RMF: Ambrose
LMF: Maxwell
CF: Toni
CF: Peralta

Reserves:
GK: Knight
CB: Hall
CB: M. Craine
SB: Youth guy (i dont remember the name)
SB: Black
CMF: Tiago
CMF: another youth guy
LMF: R. Zigler
ST: Ehui
CF: Morrison
CF: W. Andrews
CF: Moore

That is my 3rd season on the road and my 1st season at Divison One.
Looks a good team isn't? :)

Just bought Cavenaghi and Adu from the WE Shop but i cant find them in Master League do i have to start a new Master League?

I just noticed something..
I Have Quincy in my team, first when i bought him he coudnt do the both-feet feint, but after improving he can do it !
Dont know what it exactly depeneds on, but its still makes no sense why they removed the star ability from the stats screen :S but you can still do it.

But still if this coudnt be doen before then i guess its somthin great for the master league !

I am in second season with Arsnal, in division 1 now. I just bought corrciolo?, cardozo, pele, Heitinga, Kallstrom?, GREAT PLAYERS!
I know if you want to you use your team in a friendly match (outside the master league), all players statistics get back to normal. Is their a way to have play with my team with the modified players statistic (after development)?
Similar question, can I start a new master league and load this team as well?
that would be great.

Managed to get Mahdavikia, Cariacollo (sp?), Mertsacker, Chiagenu (sp? - French Goalie), Franklin and Izmailov (traded the Iranian winger I had, Kazayeman or whatever).Really I think that's my team now.

Mahdavikia is one of my all time favs, probably between him and Pashazedeh, not as quick as he used to be, but delivers good crosses on either wing for me. Cariacollo will offer the height I need up front, and is quite quick for his size. Mertsacker offers good height at the back, is young and is an alternative for Cipot. Chiagenu has decent ratings, is young and is very tall. And Izmailov is a player I've always wanted to buy for a couple of the series now and never got round to it. Also got Hadji (Morocco), good player.

Think there's only a couple of players now really I want, Viafara (DM - Columbia) and Sanou (ST - not sure where he is from, African, but very pacy).

FD

Last edited:
Carnage said:
just bought cicinho and lugano iwant to buy a creted player but can i edit his boots and will age be the right one.
Lugano is great :D
He has poor stats but he outplays everyone else for me, so flawless.

But is he a real player? I mean who does he play for in real life?

Why some players cost 1 and some 5000? In 2 division in first transfers I fill whole starting line up without 2 positions and 3 new in a bench. All these players cost 1 and I give them 12 for transfer and 10 salary and they joined my team. I play on 6 star.
This is my team:
gk ivanov
cb jaric
cb francisco lima
lb georgatos
rb paito
dm camacho
lm lovenkrands
omf rivaldo
lw luis fabiano
cf carew
st robinho

bench:cernat, aghate, nacho novo and oder default player.

It is realy strange that buying players is very simple now.

cigol, Lugano plays for Sao Paulo in Brazil, he's a full international uruguayan defender.

Stringer Bell, Cicinho plays for Sao Paulo too, in a japanese no modified game he's called Kikinho (something like that) at the back of his shirt.

Imczas, for what I know, this issue of 1 and 5000 points in ML happens when using Fernando V3 with Option Files that modify the game, like transfers and etc. To solve it, you could create a new option file from scratch or burn a new game with Fernando V5.

I'll post my first half ML adventure later guys.

Hello
I've started to play a ML in a "translated to spanish" we9.
When I came to the selection of the selection of th starting players I have chossen the last option, "create an original team".
And what's my surprise I could select more than 3 new players for my rooster.
In fact I have selected 10 players without negotiation.
Is this correct or it's patch's fault?

Thanks

Txaby

Txaby said:
Hello
I've started to play a ML in a "translated to spanish" we9.
When I came to the selection of the selection of th starting players I have chossen the last option, "create an original team".
And what's my surprise I could select more than 3 new players for my rooster.
In fact I have selected 10 players without negotiation.
Is this correct or it's patch's fault?
no its not just you my versions unpatched and i can do the same. the only problem is holding myself back from creating the ultimate super team. i think ill just start with default players :(

Thanks for the information, and thanks to whoever it was who suggested dropping Gravesen. I play Guti and Zidane together, no DM and I'm playing much better and Zidane is getting man of the matches now :D

It seems a lone DM in such an attacking orientated team is not worth the bother.

Just finished my second season, am into my third now, Zola and co. are back but as 17 year olds after retiring, but there's also this great addition which is the random players, bought this English guy called Bradely, also an Argentenian called Orellano and they have high growth curve, the latter reaching 95.
Dunno if those are retired players cause i never heard of those players so i think they are actually random players.

My Atalanta team after second season:

Gk: Consigli

CB: Kompany
CB: Lugano

LWB: Scottish random player (forgot his name)
RWB: Ka'abi

DMF: Bradley (random)
OMF: Kallstrom
OMF: Nasri

RWG: Babel
LWB: Quincy
CF: Caracciolo

SUBS:

GK: Marshall
CB: Cosatacurta (the regenerated one)
CB: Lorenzi
LWB/SMF/CF: Adu
OMF: Cardozo
DMF: Ederson
OMF: Montolivo
CF: Orellano (random)
OMF/CF: Lazzari
CF: Bianchi

Am thinking of getting Essien because i need a DMF, do you guys know any better ones or even decent ? because Ederson doesnt seem to improve anymore and he aint that good.

inter_211 said:
Am thinking of getting Essien because i need a DMF, do you guys know any better ones or even decent ? because Ederson doesnt seem to improve anymore and he aint that good.

try Mascherano just started my second season and just bought him he seems very good :) espically at winning the ball.

Is anyone able to sign Cassano?

I bought Kaka,Ronaldinho,Adriano,Henry,Gerrard,Eto'o,Puyol,Ferdinand,C.Ronaldo etc.
but I can't buy him.He always refuses whatever I offer...

Fisrt half of ML season ended.

Started at second division with Sochaux, no transfers (all jap game), real life players, 10 mins, 6 stars.

Div1-A: best 12 italian teams 04'05 season + Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Fenerbahce.

Div1-B: best 12 spanish teams 04'05 season + PSV, Ajax, AZ and Sparta.

Div1-C: best 12 english teams 04'05 season + Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Brugge and Anderlecth.

Div1-D: best 6 germany and best 6 french teams, both from 04'05 season + Shakhtar, Dinamo, Rangers and Celtic.

Div2: 7th to 10th germany and french teams from 04'05 season, promotion to Div1-D.

WEFA 'Champions League' situation, 4th round
Group A: Milan 12pts, Juventus 6pts, PSV4 pts and Everton 1pt
Group B: Manchester Utd 9pts, Real Madrid 9pts, Barcelona 6pts and Dinamo 0pt
Group C: Chelsea 12pts, Arsenal 6pts, Shalcke04 6pts, Ajax 0pt
Group D: Inter 10pts, Bayern Mun 6pts, Porto 4pts, Lyon 3pts

WEFA Rankings
Club Teams
1. Milan 132pts
2. Chelsea 131pts
3. Manchester Utd 124pts
4. Barcelona 122pts
5. Juventus 121pts
5. Real Madrid 121pts
5. Bayern Mun 121pts

Leagues
1. Div1-A 130pts
2. Div1-D 128pts
3. Div1-B 126pts
4. Div1-C 124pts

Top Scorer of the game: Ailton (Shalcke04) 13 goals
Top Assistman of the game: Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid) 10 assists
MVP of the game: Oruma (Sochaux) 7.06

Div2 situation, 7th round
1. Sochaux 16pts 5W1D1L +6
2. Wolfsburg 12pts 4W0D3L +5
3. Hannover 96 11pts 3W2D2L +3
4. Paris Saint-Germain 10pts 3W1D3L -1
5. Hamburg 9pts 3W0D4L 0
6. Borussia Dortmund 8pts 2W2D3L -3
7. Lens 8pts 2W2D3L -3
8. Auxerre 6pts 2W0D5L -7

Games played
0x0 Borussia (A)
2x0 Auxerre (H)
2X1 Wolfsburg (A)
1x0 Hamburg (H)
0X1 Hannover 96 (A)
2x0 Lens (H)
0x1 PSG (A)

Since the lost game to Wolfsburg by 2x1 I won 4 consecutive matches, wich helped me to gain the first place. The table seems to be a competitive one, with only 4pts the difference from the 2nd to the 7th. Auxerre is at the bottom of the league, wich was unespected by me. My goal was promotion here, but since I'm first place I'll fight for the title.

My top scorer: Ilan 5 goals (2nd in league)
My top assistman: Oruma 2 assists (4th in league)

Div2Cup situation, aggregate results
Borussia 3x0 Lens
Hamburg 4x0 Auxerre
Wolfsburg 2x2 PSG (PSG advances, 1 goal scored away)
Hannover 96 0x3 Sochaux

Lens, Auxerre and Hannover 96 couldn't score a single goal. PSG fought hard and I'll be the next to entertain them. Played almost with a reserve squad and will continue to do that, the far I get the better.

My top scorer: Menez 2 goals (2nd in cup)
My top assistman: Kader and W. K. Cho 1 assist for both (12 players tied at 1st)

First team (4-3-1-2)
Richert GK
Diawara CB
Monsoreau CB
Daf RSB
Mathieu LSB
Pitau DMF
Lonfat DMF
Isabey (c) RMF
Oruma OMF
Ilan CF
Dos Santos CF

Reserve players
Gnanhouan GK
Lavie CB
Paisley CB
Potillon SB
Ibrahim Tall SB
Boudarene DMF
Ndaw DMF
Trapasso OMF
Diarra CF
Zairi CF
Menez CF
Kader CF
W. K. Cho CF
Martinovic GK

Didn't change the players, neither the formation. Almost everything is at default, only change is that I use Man-to-Man for marking opposition players.

Players that developed (increased stats)
Ilan 24y all stats
Trapasso 29y all stats (and he's not a starter!)

Players you should take a look
Richert, Monsoreau, Mathieu, Oruma, Ilan, Dos Santos, Zairi

Potential star for the future
Menez 18y CF

Transfer Market
Off
The players are giving it all against big opposition and I don't see the need to change radically the squad, rather keep the players I already have, trust them and try to win the title. I could offload a GK and at least one CF, there are too many of them, but the rest of the squad will remain.

In
A SMF is needed, I don't have one in the reserves and Isabey is already 30y. Also, invest on young players is important for the future of the team, some have caught my eye like Nzogbia, Francia and Ederson. Beyond the 20's there's Robinho and others. The truth is, being a quality player is the only thing needed, and also the salary points must not get past the 1000 mark. No star players needed.

Final Comments
At the moment the game is superb for me, a real enjoyment to play with Sochaux and so many good players right at my disposal. My main targets for now are winning promotion to Div1-D and increase development of young talents for the future.

Last edited:
Very good..........I don't know why, but I've always like Sochaux, although I ain't used them in the game before.

I'm in 3rd place with only 3 games to go, also virtually in the final of the cup after winning the 1st leg 3-0, second leg is next up, so I'll rest a few players.

Team is going well now, although I was hoping to catch Utrecht but they haven't lost a game as yet and I think they've already won the league. I need to overtake Roda or I'm snookered, as I'm not sure if I'll have enough points either, so promotion or bust I think, although not sure how much the final will generate.

I'm always disappointed when I gain promotion without winning the cup and league, so it could happen again.

Out of my new buys I think Izmailov has been the most effective, he's taken over from Alex on the Left and been very good.

FD

Thanks, jc_denton.
I'll keep investigating in other forums.
I'll ask to other friends too.

Txaby

Made a mistake at my previous post, it's Everton instead of Brugge in WEFA 'Champions League' Group A, just edited it.

inter_211, I know Ederson and he's not a DMF, if I can remember he was an OMF in Brazil, then turned to SMF in France and in WE9 he's a CMF. Don't know if he's a reliable option for DMF. In the game he's only 19y, so I expected he could develop a lot, are you sure he can't improve anymore with you?

fd1972uk, thanks for your feedback, I chosed Sochaux because they were 10th last season (so last club in my ML) and also that from the 4 french teams (Div2) he's the only one that never won the National Title. Looking for the club, I found that they claim to be the first full pro french team to appear, and also that a guy from Peugeot, the car manufacturer, founded the club in 1928.

Later the club organised the first ever national cup competition in France, wich led FFF to create the League in 1932. Today they're a modest club, focused on maturing players and selling them later. You can find more info about Sochaux and other french clubs (in english) here: http://www.channel4.com/sport/french_football/clubinfo.html

Talking about your players, Izmailov caught my eye in CL when Loko defeated Inter and got past to the next phase, the group also had Arsenal, the fourth one I don't remember, maybe it was Dinamo Kiyv, season 03'04. But back to Izmailov, does he improves a lot, medium or very little?

I could do some fantasy football here, Arsenal already offered to me Flamini and money for Isabey, wich I refused 'cause he's the captain of the team. As I don't save the game in the Transfer Market period, I can enjoy all the drama :P

Hope you gain promotion, and win the titles ;D

Last edited:
Thanks mate, wish you luck to.

About Ismailov, I am not really one to go snooping and see how he performs. I think he's relatively young (can't mind his age) so he should improve. I find he's got decent pace and can do a decent job on the wing, he's also two footed which is a bonus.

FD

First post, lets go:
Hildebrandt
Van den Borre (he was better in WE8LE) Huth Heitinga Chiellini
J. Cole Källström (he is even better in real life)
Robben C. Ronaldo
Ibrahimovic F.Torres

batistuta151 said:
Made a mistake at my previous post, it's Everton instead of Brugge in WEFA 'Champions League' Group A, just edited it.

inter_211, I know Ederson and he's not a DMF, if I can remember he was an OMF in Brazil, then turned to SMF in France and in WE9 he's a CMF. Don't know if he's a reliable option for DMF. In the game he's only 19y, so I expected he could develop a lot, are you sure he can't improve anymore with you?

At the beggining i was playing him as an OMF he was good for while, but Montolivo improved much better, and Ederson reached his maximim and he aint that good, so I transfer listed him now. I have other players also that are better, Kallstrom and Nasri.

Well finished my 1st season. Utrecht where out in front with 6 points so they won the league, however I trailed 1 pt behind Roda going into the last game. In my final game I won 2-0 and had noticed at half time Roda where drawing 0-0 at half-time. At the final whistle my players started running around celebrating, so I knew I had done it. :) In the final I faced D2 Champions Utrecht. Within the 1st five minutes I was 2-0 down and I was thinking 'Here we go again' however in the 40th minute I grabbed a goal back when Hadji slotted away a rebound and then in the dying seconds of the 1st half my striker Roberto rounded the keeper to slot the ball away and get a 2-2 half-time score.

3 Minutes after the re-start Hadji crossed for Roberto to head into the top corner and it stayed that way till the final whistle. So I'm now going into the Top Division with some silverware under my belt.

Not really after many players, Dos Santos (Tunisia) and Sanou (Some African forward). Not much more I really want to add to the squad rather than that, although I want to add one of the lesser names that can do the Flip-Flap, anyone know?

FD

Decided to have a go at this, it was between Saint Etienne and Dortmund but in the end I chose Dortmund. I am doing a realistic league setup rather than mixed leagues and I played Ligue 1 to death in WE8LE with Marseille. If I do well it's also a bit more plausible that Dortmund could eventually reach the heights they once did in real life, if some sugar daddy bailed them out of financial troubles ;).

Anyway, I noticed at the team selection bit you can now choose which section Division 2 has promotion/relegation to/from? If so then great, means I can finally stop worrying about some non-German side getting promoted to the Bundesliga (I am starting in Division 1, like I said, realism for me). I chose Division 2 to go into the 'Mixed League', hope that turns out to be the case.

Anyway, after doing real-life transfers before starting Dortmund don't have much of a team. The likes of Ewerthon and Addo are gone, and with WE9 being the toughest yet I know I am gonna have to work very hard to have success, which is a nice change as usually in ML after a few years you have won the lot.

Played 9 games or so at this point, 2nd in the league 4 points behind Bayern Munchen. I have the best defensive record in the league but am really struggling to score goals, all my wins have been by one more than my opponents. In the first leg of the DFB Pokal (I'm sure someone will correct me on the name :-D), I lost 2-1 away to Freiburg, only defeat so far. The AI was in extreme 'cheat' or 'cheap' mode in this match. I did play mostly a reserve side but twice I had the ball on the wing and pressed the cross button, and the game made my crossing player do a really stupid 'extra' animation where he stuttered back wards just enough to let the defender catch up and block the cross. It's so blatant, that I just had to laugh. Anyway, guess I just need to accept this and get on with it or there's no point playing.

Going back to the Dortmund personnel, I really need to get a couple of sidebacks in as I only have 3 in the entire squad, with only 1 of them of acceptable (IMO anyway) quality (Dede). A fast and technical striker is a must, big Jan Koller isn't my cup of tea at all and he's 31+ anyway. I don't even have a stable formation at this time because the squad is so weak, Rosicky getting injured early on hasn't helped either.

Aiming for European qualification this year, that'd be marvellous, but I'm just loving the fact that because I find WE9 so difficult if I ever win anything in ML I'm going to savour it a lot more than previous versions :-).

BVB!

P.S. Frank you doing a total mixed league setup then?

Fuck sake I hate the cheating. It's killing me with fustration. I can't wait until Football Manager 2006, then I can actually have a proper footballing dynasty.

Back
Top Bottom