UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

I agree shooting and goalies are the worst things about next-gen Fifa. They feel great on PES 360

They really do because the last winning eleven i played constantly was winning eleven 8 played only a little bit of we9 bc for 360 but pes6 is really enjoyable right now. some of the shots on goal and the way the players look like when they kick the ball is very very good. in fifa 07 when they kick the ball it kinda looks the same...

I agree shooting and goalies are the worst things about next-gen Fifa. They feel great on PES 360

Totally agree, for me that took away a lot of the satisfaction
and fun from scoring goals.
Add to that the hard nets....

PES/WE is where the shooting and general attacking play
can be varied and with the superb net animations,
it is the most satisfying....

I agree OPM, not impressed with the look of that to be honest.

Are those players supposed to look realistic? they resemble disproportionate wax work dummies in my opinion.

Yeah its the shorts ;)

Can someone explain to me why a licensed game cant make the proper goalie kits? From the pics its the same blue/red basic (with no crest/sponser/etc) for every team like fifa07.

Last edited:
well. operationsports .com has a dev interview

Bullet points

No camera zoom or height control
shooting at goal is basically the same

other improvementa are mentioned but i bet they are lies...

where does it say shooting at goal is the same? From what I read they have updated the Ai and the physics.

"I bet they are lies" - Say it all about your attitude to the game tbh.

Not really cowden, ive already shown that they have mentioned features as being "new" when they were already present in fifa07. EA have a history of bullshitting, as nokami does and bumperman has been one of the more positive members on here about fifa07. His cynism is founded and not a reflection of a negative attitude to the game, more to the bullshit that gets published by game companies with reporters, journo's to scared to lose out on future interview's to call them on it.

Can someone explain to me why a licensed game cant make the proper goalie kits? From the pics its the same blue/red basic (with no crest/sponser/etc) for every team like fifa07.

that's what i am asking for like the past 4 or 5 years allready. wrote some emails about that topic to ea, never got a proper reply or explanation.

Not really cowden, ive already shown that they have mentioned features as being "new" when they were already present in fifa07. EA have a history of bullshitting, as nokami does and bumperman has been one of the more positive members on here about fifa07. His cynism is founded and not a reflection of a negative attitude to the game, more to the bullshit that gets published by game companies with reporters, journo's to scared to lose out on future interview's to call them on it.

Appreciate the support my friend. I just love football/soccer games but the monopoly of it all makes these games become worse or less polished every year. Fifa 07 woulf have been stellar had it had more but from a business standpoint why put everything in when the consumer would then be hard pressed to by it next year as these games come out yearly now

the faces still look weird...too much wax....the eyes look
soul-less......more like robots.
Konami's PS2 version has better faces...

Funny thing is when the Ref is giving out a yellow card,
he does'nt even have it in his hand....

I don't think they have fixed the shooting/heading and
the lifeless steel nets.
It's FIFA 07 in a new package.

I have more hopes on the FIFA 08 PS3 game, which should hopefully
be based on the PS2 version, and not the 360 version.

Last edited:
I have more hopes on the FIFA 08 PS3 game, which should hopefully
be based on the PS2 version, and not the 360 version.

I think this sums up everything right here. You're still stuck in your old ways, resistent to change. FIFA 08 will be based on the next-gen engine (as you say the 360 version). EA is not going to make FIFA 08 for PS3 using the PS2 engine(like dipshit konami did with the 360 version of PES). The PS2 engine is animation driven while the next-gen engine is physics driven (the way a simulation is supposed to be).

I think this sums up everything right here. You're still stuck in your old ways, resistent to change. FIFA 08 will be based on the next-gen engine (as you say the 360 version). EA is not going to make FIFA 08 for PS3 using the PS2 engine(like dipshit konami did with the 360 version of PES). The PS2 engine is animation driven while the next-gen engine is physics driven (the way a simulation is supposed to be).

Well I did'nt like the 360 version too much, I gave it time
but it just did not cut it for me.
I think I did'nt mean that FIFA 08 should be based solely
on the PS2 engine (like what Konami mistakenly did).
I meant they should take the good stuff from the FIFA PS2 version
like the better gameplay, shooting, skills and not base it
on IMO the less satisfactory gameplay of the 360 version.
Again, this is just IMO.

