UEFA Euro 2008

Few things i hope to get fixed in euro 08:
-added filter when you can set up for expample only manual controls in online matches.
-better goalkeeper on crosses (goalkeeper should also be more aggresive when you press triangle)
-Crosses,crosses, crosses ... now 90% of goals are scored from crosses. This can be very frustrating. Defensive players should be able to clear most of the crosses like in real match.
-Fixex player switching (now there are situations when you just cant switch to any player- mostly from corners)
-response times
-manual GK

I still enjoy playing fifa 08 but it could get really frustrated if you get to play some online dude who does nothing but crosses.

This is all i can think of right now from gameplay aspect.

Yea, I definately do. And I know others who do too. You know when you get a complete cunt in a random ranker on FIFA, all they do is pass it to C Ronaldo and sprint down the wings, then cutback for a goal. Every time.

Yea, I definately do. And I know others who do too. You know when you get a complete cunt in a random ranker on FIFA, all they do is pass it to C Ronaldo and sprint down the wings, then cutback for a goal. Every time.

i dont let them or try not too.. but thats what he does in real life... and you can defend the cutback, i just hate guys who play the offside trap all game :)

Ronaldo doesn't stay on the wing all match, every match. He's all over the place running at defenders and shooting from distance.

I played crosses a lot with Schalke, not because I was trying to cheat the system, but because I had two pacey wingers in Asamoah and Lovenkrands, with Kuranyi the lone striker. I think it'd be pretty daft to keep trying to play it through the middle, or even change my tactics, just to suit people who don't like the style of play.

Yeah people who do the same thing over and over again annoy me.

When we did our first league that was finally scrapped - my second game I think I lost 3- something and I had 3 cut back goals scored against me. I was fuming - Tim pointed out it wasn't cheating. So from that point on I have calmed down and I try and counter peoples cut backs.

Its is really annoying though when a game is close and you lose it at the last minute with a cut back goal.

I try and score as differently as possible - but if I have a good opotunity I will use a cut back - its part of the game.

Anyway for the new game they definately need to sort out control of the ball - for instance chesting the ball, you should be able to chest it down. Instead of it always bouncing up and taking half an hour to come down.

Also cross field passes should have different speed, height and strength - like crosses. As at the moment its easy for the opposition to see the big looping pass and run over and get the ball.

Response times is a major issue - The game is the most frustrating game ever because of this. Especially when you want to do a cross field pass - by the time it recognises you want to do it - your leg goes back in slow motion and the other player can tackle you!

Goalkeepers coming out - when I press the 'come out' button (Not the Gay button) he should shift his little arse until I release it. It should be instant. None of this stop start - the computer deciding how far to come out etc - thats bullshit!!

If they sort this out it would be nearly perfect for me - it would atleast get rid of the frustration. This game has made me the most angry out of any other game - and thats saying something!

One more thing - we need an option to bring defenders up on corners! I've played four seasons in Manager Mode and have had a defender score only once and that was in the run of play. Only rarely do I ever see any of my defenders come up in the box on a corner.

Yeah people who do the same thing over and over again annoy me.

When we did our first league that was finally scrapped - my second game I think I lost 3- something and I had 3 cut back goals scored against me. I was fuming - Tim pointed out it wasn't cheating. So from that point on I have calmed down and I try and counter peoples cut backs.

Its is really annoying though when a game is close and you lose it at the last minute with a cut back goal.

I try and score as differently as possible - but if I have a good opotunity I will use a cut back - its part of the game.

Anyway for the new game they definately need to sort out control of the ball - for instance chesting the ball, you should be able to chest it down. Instead of it always bouncing up and taking half an hour to come down.

Also cross field passes should have different speed, height and strength - like crosses. As at the moment its easy for the opposition to see the big looping pass and run over and get the ball.

Response times is a major issue - The game is the most frustrating game ever because of this. Especially when you want to do a cross field pass - by the time it recognises you want to do it - your leg goes back in slow motion and the other player can tackle you!

Goalkeepers coming out - when I press the 'come out' button (Not the Gay button) he should shift his little arse until I release it. It should be instant. None of this stop start - the computer deciding how far to come out etc - thats bullshit!!

If they sort this out it would be nearly perfect for me - it would atleast get rid of the frustration. This game has made me the most angry out of any other game - and thats saying something!

Good post, it would real nice if those issues were fixed. We can only hope...

Right, all valid points guys, however this isn't the what we wanna see in the next installment of games thread! ;) So it will be closed now until we have any further info on the Euro 2008 game :).

Re: Euro 2008 Details

Full Press Release:

Electronic Arts have today announced that they will be releasing UEFA Euro 2008 in preparation for the football (soccer) European tournament which begins in June in Austria and Switzerland.

UEFA EURO 2008 will feature stunning visual representations of the world’s most famous football players, playing in a more accessible, faster paced and responsive version of the market-leading EA SPORTS™ football engine, and all of the teams and official stadiums that will be part of UEFA EURO 2008. The videogame will enable gamers to play as their favorite country from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the championship tournament.

Take on the challenge of leading one of over 50 European national teams to glory as UEFA EURO 2008 recreates all the drama and excitement of the official tournament. A new game mode called Captain Your Country will enable gamers to put themselves on the pitch, earn the captaincy of their team and truly inspire their country to glory. Gamers will also be able to celebrate their success on-field through interactive celebrations that will add to the pageantry and atmosphere of the event. In addition, an online mode call Battle of the Nations will enable gamers around the world to lead their country to global supremacy.

“Our game, UEFA EURO 2008, celebrates the passion fans have for their national teams by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, and enabling you to captain your country or play as your heroes and inspire them to glory,” said lead producer Simon Humber. “We have taken our football engine to another level and added innovative new features to create a videogame that captures and simulates the real-world experience and all the emotion of this tournament.”

The game will be released on April 11th 2008.

more accessible, faster paced
Oh dear, it doesn't look good for the future then :(. Translating that, it means not enough little kids could get to grips with real football as it is in FIFA08, so we will have to go back to producing arcadey shit where you can score in an instant.

Carl posted an editorial after the FSB meeting with the producer. Sounds really good, its about fifa09. Seems like the main grips people have are recognised and that they are going to sort it out.

Oh dear, it doesn't look good for the future then :(. Translating that, it means not enough little kids could get to grips with real football as it is in FIFA08, so we will have to go back to producing arcadey shit where you can score in an instant.
I 100% agree about this Tim, It looks like they are going all FIFA Street on us for this 1!!... If this is a curtain raiser for FIFA 09 (like previous UEFA's and WC's have been) then I am not looking forward to it as much as I was....

Don't talk such utter bollocks.

You PES fanboys moaned about how FIFA 08 wasn't responisve or quick enough, EA, unlike Konami, have answered their critics by making REAL improvements where needed.

As for the kids comment, FIFA 08 is probably the best selling FIFA so far thanks to many converting after the dreadful PES08, Euro 2008 is just another step in the same direction for EA, keep up the good work lads!

Last edited:

Don't talk such utter bollocks.

You PES fanboys moaned about how FIFA 08 wasn't responisve or quick enough, EA, unlike Konami, have answered their critics by making REAL improvements where needed.

As for the kids comment, FIFA 08 is probably the best selling FIFA so far thanks to many converting after the dreadful PES08, Euro 2008 is just another step in the same direction for EA, keep up the good work lads!

Nick I think you misunderstood Tim's point. He liked FIFA 08 but is worried Euro 2008 is gonna go all arcadey with easy goals.

You can't blame someone for exploiting the many online flaws of FIFA 08 - that's why I don't play it online, it's shite, slow, unresponsive crap.

I 100% agree about this Tim, It looks like they are going all FIFA Street on us for this 1!!... If this is a curtain raiser for FIFA 09 (like previous UEFA's and WC's have been) then I am not looking forward to it as much as I was....

Easy there guys. It sounds to me like EA are just improving response times and making the game a bit faster (which tbh it needs).

Back
Top Bottom