UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Well, I've bitten the bullet and put FIFA 07 up on eBay, but I wish I hadn't now. Today I started a new league campaign and decided to really put some effort into it, with several formations and tactics, and buy in some decent players. The game is amazing, I don't care what anybody says; the free passing, the way that you have to have the correct stance to do a good hard shot, everything.

For the first time since I've got the game I'm up there with the big-boys, trying to push further into the top three. And now I'm dreading the day that the auction ends.

If UEFA Champions League doesn't let you play a domestic league season (and knowing EA it won't) then I'll have to buy FIFA back again!!

You dont have to let your auction close, you can pull anything on ebay afaik.

Is there no other company besides EA and Konami working on new football Sim titles. Without new blood and new ideas we are going to be stuck in this cycle of monotony and cash grabbing by them. Though you can see Why the hell they don't make any real advances when idiots... i mean sheep...er customers are falling over themselves to buy the same game with some slight tweak for full bucks. If they had invented the car we'd all be driving model T's 8.5 versions with go faster head rests..... EA are playing catch up at the moment so they are at least looking to alter things but they are also most to blame for wasting all the official licences they have on what is still a poor representation of actual football and all that encompasses. Konami have a great base from which they should be building instead they seem to be either towing the corporate line or do not seem interested in taking the title forward. I'm hoping somewhere in a darkened corner some real football fans are putting together the next great football Sim... they are just being very quiet about it. ;)
Sorry this is not about UEFA for the 360 but did not want to start a new thread and don't want to side track this one just took a break from work to harp on!!

I heard a few months back Sony had started to work on 'This Is Football' for the PS3. That game was rubbish compared to Fifa and PES, but was certainly playable. Hopefully they will create a better game for the PS3.

If its anything like World Tour Soccer on PSP (World Tour Soccer was the american name for This Is Football) it will be complete Rubbish!

Dj

Years ago there was loads of footie games, even on the DC, which didnt have the support of EA, you had 90 Mins Sega Soccer, UEFA Striker, UEFA Dream Soccer, Virtua Striker, Worldwide Soccer, European Super League. That was six different titles really, I know they never reached the heights of PES, but it was still great to play something different.

Games development costs twice as much nowadays, and any publishers would tell you they would not support the release of any football game because it simply wouldn't sell when EA have all the licenses and Konami have the brand-loyal-gang. Even TIF doesn't sell, and that's got the PFA license.

As far as I'm aware they have to deny that you can do that, but they can hint at it by saying "add you and your pub team to the game, fully editable and customisable teams and players!"

As far as I can see with EA's "$" clout they are not going to drop the licences unless the FA and like change their all for one attitude. The only way is to make everything easily editable and say it is. The fact that no one is looking to challenge them is very bad news for progress...

Is that before or After the game comes out? EA have a tendancy to release Demo's weeks or months after the game comes out... I think that is pointless.

Dj

Is that before or After the game comes out? EA have a tendancy to release Demo's weeks or months after the game comes out... I think that is pointless.

Dj

true in thecase of madden 07 and some others but not fifa 07 or march madness of even nba street lets hope it's before release that would mean they are confident in the tilte

^true there has been a few exceptions but I can remember a big hoo haa when they didnt release the World Cup 06 Demo for 360 until after the game came out..... yet the PC version had been out a few weeks before the game came out.

Dj

At the end of the day it has to be right so in some ways I can understand the MS Certification bit.

Dj

Anyone read the development on this? reads like a press release and mentions everything - apart from gameplay!

They need to fix:

Weird floaty balls with mad automatic curve on them.
Stupid niggly refs
Better Lighting
CPU being able to HEADER AT GOAL
Make the stadiums properly i.e not make Anfield look like its two miles away from the stand.

Anyone read the development on this? reads like a press release and mentions everything - apart from gameplay!
You missed that it mentions they've fixed the player "bumping", reworked dribbling and added a one-two pass then? Someone's trying too hard to hate the game tbh.

Last edited:
I think they did as most of the time it felt like the ball was out of control and a little too loose at times. ill be happy if they fix the players bumping issue and make the shooting better too.

Dj

You missed that it mentions they've fixed the player "bumping", reworked dribbling and added a one-two pass then? Someone's trying too hard to hate the game tbh.

wrong jack, i like fifa 07.

i just want those things fixed so the game will be better.

Guys guys guys!

Apparently Gamespot had a onhand preview on their show and the guy said the demo is out on market place today!

Someone plz download it and give us your honest opinion!

adonis i can comfortably tell you itll be everything about fifa 07 on the 360 that you liked , and everything that you disliked.

adonis i can comfortably tell you itll be everything about fifa 07 on the 360 that you liked , and everything that you disliked.

You're probably right, but right now Im starved for footy satisfaction so need something new! Ive got bored of WE10JL and have recently gone back to WE10. I need some nextgen goodness!

lol...im so bored of it all, i got pes on the 360 and it was horrendous, but fifas lack of depth and wierd lack of satisfaction means im just playing nothing!

^ FIFA does lack satisfaction indeed. You never quite feel youve hit that cracking goal, played some excellent build up play or anything like that... Then again PES isnt much better as the CPU sticks to your Players like glue which isnt exactly realistic.... oh and not to mention the CPU going mad and all of his players suddenly becoming Ronaldinho and yours all suddenly becoming Darren (I love to give the ball away) Fletcher!

Dj

Back
Top Bottom