UK Internet Provider

12494358.png

Over 1MB speeds on 3G on my iPhone!!!

100Mbit has finally reached Uppsala, as I'm month to month rather than 12month contract I have to buy the required modem myself (500Sek or £43) but the actual monthly subscription is only 40Sek (£3.44) more than my current 50Mbit monthly subscription :)

Top three reasons why Sweden is the best country in the world to live in:

3. No chav culture due to drinking age being 20, alcohol being expensive and the only place to buy alcohol >3% being the state run Systembolaget.

2. Everyone speaks English.

620153913.png

3227424.png

Does anbody have 02 broadband I can get up to 20mb for £9 because I have an 02 mobile phone.

But I need to know how good it is for gaming? are people having many problems?

What problems are there for going with 02?

Cheers :DD

I'm on their 8mb since my line was only eligible for max 7mb. There's meant to be a number you can text and they tell you what your maximum speed is, so you know what package you can use. Its been ok so far, quite stable connection and few lag problems.

The deal itself is good since its the first 3 months off.

I'm on their 8mb since my line was only eligible for max 7mb. There's meant to be a number you can text and they tell you what your maximum speed is, so you know what package you can use. Its been ok so far, quite stable connection and few lag problems.

The deal itself is good since its the first 3 months off.

Yeah 02 say I can get 18megs. But on the bt site it says I can only get 9megs.

But for £9 whatever, I might aswell get the 20meg one and see.

Cool, Think I will go for it if you say it is ok for gaming Stef then it must be! :DD

You also get 30days to try it out, which is also handy ;))

You also get 30days to try it out, which is also handy ;))
For 30 days you'll be amazed that the connection never drops and the speed doesn't fall even at peak times, and you'll have reps ringing you every day to remind you of how beautiful you look in a sombrero. On the 31st day you won't be able to log on and three days later you'll get through to someone who keeps saying "MR POPPYCOX, MR POPPYCOX, OF LINDON? CORRECT? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR MICROWAVE?"

;)

Last edited:
For 30 days you'll be amazed that the connection never drops and the speed doesn't fall even at peak times, and you'll have reps ringing you every day to remind you of how beautiful you look in a sombrero. On the 31st day you won't be able to log on and three days later you'll get through to someone who keeps saying "MR POPPYCOX, MR POPPYCOX, OF LINDON? CORRECT? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR MICROWAVE?"

;)
:SHOCK:

Anybody got the 50mb fibre optic virgin internet?

Do you get 50mb?

Any problems with gaming? do virgin fuck you over at peak times?

Just tested my 50mb... Bear in mind that this is from my upstairs PC so is connected through wifi, which I think is capped at 25mb, and is at a peak time...

I'll log on to my downstairs machine later on (which is connected directly to the router) and test that. If it's the same I'm going to complain!

Wow, nice! I need to sort out mine actually, sposed to be on 16mb I think, but usually get about 6mb :((.

Just done a test now, which isn't even a peak time and it's 5 down and 0.5 up. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Well all companies are saying the maxiumum possible for me is 6mb:(

Its ridiculous isn't it in this day and age!

I live right smack bang in the middle of london and I might be able to get 18megs. But it looks like only 9megs!

In south korea you can get 1000meg or something stupid for the equivelent of £3.50!!

They really need to stop screwing us over!!!

On 02 and AOL said I wouldn't get over 6meg or something like that when i left them.....tossers.

Back
Top Bottom