UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Looks like same old rubbish. Why does the ball float like a balloon? Why do the players look more suited to playing rugby rather than the beautiful game? Why do the goal replays look nothing like their real-life counterparts? Why is mum shopping at Iceland when she could go to Tesco which is cheaper and better?

i think i might gettying crazy here, but i rented Fifa wc06 couple of days ago, and i am enjoying it very much, more than fia 07, dunno if its casue the gk feel more real, the more realistic type of goals , the better net movment or if it is only the incredible atmosfer that this game has, i mean the WC feeling is really cool, and also is cool that you have every NT on the qualifies from all over the world.
another thing i notice is that a lot of players , like sorin , have much more realistic faces in this game than in fifa 07, and also the hair movment is a nice touch, cool to see ronaldinho and camoranesi roam around the pich with their ponny tails moving.
well like i said maybe its the lack of footy game , but i am really enjoying this fifa WC06 atm. one last thing the multiplayer(not online) feels incredibly. i had some gr8 games against my buddies here. no more need of the all mighty finess shot like fifa07. we could actually score by just taping it low when in one-one situations with the gk, just like in real life.

Last edited:
I hope they make the finesse shot less finesse and more accurate like in fifa 07 for current gen the 360 version of finesse looks like you just hit it with your inside foot all the time and that results in airy balls and poor animated lob shots

i want the button to reflect more accurate str8 shots personally

ultimatearena.jpg

my dream comes true! a fantasy arena! woho! and look at the amazing CL-stars styled roof structure! incredible! \\:o/ \\:o/

:roll:

ea is a bunch of fecks caring about EVERYTHING but not the stuff that really matters.

That is fucking laughable. But saying that, I'd prefer a fantasy stadium to unlockable dog heads.

(If you said that to anybody who hadn't played Winning Eleven, they would have no clue that a football game DID actually, for some insane fucking reason, have unlockable dog heads)

I can't believe Konami still includes those dog heads. Instead of the amount of space those heffers take up they could include more proper player faces!

konami is just as dumb, but at least we can talk to EA as they are an english-based company, and not some crazy japanese anime fans sitting on their funny little island and pull out one pile of shit after the other for the past 2 or 3 years

i'm so angry at both of them, unbelievable. they are making a big joke out of our sport, it's just so sad.

if i see what's possible with nba 2k7 or nhl 2k7 by 2ksports or espn nfl 2k5 on ps2, perfect recreations IMO, i don't think i am expecting too much...

also any other ea sports game is on a way higher quality level than fifa in my opinion, NHL, Madden.

if i see what's possible with nba 2k7 or nhl 2k7 by 2ksports or espn nfl 2k5 on ps2, perfect recreations IMO, i don't think i am expecting too much...

also any other ea sports game is on a way higher quality level than fifa in my opinion, NHL, Madden.

I have to disagree........strongly. I have NHL 2K7, NBA 2K7, NHL 07 and Madden 07. The animations and physics in all of those come nowhere near to being as realistic as FIFA's weight driven animation and physics system. NHL 07 is close but not there.

Speaking of NHL 2K7
NHL 2K7 is the one-timer king, which is nothing like real life hockey so I have no clue on how you think its a perfect recreation of hockey..........

EDIT: I booted the good old XBOX to look at ESPN NFL 2K5 again and the animations are laughable(even with it being a better game than Madeen 07 IMO), again, how you consider that a perfect recreation is beyond me.

On second thought the only thing you named that doesnt have laughable animations is NBA 2K7.........

I bet you think Fight Night looks like a real boxing match...................

Last edited:
Yeah Big up to fifa 07 animations it very good i have all the ea sport game along with the 2k series(I'm a sport gamer mostly) and after popping fifa 07 in just last nght it's a standout and uefa looks just as priomising

konami is just as dumb, but at least we can talk to EA as they are an english-based company, and not some crazy japanese anime fans sitting on their funny little island and pull out one pile of shit after the other for the past 2 or 3 years

i'm so angry at both of them, unbelievable. they are making a big joke out of our sport, it's just so sad.

Behave.

They've brought loads of great titles over the years. Dont be so offensive.

yeah, not everything is or was bad. but the direction they are heading to over the past few years is not the right one i think.

I have to disagree........strongly. I have NHL 2K7, NBA 2K7, NHL 07 and Madden 07. The animations and physics in all of those come nowhere near to being as realistic as FIFA's weight driven animation and physics system. NHL 07 is close but not there.

Speaking of NHL 2K7
NHL 2K7 is the one-timer king, which is nothing like real life hockey so I have no clue on how you think its a perfect recreation of hockey..........

EDIT: I booted the good old XBOX to look at ESPN NFL 2K5 again and the animations are laughable(even with it being a better game than Madeen 07 IMO), again, how you consider that a perfect recreation is beyond me.

On second thought the only thing you named that doesnt have laughable animations is NBA 2K7.........

I bet you think Fight Night looks like a real boxing match...................

perfect was maybe the wrong word, but at least i think closer to a recreation of the real sport than FIFA. also those titles i think are done by EA's studios from somewhere in america?, and i guess americans like football or basketball. can't imagine a team from TORONTO, CANADA can put all their passion in something they maybe never seen live in action...:roll: i don't think it is enough having video tapes and merchandise + some uk guys on your team and claim you are football crazy. i think it would really help fifa if they could give it to an european studio, or at least to one their more quality ones.

You make a good point, but FIFA 07 on the 360 (the movement, the free passing and the excellent shooting system) shows that there must be some love of the game there.

I do agree though that, now they have a solid foundation, the game could be passed to a European team and be made better again. If you live and breathe football, then you'll be a lot more motivated to make a better football game.

(Saying that, look at This Is Football :eh:)

i think it would really help fifa if they could give it to an european studio

I do agree though that, now they have a solid foundation, the game could be passed to a European team and be made better again.

Both of you are being very close-minded right here. Who the fuck are you two to say that someones geographical location decides how much they care about football or how well they can code a simulation for that matter? :roll:

And the real joke about what yiou both said was something you even said yourself Jack. This is Football/World Tour Soccer are part of Sony Computer Entertainment Eurpoe by London Studio and these games are a complete joke.

Last edited:
Why the excitement about the 1000th FIFA game this season? WOW GREAT GRAPHICS LOL! ETC we know it's gonna play shit and be boring after 2 or 3 games of play.

Next . . . .

yeah, not everything is or was bad. but the direction they are heading to over the past few years is not the right one i think.

this is exactly how i feel too..since konami tokyo(the founders of WE series) merged with konami osaka(international superstar soccer n64) in we7 the game has gone totally in a diferent direction as i was expecting. its getting more and more arcedish every year. some people here know what i mean, i think we have already talked about this issue in some threads.

ps to Ad16: and NO, i am no pes/we fanboy, and never was, you can call me a football fan boy..and i will play the game that TO ME ressembles best the sport of football, no matter its producer.

Gentleman, EA does get some credit from me for at least trying to improve their games. They get some things right, but there are usually more bad things then good things on their Fifa games. That pic of the Champions league stadium above for example, looks unbeleivable! however, it's a shame to see that after playing their finish products, reality shows us that they are still a long ways from NOKAMI in terms of gameplay.

Their progression is rather slow, however there is noticeable progress. Hope is all we have at this moment mates, that EA will not loose their focus on continuing to improve the most important thing that matters, gameplay, and that their next installments will reflect this for not only our benefit, but theirs as well.

EA, stop trying to impress us futbol aficionados with lucious graphics, we know what you are capable of and appreciate it, rather, try to impress us with the gameplay. That's where your focus should always be. And don't you ever give up until you have accomplished this goal. Trust me, it will pay dividends.

Until next time,
Jflo
;-)

Gentleman, EA does get some credit from me for at least trying to improve their games. They get some things right, but there are usually more bad things then good things on their Fifa games. That pic of the Champions league stadium above for example, looks unbeleivable! however, it's a shame to see that after playing their finish products, reality shows us that they are still a long ways from NOKAMI in terms of gameplay.

Their progression is rather slow, however there is noticeable progress. Hope is all we have at this moment mates, that EA will not loose their focus on continuing to improve the most important thing that matters, gameplay, and that their next installments will reflect this for not only our benefit, but theirs as well.

EA, stop trying to impress us futbol aficionados with lucious graphics, we know what you are capable of and appreciate it, rather, try to impress us with the gameplay. That's where your focus should always be. And don't you ever give up until you have accomplished this goal. Trust me, it will pay dividends.

Until next time,
Jflo
;-)

Totally agree, while FIFA 07 is a step in the right direction,
it has way too many niggles that take away from the realism
and fun factor.
I wish EA can improve it's gameplay (shooting, heading, more
realism) and graphics (faces, nets, jersey fonts, lighting)
in FIFA 08.
Let's see how WE on PS3 turns out...versus FIFA 08 on PS3/360

Back
Top Bottom