Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

yea exactly, the guy dragged the fight out, took the fighter to the brink of being finished but didn't finish him

like i said, i have seen far worse real MMA fights than that

coming from someone who loved the wrestling games? you can hardly call this unrealistic lol

have you watched any UFC?

i have seen far worse than that in real UFC

Wrestling isnt 'real', its pre-determined entertainment, so anything can happen.

UFC is meant to be realistic fighting to the finish without any scripting. I've watched UFC on and off for years and if a fighter was taking that much punishment without retaliation, especially on the ground, where he was being constantly elbowed in the face with no guard or retaliation, then it would be called off pretty quickly.

UFC is not meant to be a bloodbath, as grisly as it is, the fighters well being is still paramount to the officials.

Anyways, sure it will play better on a higher level...

Oh and if you have seen any MMA fights 'worse than that' then I'd be amazed and would doubt it was UFC, probably some other affiliation with more slack rules?

i understand what your saying, on a higher level you don't get the chance to do all that damage, cause Rua will try to go to ground alot and he can punish you down there, so you'd have to take that KO chance.

it was obvious that video was on beginner and he didn't finish the fight on purpose or throw any strong punches/kicks to the face (which would cause a KO) to see the damage to the face, blood on the mat and blood on himself. it was a good exercise to see how far it would go and i was impressed by the detail.

You took the words out of my mouth

I even tried doing this so see what damage i could do :LOL:

The best part is when someone's cut and they get on top, the blood goes all over the guy on the bottom and look very realistic come the end of the round when there walking to the corner

Wrestling isnt 'real', its pre-determined entertainment, so anything can happen.

UFC is meant to be realistic fighting to the finish without any scripting. I've watched UFC on and off for years and if a fighter was taking that much punishment without retaliation, especially on the ground, where he was being constantly elbowed in the face with no guard or retaliation, then it would be called off pretty quickly.

UFC is not meant to be a bloodbath, as grisly as it is, the fighters well being is still paramount to the officials.

Anyways, sure it will play better on a higher level...

Oh and if you have seen any MMA fights 'worse than that' then I'd be amazed and would doubt it was UFC, probably some other affiliation with more slack rules?

Its 100% not possible on higher difficulty (as the expert videos show i posted)

If you threw punches like that they would just go for the takedown and if your on the ground they would reverse it or block

i can't see that working

are demo's just made up of content folders on the HDD?

what level are you playing on at the moment coopz? anyone?

i'm on advanced at the moment and when playing as Liddell i would say i win 50% of fights, mainly through TKO, but when i play as Rua i lose most of the time cause Liddell is so good at getting up and his standing game is the shiznit, his counter punching is that good that it isn't worth trying strong kicks to the head, cause the result can be fight ending and it's happened to me a few times.

Advanced

As Liddell its easier for me to win by keeping it on the feet and going for a KO because he is mainly a standup guy. As Rua its alot harder because Chucks takedown defence and submission defence is very high and your always open to a flash KO because of his power

I seem to go all 3 rounds as Rua because i can combat Liddells attacking strengths and get him on his back alot of the time (i have to resort to pulling guard as well) but because of what i said above its nigh on imposable to sub him

paul. I have seen many deep cuts that would be stopped in an instant in boxing but was never stopped in the ufc which has resulted in allot more blood than that. I have also seen bad see stoppages in the ufc and other organisations. My comment about wrestling was tongue in cheek but you get the point.

Only played a few games on the default settings, but so far so good.

I should have really tried a higher setting, to see if my fears from earlier were unfounded, but even so, its a fun, brutal fighter.

Not sure of all the moves yet, especially the submissions, but it seems fairly accessible all the same.

So farry, so goody.

I've had a few games on the default setting and it seems great - I won all but 1 fight where I was KO'd with a punch as I dived forwards with a punch. I'll have to have a look at how to grapple properly, I figured out how the takem them down and then im kind of lost. I remembered something wbout moving the sticks around to move into positions and it worked out ok but the ai kept fighting back so it was hard to know if i was doing it correctly.

The commentary is astounding and I love how they will both say the same line at the same time or shout 'whoah!' together just like on tv.

Thumbs up from me!

Yep had a few multiplayer games and its awesome. Havent got the hang of the takedowns though (Same as Rad) but otherwise it seems great. you can't really button bash either otherwise you'll just get picked off

Very solid game. Deep and realistic gameplay mechanics, great graphics and also really good commentary. Looks like a definite buy.

Graphics are really superb on this, the attention to the faces and the close-up's showing the hits is excellent. Nice game.

Looks like even more 360 owners will be buying :)

Cant wait to get a tournie going

Yeh theres a Career Mode but not sure how deep that will be?

I was playing the CPU earlier and Keep getting taken down Shogun and he's finishing me off in a round!

Had some much better fights last night at a higher skill level (and after doing the tutorial).

Had an epic 3 rounder as Rua... Liddell was hammering me by the 3rd and kept knocking me down against the fence, finally knocking me out with a big right hand.

Really like this, hope the career mode is decent and the online options are good...

Yeh theres a Career Mode but not sure how deep that will be?

After you create your character, Dana White introduces you to the UFC and puts your fighter in a tryout fight that will determine where he starts on the totem pole. At first he will be fighting fictional lower-end fighters, and over time he’ll move on to mid-level fighters and eventually the upper-echelon stars.

Your fighter progresses by improving his skills and gaining “cred points” that can be used to move to the next level. UFC matchmaker Joe Silva will offer you a number of potential opponents with different styles for your fighter’s next bout, with the tougher opponents yielding more cred points. It is then your responsibility to properly prepare for the fight.

To prepare for the fight, you are provided a calendar. Each week your fighter can do activities to improve his skills, such as sparring and training. He can even travel to famous real-life camps for instruction from MMA’s best tutors. He can also meet with sponsors and secure sponsorships for fight gear that will earn extra cred points. However, you also have to avoid overtraining by providing your fighter rest that will allow him to enter his fight in peak shape.

As your fighter’s career advances, you can also watch the UFC advance. Your fights will take place on UFC cards featuring a host of real fighters, and the results of those fights could dictate your next opponents.

Career mode lasts for seven years, at which point your fighter will have a retirement fight. If you perform well enough you will gain induction into the UFC Hall of Fame. In addition, players can take their created fighters and compete online against the created fighters of other players. The developers say career mode for any given created fighter will last around 10 hours.

http://www.3rdstringsafety.com/2009/a-look-at-ufc-undisputed-2009s-career-mode/

Shame it only last for 7 years as it says most fighters still fight into late 30's but it seems a decent start to next gen career mode.

But all will be revealed in due course if it good or not. :))

Career mode sounds good. Now let's hope it is because it's gonna be key. I've got the demo as well now, had a few bouts with friends and AI and I'd say Chuck Liddel is a little too good! Maybe they've over-rated him a little considering he's one of the most 'famous' guys and many people will want to be him. Kinda like how Ronaldinho is likely to be a little over-rated even in the next version of FIFA or something like that.

He's definitely beatable though like coopz was saying and of course his stand-up is amazing in real life too as is his take-down defense, but overall his rating of 88 might be a little too high. Shogun is 87 and I'd say he's a better fighter. But anyway these things don't matter much, the gameplay's pretty good though I've also been surprised that my friends who AREN'T into UFC, don't know about transitions or technical stuff or submissions or anything, have been winning against me by simply punishing our controllers with yes button-mashing! I didn't think it was that kinda of game and it's not but button-mashing has its place too it seems. :/

One thing that I'm confused about is the 'health'/life bar. Is there one? I've turned on the stamina bar but that's stamina hence it will empty if you're continously throwing combos, but where's the indictator that someone's CLOSE to being 'rocked' or knocked out? Cuz I can be doing great and take minimal punishment and then suddenly BOOM Flash KO!! Which of course DOES happen in real life too especially against the likes of Liddel who have knockout power and need to connect with one or two good kicks/punches, but it'd be nice to have some type of health indicator to see how far you or your opponent are from being KO'd and how much damage you or he has taken.

I did notice there are 2 things in the stamina bar, one green and one yellow, so perhaps one is the 'health' bar or whatever you choose to label it?

I think one is health and the other that fills back up over it is stamina

I also read that if you are gassed you are prone to getting KO'ed so that's why you get knocked out without taking damage

Back
Top Bottom