WE9 - Master League Thread

Finished my first season, slightly disappointing as I finished in 3rd spot one point behind Schalke 04, and lost the DFB Pokal final 1-0 AET to Wolfsburg. The cup final match, I missed so many good chances early on and I was becoming aware of them getting on top of me the longer the game went on. I said to myself "I'll not be too bothered losing if it's a decent goal, but if it's some buggy piece of shit effort I will be irate". Cue them getting a corner after Worns did some iffy dance then passed the ball out for no reason. The corner comes in near post, keeper comes out and unfathomably, given that they always catch these, palms it onto Metzelder's head and it bounces into the net. :roll: While I was not a happy chappy, I did then take in the whole picture which was that I had plenty of chances anyway so it's my own fault. I guess I'm also looking forward to the UEFA Cup in a way as I've never done that in the ML in past versions, only the CL.

Looks like both Dede and Rosicky will miss the start of the new season as both picked up serious injuries at the very end of the first year. Unbelievably, another thing that's never happened to me before, was that Rosicky got Player of The Year (av rating), cool!

Tried to nab Marcelinho from Hertha but no joy there. Bids for Balde (Celtic), Tevez (free) and a left-back I think called Lopez from Atletico Madrid are in the pipeline just now.

Gambino is in shit with the fans tho, he missed 3/4 GREAT chances in the cup final I mentioned earlier before he did the same in a 2-1 defeat away to Bayern just a week later, the result which eventually put me in 3rd spot rather than 2nd. Be interesting to see if he can recover.

(I know the last paragraph is just shit in my mind but it makes it more fun :mrgreen: ).

LOL at your last sentence. I always do that with my team, fantasies about my players status, mood and the pressure they get from the press :)

When I have a home match, I use the home theatre and very loud speakers on. I feel that the crowd will affect the opponet players and IT WORKS :)

In Away matches especially the most important ones, I turned off speakers, and low down the voice to minimum. I feel like I don't want my players to get affected with it.

I think about my coming matches, formations, starting line up, trainning sessions when I am driving, working and before I sleep.

Ahhhh it sounds crazy. Guess that should be addressed in a seperate thread :)

You certainly are flipping, CD. :lol:

BK - I have recently bought a young French DM called Franklin. He's very very tall and has decent pace. I'm not sure about learning curves and the like, but I'm kinda comparing him to a younger Viera. Viafara of Columbia is another decent player, quite quick and big.

FD

ClassicD said:
Finished my first season in 3rd spot . I guess I'm also looking forward to the UEFA Cup in a way as I've never done that in the ML in past versions, only the CL.

Classic, sorry for editing the quote. But does that mean what i think it means...that only the first and the second play in the ML Champions League and not uptil 6th place like in PES4 ???
That would be a giant leap forward...

Are you sure Gerd? I thought there was a UEFA type competition in PES4. I still think it's called something like WEFA championships or something which is quite similar to the CL. Not sure how the set-up is either. But can you remember actually where the teams competing in the CL groups finished? You might just be thinking that it's the CL when in fact it's the UEFA type.

I could be wrong.

FD

Hmmm maybe I'm getting mixed up. Previously I always finished in the top 2 and went straight into the CL groups. Positions 3-6 either go into their own seperate cup (UEFA-style) or they have to play qualifying rounds to see if they can make the Champions League Groups (the one positions 1 and 2 automatically qualify for).

Not sure now. :-k

Started a Master League with FC Porto in 6 stars difficulty level, my players are:

GK:
Helton
Paulo Ribeiro
Vítor Baía

DF:

Jorge Costa
Ricardo Costa
Pedro Emanuel
Leandro
Bruno Alves
Pepe
Sonkaya
Marek Cech

MF:

Anderson
Ibson
Lucho González
Bosingwa
Raúl Meireles
Paulo Assunção
Diego

FW:
Ricardo Quaresma
McCarthy
Hélder Postiga
Lisandro López
Jorginho
Sokota
César Peixoto
Ivanildo
Alan
Bruno Moraes
Hugo Almeida

Made a Master League with the Premier League, Serie A , La Liga, and a Misc League where Porto is inserted wich has teams from all over the world.

Misc League Div 2: FC Porto, Sporting CP, São Paulo, SL Benfica, Feyenoord, Sparta Prague, Heracles Almelo and FC Kaiserlautern.

First Game : FCP 2 - 0 SCP

Porto was having dificulties scoring till Bruno Moraes entered to the place of Jorginho, and soon gave more speed to the attack, doing the assist for the first goal scored by Benni McCarthy and scoring the second goal himself. This could be the start of something for the young brazilian player, showing very good skills in his first game for Porto this season. The so called "New Ronaldinho", 17 yr old Anderson made a good first half , and missed a goal by very little, but he had to gone out in the second half due to fatigue problems. Good indications by this player too.

Next game São Paulo.

ClassicD said:
Hmmm maybe I'm getting mixed up. Previously I always finished in the top 2 and went straight into the CL groups. Positions 3-6 either go into their own seperate cup (UEFA-style) or they have to play qualifying rounds to see if they can make the Champions League Groups (the one positions 1 and 2 automatically qualify for).

Not sure now. :-k

They had to play qualifying rounds for the "CL". You come in a group of four and the first two of that group play the "CL", number 3 and 4 end up in the "UEFA-Cup". That's how it was in PES4.

I think then its the same here, coz i finsihed 5th in my second season and went into a group phase of the WeFA league, got first place then the second phase was ALSO a group phase , maybe the first phase was the qualifying phase ?

It's actually the FC Porto team, there are lots of players, i think by Christmas some of them will be dispensed.

Continuing with the Master League:

São Paulo 0 - 0 Porto
SL Benfica 0 - 0 Porto
Porto 1 - 0 Feyenoord

No away games won till now, the team hasn't shown the same strenght in this last 3 matches that had shown in the first, there isn't a main team yet, still testing some of the players. The best player till now is without a doubt McCarthy, he is the most influencive player in the attack, works a lot, and scored 2 goals till now. The last one he scored against Feyenoord was an amazing goal from outside the area.

Div 2 Cup

1st Round : Porto 2 - 1 Feyenoord

Amazing game by Ivanildo, the kid was unstopable scored the two goals of Porto and was the most active player on the field. Pity the goal suffered by a disatention of the defense. Let's see who goes ahead to the 2nd fase in the next match.

Last edited:
Who's the best youngster in your team ?
Who improves better Lucho or Diego ? or in other owrds who plays better ! :P

How do I edit my strip in Master League? I already edited my team's flag and emblem, but the game won't allow me to edit my strip/uniform, as that option is grayed out. I don't wanna play using PES United's dumb white shirt/blue shorts! I wanna make my own!

I'm playing at the end of the 3rd season (6 stars)..
100% win record in League.. got the Cup and WEFA title also.

This is my version of the best player in ML (I don't play high profile young players such as rooney, ronaldo, etc)

GK: well, GKs don't hold and Important role for me.. as long as they're not inferrior.. I'm using Issakson, Terol (or Tarrol, I forgot), and Carsson.

CB: Perrea. Defense: 88, Body balance: 92, speed: 95! almoust impossible to outrun!
SB: Abdessadski. Offense: 89, Defense: 70, dribbling acc/speed: 90/95 also great playing as a winger
Midfield: Yeste. Midfield wizard, has a technic of 95, an more than half a dozen stats are above 90.

And Last but not least, The best Forward and also The Best overall player in ML is
ANDREA CARACCIOLO!!
gets 30 goals a season (in league alone)
Bigger than Jaap Stam, Faster than Shevchenko, Shoots better than Ronaldo, better header than Morientes.. He's a freakin MONSTER!!

Done more three games, it's difficult to chose the best youngster by now, but Diego has been having very good perfomances, he doesn't score, but he does lots of passes and it's being the most influencive player on the midfield, in two of these three last games he has been considered best player, Lucho is playing well too, he is a very dynamic player, he is almost everywhere, defense , midfield, attack, he has lots of stamina and a good passing too. But he is older than Diego , he's 24 and Diego has only 20 years old. The team is full of youngsters and many of them are showing good skills, the 19 year old Ivanildo has already scored three goals for the club, and Anderson who's only 17 years old, shows very good skills in passing, and in the last game he scored a good goal, he received a pass and with very little angle scored. Quaresma has suberb dribling skills, and is only 21. Lisandro he's an usual player at the front, he shows nice skills too, especially on shoting and dribling. In the back, Marek Cech is showing good skills on the left side.

Managed to win the 3 games.

Div 1

FCP 2 - 0 Sparta Prague (goals by Peixoto and Ivanildo)
Heracles Almelo 0 - 1 FCP (goal by Lisandro)

Div 1 cup

Feyenoord 1 - 4 FCP (Porto goals by Jorginho,McCarthy (twice) and Jorginho.)

Best game i've done so far, started bad for Porto, at two minutes we were losing by one goal, Feyenoord scored very early by Leonardo, but in the 3rd minute we managed to tie the game with a magnificent header by Jorginho wich cross was made by McCarthy, at the 5th minute, McCarthy scored by an 2 touch free kick at the entrance of the area, 11 minutes later, McCarthy assists Anderson who scores a good goal with a short angle, and at 33rd minute Anderson assists McCarthy for the 4th an last goal of the team. From there Porto started to manage the result, but could have scored one or two more goals, very nice game this one.
McCarthy had an magnificent performance and so had Anderson.

After this game i decided that the main squad will be:

GK:
Baia

DF:
Pedro Emanuel (CB)
Ricardo Costa (CB)
Sonkaya (RB)
M. Cech (LB)

MF:
Lucho (DMF)
Diego (OMF)
Anderson (OMF)

FW:
Lisandro (ST)
Jorginho (RWG)
McCarthy (CF)

Last edited:
wer said:
I'm playing at the end of the 3rd season (6 stars)..
100% win record in League.. got the Cup and WEFA title also.

This is my version of the best player in ML (I don't play high profile young players such as rooney, ronaldo, etc)

GK: well, GKs don't hold and Important role for me.. as long as they're not inferrior.. I'm using Issakson, Terol (or Tarrol, I forgot), and Carsson.

CB: Perrea. Defense: 88, Body balance: 92, speed: 95! almoust impossible to outrun!
SB: Abdessadski. Offense: 89, Defense: 70, dribbling acc/speed: 90/95 also great playing as a winger
Midfield: Yeste. Midfield wizard, has a technic of 95, an more than half a dozen stats are above 90.

And Last but not least, The best Forward and also The Best overall player in ML is
ANDREA CARACCIOLO!!
gets 30 goals a season (in league alone)
Bigger than Jaap Stam, Faster than Shevchenko, Shoots better than Ronaldo, better header than Morientes.. He's a freakin MONSTER!!

Cant agree more :applause:
Caracciolo IS a beast
Another midfield wizards are Kallstrom and Nasri

Last edited:
Caraccioli, never heard of him, what age and what team is he at, is his stats good to begin with?

Anyone bought Lewis yet, the 16 (maybe17 now) year old GK that is around the same hieght as Cech. I had him in PES4 and the guy was insane, by the time he was 19 he had over 90 on the 4 important GK stats, he saved almost everything, bloody amazing keeper.

I think he begins at Norwich, some English club anyway.

I had Lewis in PES4 too, he was amazing indeed, in a few games he became my first keeper, my other keeper was Cech.

Continuing with the Master League, i'm now in the 2nd round, placed 2nd just a point behind Benfica, my next game is against them, at home, it's a very important match for my team, could be a championship decider.

The results in my last games were

Div 2

FC Kaiserlauten 1 - 0 FCP
Sporting CP 1 - 4 FCP
FCP 3 - 1 São Paulo

Div 2 Cup
1st game: FCP 5 - 1 Sporting CP

I'm with one feet into the finals with this result against SCP, Diego was amazing in this game scoring two goals, and showing no difficulties in the midfield, even with the absence of Lucho and Anderson, that were left out by option. In the championship Anderson and McCarthy are being the most influencive players on the team, Anderson scored twice against SCP for the championship and it looks like it's a player with a great future, just needs to gain more Stamina because he can't handle a full game yet. McCarthy scored 4 goals in this 3 games, one against SCP, twice against São Paulo and another against SCP for the cup, and it's without a doubt the best forward of this team. Ivanildo that rarely is an option for the starting eleven, is showing good skill too, when he enters the game usually in the 2nd half, giving more speed to the team. He managed to score a goal against São Paulo.

right im in desperate need of some good quality cheap players for my Bolton side,

im now at the mid way transfer point on my first season,

bolton only seem to haven ONE goal keeper :| , and many of my players are dying of exuastion because there so old,

so im in need of a few players to bump my squad

any suggestions?

Caracciolo IS HE GOOD???

WHERE DOES HE PLAY?

branyik:
IRAN HAVE GOOD PLAYER LIKE KRAIMI

He plays in an italian club....can't remember its name...it starts with B. You should find in the Italian league. His original status is very average. However, when you buy him in a master league, He is beyond a perfect player. His stats grow like crazy. I have him now in season 2, and he is far better than Ronaldo, Henry, even Pele and Maradona in some Stats. Very tall, Strong and Fast.

Check him out.

Inter_211:
Yup.. Kallstrom's also a brilliant midfielder..

Kingpug:
He's quite a decent player to begin with.. I think he's 22 or 23 at this moment.. He plays in Brescia if I'm not mistaken. Or just easily use the advanced search. just type: car.

StewieGriffin:
Lewis is Still a good keeper. I'm on the beginning of my fourth year and he's sorted by the computer as a player with good potential ability, yet still very young.

.dark man.:
Caracciolo IS HE GOOD???
I think he's more like GOOD but with a single O.
In my ML now his Crutial Stats (Offense, Speed, Response, Dribble Spd/Acc, Shoot Pwr/Acc/Tech, Header, Jump, or whatever a striker needs) are above 90. especially Offense and Body Balance are both 95. When he runs, everybody's trying to take him down like in the King-Kong Movie, but they always end up face to the ground. LOL
In my ML he's now 26, but his growth curve is still indicating that he's Improving..

My team are going great guns, top of the league by 5 points, although only played around 9 games. 8 wins, 1 draw. Recently beat the Div 2 champs Utrecht 9-0 and then followed that up with a 4-0 win over Besiktas. Team is in great form at the moment.

Unfortunately picked up a few injuries, including my main dude Blanco who had scored 4 in the Utrecht game (3 pks), however Besiktas had him in their sights and after 2 nasty challenges he's been out for around 4 or 5 games.

Just beat Galatasary 2-1 away in the cup and now face them in the league.

FD

My team gets cougut in offside position 5 to 8 times a match and i need help to get away from it. this is my formaition

Carini

Ayala Marchena

Caniera Rugeiro

Baraja

Angulo Vicente

Aimar

Angel Forlan

Some Subs: Villar,Anelkad.navvaro,Mista.Perez,

Picked up another few wins, and now 6 points clear at the top from PSV. Although in between received my 1st defeat of the season from Anderlecht in a 2-1 loss, although picked up a tidy 7-2 win over AZ Alkmaar after being 2-0 down. However, picking up a stack of injuries, once again Blanco is injured, Mboma too, Izmailov has picked up a couple of knocks and now Viafara is injured, who has came in and did a good job in DM.

In the 2nd leg of the cup vs Galatasary (2-1 win 1st leg away), I found myself 2-1 down and the game was ready to go into extra-time, however a break of the ball just outside the box and Viafara my DM, whacked a shot into the corner of the net to put us through to the next round. :)

Transfer window is opening up, but really not too interested in players at the moment.

FD

Back
Top Bottom