UEFA EURO 2016 France / Tournament schedule in 1. post

Re: Road to UEFA Euro 2016 France

portugal17.gif

6 Games to go.

Spain cant lose tonight in Ukraine .....with the reserve team...against a pumped up Ukraine

also hoping for Sweeden to gets qualified. i wanna see Ibra at an international competition for once more

Congrats to Albania, just qualifyed for the first time

urime Shqipe , congrats :D

great celebration all over Albania , and today they comeback in Albania where thousand's persons waited them in Capital!

best day in football since Istanbul 2005!

12107767_1004408676278645_6950925546697974041_n.jpg

Spain cant lose tonight in Ukraine .....with the reserve team...against a pumped up Ukraine

also hoping for Sweeden to gets qualified. i wanna see Ibra at an international competition for once more

+ another impossible result could screw us over at last. if Kazahstan can win in Latvia + Turkey can defeat Iceland at the same time

We finally were able to get tickets for a Belgium match. Today Belgium play Israël. If our national team win this, they become number 1 on the FIFA ranking. Is this the best national team in the world? Not at all. But it would be quite a feature for a litle country like Belgium...

Since this is a match against Israël and since we have a government that like to scare his citizens, this is seem as a high risk match were suïcide terrorists might strike. As a result this is a maximum security match. Weeks before the match we had to give our name and late deliver a photocopy of our identity card (with an unique code for every Belgian citizen). When we finally got our ticket, it was personalized. Guess how? There was a post-it on it with our names...maximum security? My ass...

Our FA and our government haven't learned anything from the Heysel drama, we don't deserve to have the (supposedly) best national team in the world.

There is alos a lot to do about Kompany playing or not for this supposedly useless qualifying match. To me it is very simple. Kompany has to play. We pay a lot of money for this match and we deserve to see the best team. On top of that this isn't a useless match since we can become the number one in the world. And while we are the first to recongnize that the FIFA ranking is a joke, it still means a lot to us, even for internal political reasons.

Kompany has understood this and he wants to play at all costs...

Last edited:

If he gets injured his standing among plenty of City fans will take a hit, esp after the injuries sustained this week. He knows his body better than anyone but it wouldn't be the first time he has rushed back

Lets hope if he does get injured Wilmots pays his wages

Last edited:

If he gets injured his standing among plenty of City fans will take a hit, esp after the injuries sustained this week. He knows his body better than anyone but it wouldn't be the first time he has rushed back

Lets hope if he does get injured Wilmots pays his wages

It's his country and if he feels like representing them then he has the right to do so without thinking about who pays his wages. Not everything is about money. If City fans can't respect that then it's an insult to him and where he comes from.

I wonder what City fans would think if from now on City would only buy players that aren't good enough to play for their national teams.
This would even be impossible, because foreign players only get a work permit in England if they have played a minimum amount of international matches.
It is very easy to blame Kompany or Wilmots. The fact is that City with all their money have no decent back-up for some of their key players. Komapny is the only half decent CB they havc, just like Aguëro is the only good (exceptionally good) striker they have. Even a very good player like Dzeko wasn't seen as good enough.

Why is this an issue now?

30 years ago there rarely were clubs with a concentration of international players like now. At a world cup there are clubs that have 15 players in different national squads. This is the flip side of being powerfull enough to buy all these stars, and thus a luxury problem not worth complaining about.

It is hard to be a fan of these big clubs...

You're right, it's not about money, besides FIFA pay out a %, it was a go at Wilmots for calling him up.

Not talking about all players on international duty, I'm talking about Kompany - he hasn't played for over a month and Belgium just take him. It's not right and when it's the other way around the club gets punished with a ban

The 'it's luxury not worth complaining about' line goes both ways, why do Belgium need Kompany to risk injury when they're such a high ranked team (again, playing in what is essentially a dead rubber), they have other CBs not coming back from over a month injured (plus the recurring injuries of the last 12 months)

Doesn't matter to Belgium because they aren't the ones who suffer the fallout if the pointless risk doesn't work out. If he tweaks it chances are he'll recover in time for their next game.

I never moaned about Aguero or Silva or any of the other players being called up, I'm happy for every City player to play for their country, but then they weren't injured.

If Euro qualification rested on beating Israel I could at least understand.

Last edited:

the rubber isnt dead, belgium need a win to win the group, and israel can still qualify

+ another impossible result could screw us over at last. if Kazahstan can win in Latvia + Turkey can defeat Iceland at the same time

lol that would be funny as fuck but i think you'l be alrite.

also england 10 wins form 10 games, we so fluent when rooney isn't playing, barkley was ace in these last 2 games. it's a decent quali record but we aint gonna win the tournament though, semi-final is our limit imo.

and who would think that northern ireland and iceland could win their group, its crazy, interested to see how they get on in euro '16, also im impressed with austria's record.

r u fucking kidding me now?
justwondering how much money some Latvian player got to lose this game against a team who havent won anything in 5 years. that goal was absurd aswell, the keeper would've easily reach that ball if he wanted to

Last edited:

hahaha glorious nation of kazakhstan, they have ruined you mate, well at-least you entering the play-offs though..

Good thing the Netherlands didn't qualify. Yes they be had tons of injuries (to the point of it being absurd)but even then they surely should've qualified considering the number of countries being able to qualify was expanded.
I say good in that they needed a major shakeup. Its sad the likes of RvP, Robben, Huntelaar and Sneijder may never see another major tournament but the team has been horribly unbalanced for a while. Van Gaal recognized the issues and by using un-Dutch like tactics and a shining Robben got further in the WC than the team probably deserved.

They need to start building an entirely new team now or those WC qualifiers will come too soon.

Had a great evening.
Good match from our devils against a very weak Israël.

Number 1 of the world...for what's it worth (not much to be honest), but boy did we enjoy it with a great party and fireworks...will it ever get better than this?

I'm afraid not.

Oh and Kompany played for about an hour and was taken off uninjured...

That is such a weird coincidence, that it can't be a coincidence. Must be psychological.

And Germany, as usual, is the exception :D

probably those teams peaked and then declined...

time for Netherlands to refresh for WC qualifications after EURO...

The draw:
Norway v Hungary: 12 & 15 November
Bosnia and Herzegovina v Republic of Ireland: 13 & 16 November
Ukraine v Slovenia: 14* & 17 November
Sweden v Denmark: 14 & 17 November

All kick-offs 20.45CET except *18.00CET (Ukraine v Slovenia first leg)

Draw notes
• Ukraine have yet to beat Slovenia in four games – two draws and two defeats – and lost out to Slovenia in the play-offs for a place at UEFA EURO 2000.
• Sweden and Denmark have met 104 times, Sweden winning 45 matches and Denmark 40. Sweden were the only side to beat Denmark in their glorious EURO '92 finals campaign.
• Bosnia and Herzeogivna's only previous encounter with Ireland was a 2012 friendly fixture in Dublin, Aiden McGeady scoring the only goal in a 1-0 victory for the Irish.
• Hungary have won six and lost five of their 16 meetings with Norway. They are without a win in nine games against the Norwegians since a 4-1 success in Budapest in 1981.

Not happy about Sweden v Denmark and Ukraine v Slovenia. Wanted both Sweden and Denmark to advance, but well.

Ukraine should be interesting if they manage to go through....

i hope Zlatan wins something for Sweden, not being on World cup....

The draw:
Norway v Hungary: 12 & 15 November
Bosnia and Herzegovina v Republic of Ireland: 13 & 16 November
Ukraine v Slovenia: 14* & 17 November
Sweden v Denmark: 14 & 17 November

All kick-offs 20.45CET except *18.00CET (Ukraine v Slovenia first leg)

Draw notes
• Ukraine have yet to beat Slovenia in four games – two draws and two defeats – and lost out to Slovenia in the play-offs for a place at UEFA EURO 2000.
• Sweden and Denmark have met 104 times, Sweden winning 45 matches and Denmark 40. Sweden were the only side to beat Denmark in their glorious EURO '92 finals campaign.
• Bosnia and Herzeogivna's only previous encounter with Ireland was a 2012 friendly fixture in Dublin, Aiden McGeady scoring the only goal in a 1-0 victory for the Irish.
• Hungary have won six and lost five of their 16 meetings with Norway. They are without a win in nine games against the Norwegians since a 4-1 success in Budapest in 1981.

sad to see so many disrespectful news from Norway media. we are the weakest of the bunch but they should be polite and respect their opponent. exception proves the rule ofcourse...

but this is just good for us

Back
Top Bottom