UEFA Euro 2008

What the hell?

I just hope the game is up to scratch fuck the adboards. :mrgreen:

UM no...Seeing "need For speed" on what i would consider the best sports games ever made is troubling. i have NO clue why they didn't leave stuff like that out. To me it's about the only thing wrong with fifa 08 minus no weather

UM no...Seeing "need For speed" on what i would consider the best sports games ever made is troubling. i have NO clue why they didn't leave stuff like that out. To me it's about the only thing wrong with fifa 08 minus no weather
Say hello to your typical FIFA buyer.

Say hello to your typical FIFA buyer.

Typical? i hope you're not calling me typical... i've been a fan of pro evo until it hit next gen. fell in love with iss back with the n64 and hated Fifa for many years and always though it was just eye candy. Yes I've managed to make that transition to next gen "wanting" more realism but am certainly not liking the "need for speed" stuff when the champions league game had all the appropriate cocacola etc stuff. Thats all i'm saying Its a minor detail that ANNOYS the hell out of me. WHY? can everything else look great but then due to EA attempt at marketing within agame ruin it by having a completly random advertsiemnet inside of it. for me it's a gripe and I just hope that next game in the fifa series just go that extra mile for realism and what we see on tv.
so yeah i WANT weather and I WANT adboards becasue everything else is now there. fifa 08 to me 9with all the patches now) plays
magnificently, where I only see maybe a few more animations needed along with a better caera angle ONTOp of the weather and adboard issueWHICH i thought was fixed because early builds of fifa 08 looked to have the adboards of sponsors etc.

What I'd like to see.

1. No need to hold down L2 to perform tricks with right analogue stick.
2. Tighter dribbling
3. Managers on touchline, subs on bench
4. Crowd effects, mexican waves, fans wearing replica kits.
5. Referee on pitch during play
6. Classic EURO teams (Germany from 1996, Denmark from 1992 ect... with their classic kits)
7. Quicker overall game pace, about 5% faster than FIFA 08

Last edited:
I think the speed of the game is just great, I would'nt like it to be 5% faster! The real shortcomings of the game are related to:

- Goalkeepers being too slow and have no aggression, specially on crosses
- Response times (not players being or moving faster, but reacting faster to my orders)
- CPU AI relying too much in dribbling cheats
- Tactics and formations need a little more work. Online should allow custom formations
- Freedom to control sides in any match (we like to control cpu teams in torunaments with my mates)
- Better editing capabilities

About the rest, I think a progressive improvement would be ok. And please, don't take out ANY feature, you know wht I mean.

I'm guessing there won't be club teams, or the arena. I hope they improve the player models because they still look like bulky hunchbacks.

What I'd like to see.

1. No need to hold down L2 to perform tricks with right analogue stick.

Pathetic. NOW say hello to your typical FIFA buyer.

Holding down the trick button not only leaves the right analogue stick open to other assignments (like the first touch system on fifa which is far and away the MOST useful thing in the game if used correctly) but also forces the player to slow before attempting tricks as holding the trick button and speed causes a sidestep. If they take it back to the "wiggle the analogue stick" system ill be boycotting the game and entire fifa series. Seriously.

Speed in FIFA 08 I thought was fine. I think Response times and making it so that players can ACTUALLY control the ball quickly and turn and move quickly would be nice.

A decent Edit mode should be left until FIFA 09.

Hopefully they sort the keepers out, really pissed off with how the keeper wont react to a cross. Spoils the game for me.

Speed sliders are shite

everyone needs to be at the same speed not one playing in slow motion and the other at super speed

not true bro, for one, its great for single player mode... two if you go onlie the speed would be the same, probably the default, or if it can be custom if your doing a league, aka 2k sports, you guys should check out the 2k games, they really CRUSH manager modes in other sports games...

Which is the easiest 2K sports game to get into for someone who has no clue about American sports?

They sound great but I don't know anything about the rules of basketball, or hockey, or American football, or...

csaunders do you reckon NBA 2K8 is good? I am looking for a basketball sim that isnt TOO difficult (where the CPU can run down the court and any challenge on them is a foul and they score all the time) but not too easy?

csaunders do you reckon NBA 2K8 is good? I am looking for a basketball sim that isnt TOO difficult (where the CPU can run down the court and any challenge on them is a foul and they score all the time) but not too easy?

go check out the 2k8 thread, i love this game. I hated bball games for years, until i got this one, hell i used to not like the nba from like 99 to 2007, now i love the nba again, and its because of two things

1)zone defense being allowed again in the nba
2)and this game, oh yeah and caron butler, gilbert arenas, and andray blatch

Which is the easiest 2K sports game to get into for someone who has no clue about American sports?

They sound great but I don't know anything about the rules of basketball, or hockey, or American football, or...

I'd say Basketball and American Football. I've had the most joy out of both and buy these games each year. NBA 2K8 is amazing this year so I would recommend that. Although for American Football I swear by Madden 08, although the College football edition by EA sports was fun too.

I completely learned both sports just from playing the games (maybe a little TV was involved too). The rules of each are really easy if you break them down, and after only a few games you'll get the hang of it... American Football isn't a world away from rugby. Here's a REALLY simple breakdown of American Football.

American Football - OFFENCE: You have a 10 yard line you have to cross. You have 4 attempts (4 downs) to achieve this. Once you cross this line you get have another 10 yard line to cross and another 4 attempts... basically getting closer and closer to the end zone making it easier to score by either touchdown in the end zone or a field goal hit through the goal posts. Scoring is basically a matter of picking the right plays and tactics to achieve this. Your quarterback is the game player.. he has the ball and decides whether to pass make a run or launch it upfield to a receiver.. so he is your main guy. Crossing the line isn't as easy as it sounds though. One way you can do this is by throwing the ball to a receiver (a player who runs in the field), but it must be a complete catch no interceptions. You can gain a lot of yardage with this technique (getting you closer to the end zone). Another way is by running the ball over the line but this is harder (you have a bunch of players to get through/around). On the fourth down you generally have the option to punt the ball (get rid of it as far up field as you can) or fake punt and run it over the line. After 4 downs the ball gets turned over to the opposition so punting is the best option as you are creating more space away from YOUR end zone making it harder for them to score. Faking is risky. DEFENCE: You have to prevent the other side from crossing the 10 yard line. You can do this by intercepting the ball or stopping the players crossing the line. Again you need to pick the right tactics. You can have a turn around on possession if the offence throws the ball (this is an interception)or fumbles the ball and it is still in play e.g. the player hasn't grounded. You score by either converting it through the field goal or running it into the end zone (for a touchdown).

Hope this persuades you to get involved in American sports.. Basketball is a tad bit more complicated but I could provide you with a break down if you really want it. BOTH games are excellent multiplayer games and Madden in particular has been perfected over the years.

Last edited:
OMG Henry better have untucked shirt in Euro 2008 and white boots for Hargreaves.

Back
Top Bottom