UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

new vaguely interesting blog on ign.......

the game only has one stadium! hahaha oh dear :(
also the guys at the bottom ignoring the complete slatings make a couple of good points...they didnt point out that hitting the bar or crossbar led to the death of the ball and it just dropping, or just stopping on top of the goal regardless of power etc...something id like to see rectified!

Just watched the latest vid on ign.com and one on gamespot.com and they both look cool. I seen man city playing against barcelona in the ign one behind where the boy is talking so maybe you can take your team into the champions league! Also noticed a game being played in old trafford so that rules out the 1 stadium rumour.

I really cant wait for this game it looks fantastic. Roll on march!

you can use any team you want in the game. but ive still seen no further evidence of any stadium but the champs league one, in all footage ive watched.

watch the ign developer video. I think its manu that are playing in the background. Its defo at old trafford. I'll get the time.

Edit -

23 secs - Nou Camp in gampeplay footage.
42 secs - Old Trafford In Gameplay footage

Last edited:
supposedly on ign i read a new blog thing i only read it quick but i could of sworn that it said something about creating a stadium or something

If you want to see that PDF, you can view it HERE.

AND YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT!! :D :D :D

EA SPORTS said:
Collisions have been given an upgrade, whereby players in Champions League will now do a better job of preserving momentum when colliding with other players.

Major bug fix, major improvement, and there's more. They've apparently reworked dribbling, and they've added the one-two pass. I cannot wait to play this fucking game.

those new features are needed, but have they fixed the lag on the pass button yet? The playing card system is stupid.... I hope you can play a champions league tournament on-line...

I just wish they would give us a final list of teams who are in.

It says the top 5 leagues,But there are pictures of Celtic floating around.

Hearts better be in or else...

I just wish they would give us a final list of teams who are in.

It says the top 5 leagues,But there are pictures of Celtic floating around.

Hearts better be in or else...

i saw benfica too.... hearts? were they even in the group stage? I doubt there going to have the pre qualifier teams....

CSaunders, they say passing has been reworked (especially through-balls which now travel closer if the button is tapped and further if it is held-down) - but in fairness they say the gameplay is reworked every year, and up until FIFA 07 it was the same game every year. So we'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

I've got a lot of hope pinned on this one though - for them to fix the collisions, they must be listening to the public and/or the testers. PES has had similar issues for several versions running without being fixed. Plus, they're mentioning that passing has been slowed down to become more realistic, but if you push the button quicker, then you can up the tempo and create a quick passing game (which is something that a few members here wanted, saying that they didn't like FIFA 07 because you couldn't pass quickly in the style of e.g. Barcelona).

So it does sound promising.

As for the teams, I'm presuming they'll have the "five top leagues" they mention, and then a rest-of-the-CL league with ONLY the teams that have qualified for the CL (qualifying or final stages). Personally, to be honest, I'm not looking forward to the teams and the competition (CL and nothing else, wow) - I'd rather play a league than a CL, and I'd rather play in a bottom league than a top league. But gameplay-wise, it's sounding really good. If lower teams are in FIFA 08 then this could be a brilliant year.

Last edited:
I played fifa 07 after playing the 360 version of Pro evo 6 and I gotta tell ya the animations are nice in fifa 07 and the gameplay is very realistic. howver proevo6 has it's good points namely it's esentially a glorified xboxlive arcade game meaning it's like a classic style of gaming.

this UEFA game though looks promising unfortunately the shooting hasn't changed...

the PDF said:
Context Skill Moves: In UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2006-2007 on XBOX 360, the fact that the ball is
completely independent enables the gamer to perform a myriad of unique and unscripted skill moves
based on context (the player attributes, the position of the ball and the gamer input) of any given
situation.

For example, the ball could be chipped over the head of the receiving player or he could juggle the ball
several times after performing a successful trap. The more you play the more you will be able to see and
reproduce those unique and exciting moves.

Why have I never ever ever seen any of these "context skill moves"? They are supposed to be in Fifa 07 too. And why don't they add rain and some weather conditions?

I have managed to nutmeg the cpu player with a first touch bu that is th only one I have seen.

Also from the gameplay.com fact section about the game -

* Winter Effects: Experience the bitter conditions of winter football, from gloved players and visible clouds of breath floating in the biting cold, to the first flakes of falling snow.

Just reading the PDF I like the sound of the core gameplay... press RB to Instruct your defence line to play the offside trap!! I like it :) How about big proper celebrations when you win the trophy? something EA never does and Nokami does a good job with.... How about using the Live Vision Camera to help us put ourselves in our favourite teams?

Dj

Doesnt sound like much new tbh, theyve repeated stuff theyve said about fifa07 as if its new when these features were already in the fifa game (longpass/shortpass button timing, ball physics being independent,etc) Glad theyve improved the collision bug and added a 1-2 pass. Would be nice to have d-pad control but i guess the game is better analog with shooting and passing.

Can someone explain this to me:
"The speed of the players has been slowed, creating a more fluid and faster gameplay experience."
How does that work?

The 1-2 pass was in Fifa 07. You just hold the left trigger when you pass and the passing player makes a run.

You guys don't like PES6 for 360 when i think it plays a much more solid game once you start playing it more. it's tried and true winning eleven but with a high def look and polish NOT completely next gen no but upgraded to look like you have the highest graphics card possible allowing it to run at 60 fps or close to it. i liked fifa 07 but i fear that UEFA now might not be that much better. if the shooting at goal feels the same why justify it's 59.99 price tag?

You guys don't like PES6 for 360 when i think it plays a much more solid game once you start playing it more. it's tried and true winning eleven but with a high def look and polish NOT completely next gen no but upgraded to look like you have the highest graphics card possible allowing it to run at 60 fps or close to it. i liked fifa 07 but i fear that UEFA now might not be that much better. if the shooting at goal feels the same why justify it's 59.99 price tag?

I agree shooting and goalies are the worst things about next-gen Fifa. They feel great on PES 360

i saw benfica too.... hearts? were they even in the group stage? I doubt there going to have the pre qualifier teams....

Nah, We got knocked out in the final qualifying round to Aek Athens mate.

Imo, It should be ALL teams who have been involved in Champions League Football.

Heavens, Are we gonna have lower league French,English teams etc, Who have not even been involved in European football???

Total shambles if you ask me.

They would be better off calling the game Fifa 07.5

Back
Top Bottom