UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Aren't we all PES/WE fanboys on this site... But yeah Diego's comment was narrow minded.
I meant this in the context of fans and not loyalty mungers. Never had experience of this 'fanboy' phrase before so do forgive me for the misunderstanding.

I have to disagree........strongly. I have NHL 2K7, NBA 2K7, NHL 07 and Madden 07. The animations and physics in all of those come nowhere near to being as realistic as FIFA's weight driven animation and physics system. NHL 07 is close but not there.

Speaking of NHL 2K7
NHL 2K7 is the one-timer king, which is nothing like real life hockey so I have no clue on how you think its a perfect recreation of hockey..........

EDIT: I booted the good old XBOX to look at ESPN NFL 2K5 again and the animations are laughable(even with it being a better game than Madeen 07 IMO), again, how you consider that a perfect recreation is beyond me.

On second thought the only thing you named that doesnt have laughable animations is NBA 2K7.........

I bet you think Fight Night looks like a real boxing match...................
ok well this shit about location is stupid, but man your nuts if you think FIFA's physics system is superior to NBA 2k.. shit its not even superior to PRO EVO!!! ON THE PS2! The players constantly bump and grind like there ina mosh pit! How the hell is that good physics?

Why the excitement about the 1000th FIFA game this season? WOW GREAT GRAPHICS LOL! ETC we know it's gonna play shit and be boring after 2 or 3 games of play.

Next . . . .

i used to have this opinion, but fifa 07 is pretty fun on live, however it still is behind pro evo in many areas, and i even think graphically its behind... but thats personal opinion. The passing system in FIFA is nice but its still has alot of flaws... there are alot of synchrinization issues with the buttons and what the player is actually doing, and the worst part is that its random. Some times i can play a perfect one touch pass, other times i do the exact same thing with the buttons yet the player will take an extra touch, it reminds me of scripting, and sadly i think it is scripted contrary to what some fifa fans would have you beleive..... In pro evo, what you do is what you get(with the exception of some passes going not where you wanted, but that happens in fifa too, so even steven). I STILL SAY FIFA 07 IS FUN, especially when playing Dazfeeder, nice chap. BUt my heart is still with pro evo and NOTHING, NOTHING beats 2 v 2 on PES6 on PS2. NOTHING.

In pro evo, what you do is what you get

:lmao: So that explains why sometimes when I hit the shoot button for a nanosecond the shots are fine and the other 90% of the time they balloon into the stands.

And mate I think you really need to play NBA 2K7 again because the transistion form one animation to the next is not that fluid (like FIFA is) and the players bump and grind just like you said they do in FIFA. Yes, the bumper car shit does happen in FIFA, but if we want to bring up glitches at least my players never have their shirt or shorts disappear like they do from time to time in NBA.
there are alot of synchrinization issues with the buttons and what the player is actually doing, and the worst part is that its random. Some times i can play a perfect one touch pass, other times i do the exact same thing with the buttons yet the player will take an extra touch
This is an example of you not understanding that there is a weight system FIFA 07. Players are not always standing in the exact same position and balancing theselves the same, thus why when you do the exact same thing with the buttons the result is not always the same like it is in PES/WE.

Last edited:
:lmao: So that explains why sometimes when I hit the shoot button for a nanosecond the shots are fine and the other 90% of the time they balloon into the stands.
Yeah, so what you do is what you get... That was his point! If this is your experience of shooting it's because you have made it happen, It's your own personal problem basically. The fact that there is no scripted feel In PES like in FIFA was his argument.

Yeah, so what you do is what you get... That was his point! If this is your experience of shooting it's because you have made it happen, It's your own personal problem basically. The fact that there is no scripted feel In PES like in FIFA was his argument.
If what you do is what you get that would mean if I hit the shoot button for the same amount of time, in the same spot, from the same angle every time I hit it, the ball should do the same thing every time, but it doesnt. And actually his argument is very flawed. He said FIFA feels more random, thus it feels more scripted. Wake up mate, Random does not equal scripting, if anything random equals the exact opposite.

And scripting, dont even get me started, if PES/WE wasnt scripted as hell and to the bone there would be no need for super-cancel.

I seriously need to stop coming to this website, you PES/WE fans do nothing but contradict yourselves and it gives me a headache.

Last edited:
If what you do is what you get that would mean if I hit the shoot button for the same amount of time, in the same spot, from the same angle every time I hit it, the ball should do the same thing every time, but it doesnt. And actually his argument is very flawed. He said FIFA feels more random, thus it feels more scripted. Wake up mate, Random does not equal scripting, if anything random equals the exact opposite.

And scripting, dont even get me started, if PES/WE wasnt scripted as hell and to the bone there would be no need for super-cancel.

I seriously need to stop coming to this website, you PES/WE fans do nothing but contradict yourselves and it gives me a headache.
i have never seen a case in pro evo where the bar was low and it rocketed in the stands, UNLESS the player has a shitty shooting attributes, WHICH MAKES THE GAME SO GREAT!!! In fifa it doesnt matter if i shoot with rooney or john terry, the shot will be the same, which to me is lifeless and scripted.... fifa needs super cancel, because the amount of times that my fucking player has not run to the ball and just sat there is probably 20 to 30 per game... fifa feels more randon FOR NO REASON. Balance has nothing to do with it...

i have never seen a case in pro evo where the bar was low and it rocketed in the stands, UNLESS the player has a shitty shooting attributes, WHICH MAKES THE GAME SO GREAT!!!

I was talking about how it doesnt really matter how long you hold the button(how sometimes a quick tap keeps the power bar low but that same quick tap next time flings the bar to 3/4 full and the ball just takes flight), which in return feels random for no reason. You can't even deny this happens either, there are posts everywhere throughout this very forum that states such.

And player balance does effect most things in FIFA 07(again thus why you can press the buttons the same and the pass or shot isnt the same), but if you want to live in denial thats fine with me. I've played you in FIFA 07(more than once), I saw with my own eyes that most of what you bitch about in FIFA 07 is you not coming to grips with making sure your player is balanced before taking the shot or making a pass.

Last edited:
I saw with my own eyes that most of what you bitch about in FIFA 07 is you not coming to grips with making sure your player is balanced before taking the shot or making a pass.

That part I agree with, but imo its still not as consistant as PES. Balancing your player is fine, but what if you want a instant shot? The animation is poor for those. IMO the negatives in Fifa outweigh the positives, and with PES its the other way around.

From the vids this version looks the same as Fifa 07, which is bad news.

graphics look amazing but the game still sucks..
We need the grapihics of fifa and the gameplay of pes...
How hard is it ffs

ChonkTheDonk how do you know the game still sucks? have you played UEFA Champions League? Do you work for EA or something?

Im with Deftones on the differences between PES and FIFA. PES talks so much CPU Bullshit and is rigged to fuck sometimes where you just know your going to lose and not because your playing badly either. Certain elements of the way FIFA moves and how it feels is so much better than PES. I say again PES Still feels like it is 100% on rails.

Dj

I felt that the passing was greta in fifa 07 however the shooting was a)difficult and b) went back to the old fifas where it felt like you had NO control of where your shot went after pressing on the analog.

Fifa 07 for current gen GC XBox and PS2 and PC has the shooting much more down like PES?WE has it which i like and regard as the true type of goal shooting mechanic but Fifa 07 was too hard to score and always felt like you were shooting the same goal and the same way.

lets hope this game has the shooting MINORLY fixed...

Lol yeah like the good old days of SWOS when you could add After Touch after you took your shot....

Dj

New screens:

1169842151.jpg

1169842150.jpg

1169842149.jpg

1169842148.jpg

if you have nothing constructive to say, why bother?

I think it looks good and if it plays as good as fifa 07 with improvements ill be happy. Certainly looks better than PES as it stands.

Faces are looking less LOTR which is good. Who's the valencia player in the bottom pic? Looks like kluivert, even though he's at psv. SHorts need to be smaller aswell, the proportion of th bodies looks good actually, but its the nba shorts that wrecks the proportions and makes them look liek hobbits.

Last edited:
Was that aimed at me? cowden? I wasnt saying anything de-constructive so why attack me?

I was merely stating that EA are turning on the GFX Style as usual whats so wrong with that?

Dj

the shorts are just ridiculous, too long, too chunky and too baggy. i dont know if its the model or the shorts but all the players look far too bottom heavy.......jlo esque! The graphics are brilliant but the players are just too big!...but now from tiktiks point it might just be the shorts.
im not gonna buy this one, my 360 will stay packed up until something i really want comes along, ie the equivalent of the ps2 fifa 07, or a licensed and progressive pes etc. not gonna buy anymore games to try and force myself to like the console!

What the hell are those default boots? I wouldn't buy the game on principle if it had those in it. Just make them plain black for goodness sake! And why are the players wearing Basketball shorts? The graphics look very smooth though.

5 Years? they have had a lot longer than that to make decent FIFA's they havent been any good since FIFA 98 in my opinion.

Dj

What the hell are those default boots? I wouldn't buy the game on principle if it had those in it. Just make them plain black for goodness sake! And why are the players wearing Basketball shorts? The graphics look very smooth though.
Isnt it EA Canada who make these games? they love basketball so perhaps thats why we have to put up with FIFA "Men In Basketball Shorts Edition"

Dj

Faces look a bit better, that's about it...

In general, I felt FIFA 07 on the PS2 was a bit more fun
and had better gameplay.
If the PS3 version is based on that, and not the XBOX 360
version, then I will seriously think about the PS3.
I sold my 360, FIFA07 (360)...

But I have some hopes that both EA and Konami will base their
PS3 versions NOT on their respective 360 versions...

Nah I dont think that will be the case mate, its always been a case of porting the game across from one machine to another so I highly doubt they will make a SEPERATE PS3 version.

Dj

Just did a quite comparison with a pic from yesterday's match vs a pic from fifa. Choose the players from each that are closest to position and body(average type). Its easy to see where they are going wrong, the shirts are to long and the shorts are too wide. Its a fairly crude comparison but with the vertical lines showing a high accuracy with the actual player model (read: body) its the shirt and shorts that screw it up. Why cant they see it?! Its taken me 2 mins to do!

fifavsrealfm2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom