WE9 - Post your complaints and disappointments here!

BK_83 said:
if u notice, there isnt much change in we series since 7... 7,8,9 are all about the same

Then go play FIFA !

I do not agree with you ; whatever I can say you won't agree either.

My first post was a kind of joke but you decided to defend EA ; perhaps you work for them ?

well i tink konami is pissing me off with every new series they make... i cant stand it... its always the same! every series, they improve certain aspects of the game but
then slaps themselves in the face when they tweak the 'already good' parts of the game... things that are perfect in previous series are now fucked up, its always the same, something good happens and something bads happens too

benjo said:
Then go play FIFA !

I do not agree with you ; whatever I can say you won't agree either.

My first post was a kind of joke but you decided to defend EA ; perhaps you work for them ?

You defend Konami, perhaps you work for them?

Ok then, since you seem to disgaree with him, give me EVERY new addition from PES4.

He is right in a way, I mean 6 new licenses, what is this shit?. Ah fuck it, can't be arsed arguing, seeing as you must work for Konami.

Since this is the complain thread, I would like to vent about one thing:

With all the fouls commited and time consumed in changing players/injury, the game stops SOOOO much. Ahh,look what happens when you decide to change a player, the screen turns black maybe for more than 5 seconds. By the time it loads this stupid animation of the injured player/substitution, I almost forget where I was. It completey destoys the tempo of the game, as you keep on hitting the "start button" to cancel the loading of all this stupid animation of injuries, substitution and so forth...

I feel better now :)

It's not as bad when you have the game running off the HD but having played it on my mate's PS2 without that, yes I agree that it does irritate even more. I hate how you have to watch the start of the 'cut-scene' when the referee is telling a player off/showing a card, you can't cancel it immediately you have to watch the first few seconds every time.

Not that these things are catastrophic, but a simple 'Cut-Scene Off/On' option isn't too hard to implement surely?

Been playing a first season in ML, and noticed that the advantage system when
my players get fouled is almost non-existant.
Play is stopped almost always.
The CPU seems to have more advantages called.

Yep, you rarely get advantage, yet the CPU get it almost every tackle, and when you do get advantage, it ain't even advantage because you ain't got the ball. But this is because we suck etc, so get better and all the bad things about the game dissapear.

kingpug... are you referring to ML games?

On friendlies, I honestly don't have this advantage problem. I also get about 50% of deflections...

(PS... I am not defending Konami for the sake of it... I just do not seem to be having these nagging problems with the gameplay...)

Play is not stopped always, either, and the number of fouls is limited to about 5 per game... it's just that i have learnt when to tackle... never hold down X for more than a fraction of a second when tackling.

wilier said:
kingpug... are you referring to ML games?

On friendlies, I honestly don't have this advantage problem. I also get about 50% of deflections...

(PS... I am not defending Konami for the sake of it... I just do not seem to be having these nagging problems with the gameplay...)

Play is not stopped always, either, and the number of fouls is limited to about 5 per game... it's just that i have learnt when to tackle... never hold down X for more than a fraction of a second when tackling.

Yeah, agree with you wilier. Been playing close to a month now and fouls are really dropping. Commit quite a few, and even then I think if 20 or so stoppages occur in a 10-15 minute match is quite reflective of real life match don't you think? (relatively)

Cheers

I'm now getting more advantage calls instead of stopped-play.
It all started with my Div 1 cup 1st round 2nd leg game.
Since then the referee is giving better advantages.

Last edited:
j4y3m said:
Say in a more suitable way, people don't like hearing thier favourite game is going downhill.

Suitable? behave! If It's shit, I'll say so. And it is! simple as that! ;)

the worst thing of the game have to be, the passes that are not well directed to the point u want them to go!!!
u press X to the left and the ball goes to right or front, etc...

Can injuries happen to players when they arent touched like promised?
Cos if not ill be dissapointed :)

The worst thing about the game:

Most of my goals come from where the AI defense is so deep when they pass it around my striker is waiting to tap the ball into the net.

Ridiculous.

robbo101 said:
Can injuries happen to players when they arent touched like promised?
Cos if not ill be dissapointed :)

yes... if they were tackled earlier, there is a chance that the player just strains a muscle, later... just by running!!!

I agree, only utter retards say shit like that, if we wanted to play fifa we would be playing it, so people need to stop saying that same shit over and over.

kingpug said:
I agree, only utter retards say shit like that, if we wanted to play fifa we would be playing it, so people need to stop saying that same shit over and over.

Yup, utter retards, thats what they really are

The funny thing is that people say it at the wrong time.

In the old days, people would say "go play FIFA!" when someone complained that the kits were wrong, or the commentary was shit, or the music was lousy, something cosmetic that FIFA does better. It was still a lame thing to say - why shouldn't WE/PES have good music etc? - but it was making a point, which is that gameplay is the important thing, and if graphics mean more to you than gameplay you should maybe play FIFA instead.

Nowadays, someone says "it's terrible, I noticed something wrong in the ball physics" or "this sucks, it's too easy/hard to dribble past three defenders", all the kids start shouting "go play FIFA!" Yeah, because FIFA's gonna offer more to someone frustrated with the intricacies of WE9 gameplay?

Idiots. It's gone from being a way of saying "FIFA and WE/PES have different strengths and weaknesses, you have to make a choice and accept it", to just being a way to say "everything Konami does is great, I don't care if they take the piss with bugs, encryption or not properly coding the new additions to the game, I don't care if they fuck up Master League with stupid amounts of fatigue, I don't care if the first summer release version of each game is really just a beta for the final version the following spring -- give them all your money and never question anything."

Makes you sound like a bunch of George W Bush supporters. "So what if he's a dangerous lunatic gradually destroying the world and slaughtering half the Middle East? If you don't like it, go and live in China!"

ClassicD said:
Not that these things are catastrophic, but a simple 'Cut-Scene Off/On' option isn't too hard to implement surely?
Yup agree Classic.

I like watching WE9 cut-scenes but overall this option SHOULD be there. I remember in WE8LE, one time after inserting my large para file in there for some reason evertime i made substitutions or CPU did and that stupid cut-scene would sohw, it'd take 15 t0 25 sec for that cut-scene to just SHOW! ](*,)

I wanted nothing more than an option to be able to turn it off since it fucked every game up with those long pauses for cut-scenes but didn't have such thing and the game still doesn't.

I agree, one game I waited for a few minutes because the CPU made 3 subs, then 2 seconds later made another 3, then when it made all them it then made the last sub, terrible AI really, 7 subs in the space of a few minutes. Everytime the ball went out of play it subbed, never using 7 subs again anyway.

Exactly. I vented about that before, and I still find it extremely annoying. First the player gets injured, a cut scene appears. Then the same player is substitued and another cut-scene appears. With every team makning 3 substitutions, Imagine you can get up to 12 Cut-scenes each would last maybe for 5 seconds. And when you try to press start button relentlessly to avoid it, this black screen appears at least for 4/5 seconds. If you added this time to the time the play stops due to numerous trivial fouls, it completely destroys the tempo of the play.

I noticed the injury gets worse when I play against a human opponent. I am thinking now to enable the no-injury option at least in friendly matches, to minimize time waste in these cut-scenes.

Guy, the biggest dissapointment is the referee giving free kicks for almost anything. It's so fucking annoying. You guys have probably discussed this before, but reading through 700+ posts is a bit too much for a hard working man like me.
Also, throw ins are not great, they have never been. There should be much more freedom in this option. Throw the ball where ever you want I say!

Pere Ubu said:
The funny thing is that people say it at the wrong time.

In the old days, people would say "go play FIFA!" when someone complained that the kits were wrong, or the commentary was shit, or the music was lousy, something cosmetic that FIFA does better. It was still a lame thing to say - why shouldn't WE/PES have good music etc? - but it was making a point, which is that gameplay is the important thing, and if graphics mean more to you than gameplay you should maybe play FIFA instead.

Nowadays, someone says "it's terrible, I noticed something wrong in the ball physics" or "this sucks, it's too easy/hard to dribble past three defenders", all the kids start shouting "go play FIFA!" Yeah, because FIFA's gonna offer more to someone frustrated with the intricacies of WE9 gameplay?

Idiots. It's gone from being a way of saying "FIFA and WE/PES have different strengths and weaknesses, you have to make a choice and accept it", to just being a way to say "everything Konami does is great, I don't care if they take the piss with bugs, encryption or not properly coding the new additions to the game, I don't care if they fuck up Master League with stupid amounts of fatigue, I don't care if the first summer release version of each game is really just a beta for the final version the following spring -- give them all your money and never question anything."

Makes you sound like a bunch of George W Bush supporters. "So what if he's a dangerous lunatic gradually destroying the world and slaughtering half the Middle East? If you don't like it, go and live in China!"

Yeah I agree. Only stupid little kiddies who don't know what they're talking about come out with the whole go play Fifa crap. They refuse to accept that there are somethings in the WE gameplay which are just plain flawed.

Oh, and by the way. Go play Fifa. ;)

joostebrood, yep sadly this happens way too much, sometime the referee gives a FK to the CPU even when they have the ball. FKs are totally ruined, walking into them is now considered a bad challenge, and the stop start gameplay makes it boring as hell.

Only way I can enjoy this game A BIT is by having all my players on red form while the CPU has random, anything below red form is depressing at best.

Regarding FKs, I think I notice myself committing more fouls only when I'm harrying
their players trying to press them. If I play a controlled game where I try
to anticipate their moves and passes, then I commit less fouls.
So I think it's more a question of having a very high patience like IRL.
I know the tendency to press players and use X is very tempting, but we can't
and this is just another part of the steep but satisfying learning curve of WE9.

I also don't like the in-game loading times of WE9. The substitutions, injuries,
etc do disrupt your focus, but think of it...IRL that's exactly what they do.
In real football, you often see opposing teams using substitutions/injuries
as time-wasting tactics and also disruptive tactics....
I know it's just a game.... :)

Just played another game, hit the post, hit the bar with a FK, made the keeper palm it just under the bar with another FK, had 2 headers cleared off the line and the keeper made about 4 saves that would make him player of the year. 0-0, no surprise.

I have a new complaint, am I the only one that thinks the ball physics are 150% fucked up? The amount of times the ball swerves to stay in touch for the CPU is fucking atrocious really, when the ball bounces off your player it only goes to the same location everytime, the CPU.

Ah well, I hope they make better physics for PES5, and take off the player collisions, it was better when we walked through them, only use for it now is increasing the fouls by 80%.

Did I mention the throw-ins, were instead of making a run, the guy throwing it in does it then fucks off like a right twat, leaving me on my own against 2 players that instead of being 10 yards behind the ball are more like 2. Yet when the CPU have a throw-in I can't even control my own players because the CPU has them running around like a headless chicken.

And fix the corners, it is hard enough winning a header with 7 in the box like PES4, now it is even harder aiming for 3 of my players while the CPU has 11 in the box.

Anyone else find it annoying when you walk up the wing waiting for the CPU to come towards you, then when you turn the player does some retarded turn that knocks it miles away instead of just a normal turn?

Or when you pass him the ball and press X straight away for a quick pass, yet he decides to turn around and pass it nowhere near where you wanted it.

Half the time I wonder why I have a controller in my hand, because the CPU decides what happens, not me, like if you press slide to intercept a pass, instead of doing a slide the player does fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom