UK Internet Provider

I just phoned up Sky and complained that I was only getting speeds of around 512. (I'm paying for up to 16mb)

They said they would look into it.

I have checked the speed today and it's 8MB.

Very strange.

I hate Sky, the rip off merchants...
:censor:
Yep, when I tried to terminate the contract with Sky (TV) the guy on the phone asked why, I said "because it's too much bloody money", he said "well we can knock £10 off per month for the next three months if that will keep you with us"...

I said "no, sorry, it's still too much money", he said "£15 a month for six months?" - at that point I couldn't resist. So (at the time, this is years ago) I was getting Sky, half price, for six months. Which shows that they could reduce the price if they wanted to.

After those six months I rang up and cancelled, as if I'd pay half price and then go back up to full price willingly.

Last edited:
I was with Virgin but we moved in April and at the time Virgin were not in our new area so we had no choice but to go with Sky, two weeks later a pamlet is dropped through out letter box saying that there in our area.

I miss Virgin a lot but we stuck in a 12 month contract, we also never got to experince our free upgrade to 10mb from Virgin.

Depends on where you live with Virgin if your on UBR thats oversubscribed then your in for not nice time speed going to be crap and no where near 20mb. But on other hand it can be all good well if you can live with traffic shaping imo its rather harsh now and leaves alot to be desired.

As for TV Sky HD > Virgin think Virgin only have BBC HD shocking. :LOL:

As for V+ box i havnt owned it myself but from what i gather its regarded clumsy to Sky+ and Sky HD.

After hearing about Be on here, I had a look and now I am thinking of getting the Be Value package - It looks good and seems to do everything I need. Should I get it?

I am with www.fast.co.uk at the moment, they have been good but the speed has been slow/inconsistent, it has a download limit and it's quite expensive.

im with orange its 22 pound a month speeds 8 to 12 meg depending on coverage with unlimited Downloads...not bad free modem(livebox) with multipul ethernet slots so i got pc laptop and xbox 360 set up and each has 8 meg speeds, so no loss of connection no matter how many u use its great---bit strange how they take payments tho there is no direct debit set up, but when they need the payment they set it up then take money then cancel it lol, weird

Get Be... we can both get a month off ;))
I'll get back to you about it - I am in the process of convincing my parents to switch to Be ;).

Same/faster speed
Much cheaper (£8/14 compared to £20 per month)
1 month free
No download limit (compared to 15gb limit on current package)

What reason is there not to? :DD

BT picks fast fibre pilot sites

Residents of Muswell Hill, in London, and Whitchurch, in South Wales, are to be the first to try next generation broadband in the UK.

Exchanges in both areas are to become pilot sites where the fibre-based broadband will be tested.

Once they are upgraded, home users should be able to go online at speeds of up to 40 megabits per second (Mbps).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7667761.stm

Back
Top Bottom