WE9 - Post your complaints and disappointments here!

I haven't read all the posts here about fatigue guys due to time constraint. But just wanted to say that hopefully you know that it's not just down to difficulty level Adonis and Inter, and I'm not here to defend the new fatigue system at all seeing as I have problems with it too. I like fatigue there and I like the fact that I have to rotate but it is now TOO INTENSE. Players can play at times even 10 times in a row in real life some many many more like Lampard but in this game almost every player can't play more than 4 matches in a row and most times it's 1 or 2.

BUT.. seeing as how we're getting different number of games our players can do even with same teams may I suggest that there is also other factors. Such as your team tactics.

If you have 2 arrows on one player one diagonally forward towards touchline and one straight forward let's say AND he's set to be HIGH on defence, you can imagine he'll be more tired with someone on "Normal" defence and no arrows.

Another thing I noticed when I play multi-player is my friend or brother has his hand NON-stop on "Sprint" button. This will make you way more tired as in real life, imagine sprinting all the time instead of jogging to get the ball or to close down someone.

I only sprint when I have to in situations like how Rooney did against Newcastle last week but most people don't think of it that way and say it's a game so let's sprint our players balls off cuz he's not a real person.. he's an object in videogame well.. he gets more tired like that I can tell you that.

Also team strategies like how deep to defend, how much to apply zone pressing (A-C) will all effect it and off-side trap for defenders will obviously mean they have to be more sharp and do more running stepping back n forth.

Again this is not a defense to Konami's crap fatigue system at all but.. it's things that I didn't see much mentioned that could also affect it.

I did a bit of a ML in WE9 and around 5 of my players had fatigue after the first game. I know the fatigue is utter shit when my keeper has it when he barely made a save.

But having a tiny bit of fatigue won't exactly cripple the player, obviously the more bar that fills up with it then you get worse. Has anyone even tried playing someone with a quarter bar of fatigue?

In PES4, the only time my finger left the R1 button was at half time :D

But yea I don't do it much really, only when I need it, but sometimes I overdo it, shit happens.

Plus the team strategies also affect it, so if you're backline is on A don't expect you're back 4 to have low fatigue every game.

yeah, i agree i used to play by sprinting all the way.. but in we9 i tried vv hard not to sprint in many occasions, only when neccessary, but still the fatigue is crap... sometimes im leading 2-0 at half time, so in the 2nd half i just pass around the ball among the defense but my midfielders and striker get tired too! at half time their fatigue was at about 4/5 but at full time it was 1/2!

other bugs that should be fixed, i hope:

when ur team is attacking, ur player passes back to the guy behinds but the pass always go behind him, thus my men have to make an e brake and go back to get the ball... this issue doesnt exist in previous versions

another one is during the opponents throw in, my players from the other side comes.. e.g they have a throw in at my left side, but my right sided players always come to the throw in area

stop this complains guys the game is wonderfull i really feel that am playing real foot ball match

Originally Posted by F-Zoid
I know, I have no posts, but been reading this forum for quite sometime. That is because I used to be a FIFA player, but switched to PES cause of the "scripted" fifa gameplay: always scoring the same way, etc. etc. And this forum can "teach" you how to play PES.

I was one of the lucky persons to be part of the PES5 Beta Trial, and it was a great trial! I've been playing WE9 since it came out, and my conclusion is: WE9 is totally different from PES5! As I can recall the ref didn't blow the whistle that quickly, so that's a big plus. Cause we only tested the online part of PES5, I can't say much about the CPU cheating. In WE9 it is indeed there, and it's a big issue! It totally ruins the fun!

Since I'm getting PES5 mainly for the online part (which by the way plays very smoothly), I don't care if the CPU cheats, cause I won't be playing the CPU that much. PES5 Beta was a great game: better passing, better crosses, better shooting (especially 1-on-1 with the goalie), if I can remember correctly even the L1 + Triangle was working! So I hope that they won't change too much in the final version of PES5, cause it was a great game, much better than PES4, WE8:LE and WE9.

