Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

Looks quality, A few good reviews and im sold. I just hope that they allow the game to be played in a way where you can't go gung ho against your opponent.

Difficulty seems really easy have it on Expert but even then wasnt much happening from Chuck and managed to KO him in 48 seconds. :LOL:

Obviously KO can happen anytime but still didnt seem much of challenge. Earlier when was Chuck hit nasty ko to Rua then he dropped to floor i smashed him on ground about 9 times he was out cold from earlier. I was waiting for ref but he took his time and i just kept punching him in head he was already out blood spurting out.:LOL:

Its quality how you get the others fighters blood on you as well

Ill start with the bad stuff

No jostling on the ground to isolate certain limbs, no clinch against the cage and subs just come by the press of the RS so it may well be the same everytime depending if your in full and half guard, side control, mount or have thier back, so thats 5 submissions but like i said ages ago i cant see them ever getting a game that can fully represent the battle of a real MMA fight.

How can makers make variables for defending? like if your dominating on top and let a arm go stray for a armbar or the guy on the bottom pulls his leg over the shoulder for a triangle or something like the feeling that your really struggling to get off your back or out of the clinch? Either there isn't enough buttons or it will be far to complicated to play.

Thats the bad part of it, now onto the better stuff.

All UFC fans will love this game, its more arcadey than realistic but it still feels awesome KO'ing someone or even dominating them on the ground and its that authentic you with think your watching a PPV at times. The AI must be on easy though because you can pass guard at will but i still had some great matches none the less.

In one i had Shogun in full mount, he spun onto his back to try and get out so i went back to full mount again after i gave him a few punches, once again he tried to get out of it by giving up his back so i went to full mount again and rained down punches for the TKO. while that may not sound much the feeling of dominating him and making the right decisions felt awesome and Multiplayer may well bring this game into its own, with its counters and blocking and chalk off some of the bad points above because it wont be easy to take down or keep a human and a harder AI opponent on his back and they have gave what i said about subs from the bottom a good go by using countering, so if the guy on top throws a punch correct timing will counter it but that's not exactly how if works in real fights, but its there in some form ;)

I hope that gives a insight into it but i bet it doesn't make sense for the most part :LOL: anyway UFC fans will love it and i cant wait for the full game

if you have any questions about the stuff i have put feel free to ask :)

Funny how they delay the demo with no real reason, most assume errors of some kind were found and yet we start to see videos on youtube cropping up before it's out.

The demo was available to people who pre-ordered the game in the US on Saturday that's why the videos have been popping up

I guess it was never due out last week and they had to quash the rumours quickly

Playing on advanced really gives you challenge i havnt won a fight yet after about 15 trys.

Still need to learn all the ground grapple reversals and takedown defence as i keep getting KO'd from ground and pound.

just burn the content folder to a cdr or dvd r

Yep exactly that, I used ImgBurn, you want to end up with a dvd containing the folder content and that's it, put it in the 360, go to demos and it lists UFC.

Is it worth downloading?

How long until the proper release? If still a few days I'd say yes for sure, I'm not really into UFC myself but the demo seemed quite enjoyable after 5 mins :)

i'm gonna sound like a right dipshit, i've downloaded the 2 rar files, but i'm having problems extracting them, i just get error messages and so on.

i'm using Winrar and i've never had any problems before, can some kind soul please give me some guidance?

Back
Top Bottom