UEFA EURO 2016 France / Tournament schedule in 1. post

Re: Road to UEFA Euro 2016 France

it wasn't enough that we had to play with empty stands yesterday because of what our "fans" did at San Siro, now we have this
twitter.jpg

Just when you think people here can't do nothing worse they somehow get new ideas to bring that bar just that much higher :CURSE:

finally Justice has com :WORSHIP:

http://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-i...med-to-have-been-forfeited-by-serbia-0-3.html

FOOTBALL: The CAS rejects the appeal filed by the Serbian FA, upholds in part the appeal filed by the Albanian FA: the match Serbia-Albania is deemed to have been forfeited by Serbia (0-3)

10.07.2015 11:49 Age: 5 min
Lausanne, 10 July 2015 – The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) issued its decisions today in two appeal arbitration procedures arising from the UEFA European Championship qualifying Group I match between Serbia and Albania in Belgrade on 14 October 2014 (the Match).

The Football Association of Albania (FAA) and the Football Association of Serbia (FAS) filed appeals at the CAS against decisions issued by UEFA Appeals Body in which both associations were disciplined further to incidents which occurred during the Match. The matter was heard at hearings which took place in Lausanne, Switzerland, on 16 and 17 April 2015. The parties, their legal counsel, experts and witnesses were heard by the Panel of CAS arbitrators in charge of each procedure.

The CAS has partially upheld the appeal filed by the FAA against the decision of the UEFA Appeals Body taken on 2 December 2014, in which the decision taken by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (UEFA CEDB) on 23 October 2014 was confirmed.

Pursuant to the UEFA decisions, the awarding of a forfeit against the FAA was based on the purported refusal of the Albanian team to resume the match after it was stopped by the referee at the 41st minute when a number of flares were thrown on the pitch by Serbian fans. During this stoppage, several incidents occurred and in particular around 15 Serbian fans invaded the pitch and violently attacked the Albanian players.

However, the CAS Panel found that the evidence did not reveal that the FAA refused to play following an order issued by the referee. The CAS Panel was unable to ascertain to its comfortable satisfaction that the referee issued a clear, direct and unconditional order to the players to resume the match on the basis of a definite decision that safety had been assured.

The Panel found that the match stoppage and the eventual abandonment of the match were caused by security lapses of the organizers and acts of violence exerted on the Albanian players by the Serbian fans and at least one security steward. As such, the Panel holds that the Football Association of Serbia (FAS) and not the FAA must be considered as responsible for the match not being played in full, in violation of Article 27.01 of the Regulations of the UEFA European Football Championship 2014-2016. In light of this finding, the CAS Panel has decided that the UEFA European Championship qualifying Group I match between Serbia and Albania be deemed to have been forfeited by the FAS by the score of 0:3.

The CAS went on to find, in line with UEFA, that the FAA was responsible for the drone operated during the match, carrying a banner depicting Albanian nationalistic and patriotic symbols, and confirmed the fine of EUR 100,000 imposed on the FAA.

Furthermore, with respect to the appeal filed by the FAS, the CAS has dismissed the appeal and confirmed the decision taken by the UEFA Appeals Body on 2 December 2014. Accordingly, the sanctions ordered by the UEFA CEDB in its decision dated 23 October 2014 are confirmed, namely: (i) the FAS is deducted three points for the current UEFA European Championship qualifiers; (ii) the FAS is ordered to play its next two UEFA competition matches as host team behind closed doors; and (iii) the FAS is fined EUR 100,000.

The arbitral awards will be published on the CAS website in due course.

for that swastika on the pitch in match against Italy UEFA took 1 point from us, fined our football federation with 100k € and we have to play 2 home matches with empty stands.

Personally, I was expecting much more severe penalty.

Iceland with an easy win over The Netherlands. Basic stuff.

Sure w/e dude a red card what was not even red and why martins indi get red and sigthorsson a yellow ? and a panelty that was not even a panelty the Spanish ref did really weired things in this game.....(Depay get a push and the dude get a yellow card and no free kick??? but a corner kick

Sure w/e dude a red card what was not even red and why martins indi get red and sigthorsson a yellow ? and a panelty that was not even a panelty the Spanish ref did really weired things in this game.....(Depay get a push and the dude get a yellow card and no free kick??? but a corner kick

I know that the Dutch team has a coach Blind and a player called Blind but are you actually blind??? Martins Indi got sent off for swinging his arm into Kolbeinsson's face. Kolbeinsson got a yellow for the shirt pulling just before. I haven't seen anyone defend Martins Indi and in fact both coach Blind and Robben called his actions dumb and unprofessional.

Also, the penalty was as clear cut as they get. No contact on the ball. Player just chopped down.

Last edited:

Scotland have blew it, look like the only Home Nation side not to get to Euro 2016.

Done actually not too bad, but when it mattered most, Scotland did their usual.

Mind you I'm still aghast at the group we got compared to Wales and N.Ireland, it's laughable.

FD

Another six points after two very bad matches...we are saved by Courtois, De Bruyne, Hazard (every match good for a goal, but besides that perhaps the worst player)and Fellaini (he keeps on scoring).

We win matches, but don't deserve it.

IMHO Wilmots is tactically inept.

Iceland reached Euro 2016 last night, first ever big tournament for the
mens team. One of 3 teams which have already qualified, and in a group with Czech Republic, Holland and Turkey. May still win the group as well (although I suspect, with qualification being out of the way, the last two games will be more relaxed for us).

Thank you. It's been pretty crazy, 4 years ago we were in 122nd place on the Fifa List. Now we are 23rd, one place above France.

Can't wait to actually be able to play Iceland in PES! We were in Fifa ages ago but since then it has been a wasteland.

my sincere congrats to iceland, what a pleasent surprise to see you there. well deserved qualification.

i will support you allong my country if we qualify..

Iceland has show everyone that even with talent from a small country, you can do miracles.

What a result for Northern Ireland tonight 3-1 vs Greece 20 points qualified for Euro 16 and top of group, played some lovely football ,France here we come. Hard luck Scotland but really hope Wales can also make it through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usHBf1R8zg0

so currently we are the best 3rd #dontjinxit

A, if we get more points against Greece then Romania gets against Faroes Islands, we are 2nd....Faroes Islands is a pain in the ass btw, can see them being almost like Iceland in 4-5 years

B, we dont have the 2nd place but

- Spain beats the Ukraine or draws with it at least...sadly there is no stake for the spanish team now

Last edited:

What a result for Northern Ireland tonight 3-1 vs Greece 20 points qualified for Euro 16 and top of group, played some lovely football ,France here we come. Hard luck Scotland but really hope Wales can also make it through.

Congrats!

Great result, congratulations Northern Ireland. Hope Wales and Ireland go through too...

Thank you. It's been pretty crazy, 4 years ago we were in 122nd place on the Fifa List. Now we are 23rd, one place above France.

Can't wait to actually be able to play Iceland in PES! We were in Fifa ages ago but since then it has been a wasteland.

I will surely sound pretty ignorant, but the only player I know from Iceland is Gudjohnsen. I'm not really updated on the current team :EMB:

I think Sigurdsson is Icelandic...

Well done Wales :APPLAUD:was watching the game good to see another small Country like Northern Ireland make it to the finals. Biggest surprise Iceland qualifying, population 329,100 that's a heck of an achievement.

Last edited:

Well done to all the "smaller" football countries for qualifying :)

Back
Top Bottom