UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 - [Group Stage - Round 1]

Ok Thomas....but you have to agree that sometimes you look through tinted glasses...

Vann, you really are a true fan....and a very fair guy...if Man Utd was full of guys like you i would still love them as much as before 2000. All credit to you.

Stan said:
Ok Thomas....but you have to agree that sometimes you look through tinted glasses...
Speak to me about PSG and Bordeaux :lol:
comon Stan, i just says "unlucky Lille 3 posts" if Anderlecht shoot 3 times on the post, Anderlecht are really unlucky, no ?

ClassicD said:
Well, at first I thought he'd dived, but not quite sure now after the hamstring thing. Could have been that he just done his hamstring at the moment he stretched to poke the ball away, but I'll never be absolutely sure he also didn't think "wee chance of a PK here, down I go...".

After having seen the replays I don't think its fair to say Giggs dove in the same manner as Van Persie. Giggs went down because he'd overstretched, and slid, didn't even turn around right away to beg for a penalty, I think he'll of probably thought to himself, well that was lucky.

Van Persie on the other hand did the old, I've been touched help I must fall and roll and flail in the air as if that mean old keeper has just snapped off my big toe with his big nasty gloved hand. And then he has the audacity to come on after the game and say not only that he didn't dive, but diving is terrible for the game! What a f*&king tool!

beachryan said:
After having seen the replays I don't think its fair to say Giggs dove in the same manner as Van Persie. Giggs went down because he'd overstretched, and slid, didn't even turn around right away to beg for a penalty, I think he'll of probably thought to himself, well that was lucky.

Van Persie on the other hand did the old, I've been touched help I must fall and roll and flail in the air as if that mean old keeper has just snapped off my big toe with his big nasty gloved hand. And then he has the audacity to come on after the game and say not only that he didn't dive, but diving is terrible for the game! What a f*&king tool!

Typical mancs fan!!others dive but never in my team:roll:

ALAIN said:
Typical mancs fan!!others dive but never in my team:roll:

a word of advice, never say to a United fan that he's biased (well there are exceptions, look at my previous post in this thread), soon they will say that you are a Man Utd hater....they did the same to me although i was a United fan in the long period before Ferguson when no silverware was won...they are probably some glory seeking kids who'll move on to Chelsea or West Ham United or Portsmouth in a couple of years, but still it's not fun...

van Persie's 'dive' is somewhat reminiscent of a certain wayne rooney his fall against arsenal in late 2004. *sigh*

Put it this way....despite both of these players being the cream of the crop in this new generation, they are also 'clever' players! given the chance and opportunity, they WILL fall despite the slightest touches from the opposing players.

Players who play for an English team (except against the English national team) are clever.
Others are cheating....

Well, well, well...

foxtrot said:
Still, with the Saha penalty claim, if the referee is so anti-Celtic and every element of surprise is erased, why didn't he give it?

Gonnae buy Sky and not watch highlights on STV, CD has already said he handballed the bloody ball first. Andy Gray corrected his initial mistake in thinking it was a penalty.

Giggs did look at the ref for a penalty, watch the replay.

FD

Stan said:
Players who play for an English team (except against the English national team) are clever.
Others are cheating....

Well, well, well...

Me being Portuguese i must say: WELL, WELL, WELL...

:);)

The thing is all fans hate diving for pens or whatever situations BUT who could possibly run his mouth about it? The next day a player from you're very own team flies like a dove allover the pitch!
It's the friggin' AIDS of football and they're all infected ...

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 - [Group Stage - Round 2]

Crouchadonna!!! :D OMG, what a goal by Peter Crouch yesterday, hope that shows all people doubting and bashing him how ignorant they are.

PSV picked up a very imporant win in Bordeaux, who were playing very weak, i really expected more from the French Runner-Up.

Also Inter are 0 from 2 an got 2 red cards yesterday, what is wrong with them??? So much quality, but they have no idea how to use it...

Crouch indeed, lol.

Inter are Galacticos, they're screwed.

Can't Chelsea score without rebounds or fluke goals? They score exactly like my best friend/best rival in PES/WE, rebounds and putbacks all the time...

This is due to Morinho, he playes simple effective football. Never will you see a team managed by him play much else. This team has players capable of playing with flair, scoring from range etc, but the have been told to do the simple things.

Stan said:
Others are cheating....

Well, well, well...

He's dutch.

Himself, Robben and Van Horseface were always being slated for diving in the EPL.

Cloud1863 said:
This is due to Morinho, he playes simple effective football. Never will you see a team managed by him play much else. This team has players capable of playing with flair, scoring from range etc, but the have been told to do the simple things.

Yeah, but you can't instruct football players to shoot "snooker like", and count on various deflections. Well, maybe Mourinho can. :)

Peter Eyres said:
He's dutch.

Himself, Robben and Van Horseface were always being slated for diving in the EPL.

I recently read complains around this forum about Gerrard and Terry diving for example. They're not very dutch are they? Even Giggs got injured while diving... :D

Crap, just read that Eto'o will be out for 5 months. :(

It's a good thing they kept Saviola.

Last edited:

airjoca said:
Crap, just read that Eto'o will be out for 5 months. :(

It's a good thing they kept Saviola.

Yeah crap for sammy...

Luckily saviola couldnt find a new team, so now they still have two strikers in him and Gudjohnsen.

airjoca said:
Yeah, but you can't instruct football players to shoot "snooker like", and count on various deflections. Well, maybe Mourinho can. :)

I recently read complains around this forum about Gerrard and Terry diving for example. They're not very dutch are they? Even Giggs got injured while diving... :D

Gerrard maybe, not not Terry, lol

Owen did it a couple of times.

European players do it all over the field IMO. English players dive for penalties.

l'inter perde ed io godo, vergogna, mancini dimettiti !

si sente la mancanza della juve...

nt89 said:
vergogna, mancini dimettiti
:mrgreen: MA LOL, poor piangini!!

anyways, imho it's not Mancini the one that has to go, there.. they changed a lot of coaches, and never won anything..
that makes me suppose that the problem is something or somone else..

airjoca said:
Can't Chelsea score without rebounds or fluke goals? They score exactly like my best friend/best rival in PES/WE, rebounds and putbacks all the time...

sometimes you post some very Clever/good post but sometimes...:roll:
What is the more important thing for you??Score some fantastic goals or win the game?sometimes you sound like a kid who has never played football and who think in football we can score only long range goalS etc...
What 's wrong if you score during the whole season the same"fluke goals"and you are champion at the end?
oh yes you will say "no we are not champion we didn't score enough "great"goals.
A Goal it's a goal ,it doesn't matter how you score it!!

ALAIN said:
sometimes you post some very Clever/good post but sometimes...:roll:
What is the more important thing for you??Score some fantastic goals or win the game?sometimes you sound like a kid who has never played football and who think in football we can score only long range goalS etc...
What 's wrong if you score during the whole season the same"fluke goals"and you are champion at the end?
oh yes you will say "no we are not champion we didn't score enough "great"goals.
A Goal it's a goal ,it doesn't matter how you score it!!

Sure, but as there's nothing wrong with scoring those types of goals, there's also nothing wrong with prefering beautiful goals. Because you remember those forever. Like that Ronaldinho goal he scored from a stand still position facing Ricardo Carvalho. You won't forget that one will you? ;)

Juninho ! Juninho ! Awesome freekick ! I was hopping a freekick because he didn't score lots this season, maybe none.

Last edited:

At Last, Lille scored several goals and won !
If Bordeaux managed to do the same tomorrow, it would be very nice.

Celtic 3-0 Benfica
(HT 0-0)
K Miller 56
K Miller 66
S Pearson 90

Bookings:
E Sno 69
Bookings:
K Katsouranis 63

Brilliant result for the Bhoys tonight.I thought Maloneys pass for Kenny's 2nd goal was superb.

tuta77 said:
Juninho ! Juninho ! Awesome freekick ! I was hopping a freekick because he didn't score lots this season, maybe none.

just wait on Sunday!!lol;)

Back
Top Bottom