UK Internet Provider

Details of every email sent and website visited by people in Britain are to be stored for use by the state from tomorrow as part of what campaigners claim is a massive assault on privacy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...Internet-records-to-be-stored-for-a-year.html

Big Brother state getting bigger :JAY:

What my ISP said they are doing.

As part of the EU directive that came into force today, email header logs are being held by us for 12 months. DNS traffic is held by our upstream provider.

Queries for this data must be made via Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA), so only yourself can get your direct logs for tracking of faults, but other than that a formal request must be made via RIPA rules. We can also refuse to provide information without a RIPA request.

As part of the rules we not allowed to tell you how we are storing this data, what we storing or if any requests for your data has been made via a RIPA request.

Last edited:
I love the quote in the BBC News article about it where someone said they had to "stretch the law" to get the motion passed (marvellous how they can do that when they want to isn't it), and also that it's being done to "fight terrorism" (how many more times are they going to use that as an excuse).

It's out of order but nothing surprises me any more, in-fact the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was that they say they won't be storing the body of an email, only the sender and the recipient. But I wonder how long that will last before they change their minds and "further step-up the fight against terrorism".

Last edited:
Sky have been upgrading the Max service this week, my line has seen a bit of an increase :COOL:

I actually got ahead of myself, my line hasn't been upgraded, most people cant take advantage of it because their phone line cant' handle.

However I did call Sky and they said that we were supposed to be getting between 8 and 16mb on our line. When we first signed up a year ago we were told 3.5mb max.

I did some tweaking and our line is a bit faster now, it does vary though.

Last edited:
Looks like Virgin got around to upgrading us

531246327.png

Anyone use O2 Broadband? I move into a new place in September and will need to get some kind of broadband in there, preferably with a decent speed, cheap and easy-going with their usage policy.

O2 looks like a pretty good deal as my mobile is on O2 so I should be able to get 20meg for less than £10 a month.

He should phone them and blast them, that's horrible.

:LOL:

To be fair I don't know what speed he should be getting...

I'll bet my iPhone Internet tethering to laptop would be as fast as that. I'll test it later and post it.

I saw the gadget show last night - In south Korea Seoul 90% of the population has broadband between 50-100mb.

Their translator had 1000mb! for under a tenner a month??!!!!

So why the fuck am I on 4mb!!! fucking retards, they really need to sort this shit out!

I saw the gadget show last night - In south Korea Seoul 90% of the population has broadband between 50-100mb.

Their translator had 1000mb! for under a tenner a month??!!!!

So why the fuck am I on 4mb!!! fucking retards, they really need to sort this shit out!
That's the UK for you we've gone back wards as a nation for the last 30 or so years...:RANT:

Back
Top Bottom