True, I may be resistant to change, since the PS2 version
of WE and FIFA are both better games than their 360 counterparts.

I think it will be basically the same as FIFA 07, maybe a few additions and bug fixes. If you like it will be a prototype version of FIFA 08... FIFA 07 does play a decent solid game and it does feel a lot different from the current gen version for the reason Deftones said about Animation vs Physics. I hope they actually have made more than just a few minor tweaks to the engine for Champions League but like Arsene Wenger... I just cant see it.

Dj

Better be a good game. just got rid of fifa 07 because i wanted to have a clean slate for UEFA. If i kept fifa 07 then i would start comparing the two instead of enjoying the one. I made the mistake last time of buying EVERY Fifa for almost every platform except PC and DS. Liked the game for gamecube the most esp on the Wii which ran it very well in progressive scan. The game for current gen just had a better feel for shooting at the goal then fifa 07 for 360. fifa 07 for 360 was NOT good at shooting at the goal. NOTHING ever felt real as in winning eleven 2007 OR Fifa 07 for current gen. i hated the PS2 version as it's graphics were bad in 480p. I like the XBox version but it just felt old after awhile and the fact that the GC is just a fun platform in genreal fifa 07 on it continued to be fun long after it's release and me then going through every version like madman(anyone remember Bumperman and his grass color fetishs?LOL)

So I just wanna get UEFA for being UEFA this time around. If within certain amount of time the game no longer has a pick up and play feel i'll trade it in fr Maybe Fifa 08 credit who knows but i'm not beating myself over trying to keep every fifa anymore.

personally the games you keep are the classics like International superstar Soccer 98/200(which i am a proud owner of both of)

I wouldve kept FIFA to be honest, and not wasted your money on this, it might play decently (they'll probably not change it at all from 07), but at the end of the day, its just a ploy to make more money for EA, buying the same games with less teams

I wouldve kept FIFA to be honest, and not wasted your money on this, it might play decently (they'll probably not change it at all from 07), but at the end of the day, its just a ploy to make more money for EA, buying the same games with less teams

then i'll just see how the demo plays thats all. I had two or three gripes about fifa 07. I recently picked up WE2007 for the 360 and although it's pretty much the same ol WE, it still is WE and WE has the best sports game engine out there and it's instantly playable. no learning curve and takes care of my current soccer/football fix.

I'll be playing NBA Street this week. SSX Blur next week and MlB 2k7 then following week, so getting rid of Fifa was EASY

I'm purposefully staying up until 3am and giving myself headaches to try and "finish" Gears Of War (done), Rainbow Six Vegas (done), FIFA 07 (think I'm going to have to quit, the challenges are ridiculous) and Burnout Revenge (95% done) so that when UEFA CL arrives (along with Alan Wake and Mass Effect), I won't be quite as out-of-pocket as I normally am when a game comes out...

OPM i must agree with you,the graphics are not what the initial release screenshots promised in the beginning(January screnshots),if those screenshots represent the final game well then i prefer to patch my PES 6 with UEFA CL patch from socceraccess,than to waste 70 euro on bying a game only for the adboards and the kits,SHAME on you EA too bad and it looked as if they were to something good,oh well i`ll stick to my PES 6 until october that is.....

:)

Is there no other company besides EA and Konami working on new football Sim titles. Without new blood and new ideas we are going to be stuck in this cycle of monotony and cash grabbing by them. Though you can see Why the hell they don't make any real advances when idiots... i mean sheep...er customers are falling over themselves to buy the same game with some slight tweak for full bucks. If they had invented the car we'd all be driving model T's 8.5 versions with go faster head rests..... EA are playing catch up at the moment so they are at least looking to alter things but they are also most to blame for wasting all the official licences they have on what is still a poor representation of actual football and all that encompasses. Konami have a great base from which they should be building instead they seem to be either towing the corporate line or do not seem interested in taking the title forward. I'm hoping somewhere in a darkened corner some real football fans are putting together the next great football Sim... they are just being very quiet about it. ;)
Sorry this is not about UEFA for the 360 but did not want to start a new thread and don't want to side track this one just took a break from work to harp on!!

Back
Top Bottom