UEFA Euro 2008

Re: Euro 2008 Details

Easy there guys. It sounds to me like EA are just improving response times and making the game a bit faster (which tbh it needs).
Yes I agree it need responsiveness sorted and a slight speed increase but not too much.... I dont want another World Cup 2006 which was complete bollocks!

@Nick...I really dont know what to say, I think most of us were once PES Fan Boys. Yes you also slagged off FIFA to start with.

It would be good to have more than 2 commentators in a game. So one match you get Andy Gray and Martin Tyler, another you get Ian Darke and Alan Smith, or a combination of above etc.

They did that in World Cup 98, you had Gary Lineker and Des Lynam doing the intros, and a combination of John Motson, Chris Waddle, Mark Lawrenson and someone else doing the main commentary. You even had Kenneth Wolstenhome doing the classic match commentary.

In fairness it would be fucking fantastic.

Fingers crossed for Motty :D

Please NO! Who remembers FIFA (I think it was 2000, the one which came with a "scratch and sniff" disc and was supposed to smell like a football pitch) on the PS One? If your GK was tested Motson would say "The 'keeper will be reaching for his valium after that effort!"

DODGY! :lol:

Last edited:
It would be good to have more than 2 commentators in a game. So one match you get Andy Gray and Martin Tyler, another you get Ian Darke and Alan Smith, or a combination of above etc.
I have ALWAYS wanted that! Tyler/Gray for some matches and Darke/Gray for other matches! I dont think Alan Smith can commentate to save his life.... he is FAR too Arsenal Biased.
Sort out the gameplay though first and foremost EA.. then them Hurrendous player models and facial details!

Nah csaunders I dont think it is..... Some really daft comments and remixed comments from the Brackley Brooking era! Its not that great I dont think mate.

i dont know, for a ps2 game i liked it, like when your down in the 70th minute they talk about it... and they dont seem to have the usualy bugs, like when someone makes a bad shot and they annoucnce it five touches later..

Got to say, this year (apart from Lawro sounding like a zombie who's been woken up at three in the morning by a spoon to the head), I prefer the commentary in PES.

For one reason only too. Go and put FIFA in, select Leeds United. Play five games in a row.

What do they say, 30 minutes in, every single game? "Can you pick out Leeds as the favourite here? Obviously we have a high interest in them." "No Martin, I just can't see it, it's going to be a tight match."

Every single time, without fail, every single game. If that doesn't completely ruin the commentary for someone who supports Leeds then I don't know what does. Imagine how repetitive that is going to get, and how quickly you're going to be turning the commentary off.

Even the stuff about every single advantage the referee plays, "we should be seeing more of that, keep the game alive!"... Oh God, shut up. Shut up now.

Yes the commentary is weak in terms of repetition & application (as in poorly implemented due to shoddy game design) but the actual "acting" of the voice work is superior IMO.

In the case of Peter Brackley v Martin Tyler I wouldn't say there was much in it, certainly not enough to favour one over the other (bar Tyler's reputation). In the case of Mark Lawrenson (who I was really looking forward to hearing) v Andy Gray (who I can't stand)... No contest.

They might as well have used Steven Hawking's voicebox, they would have got the same amount of emotion from it. Very disappointing. What I don't understand is that Lawro was in World Cup 98 and he was spot on, what happened?

What about when playing as/against Chelsea then?!

"Shaun Wright-Phillips, a real bundle of energy."

Arrrrrgh!

:lol:

Lets wait for the Dynamic Commentary :) new commentary downloaded to your 360 so you will hardly ever hear the same comments twice!
dj its so possible, i mean they havent even tapped into the power of these machines... and the cool things they could do... im kinda of dissapointed in the next gen so far to be honest... except for NBA 2k8 :)

dj its so possible, i mean they havent even tapped into the power of these machines... and the cool things they could do... im kinda of dissapointed in the next gen so far to be honest... except for NBA 2k8 :)
I am wondering if you are the same csaunders :) you seem to agree with most of the things I write.

I 100% agree with your post too. Next Gen so far is nothing but a buzz word. I havent seen much to say "WOW!! ive not seen that done before" Its sorta current gen and a bit in High Definition and thats about it. I seriously hope EA make some decent changes for this game. I really do.

"The unmistakeable Ronaldinho."

Why, because he is an ugly fucker with goofy teeth? Very harsh Martin.

Back
Top Bottom