UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 - [Group Stage Draw]

And Lyon:)

If we were to guess how Madrid will do based on Capello's history, Real will win la Liga and be embarassingly knocked out of the CL. But who knows what Capello is thinking.

But on paper their team looks stronger than the last 2 years.

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 - [Group Stage - Round 1]

Well a good night for goalscoring we had yesterday :) (apart from Poule C)

I watched the PSV-Liverpool game, wich turned out to be a bit crappy, both teams were more interested in not conceding then going for a goal. The game was pretty even, and some of the new PSV signings were very impressive in their first CL game like Mendez and Salcido, PSV was lucky when Gerrad put that ball on the post though, but Liverpool didnt really deserve a win, so it was all good.

Inter losing to the Sporting Lissbon youngsters was a big surprise for me, Inter had some good wins so far, and Sporting were missing a couple of players as i read before the game. Guess they thought they would win or draw without giving 100% effort, and that will always turn out wrong.

Some more crackers tonight with Lyon vs Real again, can Lyon beat them for the second year in a row? And also hamburg-Arsenal and Manchester-Celtic to look forward to. :)

I can say that last nite was one of the best nights of football I have seen for along time, 22 goals and some wicked matches.

Not quite sure which was the best goal..

Caneira scored a belter for Sporting to beat Inter...

All Roma's goals came in the second half but they we're all great goals, especially Totti, what a finish with his left peg!!

Bayern also had to wait till the 2nd half, moscow played well and could have scored, but in the second half they we're ruthless, pick of the goals was Schweinsteigers.

Barca won easily, Iniesta and Ronaldinhos goals we're the pick of the 5 IMO.

Match of the night was Olympiacos V Valencia, Valencia came from 1 nil down to win 4-2, Morientes scored a propa hatrick (left foot right foot and finished with a header).

If tonights games are half as good then it will be a good night!!

Since UEFA does not allow two teams having the same sponsor when playing each other in their competitions, Arsenal FC will supposedly have 'Dubai' on their shirt tonight and in the second lag it will be Hamburger SV to change their sponsor. :roll:

Last edited:

wtf? This is incredibly stupid. Same sponsors is not allowed? no stripes on the back? no removing the shirt for celebrations? What next? Same coloured shoes not allowed?

Pathetic.

The only thing the sponsors can gain is lots of money because both teams will be represented by Fly Emirates, but what harm is that to football??

Well done Robin van Diver, you have not even been touched by Sascha Kirschstein but still got a penalty and our keeper sent off after nine minutes. :applause:

Amazing Lyon !!! lead 2 - 0 vs Madrid at the half timr, can be 6 or 7-0 no joke !! without a great Casillas

Great first half by Anderlecht against Lille: 1-0.
Still the difference between both teams is small, an entertaining match this "derby"...
Anderlecht clearly has a better team than the two previous seasons...

airjoca said:
Ryan Giggs just dived for a penalty. Sure, it's the Portuguese that are cheaters, riiiiiiiight..... :D

Portuguese football belongs to a swimming pool mafia my friend. :)

airjoca said:
Ryan Giggs just dived for a penalty. Sure, it's the Portuguese that are cheaters, riiiiiiiight..... :D

He's welsh. Its only the English that don't dive! ;)

Anderlecht - Lille 1-1.
A deserved draw for Lille, who were the better team in the second half. Anderlecht had a couple of big chances to double their advantage but Lille had 3 or 4 chances before the equaliser.
This is not a good result for Anderlecht playing at home, but they played a good match and have a musch better team than recently in the CL.
Biglia, Pareja, Boussoufa, Tchité are all young players and played a very good match. Hassan was fantastic.

kel said:
Well done Robin van Diver, you have not even been touched by Sascha Kirschstein but still got a penalty and our keeper sent off after nine minutes. :applause:

dude! you guys just had your arses handed to you. Your fortunate we 'gave' you a goal at the end but who cares. btw howtf did v persie dive? he was blatantly caught, all the replays show kirschstein catching v persie! :applause:

ooh_harry said:
dude! you guys just had your arses handed to you. Your fortunate we 'gave' you a goal at the end but who cares. btw howtf did v persie dive? he was blatantly caught, all the replays show kirschstein catching v persie! :applause:

You "gave" them a goal, right ...
HSV undeservedly had their goalie sent off after what was nowhere near a foul of Kirschstein, if you ask me. But EVEN IF, the red card still was an indescribable overreaction. Only because of that Arsenal could create the (rather small amount of) chances they had.
And you're so arrogant talking about giving away a goal ...

Anyway, with these fans and passion in the back I don't see why Hamburg shouldn't still be able to make it through the group stage.

incredible...i can`t belive!!!!!!!!!! 4-1 for STEAUA BUCHAREST agains dinamo kyev i can`t belive!!!!!!!!is impossible !!!!!incredible nicolae badea sorin ghionea and 2x nicolae dica !!!!incredible gols by nicolae dica incredible!!!!!real madrid will be beated in bucharest!!!!is incredible!!!!!!!

This Benfica is simply a SHAME, Benfica players SIMPLY ASHAME THE CLUB AND HIS HISTORY.

Fernando Santos: GO HOME!

Rentalkid said:
You "gave" them a goal, right ...
HSV undeservedly had their goalie sent off after what was nowhere near a foul of Kirschstein, if you ask me. But EVEN IF, the red card still was an indescribable overreaction. Only because of that Arsenal could create the (rather small amount of) chances they had.
And you're so arrogant talking about giving away a goal ...

Anyway, with these fans and passion in the back I don't see why Hamburg shouldn't still be able to make it through the group stage.

hamburger did well for their goal. with that i agree.

but the penalty wasnt deserved? the keeper clearly made the contact with van persie. it was a stupid reaction from the keeper to even swipe at van persie once the balls gone past him. the penalty was COMPLETELY deserved, as was the sending off, although i do feel sorry for the guy.

pretty dominant performance from arsenal in the end, although hamburger did have me tense occasionaly.

rosickys goal was a thing of beauty. :D

kel said:
at least porto & CSKA got 1pt. Rosicky shot a cracker

My LORD! Gourcuff is incredible! The best signing of Milan this summer. His first official game and he makes 1 assist and scores... I was at San Siro and hes already got his own chant. This kid is 20 and his debut is just like Kaka's... infact they play similarly. Great win, easy for us today... Gourcuff will be big.

Milanista said:
My LORD! Gourcuff is incredible! The best signing of Milan this summer. His first official game and he makes 1 assist and scores... I was at San Siro and hes already got his own chant. This kid is 20 and his debut is just like Kaka's... infact they play similarly. Great win, easy for us today... Gourcuff will be big.

I think this wonder kid deserves the number 10 more than the lazy bulldog Seedorf.

Not yet, Seedorf is great too, I think Favalli was poor tonight. Solid game from Simic too today.

Milanista said:
I can't imagine Gourcuff in the futur

ThomasGOAL said:
I can't imagine Gourcuff in the futur

i wait to see him v some stronger team, and looking like kaka isn t a good thing, Milan need players who play good at ALL match, not sometimes.

after 10 years...the biggest win in the hole history !!!!4-1 the best game...incredible gols...superb incredible...real madrid will be in hell at bucharest on ghencea stadiu!!! :lol:

Milanista said:

But how did milan play With kaka and gourcuff at the time??Who was droped??

Back
Top Bottom