WE9 - Master League Thread

LOL yea, but as they say it is 100% realistic, we just suck dont we?

You need to be as calm as a cucumber to play this game, I get totally stressed out after 1 game most of the time. If that wasnt bad enough, the ML is like playing against an aimbotter/wallhacker in a Quake 3 1on1 match, fucking joke.

Dont think they play worse, I just hate the fact in the cups/leagues/ML the AI cheat to the extent I cant be arsed playing the game and I feel like killing someone :)

i'm playing with fiorentina now, and it's hard as hellllll. I could never win for more than 1-0. once my Gilardino played like crazy and he scored twice and made two assist for Caracciolo, and i won 4-1 to Inter Milan (almost impossible i first thought considering their strong squad)

my first season at division 2, i was a champion. and Pazzini was the top scorer (i like him a lot, he improves a lot too).
then i got promoted to d1, and what happen is i won like 15 times (i forgot), lost only once, but....i got like 14 draw. my Fiorentina was like Inter Milan last season (real life lol!). and my Fiorentina had a fierce battle with Juventus to get the 3rd position, but in the end i lost the battle, i gotta be happy with 4th position.

now im gonna start with my 3rd season, and here's my squad

using 4-4-2 formation (the first names are starter)

GK: Frey/Abbiati
LB: Chiellini/Mathieu
LCB: Kompany/Van de Borre
RCB: Ujfalusi/Orlandl
RB: Kaabi/Cicinho
DMF: Mascherano
DMF: Obodo/Fabregas
OMF: Hleb/Nasri
OMF: Joe Cole/Bojinov
CF: Gilardino/Pazzini
CF: Caracciolo

Any comment for my team?

I like Caracciolo a lot, he improves like hell. He;s 194 cm but he can dribble and his techniques are awesome. Made a good partnership with Gilardino. Would also recommend Kaabi, he's the next Cafu, even better.
I dont have quality back ups for Caracciolo and Mascherano, any suggestions?

Yep, I agree Carraciolo is a useful player. I'm looking at either bringing in old Morales (Uruguay) or a young German guy Kiesling as back-up for him. That's a useful team you have there, but personally I try and stay away from well known players or big names.

CD - Yep, I'm in a mixed Euro League of the lesser teams. Each leagues consists of the following:-

League - England, Germand and Scotland

League - Spain, France and Portugal

League - Italy and Greece

League (My ML league) - Every other team in the game except non-European teams. Teams who get promoted are from Holland.

With the exception of my group, it's kinda geographically worked out. Guess in reality my league is weakest but makes CL (WEFA or whatever) games more interesting and probably more difficult.

Btw, on the subject of players for you. If you like a big guy with a decent touch and decent pace the guy we mentioned above would do a job. Also Kaabi could do a good job at full-back for you and has pace to burn. There's also a young African player (don't know the country) Sanou, that I'm looking at getting, he's very pacy although a tad rough around the edges by the looks of it. Cuevas is another decent forward who is quick, however I don't actually like buying him for some reason, not sure why.

My main man though is Blanco. Have him playing just behind two strikers (as a CF) and he sets up all sorts of chances. I've actually changed some of the older players that I usually buy ages, I've made them a few years younger (not too young) as means I get more enjoyment playing with the players I like for a few more years as I think I may lose interest when they retire.

FD

mR_Lukawa said:
I like Caracciolo a lot, he improves like hell. He;s 194 cm but he can dribble and his techniques are awesome. Made a good partnership with Gilardino. Would also recommend Kaabi, he's the next Cafu, even better.
I dont have quality back ups for Caracciolo and Mascherano, any suggestions?

I totally agree with you, Caraciiolo is the best player in my team, can dribble, shoot, head, pass, is excellent in almost everything.
His back-up in my team is Ryan Babel, great striker, can play on the wing also.

i have a reason to buy several big names:
they can perform really well when the other young player will usually play so fuckin bad considering their terrible beginning stats. aka in real life, the big names will give a lot of lessons to young player, plus support the team immensely when young player fails.
also big names will help young player to improve their stats better.

I plan to buy Kaka and that should be my last buy for the next 4 seasons considering the age average of my squad (really young, age average is 26)

so, well that's my opinion.

tips (spoiler alert:)): try Kaiser, and he's just 17 in my 3rd season.
enormous potential

Last edited:
A question: how can I improve teamwork in my team?
I bought a bunch of good players and they look good, but I noticed that teamwork is quite low. I thought that it should get better with more matches, but not actually.
I know training should make it better. but how often and for how long do I need to do that? and is it any kind of training like free kick, corner kick, and so forth?

Appreciate your thoughts

listen everbody
in the winter transfers in my first season villareal offered me forlan for buttele (my 4th goalie) and i play with valencia and i didnt qualify 2 d1.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Finished the ML, second in the league and lost the Cup in the final.

The CPU is mad, really mad, I must have pissed them because in the second half of the season the games were a lot harder, A LOT!

I mean, 2x0 against Auxerre at home, playing really good, then second half comes and Auxerre start to play like if it was a World Cup final 5 minutes to go. There were like 22 Auxerre players, they killed me, I have never saw a team playing that way, they draw the game with magnificent goals and I couldn't do anything beside changing players and trying to kick the ball away. I don't even know how I managed to not lose the game, the hardest match I ever had in WE that I can remember.

My players started to play bad, Ilan was shit and could't score a single goal. New players were Toulalan (CMF), Francia (SMF) and Pimenov (ST). Francia was superb, the best buy. Toulalan is not the type of player I like, too slow and it's hard to turn aroung with him. Pimenov started great but with so many forwards in the team he didn't have a lot of play time.

The most weird thing were some goals I suffered, all the same. The player cross the ball in a corner kick, my player gets the ball, but he only stop it with his chest, and weak. Then always a striker scores and there's no chance I can defend it. It's ridiculous, this never happened in a friendly and in my entire fist half ML season I didn't saw it either. But in second half of ML 3 games in a row I conceded the equaliser this way, the one I regret the most was a Koller finish at injury time, I got mad.

Also I conceded a lot of goals, a lot! I checked the first games and I had only conceded 2 goals in 7 league games and 2 cup games, 2 goals in 9 games. Then in the rest of the season it was 14 goals in 10 games, wow. Fist half in the league, 5 victories, 1 draw and 1 lost game. Second half, 5 draws, 1 victory and 1 lost game. I got promoted thanks to the batle between the other teams, except PSG who finished first, the others would win a game and lose the next, so it was hard for them to climb the table.

Seeing what happened with my team and all the way the game turned out after the winter break, I don't know if I'll play again the same ML file.

can somebody plz give me a good formzition for me coz im starting the first division.
I play with valencia

After my sad end of ML Div2 season with Sochaux, I started yesterday a new one at first division and I can say that the game can't stop cheating.

Even if you forget about the GK that can go down and when you chip the ball he immediatly put in a big jump to fool you, wich is not possible in real life, or when you get away of him only to see that he can change from left to right being down at the floor, only to go in your legs and the ref waves the play on.

Even if you don't get pissed of by silly animations like you defending and the cpu makes a long pass to the left for their player, then you start to run but a cpu player who's near you throws himself in the body of your player (!), who can't follow that pass I talked before, and when you change with L1 for another defender the guy is already making a pin point cross in your aerea.

Yesterday I saw an animation that really worried me. I went down the right wing, with a defender covering the aerea, then I managed to get past the silly boy only to make a perfect pin point cross for my striker who would score a rocket of a header, but no. The play was fast, I was sure it could have been a goal, but a defender, that was behind my player, managed to send the ball out, it was a strange animation, so before the ball went away I paused the game and watched the replay.

And I'm not kiding here, the cpu player used his arm to intercept the ball, making it impossible for my player to do the header. It was scandalous, the guy jumped with his arms wide open and his only intention was that, I was terrified. Got back to the game and as I expected, 'cause the ref didn't stop the play as when it's a PK, I was only left with a feeling that this game is not fair. I saved the replay, but I don't have X-port or a program that can copy MC files to my PC, I'll show it to my friend and try to record it with his webcam to show you guys.

The cpu can make anyone look like a fool doing those tricks, there's no shame here for them. I though I was a little club playing Juventus in Delle Alpi with Racalbuto or Paparesta refeering the game, this is not realism, this is cheat at the best imaginable way. It saddeness me to think what Konami was planning adding stuff like that to the game.

RIP ML.

yea.. i've given up on master league too... its just too boring to go on... i cant run as if im play in exibiton, i always play with the same players, i can miss with clear cut chances with players like f. torres, aimar.... i suspect cpu's cheating... i keep drawing and winning 1-0... master league is too boring!

batistuta151 - You sum it all up, the way they score into me is a joke to say the least, half the time they don't even get a shot but out of the blue they rip up the pitch, take a shot and the keeper misses it, or the keeper saves it but the rebound lands directly at the feet of the CPU striker, fucking impossible game in the ML.

There is no need to cheat this much, I have played games online for years and I can honestly say this game pisses me off more than playing against someone with an aimbot, bloody disgrace to games really.

fd1972uk said:
My main man though is Blanco. Have him playing just behind two strikers (as a CF) and he sets up all sorts of chances. I've actually changed some of the older players that I usually buy ages, I've made them a few years younger (not too young) as means I get more enjoyment playing with the players I like for a few more years as I think I may lose interest when they retire.

FD
I see your love for Blanco continues FD ;)

I seem to remember you saying before he's one of your all-time favs.

Good player but surely a bit of a cunt hahaha.. with bad attitude :lol:

batistuta151 said:
Finished the ML, second in the league and lost the Cup in the final.

The CPU is mad, really mad, I must have pissed them because in the second half of the season the games were a lot harder, A LOT!

I mean, 2x0 against Auxerre at home, playing really good, then second half comes and Auxerre start to play like if it was a World Cup final 5 minutes to go. There were like 22 Auxerre players, they killed me, I have never saw a team playing that way, they draw the game with magnificent goals and I couldn't do anything beside changing players and trying to kick the ball away. I don't even know how I managed to not lose the game, the hardest match I ever had in WE that I can remember.

My players started to play bad, Ilan was shit and could't score a single goal. New players were Toulalan (CMF), Francia (SMF) and Pimenov (ST). Francia was superb, the best buy. Toulalan is not the type of player I like, too slow and it's hard to turn aroung with him. Pimenov started great but with so many forwards in the team he didn't have a lot of play time.

The most weird thing were some goals I suffered, all the same. The player cross the ball in a corner kick, my player gets the ball, but he only stop it with his chest, and weak. Then always a striker scores and there's no chance I can defend it. It's ridiculous, this never happened in a friendly and in my entire fist half ML season I didn't saw it either. But in second half of ML 3 games in a row I conceded the equaliser this way, the one I regret the most was a Koller finish at injury time, I got mad.

Also I conceded a lot of goals, a lot! I checked the first games and I had only conceded 2 goals in 7 league games and 2 cup games, 2 goals in 9 games. Then in the rest of the season it was 14 goals in 10 games, wow. Fist half in the league, 5 victories, 1 draw and 1 lost game. Second half, 5 draws, 1 victory and 1 lost game. I got promoted thanks to the batle between the other teams, except PSG who finished first, the others would win a game and lose the next, so it was hard for them to climb the table.

Seeing what happened with my team and all the way the game turned out after the winter break, I don't know if I'll play again the same ML file.
the cpu is mad! LOL, you gusy find more conspriacy stories then Michael Moore!!!!

i dont mind if cpu cheats by improving its own team, but it also cheats by making my team players perform lousily, shots always going towards goalkeepers, GK's AI sucks, passing go hay wired, always pass to wrong person, defenders slide your player when hes on the break, when i make a crucial pass to that player who is unmarked in the penalty area, the def fouls the passer, and no advantage was given, my players stupidly stands in the offside position

Right, no more repetitive complaints in here, this thread was made to cover other subjects of the game! If you still want to go on moaning about gameplay issues for the 3864765654th time, do it somewhere else.

Observer_ said:
A question: how can I improve teamwork in my team?
I bought a bunch of good players and they look good, but I noticed that teamwork is quite low. I thought that it should get better with more matches, but not actually.
I know training should make it better. but how often and for how long do I need to do that? and is it any kind of training like free kick, corner kick, and so forth?

Appreciate your thoughts

I just started ML in WE9. Still not reached off-season yet.

If I remember right back in WE8:LE; it was the 3 FW vs 1 DF training in Off-Season that improved teamwork stat. The one where you try to string some passes together beat the defender and score. Another one (i think) is the DF training.

Cheers

Is it ever possible to specifically 'loan' your players out. Or do you have to depend on the CPU making a 'loan' offer?(if ever).

I've been wondering about this since WE8:LE, where I had grabbed a lot of promising yougsters but they never had a chance to break into the first team. Therefor their stats never grew much.

Sure would be great if I could loan them out to other clubs and they get regular 1st team play and come back with better stats.

Well I played a ton of seasons in PES4 and seen a loan offer once for my players.

Try putting them on the list and maybe they will ask to loan him instead.

LOL..............you guys crack me up. I do agree it does get hard, but it's still excellent for me.

PLF - Yep, he's still one of my favs, not as much as Pashazedeh or Mahdavikia, but up there with them. I'm not too clued up in his real life activities, but only saw him from previous WC's which he was good and I loved his little piece of skill he used to pull off. He just does an excellent job for me and has been setting up a lot of chances for me, he's also quite good in front of goal too IMO.

FD

The cheating - you know to what extent it happens, you know it's there (for you personally), so what's the problem? You either accept the situation and get on with it or accept the situation and decide it's not for you. The game does chance it's arm at times and I fully admit to having many a "f&%^in hell!" type outburst, but it's no good to continue playing, hoping it's going to 'disappear' or 'stop' all of a sudden. It won't, not even when you have an all-star 11 with 99 teamwork stats all around the side, it'll still play the same way so gies peace! :mrgreen:

And anyway honestly, isn't it better to have to really struggle for success than to just reach a plateau where you will cruise through each season without pressure?

Surprisingly doing alright with Dortmund in the first season, not scoring nearly as much as I'd like to (hehe), with every team in the top 10 scoring plenty more goals than me so far. My defense has compensated I guess, only lost 7 goals in 23-odd games. Sitting 2nd in the table 4 points behind Bayern who were for a long time 11 points ahead, but they've had an iffy patch. Also 3-1 up against Bielefeld from the first leg of the cup semi-final, so not bad.

Traded Koller for Caracciolo, and brought in Danny Murphy and Moritz Volz on free transfers. That'll do nicely for now, if I make the CL next season I can maybe afford to splash out a little more.

---------Gentelaar----------
Volz--Worns--Metzelder--Dede
-----------Kehl-------------
----Murphy------Buckley-----
----------Rosicky-----------
---Smolarek-----------------
-------------Caracciolo-----

Main men so far have to be Buckley and Rosicky. Gambino and van der Gun are solid backups for either front player while Odonkor is very pacy and can play as a winger or SMF. Ricken isn't half bad either as a squad player, in fact I'd say him and Murphy are probably about the same. Got quite a few young guys in the squad too, two midfielders and two CBs that I'm not sure about, they 'do a job' I guess but that won't be good enough next season if I'm in Europe.

Mon the BVB.

"And anyway honestly, isn't it better to have to really struggle for success than to just reach a plateau where you will cruise through each season without pressure?"

Yes thats what I want, but I don't want to suffer 10 mins of utter cheats just to win a match I end up losing because of you know what.

Got rid of Koller, why?. He is shit hot, having someone that big on your team is such a massive advantage, he can win headers for fun. Infact I would buy him when I began a ML if he wasn't that old.

Ah well, maybe when I unlock 6 stars I make a new ML.

KP, it's a simple choice really. Everyone knows the AI changes certain things to increase difficulty. When I find myself getting a bit stressed out by it, a few games later I've bagged a win and I am a bit happier. You know the score, so you can accept it's the way things are done or you can just decide not to play anymore. From a personal POV, I have made the decision that although the AI has the tendancy to fuck you over big time, that it's 'part of the game' and part of my season. There are other times when things just work really well, but those who complain about cheating often ignore this or say that when you get games in which things come off for you all the time, that's 'normal' and how the game should be all the time. Like I said, accept it as part of the game or give up, god knows I nearly did the latter but there you go.

I did also struggle on 5* from the moment I got the game, I very nearly packed it in.

Koller is a giant but I'm not so good at scoring from crosses or corners. I would go as far to say as I find his height of very little advantage at all. Maybe it's just my style of play, always on the ground, perhaps too much for my own good (a bit too 'Arsenal' ;)).

Yea I suppose, thing is though although the cheating is bad for most of the games in ML it is 50x worse in the cups :D

I will try and unlock 6 stars and then start a ML, if that doesn't work I will just start a league. I did a league in PES4 and it wasn't that bad in terms of blatant cheating.

I don't mind the cheating much, what I do hate more than anything is when I am dominating them and then in stoppage time they pull off utter crap and score, that is the worse thing that can happen really.

Well yea, neither am I but in PES4 thats basically all I scored by, Koller would have been top scorer with ease :)

My style of play is 99% the wings, I am attached to them, sometimes I will try and cross it in or just cut in and take a shot hoping for a rebound.

Mora

Ayala Marchena
Caneira Rugeiro

Baraja

Angulo Vicente

Aimar

Anelka forla

subs: Angel,Perezetc

Back
Top Bottom