Top Spin 4

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)

Yeah, except created tennis players can only have a maximum of 546 (IIRC) points, so the maximum would be an overall of 70 which presumably Nadal for example in PS3 will be higher than, so we can create a Nadal in the 360 version and have him show up in career mode but his stats won't quite tally, personally I think I'd create a couple of real English tennis players so I can humiliate them! Does Henman still play? :)

Tiger Tim retired a few months ago.

I see, I know Rusedski retired a few years ago, guess Tim sucked until the end eh? Maybe I'll make a Macenroe and Connors then ;)

He didn't win any majors, says it all really.

Isn't Macenroe in the game already?

EDIT: Just read that it's Boris Becker.

Becker and Borg are the only two male legends as I recall, not sure if they actually show up in career mode or just for exhibitions......

I got bored with it and stopped playing, hopefully TS3 will keep me interested for longer, one of the things I despised most was having to change side and play from the top of the screen which was just ridiculous for a singleplayer game, thankfully that's confirmed as fixed for TS3......

I got bored with it and stopped playing, hopefully TS3 will keep me interested for longer, one of the things I despised most was having to change side and play from the top of the screen which was just ridiculous for a singleplayer game, thankfully that's confirmed as fixed for TS3......
Well thats a positive mate. I couldnt stand being Forced to play that view in Career Mode either!

I'm wondering if you'll simply stay at the bottom of the screen and not change ends at all, obviously a bit lazy of them but means they won't have to model 360 degrees of the tennis courts........

My copy has arrived from Shopto.

Only able to have a quick few games before leaving for work.

My initial impressions are that this game is very good. The graphics are superb and the gameplay is more of a simulation style compared to Virtua Tennis. I have been very impressed by the way players move around the court and shot selection is superb, the AI players were also very good on the medium difficulty setting. The action on the court in my opinion feels very realistic. I think that this game will also be very good multiplayer wise with plenty of close matches, although I haven't tested this.

Really looking forward to getting stuck into the career mode.

This is a game that will get played for a few weeks then never be played again

theres just not enough variety to make anyone keep playing a tennis games, especially single player

This is a game that will get played for a few weeks then never be played again

theres just not enough variety to make anyone keep playing a tennis games, especially single player
He always has to spoil things doesnt he :)

True though Coopz, I played TS2 for about a month, got dead stuck on the Career mode and never played it again.

Good game for multiplayer don't get me wrong

but like i say Tennis is very limited to say the least so you would play 1 game then turn it off because it got boring

My brother has his copy and noticed that you can no longer hold the button down for as long as you like and expect an auto hit, you now need to release the button to complete the swing. This change in itself is pretty radical as you can't charge up power shots if you don't get into position early enough, so basically the slice and topspin button are now back in business. This could mean some seriously tactical games.

2nd of all, no more auto positioning, whereas before you just needed to be in the general vicinity of the ball to start the animation, you now need to be spot on with your footwork!

is shopto a good place to order games from? im torn between this game, bf bc and ferrari challenge

I'm tempted to buy this game. I will certainly buy it later, but I have still plenty of games to play.

I created myself, John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors for career mode (the latter two will hopefully show up at some point as opponents), annoying lack of hairstyles to choose from, instead they put in a bunch of silly hairstyles and hats that are completely unrealistic :( Had to end up using a cap for my character as there's not even a simple short all over with spiky fringe type hairstyle :(

ShopTo are VERY good, I'd highly recommend them.

Are they better than Play then, I take it? Given that Play advertise 3-5 days for delivery whereas ShopTo advertise 24 hours?

Would also be cool to get a few thoughts on how this is overall especially from a gameplay point of view as predictably mine hasn't arrived yet.

yea say if i was to order a game today. it will arrive tomorrow? next day free delivery?

Posts from peeps who have this please, good, bad, ugly...?

very very good - only played single player so far but you are now in total control - range of shots is huge.

also, you can hold shot button as you run across court and let it go exactly when you want which is fantastic.

It's also very hard to begin with in a good way - because evry thing has to be accounted for i.e. body position, distance from ball, timing.

Further, the risk shots are now more intuitive as they don't involve a stupid meter, but are reliant on how good a position you're in to make the extra effort of a power/placement shot.

Got mine from shopto (£26 minus £2 through a voucher i got off eurogamer) - even if do get bored after a couple of months, still worth the low price, which is a shopto bargain and not reflective of the quality of this game).

I also vote for very good so far, final vote depends on how deep the career mode is, hard to say as I've only just progressed to the junior tour (objective is to finish the season as one of the top 3 juniors).......

very very good - only played single player so far but you are now in total control - range of shots is huge.

also, you can hold shot button as you run across court and let it go exactly when you want which is fantastic.

It's also very hard to begin with in a good way - because evry thing has to be accounted for i.e. body position, distance from ball, timing.

Further, the risk shots are now more intuitive as they don't involve a stupid meter, but are reliant on how good a position you're in to make the extra effort of a power/placement shot.

Got mine from shopto (£26 minus £2 through a voucher i got off eurogamer) - even if do get bored after a couple of months, still worth the low price, which is a shopto bargain and not reflective of the quality of this game).

Sounding good, thanks for the info...:SAL:

Can you tell the difference between surfaces, shot bounce etc?

Back
Top Bottom