed or otherwise) the atmosphere was markedly different and more to the point much better. I myself spoke to the moderator and was told that he had been warned about his behavior, but that behavior never did change, and in fact got worse. It is quite clear now that he had a protected status and knew it, and as a result did everything possible to degrade the conversation into an unmanageable cesspool with the sole purpose of giving his friends the justification to shut down the forum. This was orchestrated well in advance and there was no subtly about it whatsoever. I'm not going to cry about free speech, it's a private platform and they are well within their rights to remove it, but there is no doubt in my mind that the real reason it was removed is that its remaining contributors had become predominated by individuals who are discontent with the state and direction of the series.
100% spot on

you can see wenb twitter trying to pretend no one had any clue about this etc, they keep reading evo web too. I think they wanted sympathy instead of truth about their bias coming out.

I think I know who you're talking about.
He suddenly changed too much this time last year onwards.

I reckon Alan accomplished his mission there.

Still, at least he isn't about these forums.

Bringing one of the biggest PES forums to fall is a strange definition of "mission", no matter from which perspective you see it. I don´t think anyone can be happy with it as it underlines the undoubted problems between KONAMI and the community. Blocking and closing did not get them anywhere, the critic voices are just shifted but not deleted.

its just an extension of RT pes is great tweets and then saying "guys this is a personal account" anytime someone criticises(cpmstrutivly in matts case) pes.

PR guys are terrible for konami and they didnt like a well known forum having majority of disgruntled customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom