UEFA Champions League 07/08: Group Stages

Mathieu Valbuena was awesome! best player on the pitch!

great for french football and celtic and rangers have been superb for scottish football.

Miguel, you play Celtc next at da Luz. They're notoriously bad travellers so not all is lost. There's still another 4 games.

Well, the thing is that we will hardly beat Milan, playing at home doesn't really make a difference these days, or manage to get a postive result against Shakhtar in Ukraine - apart from the weather issues they've shown they're a strong and powerful side. Regarding Celtic, they are usually very strong at home but as you said they aren't as good when going abroad (we beat them last year in Lisbon), so we might get some points.

Anyway, we've already lost 6 points, which is a lot in a short and balanced competition like this. Let's wait and see. :)

Liverpool were SHOCKING tonight. All that money spent but they looked normal. Hats off to Marseille, they were FANTASTIC. :)

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has confirmed they will not appeal to UEFA after a Celtic fan struck Nelson Dida.

Good Dida was a disgrace in goal. Terrible mistakes and terrible reaction at the end.

Cracking performance and result for Celtic, the same goes for Chelsea....

How good was the Schalke keeper in preventing an own goal in the game against Rosenborg....stunning save.

And Benitez messing about with the team again and dropping points to Marseille at home...he keeps making the same mistake.

Van horseface just keeps on scoring in Europe too...

A good night of footy :)

Brilliant night of football. Celtic result against the European Champions - A M A Z I N G.

Well done lads. :)

LFC vs. OM

Well done Celtic.

Surprised Valencia lost @ home to Chelsea but I haven't watched the match to know how the game actually went...

Liverpool vs. OM
(only 1 goal) but entertaining match. Even if 90% of the entertainment was created by the French visitors.

Well done Eric Gerets. :applause:

He's been in charge of the team for how long now? A week or so?

The team looked transformed. They now have the belief and confidence they should have had. Tactically very harmonious together and great team-work throughout the side.

Apart from the last few minutes when OM went in 'nervous-mode' and Liverpool piled on the pressure to get an equalier (and almost did as well), they outplayed, out-passed, out-fought, outmaneuvered and simply out-classed Liverpool @ Anfield!

The quality of their passing and movement was simply breath-taking!! :eek:

Great 1st-touch passing football combined with each player running into a good position after making a pass which meant head-ache for opposition.

Lorik Cana and Benoit Cheyrou won the battle against Stevie G and Sissoko as they controlled the central of midfield.

Karim Ziani and Valbuena were dangerous in ways that Leto, Benayoun, Stevie G nor any of the forwards for LFC were.

A great result but for me, it's not the result that impressed me. It was the performance. I knew things would get a lot better for OM with Albert Emon replaced with a manager I've always respected in Gerets but I'll be honest, I did NOT think, I'd see them play this crisp one-touch fantasy-like football that you only see teams like Barcelona, Arsenal and Roma do. :eek:

Liverpool could've done with Mascherano in this game because Sissoko was simply not up to it. He wasn't reading the game well (only 1 good interception I recall from him) and looked lost almost. Javier's aggression, sense of positioning, reading of the game, better passing and superior defensive abilities could've given LFC the stability they needed perhaps in the middle of the park. Similar to what the Albanian captain of OM was doing so effectively for them.

Anfield crowd show their class to me once again by applauding Cisse when he came on.

Liverpool still have to travel to Marseille though. Go in front of 60,000 crazy fans and hopefully the sensational Samir Nasri who is the main 'creative' talent of Marseille that was missing today due to a virus I believe, will be back, fit and ready to go by then as well.

Fantastic football from Olympique de Marseille. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well done Eric Gerets. :applause: :applause: :applause:

EDIT:

If Albert Emon was still in charge, they probably would've travelled to Anfield, play badly and get beaten and come home feeling like losers with this very same team and these very same players. :roll:

Last edited:
I like how BBC calls it an "attack", for all we know the fan was just trying to pat him on the chest to say "Well done, thanks for spilling the ball". :p

Stil, it was very stupid of him to even be on the pitch.

A fine is all the punishment should be.

Yeah bit of a moron that chap. But Dida looks really stupid. Shades of Rivaldo at the 2002 World Cup.

rivaldo0603_bb.jpg

Guy is an imbecile and really we'll get what we deserve, but fair play to the likes of Ancelotti and their chairman who said the result should not be touched and Seedorf said the Celtic fans are amazing and this is not normal. I hope they find that fan floating in the clyde, and he probably well could if someone mental enough gets a hold of him.

Fantastic result, but I'm not surprised, I did think it would be a draw and thought with Naka and VOH out Milan might have a better chance against us, but at home we're as strong as anyone.

Shakthar look a fantastic team though, it's just our luck when draws are made that we get 4th seeds who can spend £40m.

Well done bhoys.

See Foxy's finding it hard because he was hoping to gloat. :p

FD

What a great football night...nearly all the so-called giants failed to win...fantastic...

I watched Lazio-Real Madrid. great match by Lazio.
But of course the result of the day is for Celtic...if only they could win points away...

Dida should get a ban.

The fact that Milan will not go to appeal may be less unselfish than it seems. They know that UEFA will never change the result. So what can happen to Celtic, a big fine and one or more matches behind closed doors...that will affect Celtic against other teams and so is not a good thing for Milan...What are people's thoughts about Milan's penalty??? What a joke of a penalty...if that is a penalty we will see 7 or 8 penalties in each match.
Great result for L'OM...is the famous Gerets team spirit already working in Marseille????

Oh and great win for Chelsea too...i'm very glad for them.

But what a great day for Scottish football...where are the people who have laughed with Scottish football now???? Anyone????

Oh and FD, don't pretend it wasn't you saying hello to Dida...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I watched Lazio-Real Madrid. great match by Lazio.

:D i watched it too!
what a great match! both teams played really bad, comparing yesterday's match to their standard performances...but the match was very exciting. :D

last season's lazio would have smashed this real madrid 4-0.... too bad we still didn't see the real lazio this season :(

Oh and FD, don't pretend it wasn't you saying hello to Dida...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just wanted to shake his hand for his part in the goal. :mrgreen:

Gerd - Joke penalties are common occurrences for Celtic in this tournie, we all remember the famous Amoruso of Juventus dive and last season two joke penalties versus Man Utd. I can appreciate if these type of decisions where consistent, but it's nothing more than the refs following instructions to ensure the big boys make it through.

FD

:lol:

Valbuena's goal literally creeps me out everytime I watch it. The sound of the ball hitting the goal bars with the crowd silent. Amazing.

Did anyone see the Seedorf on Sky Sports after the game? He was trying not to laugh :lol:

Celtic have banned the fan for life. Just waiting for whatever their punishment is now. Fair play to Milan for saying what they've said - they didnt have to.

Celtic have banned the fan for life. Just waiting for whatever their punishment is now. Fair play to Milan for saying what they've said - they didnt have to.

Propotionality is a nice word.

kung fu kicking a fan, assualt where a player incorrectly goes into the crowd.

Eric Cantona 7 month ban.

Excitedly being silly and running onto a pitch and tapping a player on the chin in a cheeky manner. A fan incorrectly entering the pitch area.

Football fan Lifetime ban. :shock:

Is it just me, am I missing something here?

UEFA investigate Celtic case

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Celtic FC following Wednesday's UEFA Champions League Group D match against AC Milan in Glasgow.

Thursday hearing
The Scottish club will have to answer charges of lack of organisation and improper conduct of supporters (Articles 6 and 11c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations). The Control and Disciplinary Body will deal with this case at its next plenary meeting on 11 October. In addition, UEFA is seeking clarification from AC Milan on the reason for the substitution of their goalkeeper Dida following Celtic's second goal in the match, which Celtic won 2-1.

:lol:

Looks like both clubs could be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom