WE9 - Master League Thread

If u have a gk problam u better bye Ali Al-Habsi but unfortunely u have to bye him from we shop and hes called An Hapsi. (hes my countries gk :p)

Valenciafan said:
If u have a gk problam u better bye Ali Al-Habsi but unfortunely u have to bye him from we shop and hes called An Hapsi. (hes my countries gk :p)

Isn't he that new Bolton player...think his going to start playing for them in January.

This is for the Liverpool fans out there....

Started my first ML on WE9 with Liverpool in an English Div 1 with Div 2 being
the rest of the British teams plus two Belgian clubs.
Started off with the default "Rafa Benitez's favorite 4-5-1" formation
with Morientes leading the line and Cisse on the right wing.
Needless to say I ditched this after 3 matches and came back with
a 4-4-2 with this formation:
-----------Reina------------
-Finnan--Carra-Hyypia--Riise/Warnock-
-----------Sissoko/Hamann----------
-Garcia/Gerrard----Gerrard/Alonso----Kewell/Zenden-
--------Crouch/Moro-----------
---------------Cisse---------

I'm struggling at midway through the season, just 1 win out of 7,
but that one win was an immensely satisfying 3:1 win at Chelsea
of all places. Crouch was on fire that night hitting two superb
goals, one of which was from a lofted through ball from Sissoko.
Moro got the other goal with a superbly placed header after
Garcia crossed from a counter.
Sissoko is an absolute revelation, he runs all over the place,
tackles and is superb as a defensive holding midfielder.
I did edit his stats for tackling and stamina to reflect his real life.
Gerrard has been a bit low key for me, but that's probably due to his
stop start injuries. He got 3 minor knocks which put him out for 1 week
each. That really did not help at all. Alonso has played well.
Zenden does well too, with Kewell looking very inconsistent.
The right-wing is a position i need to strengthen soon, if we are
to improve.

The biggest problem I have now is converting those 0:0 draws
into wins. I've had 3 of them so far. I've dominated all but
2 of the 7 games. Those two I lost to Man Utd 3:1 at home,
and to Everton 1:0 in the last minute (Dunc!!!) in a fantastic
derby game.

Hopefully my strikers will start putting in those chances
as I aim for a European spot. Even in this early stage of
the season it looks like the CL is out of question with
the top 4 having a mini league of their own with 5+ wins out
of 7 games.

mathewsss said:
The biggest problem I have now is converting those 0:0 draws into wins.
Yup, that's what I have found too.

Currently doing not bad, just after the winter transfer window in my 2nd season and sitting second in the league 3 points behind, once again, Bayern Munchen. I've been playing WE9 since release and struggling to get to grips with attacking really, but my last two games have been against PSV (cup and league) and they were 6-1 and 7-1! :shock:

I have a very solid team now, although the two Argies I brought in during the window there now mean I have 3 in total, so when there are international matches I'm really in the shit given all 3 are first-team players for my side. They're usually away for 2 games, then need to be rested for another 2 to get their fitness sorted, so it's a complete mess when Argentina play!

Anyway, current squad below, need to trim it by 3 or 4 I think:

GK

Gentenaar
Weidenfeller

DF

Metzelder CB
Worns CB
Balde CB
Dede LB
Tchato LB
Volz RB
Gerla RB (not sure bout name, he's Argentinian)
Degen RB

MF

Kehl DMF
Kringe DMF
Mascherano DMF
Murphy CMF
Ricken OMF
Rosicky OMF
Ivanschitz OMF

FW

Odonkor WG
Buckley WG
van der Gun WG
Smolarek ST
Akgun CF
Gambino CF
Tevez CF
Caracciolo CF

Tevez and Caracciolo are a great front pairing, interestingly working a lot better in a front 3 when Tevez is deployed as the central striker and Caracciolo pushed out wide, but that might just be my style of play. I really love how my two attacking mids get good ratings, never happened in previous versions!

Hello,

As I asked before,Is anyone able to sign Cassano?

I am 11 at the WEFA Ranking and I bought Adriano,Ronaldinho,Puyol,Henry,Nesta,Gerrard and A lot of stars but I just can't buy Cassano.

I offer to Roma 25000 and to Cassano 2000 and the replay always no.

What is wrong with him?

Help please...

mathewsss said:
The biggest problem I have now is converting those 0:0 draws
I'm the opposite. I was playing as Barca in ML a few weeks back and unbelieveable how 8 out of my 11 wins were 1-0 wins and usuaully undeserved ones that come with a goal in injury time by Maxi Lopez or 88th minute FK by Ronaldinho or penalties.

Because of these goals, I was a serious title challenger in my first ML in WE9 which I didn't expect as I found the game kinda hard but well i guess I was jus lucky to main 1 point to 3 in so many matches that season.

I just pass the transfer break halfway through my third season. Am in the quarter finals of the WEFA champions league ( or cup not sure) and the Division 1 cup.
Until now my best player is Caracciolo, does everything, assists n whole loadz of goals. In midfield Nasri got injured so Montolivo had to fill in and did a really great job, in 4 matches he scored 4 goals and 6 assists! he really improves alot.
Got this German Regen named "Kaiser" his free-kcik style is Beckham's, he curled one for me on his debut :D. My strike force - Quincy - Caracciolo - R. Babel

Yeah, someone here asked (cant remember who) if any player other than the star players that can do the Elastico and is quite cheap and really good .
Here's a recomondation - Christian Wilhelemsson -swedish player (not sure of spelling) can do the Elastico and is really really great on the wing.

I've won 3 out of 3 games in the Div 1 cup so far, which seems a bit easier
than the league games for some reason.
I'm still struggling in the league with my Liverpool team on 3 stars.
2 wins so far halfway through the season, but 8 pts adrift of European spots.
I've read from a few people that 6 stars is "easier"....strange.

inter_211 said:
Here's a recomondation - Christian Wilhelemsson -swedish player (not sure of spelling) can do the Elastico and is really really great on the wing.
Yeah Mate it's Wilhelmsson and he's very good in real life as well. Is already one of Sweden's most important players in my opinion and will only grow in importance in future and become integral part like Ljungberg has.

He's got great technique/dribbling and speed so was really made for playing as a winger. Haven't seen how he is in game though but hopefully from your recommendation, I gather the research for this player has been done almost correctly at least ;).

The diary of Inter Milan's struggle to win both the league and the champions league

THE DIARY OF INTER MILANS STRUGGEL TO WIN BOTH THE LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BUNCH OF UNMOTIVATED INTER PLAYERS WELCOMED THE NEW COACH!

As a new coach i knew i had to finish at least as the runner up in Serie A, but i would have to work really hard with the players wich at first seemed to be very unmotivated.

I managed to buy Chivu, Kaka, Aimar and C. Ronaldo! It seemed like my problems were solved but how wrong i was. This would in fact be much harder since the players didn't know how to play togheter as teammates.

The opening match: AC Milan vs Inter Milan

The match started and i didn't seem to have any control of the game what so ever. Shevchenko made it 1 - 0 for the homeside Milan but in the second half Kaka took the ball an ran past three defenders and was brutaly fouled, and Adriano stepped up. The strong striker sent the ball right up in the left corner of the goal and the fans went crazy!! Later on Cambiasso came in and had a decent chance to make it 1 - 2 for the nerazzuri but failed when the ball hit the woodwork!!
More onfo on the development of Serie A and the next fixture will be available soon!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Liverpool, ML Div 1, 1st season, (on-going)
-------------------------------------------
I had a bizarre winter transfer window. I got two offers thinking they were
cash offers and accepted it, but later on realized they were swap deals.
I've ended up selling Hamann and Potter to get Stam and Zewlakow.
Before that I bought Simao, Lucho Gonzalez for my right-wing, only
to realize I was in debt....then i had to sell Luis Garcia to Valencia.
I also got Cavenaghi and Gabi Milito.
But then I did not see an offer for Kirkland
and did not sell him by mistake. I don't like the new interface for transfers.
It's hard to see what's going on.
So now I'm on 7000 dollars and need to make 17000 to prevent game-over.
(The last time I played ML was in WE8, and the menus have changed a bit)

7 games past the winter break, my form has improved a lot. I've won 4 league
games, whereas in the first half I had won 2 out of 15.
Cavenaghi scored the winner on his debut against Newcastle to get our first
home win of the league. He scored 3 more in his next 4 games, so he's
settled in very nicely. Cisse is top scorer in the team with 7.
Lucho is pretty impressive, he's got 2 assists already. His set-piece
delivery is good.

I'm in the Div1 cup semi 2nd leg trailing Man Utd by 1:2.
So that will be a great home leg just needing a 1:0 win, which
is easier said than done.
I'm still hoping for a place in Europe, still 9 pts off the top 6.

my squad:
GK: Reina, Dudek, Carson, Kirkland
DF: Hyypia, Carragher, Milito, Traore, Stam,
Riise, Josemi, Finnan, Warnock, Whitbread
MID: Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Zenden,
Kewell, Simao, Lucho Gonzalez
FW: Cisse, Cavenaghi, Crouch, Morientes,
Pongolle, Mellor

I plan to sell Stam, Dudek, Morientes, Hyypia, and replace
them with younger players (20-25) next season.
Buying Stam was a mistake, he's too old and expensive.

Last edited:
With 5 games to go I'm 4 points clear of PSV and 5 ahead of Anderlecht who I face off with next. Also in the Cup Final vs PSV.

Had some sticky moments, but the team has been doing well. I did say I wouldn't buy any players, but I opted against this and made moves for Rosales, Zidan (not Zizou) and Nasri. Made swaps + money using Fonseca, Zuma and Sanou. Rosales is a first teamer at the moment keeping out Mahdavikia, Nasri is used quite a lot from the bench as OM, however Zidan has just had a few fleeting games although he did score on his debut.

Mboma (keeping out Carricolo) and Roberto (edited) are my strikeforce and Mboma notched 2 goals in a 2-1 over WE Utd for me.:)

Just need to hope I can get over the finishing line, however I'm confident as the team is doing well.

Cipot has came back into the team, where I've moved Pashazedeh into DM, Cipot has got very good height and has been a rock so far. If your looking for a big Centre Half, I'd recommend him.

FD

The Mboma you have is the regen one ?
an what team team does Cipot play for ?Coz i have Kompany and Lugano in the centre and really need a backup, the regen costacurta is not doin that well

Last edited:
Mboma is from the WE Shop stars unlocked. I don't actually class him as a superstar, and he's always been a favourite of mine.

Cipot is a CD, however he's very big. Now I can't remember 100% sure, but think he plays for Slovenia. Do a name searchand you'll find him.

FD

1 more game to go in my second season, 3 points clear of Bayern at the top of the league and about 14 goals better off so barring a disaster I have the title sewn up, which is nice.

Lost 1-0 to Chelsea in the UEFA Cup Final. Ever had a part in a match where your players just refuse to bloody move where you tell them to, and behave like eejits? Well that was the entire 90 mins vs Chelsea, hardest AI match I've ever played in living memory!

Won the Division 1 Cup this year, no repeat of last season's poor finishing escapade vs Wolfsburg, beat Ajax 3-1 in the final.

I'm pretty flush with cash now, got 50,000+ with about 15,000 to come off that for wages, and I should get another nice bundle when I collect the league title (and probably Player of The Year for Rosicky, again). I think I will go a bit radio rental and get in some big stars, something I never usually do in ML these days. Nothing over the top but the Bundesliga champions with a healthy bank balance wouldn't be scared of flashing the cash, IMO.

btw, Delron Buckley is a cult figure at the side now, this guy is one of my favourite players in the game. :mrgreen:

FD, used to love big Paddy Mboma in the PSOne versions. Before the days of having a free-kick stat and when you chose your kicker based on shot power/accuracy, I'd score 9/10 free-kicks with the big chap!

fd1972uk said:
Mboma is from the WE Shop stars unlocked. I don't actually class him as a superstar, and he's always been a favourite of mine.

Cipot is a CD, however he's very big. Now I can't remember 100% sure, but think he plays for Slovenia. Do a name searchand you'll find him.

FD
I think you're talking about Fabijan Cipot who yeah is very tall I think close to 2m. He is Slovenian like you said.

Liverpool, ML Div 1, End of Season #1
-------------------------------------
Halfway through the season with just 2 wins out of 15,
and facing debt thanks to some dubious transfers,
it was looking bad.
But a remarkable turn-around saw us finish 8th with 10 wins totally.

The highlight of the season was the FA Cup run.
Semi-finals:
------------
Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool (1st leg: An end-to-end game in which Liverpool had a goal disallowed.)
Liverpool 3:1 Man Utd (2nd Leg: United went in front, and the pressure was on Liverpool, who rose to the occasion with a majestic Alonso volley
to make it 1:1 at HT. Then Cisse and Gerrard scored to ensure a thrilling
win to make the final)
Final:
-----
Liverpool 1:0 Arsenal
A solid performance in which Harry Kewell scored his only goal of the
season to win the FA Cup. The Aussie was Liverpool's best assist man
throughout the season, but this time he was the scorer.

Cisse with 11 goals in league.
Kewell with 9 assists

Man Utd won the league, Arsenal finished 2nd, Everton were 6th.

The summer transfer window is hotting up. Liverpool hope to sign
5-6 exciting younger players who are established, but within the
budget. Currently with 25000 pounds.
INs: Mascherano (4000), Jean (Free, 17 yr old)
OUTs: Carson, Zewlakow

More to follow...

Last edited:
PLF - Yep, that's the guy.

CD - Yep, old Mboma was one of the original Daddie's. Him, Hadji, Mahdavikia and Pashazedeh where favourites back then.

Won the cup beating PSV 2-1 in the final, Roberto nabbed the opening goal in the 1st half and then with minutes to go, Zidan (on as a sub) smashed in a goal after a lucky break in the box. However, PSV went straight up the park and scored, but it was too late.

Thankfully I got my wages covered now, around 25k.

4 games to go in the league, so it's getting sweaty. I can only afford 1 slip-up, PSV are 3 points behind, but I've got about 20 goals of a start on them in terms of GD.

FD

Liverpool Echo, Evening edition:
--------------------------------
Liverpool FC manager Rafa "Mathew" Benitez has made 6 new
signings in a hectic summer of transfer activity.
The current FA cup holders enter Europe in the UEFA cup
for the first time in the upcoming season.
These are the ins and outs:
INs: Nigel De Jong (SB), Jorge Andrade (CB), Jean (CB), Mascherano (DMF), Rommedahl (RW), Anelka (CF)
OUTs: Stam, Finnan, Mellor, Zewlakow, Carson, Kirkland

The manager in his 2nd season in charge, said this :
"We have more possibilities now, in every part of the team
to compete both at home and in Europe. Last season our league
performance was bad in the first half, this time we need to
make sure we compete with the top clubs."

The current 27-man squad:
GK: Reina, Dudek
DF: Hyypia, Carragher, Andrade, Milito, Riise, De Jong, Josemi, Traore, Warnock, Jean
MF: Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Mascherano, Simao, Rommedahl, Kewell, Lucho, Zenden
FW: Cisse, Anelka, Cavenaghi, Morientes, Crouch, Pongolle

Last edited:
Has anyone bought this potential star named 'Namomono' - at least that's the name on his shirt, he's listed in Japanese? A ton of ability attributes - but I'm wondering if he's just one of those glitchy clone players that patched editions of the game throw up sometimes.

-v

PLF said:
I'm the opposite. I was playing as Barca in ML a few weeks back and unbelieveable how 8 out of my 11 wins were 1-0 wins and usuaully undeserved ones that come with a goal in injury time by Maxi Lopez or 88th minute FK by Ronaldinho or penalties.

Because of these goals, I was a serious title challenger in my first ML in WE9 which I didn't expect as I found the game kinda hard but well i guess I was jus lucky to main 1 point to 3 in so many matches that season.

Yeah man, just finished my first ML season. Have not been palying much these past couple of weeks. Just want to add that I too have tend to hae many mathces decided in my favour by late winners. Looking at the stats, in view opponent mode, majority of my goals have come in 2nd half.

Rgds,

i started my season with the gunners Arsenal ... on div 2... won the title with henry emergin as the highest goalscorer with 8 goals.. as well as the div 2 cup.

My first season.... ended up as runner up to man utd, arsenal 2nd chelsea 3rd, newcastle 4th... meanwhile as all this is goin on AC Milan has won the champions league in back to back seasons....

Ok back to the story...i won the FA cup....henry again emergin as the highest goal scorer with 19 goals... i achieved good results against the big wigs in ma first season in div 1... man utd 1 vs 2 arsenal... arsenal 2 vs 1 chelsea...(both home and away.won newcastle home and away 3-0.... and liverpool was a tie and won in highbury by 2- 0....but ars vs spurs was a classic .. was up by 2 in the first half they came back to win the game 3-2 ... wit edgar davids in sparklin form....i love this game... though i did give them good sparkin on the very next game 4-0.... i play on 3 stars .. i dont have a trouble scoring...at the end of the season... i added mascherano,Aaron Hughes( very good developed stats), squillaci, and just giving robinho.... good tyme to develop in madrid before i go in for the kill.

currently in ma 3rd season... wit chelsea, liverpool n barcelona in ma group for champs league... sittin on top of the league so far wit 8wins n 1 draw.

So the fans are for sure lovin the ride with their new coach... before i forget....i just signed a contract for life wit arsenal as the Manager......

i will keep y'all updated...

guys i hated master league for the longest time in we9 when playing with my old roomate, 2 vs the cpu, he moved out since, and 1 v cpu might be one of the best master league experiences ever! You can build the attack and do many things that i like, I am PSV and currently have Ailton and Torres and my forwards, need to get a super stud forward, thinking about ibrahmivich...

I've had to end my ML for now.
Konami do not allow you to change the difficulty during a season.
I've played one season on 3* and made a lot of transfers and
was raring to go into the 2nd season. During the off-season, I
lined up 4 friendlies, but after playing One of them I was just
excited to get straight into the season, so I changed the settings
to 5 mins and 1* just to finish the games soon.
But then I forgot to revert it back to 3*. I started the new season
and tried to revert it back to 3* when I saw it was grayed out.
It's a pity, Konami do such things....if they really don't want
you to change it, then create a mode like ML Extreme in WE6.

Back
Top Bottom