Now I haven't played Fifa 2006, but I'm almost 100% sure it has the scripted things again. I've played 2005 a lot online and all the people in the top 100 used to play 4-1-2-1-2, why? because you could score about 8 goals per game that way. Everybody plays the same in the top ranking of Fifa, passes to the same player, same goals over and over again, beacause palyers are always on the same place! This gets boring very very quickly! I'm confident that that will happen again with 2006.

Conclusion: Just wait for PES5! If they keep it like the beta version the game plays perfectly! In my opinion WE9 is a bit of a crappy game (I still enjoy it, but that's because I mainly play against friends), but PES5 is gonna be the bomb!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great post, the good news for me is the L1+/], i hope its true what he is saying,
this thread is full of dissepointmets, i hope they fix them when pes comes out

kingpug said:
No, I find them impossible to score into but the keeper on my team finds it impossible to save, which is why if the CPU get a shot on target they either score from it or from the rebound.

I only see this when I use the R2 shot, but yes most of the time it looks utter fake.

unrealistic ball speed from shots happens pretty much 100% of the time when you pass it square to someone just outside of the box and strike it with a first touch...it travels towards the goal in a blur. any comments about this?

other gripes:
- none of the short passes fully stays on the ground
- player positioning in dead ball situations are still the same - utter shite
- 99.99% of the time you only have the near post guarded in corner kick situations

kingpug said:
I did a bit of a ML in WE9 and around 5 of my players had fatigue after the first game. I know the fatigue is utter shit when my keeper has it when he barely made a save.

But having a tiny bit of fatigue won't exactly cripple the player, obviously the more bar that fills up with it then you get worse. Has anyone even tried playing someone with a quarter bar of fatigue?

In PES4, the only time my finger left the R1 button was at half time :D

But yea I don't do it much really, only when I need it, but sometimes I overdo it, shit happens.

Plus the team strategies also affect it, so if you're backline is on A don't expect you're back 4 to have low fatigue every game.

I think Konami new that most peeps just kept there finger on R1 all the time in prev games and wanted to get peeps to think more and run less.I too used to keep my finger on R1 nearly all the time too and it was still very easy to control the ball but now in WE9 i can see myself that after playing it so much that i find it easier to go past players using close control rather than sprinting past them, then when past the player it's finger back on R1 to get a bit of distance..

one thing ive noticed after playing quiet a lot is that the goalies are poor on their near post. The number of times ive scored or conceded a goal because the goalie couldnt save it 'around' the post is a bit worrying.

As for the fatigue i depends on the player stats im guessing. Im playing my ML with liverpool and have sissoko as CDF and he never tires, sometimes off form, but always fit. Hopefully the plf data can fix these things with lampard, gerrard, ect ;)

Main complaint is just that the game plays poorly in ML mode. The AI just takes the piss with the horrible animations and funny ball bounces here, but tonight one I saw capped the lot. Cross comes in from the right wing, and my centre-back is well placed to head clear (about 5 feet in front of the striker). The striker makes an effort to get ahead of my central defender but is clearly still not near enough to do so, so you can imagine my surprise when the striker somehow heads into the net. On viewing the replay, my defender does the animation for a diving header clear, but he magically MOVES BACKWARDS when he does this - it's like someone has taken a hammer to his legs and his whole body moves back down the pitch as he does the animation for the diving header.

Disgraceful.

ClassicD said:
Main complaint is just that the game plays poorly in ML mode. The AI just takes the piss with the horrible animations and funny ball bounces here, but tonight one I saw capped the lot. Cross comes in from the right wing, and my centre-back is well placed to head clear (about 5 feet in front of the striker). The striker makes an effort to get ahead of my central defender but is clearly still not near enough to do so, so you can imagine my surprise when the striker somehow heads into the net. On viewing the replay, my defender does the animation for a diving header clear, but he magically MOVES BACKWARDS when he does this - it's like someone has taken a hammer to his legs and his whole body moves back down the pitch as he does the animation for the diving header.

Disgraceful.

