Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

I adore this game - I've been playing on expert all day and winning most of my games by KO or TKO but Shogun seems to get all of his wins by Submission. The latest fight we had I had him battered and bloodied at the end of the first time and in the black/white a few times during the second. When I wasn't beating him up he had me on the floor and we just kept reversing and countering each others advances. Halfway through the 3rd I had him knocked him onto his back, dived on top of him, threw a punch and he caught my fist wrapped his legs around my head and triangle choked me out and won.
-

One quick question - ive done the tutorials briefly so i might have missed it - but how are you supposed to get up off the floor? i can reverse a takedown and get myself on top of him but i want to get back up and let him get to his feet so i can knock him out.

Last edited:
It pisses me off when Shogun gets me on the ground! Its just so difficult to counter him once hes got you down there. And when your Shogun fuck me Chuck KO's you to easily (Playing on Advanced)

It pisses me off when Shogun gets me on the ground! Its just so difficult to counter him once hes got you down there. And when your Shogun fuck me Chuck KO's you to easily (Playing on Advanced)
this was happening to me, so i kept looking at the action lists for chuck on the ground and now i know how to do the correct transitios to get up or do reversals.

as for playing as shogun, have a good blocking game and don't go all out attack, use the clinch and take him to the floor when possible. when on the floor try not to be in gaurd cause he can get up easily and try blocking transition attempts before throwing punches, the best advice is to take your time, don't rush in for the KO cause he'll punish you. most of the time when i beat chuck it'll be late 2nd or 3rd round. also only try the kick to the head (LB & A/B) when you are close enough for it to definitly connect, cause he'll take a step back then come in with a superman punch, which can end the fight.

Collision detection needs work, I knocked out Shogun with a lunging right hand, looked great, until the replays clearly showed I hadn't made contact at all :(

I knocked Liddel down with a punch, on the wide shot replays I clearly missed his face and I think if anything my thumb clipped his ear but then when it showed the wobbly close up face shots the punch landed cleanly on the jaw.

On one hand it's good that its touched up on the close up views so you see contact but really if they felt the need to do that then they must have noticed the bad collision detection first.

And there's no manual replay function, is that just because its the demo or is it completely not in the game? Must say for a modern sport title it's pretty much unforgivable to not have manual replays.

I'm hoping for FNR4 that we'll be able to reply and upload (ala Fifa) some good knockouts, flurries, etc. etc. would be really cool.

That said, at least it's not as bad as prizefigher, in that dog shite of a game you could throw a punch, miss the opponent, but then as the fist is being pulled back it hits the opponent and knocks him out, shockingly bad game, and to think they paid Don King $1m for his license, he may be detritus but he sure knows how to make money for old shite.

Got a lot better at this now with Shogun. Its great when you learn all his advantages over Chuck. his close elbows are lethal!

Yukes done a much better job on this then I thought they would. the striking feels great and so do submissions although it looks like there is no flash submissions. Unless the fighter is low on stamina it seems you cannot get a tap out.

I rememeber UFC on the Dreamcast had flash submissions plus Fire Pro Wrestling and KOC allow flash critical submissions.

Also no position from the back on stand up so no german suplexes or choke sleepers. :(

Still it is a great demo so I am buying it no doubt!

loving the demo, im a massive UFC fan anyway, cant wait for the full version, I will be using Diego The Nightmare Sanchez when i get it, legend

Im waiting for the reviews to drop but theirs a good chance I'll get this. Im playing the demo everday on multiplayer.

I'm gonna get this for sure anyway but yah it'll be interesting to see what scores the reviewers give it as well.

p.s. Yah the collision detect system lets you down big at times. Don't know if they've had time to fix it or at least make it better since the demo but if not, it's one of the few faults I've seen with the game.

this is a fun game and allot better than i thought it was going to be, but things that let it down for me are

no flash submissions, like you can do flash KO, the strikers seems to be favored in that respect and bjj fighters will possibly be at a disadvantage. i.e you can't seem to sub the guys early on like you can knock them out, it is far to easy to escape submissions and virtually impossible to sub early on, where a striker can end a fight in an instant

http://www.undisputedonline.net/

You can join a camp and train online to work out strategies for your upcoming fights. Then when it's the real fight night you meet up online have the fight then the website updates your rankings and so on.

Sounds pretty promising.

Last edited:
Looks good, May open a Online thread closer to release date to see if how much interest their is for online tourny's

Yeah i said that a bit a go, ill do a 360 one :)

I might join that site as well and see if i can become the champ :LOL:

I managed to knee Chuck in the face today as he ducked down trying to take my legs out from under me - he came running forwards at me, ducked forward and I did the jumping knee and fucking killed him. Honestly, I caught him right on the button.
He had dominated me the whole match as well and it was halfway through the 3rd and final round which I KO'd him so I was made up because I was going to lose on points.

there's not many games that engross me while i'm playing, but this does, especially later on in the fight when you know any punch/kick could finish it. (obviously a fight can finish at any time, but there is more chance the longer the fight goes on).

i really like the different styles of fighting, i'm looking forward to trying them and choosing the ones i prefer for my created fighter.

I'm just hoping the full game has a bit of a better balance for the fighters otherwise online will be crowded full of strikers who can win with a big punch at any time and the submission artists only hope will be to drag the fight out to the 3rd rounds and hope their opponent has tired themselves out enough to tap.

I'm just hoping the full game has a bit of a better balance for the fighters otherwise online will be crowded full of strikers who can win with a big punch at any time and the submission artists only hope will be to drag the fight out to the 3rd rounds and hope their opponent has tired themselves out enough to tap.

If there are loads of strikers ill just take it to the ground and if they like the ground game ill keep it standing :)

That's what i like about this, it not just a straight forward fighting game. There is a bit of strategy involved so the first round may well be a "feeling out" round so you can find your best plan of action and the fact that if you make a mistake even if your doing very well you can get beat so your always on your toes so to speak

I'm not in to UFC but this game is pretty good. I managed to kick the ref in the ribs and Liddell countered with knocking me out. Pretty funny moment.

If there are loads of strikers ill just take it to the ground and if they like the ground game ill keep it standing :)

That's what i like about this, it not just a straight forward fighting game. There is a bit of strategy involved so the first round may well be a "feeling out" round so you can find your best plan of action and the fact that if you make a mistake even if your doing very well you can get beat so your always on your toes so to speak

But strikers can knock you out in the first round with a lucky punch but it's near impossible to make them tap out in the first. You can counter everything but there's no balance in terms of how effective submissions are against striking.

I'm hoping the full finished game is changed from a Subs point of view compared to the demo but even if it hasn't just getting them on the floor and ground and pounding them is good enough for me :)

I didn't realise how affective GNP was till recently because i was only looking for the mount all the time

Last edited:
Yeah, like you say you CAN counter everything so if they're on the attack a lot you can just back off and as they throw a kick forward into thin air you just dive forwards and take their legs out from under them and then click the stick in and hammer the buttons.

Humans online will be different to the ai as well so maybe submissions will be easier as humans will tire themselves out much quicker than the AI as they fail to keep an eye on their stamina (if they have the hud on). Even if they do have it on, an AI opponent will know not to attack and attack when its low and rest to let it fill back but a human will always have the 'one more punch' or the 'i think i can reach him with a kick' attitude which will leave them wide open.

Back
Top Bottom