Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

Are you getting this then Rad?

PS3 or 360 if you are?

It'll be on the PS3 if I buy it as I don't have a 360 anymore. I enjoy the demo a lot but I'd like to hear more on the career and how the game plays with other fighters before I fully commit.

This game has got me right back into watching UFC. Had bloody loads on BT Vision until (of course) I wanted to start watching it again at the weekend and only found UFC 97.

Shite, didnt realise Lidell got his ass handed to him by Rua so badly... he is right to jack it in, he looked a shadow of his former self.

Gagging to watch some more now - think '98 is on at the end of the month...

Yeah UFC 98 is on May 23rd

PRELIM CARD:
* Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson
* Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
* Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover
* Andre Gusmao vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
* Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
* David Kaplan vs. George Roop

PPV CARD:
* Xavier Foupa-Pokam vs. Drew McFedries
* Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen
* Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk
* Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
* UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT: Rashad Evans © vs. Lyoto Machida

Where the hell is Tito Ortiz these days anyway - and Frank Shamrock... :LOL:

I'm working on a website for a guy at the moment who teaches MMA and his school is now affiliated with Royce Gracie and he was over at the weekend kicking their asses - must have been cool...

Where the hell is Tito Ortiz these days anyway - and Frank Shamrock... :LOL:

I'm working on a website for a guy at the moment who teaches MMA and his school is now affiliated with Royce Gracie and he was over at the weekend kicking their asses - must have been cool...

Frank Shamrock fought not long ago for Strikeforce against Nick Diaz

Dunno why they let Diaz go he's looked very good lately

Diaz has always been good, doesn't have alot of respect for people but it got people interested in his fights, i think he shown the same lack of respect to Dana, which is why he got released once his contract ended

i remember after he had a fight with joe rigs, they both ended up in the same hospital where the fight continued lol, just the kind of guy he is, talks allot of shit but will back it up. His fight with robbie lawler was fun to watch

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/full-joe-riggs-vs-nick-diaz-hospital-fight-story-481579/

Frank shamrock was one of the real stars back in the day and he knew how to market himself, and he knew fighters were putting allot on the line for little money, especially back then- he was the champ looking for more money, and he went out the champ because dana and the ufc would not bow down to him - long story short him and dana really hate eachother

tito, similar situation as frank really

Last edited:
i was in stitches the other night, we played this team where every outfield player was a created player, all about 7 foot tall but then there was the smallest guy you could ever see and he was running around at 100mph, it was as if he was playing with his older brothers. i just couldn't stop laughing when i saw him

but the reality is, it is a big glitch since ultimate team has come out, you can use created players for clubs it seems, and if everyone finds this out, you will be playing people with 99 stats as those people deffo did, the midget was super fast

funny tho

I managed to KO Chuck twice last night on advanced.

The first time I took him out was in the first round in 24 seconds with a running knee attack. We hadn't really done anything to each other at all in the fight, he threw a few punches and I threw some but we both missed each other. Then i attempted the knee and it knocked him right out.

So I did a rematch and as soon as the bell rang I attempted a running knee and missed him, then I jabbed at Chucks face with a 1 2 punch combo and the first punch knocked him out cold (and my second punch in the combo hit him again as he fell down). It was something like 8 seconds into the round.

I guess when your choosing your fighters your gonna have to check there stats before you do to see what game plan your gonna go with

For instance you cant power out of submissions with Rua or Chuck so you will look at the power stat if there is one for that and if you wanna sub someone its most likely they will needs low sub defence stat's if Liddel is anything to go by

Only a week away till we get the Evo-Web Cage fighting tournament on the go :)

i'm really enjoying playing on advanced, but i seem to win too often for my liking with both fighters. when i put it on expert i can stand my ground as shogun, but usually get knocked out, when playing as chuck i constantly lose due to submission. i reckon a bit of practice is needed to jump to the expert level.

my best KO so far, while playing as shogun on advanced it was half way through the second round. i did a lunging left hook followed by a right elbow, which knocked chuck to the floor, but because he was close to the edge of the octagon i had time to hit him with a strong left hook while he was going down. this put him in the fetal position where i ended the fight with GnP. i was getting my arse handed to me aswell, which made it all the sweeter.

bring on he 22nd!

i was playing this multiplayer the other night with mates who had never played it before, they beat me a few times from big punches (usually they were chuck) but when i used a bit of strategy, clinches, ground game i wiped the floor with them. i think it's great that you have to use a stategy to beat someone, but there is also the chance of flash knockouts!

i was in stitches the other night, we played this team where every outfield player was a created player, all about 7 foot tall but then there was the smallest guy you could ever see and he was running around at 100mph, it was as if he was playing with his older brothers. i just couldn't stop laughing when i saw him

but the reality is, it is a big glitch since ultimate team has come out, you can use created players for clubs it seems, and if everyone finds this out, you will be playing people with 99 stats as those people deffo did, the midget was super fast

funny tho

Wrong thread :FAIL:

;)

This USB Capture Card in S-Video
http://www.amazon.com/Gamebridge-AVC-1400-USB-Cnct-Xbox/dp/B000DLBAFU

Though I only paid about £14 for it 2 years ago. At the time I only had a laptop to hand so I couldn't buy a real capturing card.

I did the above video in movie Maker last night and set the publish options to HD. I'll have to try that other program out and see if it makes smaller file sizes or improves the image.

Back
Top Bottom