Classic, have you written a review for this game? I'd be interested in reading it, because I've yet to play it.

i've seen one case of drop ball.. cant remember what happen... anyway its really true
about what classicD said.. in ML the COM cheats too much, some occasions, my def is clearly in front of the striker when a cross comes in, but he just ignores the ball(i was pressing sqaure) and watches the striker head the ball in and den does a crazy animation.... shame on u konami

BK_83 said:
tiktiktik, do you have like 2 matches every week?

about 1 hour a day which come to 3 games a day(6*). But i already posted a number of complaints earlier in the thread but that was what i noticed lately. And cheap penalties, player gets slightly knocked of the ball, or not even and i get a penalty, or they do a correct tackle and i still get a penalty

tiktiktiktik said:
about 1 hour a day which come to 3 games a day(6*). But i already posted a number of complaints earlier in the thread but that was what i noticed lately. And cheap penalties, player gets slightly knocked of the ball, or not even and i get a penalty, or they do a correct tackle and i still get a penalty
i once tackled the guy just outside the box and the ref gave them a penalty. in the replays u can clearly see that he was outside...

Triple tap crosses NEVER work. Defenders almost automatically get in front of the strikers.

And how come you can never get the shot on target when its a open goal and the ball rolls to you?

ClassicD said:

Disgraceful.

That is pretty much my main complaint at the moment aswell, I hate how Konami makes ML feel awkward, it starts off playing like how it plays in every other mode, but half way through the game just feels off and gets quite frustrating. Winning isn't the problem as I can still do that, but it doesn't feel good scoring like it does in other modes.

Sometimes I wonder if I am playing the same game as you guys. I feel the gamespeed is actually a bit faster. Plus I think the shooting animations are disgraceful. True they have some variation in them, however I'd rather have less but quality animations than a bunch of shitty half-hearted ones. Jesus, I hate it when the player pulls off the side-foot shot (almost like a ball-lofting motion, NOT the normal slotting one)80% of the time regardless of the situation. He even does it when I have my powerbar at 90% and holding onto R1 30 yards out.

Oh and how about the one where ballack does a half-hearted shot (the one where the whole upper body and arms remain stiff and static with only the foot giving the ball an ever-so-slightly putt) 28 yards out and the shot thunderbolts into the net even with the keeper getting a hand to it.

Furthermore, the players in general seems to "slide" all over the pitch.
Iam starting to worry about the series, its been a while since I had a genuinely satisfying gameplay experience.

As i've said before, It's absolute dogshit.But It got deleted and I got banned for saying it.

Sad.

tiktiktiktik said:

means 15mins per half right... just to let u know, if the duration of the match is longer, the less fatigue decreases

muffinmak said:
Sometimes I wonder if I am playing the same game as you guys. I feel the gamespeed is actually a bit faster. Plus I think the shooting animations are disgraceful. True they have some variation in them, however I'd rather have less but quality animations than a bunch of shitty half-hearted ones. Jesus, I hate it when the player pulls off the side-foot shot (almost like a ball-lofting motion, NOT the normal slotting one)80% of the time regardless of the situation. He even does it when I have my powerbar at 90% and holding onto R1 30 yards out.

Oh and how about the one where ballack does a half-hearted shot (the one where the whole upper body and arms remain stiff and static with only the foot giving the ball an ever-so-slightly putt) 28 yards out and the shot thunderbolts into the net even with the keeper getting a hand to it.

Furthermore, the players in general seems to "slide" all over the pitch.
Iam starting to worry about the series, its been a while since I had a genuinely satisfying gameplay experience.

i tink you are playing a different game from us

BK_83 said:
EA paid for the license, they deserve it. On the contary, konami is too stingy to pay for it

They bought them because they knew they would sell a lot of games. It's always easier to buy a license than trying to make a realistic football game.

They certainly deserve the licenses, not exclusive rights.

P.S. : Perhaps konami are stingy but they always try to do better and better in we series (and in all their games); not sure for all EA games and especially FIFA series. Certainly the latest FIFA will always look nicer but about gameplay and simulation nothing really impressive ; you don't feel like u control your player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom