UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

lol...im so bored of it all, i got pes on the 360 and it was horrendous, but fifas lack of depth and wierd lack of satisfaction means im just playing nothing!

that sucks man

I just got SSX Blur
and MLB 2k7 and that's fine for me.

march 20th is Virtua tennis AND Uefa!

virtua tennis is pretty key to me yeah! and ssx blur sounds good.
pretty pathetically call of duty 3 gave me shell shock so i wont be playing that again...........! well, not quite, just made me feel sick! vaugely enjoying madden 07, thats about it. still feels like no killer games if your not a massive fps fan.

oh and assassins creed!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/02/23/uefa-champs-league-demo/

All I can find on here is someone saying the demo will be out soon. Nothing saying that its out now or when it will be out.

Dj

On Gamespot on the spot friday (there Net show) guy come in and showed of this game. And he said at end expect a demo yesterday but nothing has turned up and that was on camera. So i think its pretty imminent must be going through Microsoft certification might be monday or later today. :)

Well its a new feature and is bound to get bummed up a bit. I cant wait hopefully a demo this week.

Please dont use the term soccer it makes me cringe.;)

I think we should go back to the days of Cartridge Football.... Super Kick Off and Sensible Soccer. At least we know what to expect and we will enjoy playing them :)

Dj

Well its a new feature and is bound to get bummed up a bit. I cant wait hopefully a demo this week.

Please dont use the term soccer it makes me cringe.;)

sorry my friend. i hate this place i wanna move out to a place that appreciates the beautiful sport of football...:(

Read the 360 World magazine yesterday and essentially this game is FIFA 07 with slight tweaks and Champions League Presentation.... not worth the 40 odd Quid we will be charged for.

Dj

I am seriously hoping Konami and EA get their acts together, PES6 and FIFA07 (Next Gen) have both been pretty awful compared to what they should be. Now we know all the various reasons as to why this maybe the case but its just not acceptable! Especially when I enjoy playing the PSX Classic ISS Pro Evolution on my 3.10 OE PSP more than I do playing either PES or FIFA on the 360....

Times do look grim indeed for console footy.

Dj

Yes but thats a Proper OLDSKOOL Game remixed for Xbox 360...not a new title which is what im on about.

Dj

Any news on a demo guys, do you know of anywhere in England that this will be less then 39.99 seems pointless to spend so much??

It is as well! :) However, due to the combination of my awful connection and Microsoft's awful servers, it takes me half an hour to download 10%. So in four-and-a-half hours, it will be finished. ARGH.

Wow.. theres something about this game that I really really like. To me the gameplay feels miles better than Fifa 07. Theres some new animations and the games feel way more fluid. The passing also feels much better than thank GOD they fixed the collisions and fouls. The shooting is also feeling better.

Another thing. Theres LOADS of new chants and the atmosphere of the crowd is amazing. They have all Arsenal's chants as well as ones I wouldn't expect such as "we hate tottenham we hate tottenham".

Class. Loving it so far and have pre-ordered the game. I think Fifa 08 is going to be great. Its looking good people.

Hate to say it, but you said that last year and then as soon as PES6 came out you were all over that.

I'd give my two pence but unfortunately, after three hours of downloading, it's still not finished (80%)... I'll be back when it is.

Hate to say it, but you said that last year and then as soon as PES6 came out you were all over that.

I'd give my two pence but unfortunately, after three hours of downloading, it's still not finished (80%)... I'll be back when it is.

The thing is, with that Fifa I still knew there were a lot of things wrong with it. So far with this it feels great. I'm sure you will love it Jack.

I still can't get over the crowd and chants. F**k me its loud!

Have they really fixed the refs? I was surprised to see you say that, as the last review I read said that they were still whistle-happy. And how are the goalkeepers?

I have to say as jack knows I love 07.

This has improved it in all the right areas.

The pace of the game is much more fluid, passing feels right and there are no stupid fouls so far.

You cant tweak the controls or difficulty in the demo so I am not sure what the settings are but the keepers are very good.

As previously stated the 5.1 is amazing hugely improved over 07.

I have to say this is a purchase for me now.

Pisses me off how you have to restart the demo every time yo finish a match and have to sit through the ultimate team video before

Well lads, it finally finished downloading... And I have to say, I don't see any difference between FIFA 07 and this (and you guys know that I love FIFA 07 and hate PES6, so this is not a biased opinion). I've had two fouls for stab tackles already, and the heading system is just as awful as it was before. Movement-wise, there's a change, but it feels strange; you can go faster, but the reaction time between your pad and the player doing what you've asked is quite lengthy.

Just played through the demo once as Arsenal, I'll give it another go, but so far I'm disappointed. I was expecting to go "well I can't go back to FIFA 07 now"; but really I can't notice that much that has improved.

Perhaps I just need to spend more time with it...

Edit: Okay, after a few more minutes with it, the movement has definitely improved. I was holding down sprint too often; if you let go, it actually shows a lot of improvement. Shooting is great! :D I just had a brilliant shot ricochet back into play from the post - brilliant stuff. My only gripe is the fucking heading. My style of play is based on passes to the wingers and then crosses in. I've had about six crosses so far end up with a pathetic header into the ground that trickles to the goalkeeper. Overall, the game is an improvement, but why have they fixed everything but the heading?!

Edit 2: Okay, after another few minutes with it, I'm really impressed. The movement is a lot better, and the shooting is just fabulous. The shot bar works perfectly, you know how to gauge your shots now and you can let rip with some screamers. The referee is also improved, but still not 100% (I've had three fouls given for perfectly legitimate stab tackles in one match already). Overall I am really pleased with it, but it's such a shame about the heading. I hope I'm just doing it wrong, otherwise they've left the heading in a terrible state, and that totally wrecks the way I play football, which is just a massive shame and a big disappointment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom