Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

Weight classes: [Top]
Lightweight - over 145 lbs. to 155 lbs.
Welterweight - over 155 lbs. to 170 lbs.
Middleweight - over 170 lbs. to 185 lbs.
Light Heavyweight - over 185 lbs. to 205 lbs.
Heavyweight - over 205 lbs. to 265 lbs.

Bout duration: [Top]
All non-championship bouts shall be three rounds.
All championship bouts shall be five rounds.
Rounds will be five minutes in duration.
A one-minute rest period will occur between each round.

Fouls: [Top]
1. Butting with the head.
2. Eye gouging of any kind.
3. Biting.
4. Hair pulling.
5. Fish hooking.
6. Groin attacks of any kind.
7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
8. Small joint manipulation.
9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13. Grabbing the clavicle.
14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21. Spitting at an opponent.
22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30. Interference by the corner.
31. Throwing in the towel during competition.

Ways To Win: [Top]
1. Submission by:
Physical tap out.
Verbal tap out.
2. Technical knockout by the referee stopping the contest.
3. Decision via the scorecards, including:
Unanimous decision [all judges pick the same fighter as the winner].
Split decision [One judge picks one fighter, the other two judges pick the other fighter].
Majority decision [Two of three judges pick the same fighter as the winner, the final judge says the fight was a draw].
Draw, including:
Unanimous draw.
Majority draw.
Split draw.
4. Technical decision.
5. Technical draw.
6. Disqualification.
7. Forfeit.
8. No contest.

Referee may Restart the round:
If the fighters reach a stalemate and do not work to improve position or finish.

ta bitter, i didn't know all the rules.

i'm quite liking this game so far, once you up the level to the advanced settings it becomes a right struggle (like coopz said previously). Rua is far superior on the ground and he doesn't half use it to his advantage if your playing as Chuck. it's quite easy to stay on your feet until he takes you down mid attack and getting back on your feet is not impossible but it takes time and soome serious effort, which is quality, it keeps it interesting.

the best fight i've had is when i was playing as Chuck and the first two rounds panned out the same, me applying some good standing game and rua taking me to the ground a couple of times and the end of each round ended with me holding on for dear life while he was in full mount laying in some heavy hits and blocking my counters.

but in the final round after some big hits to the body and head from me and getting up a couple of times Rua's luck ran out, as he went for yet another takedown towards the end of the last round his face connected perfectly with my inbound knee and it was all over. fantastic fight and i was so pleased that i managed to hang in there.

i'm impressed with how many different ways the fights have finished, ground and pound, submission (my favourite happened when i tried to do the pick up and turn round throw with chuck and Rua countered it into a guillotine and it was all over) and variuos knockout punches/kicks.

so far so good.

I have just had the my best fight yet

I was Rua and it went the whole 3 rounds. All 3 rounds i was doing a awesome job of blocking his strikes and knew he could KO me with 1 punch so i was always looking for the takedown and Chuck was doing a great job of stuffing it so had to resort to going into a Muay Thai clinch and pulling guard just to even get it to the ground.

When i did, Liddell tried to get a better position a few times which i blocked but he did mount twice but i got out of them as well taking little damage due to my blocking, then i started using the rubber guard and countering Liddell onto his back quite frequently and from then on he wanted no part of me on the ground :LOL:. Even when i pulled guard he stood it straight back up as but i did manage to counter again a few times and try a few subs but they were unsuccessful and i lost to a unanimous decision because of him mounting me and that i had to pull guard all the time and did very little damage :)

It was a proper cat and mouse game and real struggle. 1 bad thing i saw though was the way they do the points at the end, they show the points before they do they announcement so that takes away the surprise element of the result if your in a close match

Now i'm learning more moves and counters the game is unbelievably good :)

This game is awesome!

Just played my brother at it. Ok we didnt know what we was doing at first but was still fun, we slowly got used to the controls and its so much fun

I have got so much more to learn on the moves though, as im still not sure what to press etc

If someone has you in a submission lock, how do you reverse it? I haven't played it yet so curious about the controls.

That does look amazing, but a bit repetitive?

Has it got some variety in extended play guys? And is the demo out today on XBLA?

If someone has you in a submission lock, how do you reverse it? I haven't played it yet so curious about the controls.

to get out of a submission, you can hammer X, A, B, Y or spin the RS

to reverse mounts and to transition your positions you would use the right stick

so timing and correct button sequences do count

Cheers Bitter. Definately checking this one out. Won't pay £35 for it though, learnt my lesson from Legends Of Wrestlemania and £30~ games :(

that video was quality.

i'm still getting used to the ground game, i can move from position to position, but i dont fully understand which way to go. do i go up then rotate right/left or down and rotate right/left. blocking transitions is another area i need some time to get used to.

Sound like a few people will be getting this then

We need to have a Evo-Web tournament, that would be awesome :)

that video was quality.

i'm still getting used to the ground game, i can move from position to position, but i dont fully understand which way to go. do i go up then rotate right/left or down and rotate right/left. blocking transitions is another area i need some time to get used to.

depends what position your in

I would do it this way to simulate him shifting his whole body and moving to side control. if his his lead leg was on the other side i would go the opposite way

blogentry1.jpg

when your in side control you would go back this way to get him to pull his right leg over

10102.jpg

That's how i do it anyway, I hope my shite drawings made sense :LOL:

Wow I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. A year back I remember reading about a new UFC game coming out in 2009 that'll be insane but forgot about it... now I see it's almost out and demo is here and as a huge UFC fan, I can't wait! Those vids look f'n c0ol as shit too!!! Seems like you really have to understand the sport (in terms of ground moves, transitions, etc.) which is great, cuz we don't want some button-mashing fighting game.

Anyone playing this on ps3? And when's the release date? May 19th? can't wait! I'll buy it the day it comes out.

This looks better and better. That bloodbath video was amazing.

I'm a PS3 user PLF and will be definitely be getting this, you can add me if you like.

Sure, we'll all play each other later. :)

There is no ps3 demo yet, is there? Apparently tomorrow there might be. April 23rd.

One thing I just noticed is that unfortunately the referee doesn't seem to really JUMP in like they do in real life to stop the victim from taking more punishment. The commentary of Joe Rogan even said the ref jumps in but he actually didn't... he just called the end to a fight.

Also the producers seem to have been a little bit generous with Chuck and beer belly. :p
In real life, it's definitely there. In here, it's barely there.

Yep this looks class, Will get the demo if it hits today, Im another PS3 user that will be getting this. :))

It's 2:30 am my time (EST) and I haven't hit the bed yet and it's not out. Hopefully later on in the day. Looks insane! :D

coming from someone who loved the wrestling games? you can hardly call this unrealistic lol

have you watched any UFC?

i have seen far worse than that in real UFC

it was obvious that video was on beginner and he didn't finish the fight on purpose or throw any strong punches/kicks to the face (which would cause a KO) to see the damage to the face, blood on the mat and blood on himself. it was a good exercise to see how far it would go and i was impressed by the detail.

Back
Top Bottom