UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Here's the pic with the shirt/waist line edited in the fifa model to represent the real player:

fifaeditcm2.jpg

Again crude but the slight adjustement makes quite a difference imo

Thats the point thought, its your assumtion that the players body has a lowered arse, but when you look at the rest of the points (knee's/foot/shoulder/head) and take in to account that they arent perfectly alined (shef player has arms raised head slightly down) but its still fairly accurate with head a nd shoulder/neck points its the shirt/short line that makes them look like hobbits. The second pic shows that.

"While playing the game, I try to use my four gameplay cards to get bonuses for my team or to hurt the other team. It's fun to decrease the opponents' dribbling skills and watch them start turning the ball over. No, this isn't realistic, but it's fun. After the game, I go into manager mode. "

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/759/759987p1.html

Why O why does EA continue to include this unrealistic arcadish cheats on sim games..EA uses the same ideas for all their games I've noticed. This cards remind me of the Madden Cards. This things as the writer stated, are not realistic. But, if NOKAMI continue to add their stupid animal heads and fruitballs in their games, we might as well get used to seeing more of this in the futures to come.

Oh, brother... :-\

As long as you're not forced to use them, and as long as you can play someone else and alter the match settings to say gameplay-cards off, then I'm not too bothered. Let them add all of the childish crap they want to - as long as we don't have to see it.

jflores im in complete agreement with you, what is the point of these cards? if its for a special 'Party Games' mode I wouldnt be too bothered, if its for proper match-ups then I think its stupid and would like to know who their crack supplier.

Dj

reading the same article it sounds as though its kind of like a master league mode. You start off with a bucket of shite as a team and you can update them by getting cards for your results, making them better. as for the joke/cheat ones you dont have to use them I dont think.

jflores im in complete agreement with you, what is the point of these cards? if its for a special 'Party Games' mode I wouldnt be too bothered, if its for proper match-ups then I think its stupid and would like to know who their crack supplier.

Dj

They obviously add these things for the children. They want to make sure that they attract and entice them as well as the adults. They try to put it all in one package. Try to kill 3 birds with one stone sort of speak. Instead of just making a separate game for the kiddies, they do this crap..It's all about the money for "All" of this companies. Take the pathetic gimicks/cards out and give me improved gameplay where I can inmmerse myself into the games and never come out of my room. That's all I'm asking for.

^ Again I agree strongly with this post! The trouble is EA dont seem to know how to progress and make a good game. FIFA 07 on 360 was ok, far better than previous efforts but still not the full ticket especially when scoring goals! It all felt a bit shallow at times and some of the graphics were hurrendous! I thought to myself "is this really nextgen or last gen + 0.5?"

Dj

They obviously add these things for the children. They want to make sure that they attract and entice them as well as the adults. They try to put it all in one package. Try to kill 3 birds with one stone sort of speak. Instead of just making a separate game for the kiddies, they do this crap..It's all about the money for "All" of this companies. Take the pathetic gimicks/cards out and give me improved gameplay where I can inmmerse myself into the games and never come out of my room. That's all I'm asking for.

But I bet you dont have any problem with konami including unlockable dog heads in their games :roll:

He's right IMO. EA always put a new gimmick in the new release. They are made a USP in every FIFA, and are often promoted on the game cases. :roll: Ridiculous!

And I think everyone hates the dog heads, but they are optional and ignorable extras.

Last edited:
Erm, deftones...

This cards remind me of the Madden Cards. This things as the writer stated, are not realistic. But, if NOKAMI continue to add their stupid animal heads and fruitballs in their games, we might as well get used to seeing more of this in the futures to come.

Oh, brother... :-\

The guy did say you should read his posts. I'm starting to think you come on here for a fight. :eh:

I know that, for example, my 12-year-old nephew, will love this cards stuff, and they've got to cater for their entire audience. As long as it's not a forced option then they can put whatever they like in, as far as I'm concerned. But if it is, then it will be a bit of a smack in the face (FIFA 07 didn't have anything of the sort, after all)...

I know that, for example, my 12-year-old nephew, will love this cards stuff, and they've got to cater for their entire audience. As long as it's not a forced option then they can put whatever they like in, as far as I'm concerned. But if it is, then it will be a bit of a smack in the face (FIFA 07 didn't have anything of the sort, after all)...
FIFA 07 had nothing in it! just some stupid challenge mode and the Manager Mode.... I am hoping they at least try and add a few more things into this game.

Dj

Developer interview over on eurogamer. This card system sound ridiculous, even when awnsering questions the developer sounds very superficial about what football's about when trying to defend the card system :(

From whats being said it sounds like ML dode but instead of buying players and developing them with games/training etc you have to use cards! And when a player is at the end of his contract you cant offer him a better deal to sign up but have to find a card from somewhere to keep him.

One of our main objectives with UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 was to offer the football gamers a unique way to enjoy their favourite sport.

I dispair, i really do, they have a decent base for the game and this is where they are putting their efforts into!! FFS, sort the bugs/glitches before you start pissing about with nonsense features!

Sounds stupid. If I want to play a game involving cards ill play bloody Uno or Texas Hold Em!!

Dj

Its so typical of €A, chucking in some novelty nonsense when they are better off giving more time and concentration in getting the gameplay right for once...... if they did that, there'd be less people playing PES for a start. But no.

Nice to see their research is top notch as usual, Inter Milan home kit with a round neck anyone?

Im hoping its NOT part of the main Champions League Mode or else that will be stupid. Can you honestly see Mourinho or Sir Alex Ferguson Shuffling their pack of cards and saying "Which one can I use to beat Lille.... perhaps their team has a morale issue for 10 mins or Cristiano Ronaldo hits a 45 Yarder and it goes in..."Also from what I read on Gamespot about this game its basically the same as FIFA 07 on 360 with a few tweaks...... I think I will avoid this one unless a demo proves otherwise.

Dj

Lol @ bumperman, still think my theory is correct. After all every body has the 1.618 proportion (or something like that) that davinci discoverd (as the rest of nature has aswell). With all the other body points being nearly the same it would make sense that the rest of the body model uses the proper dimensions, making it the kit/shorts being the reason for the wrong proportions.

i felt the observation/theory was very very true.
i'm also vaguely disappointed in myself to say i played the pes 6 360 demo and although the ball felt like a medicine ball......i still enjoyed it!
typical, just when i thought i was over it, it comes crawling back! :D

i'm also vaguely disappointed in myself to say i played the pes 6 360 demo and although the ball felt like a medicine ball......i still enjoyed it!
it's that ex girlfreind that always ummm you can go back to for...

I assume the demo has the Reebok ball, which is crap, the Teamgeist and X-ite balls are better

Back
Top Bottom