Top Spin 4

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)

.. looks good in my opinion, but gameplay will be interesting. Of all the tennis games ive played (and ive researched and played many based on others opinions), i have to say, the most realistic (ball speed, shots based on timing, 50 of the best players at the time and therefore larger tournament draws) was a psx game called world pro tennis '98... ive currently playing it on my psp (emulation), but wow.. the things in this game that current games dont have is amazing.. eg.
1. ball speed is spot on, and good serves can be near impossible to return
2. timing of serves depend on player, eg. agassi has low ball toss (need to hit it early) while sampras who has high ball toss (needs to hit it late for a great serve).
3. ball can be played on during faults or balls that have gone out or hit net.. and in multi player, you can just keep rallying.. until someone lets it go or past other player.
4. 4 different strength shots and thats not including the slice. eg. holding r1 while you do normal shot button, hits the ball out alost all the time - used if way behind baseline, or if you just wanna smash it into the guy at the net.
5. Different reaction taunts, i think there are 3 for wins, eg. the hewitt 'comeon', and 3 for a lost point, eg. throwing the racket, and even one where you say something out aloud in discust.. can be used after any point.. if you win.. itll be positive..but u can choose of the 3, if you lose, itll be negative.. you chose one of the 3.

and thats just a few i can remember.. graphics are the typical psx type.. not great..but they court is very professionally done.. with all the appropriate officials and props to make it look great..

anyways.. give it a go!!! i thought the ps2 smash court pro tennis was the most realistic game ive played.. until i gave world pro tennis 98 a go.. whats amazing is that wpt98 has yet to be surpassed in terms of realistic gameplay and 10 years have passed..

from the video with Nadal on the PS Store US the game are in 1080p nativ :DANCE:

1080p and 1080i mean diddly squat for us

you have to have 20/20 vision, a massive TV and a certain viewing distance

some people just think ooooooo 1080i is better so i need it without actually checking that facts

The game comes out 3 days before Wimbledon with that delay.

The game comes out 3 days before Wimbledon with that delay.

Great, I'll be playing this in my rain breaks!
And use picture-in-picture to check when it comes back on!

I'll also be playing FIFA08 or Euro08 online after the end of play, in between the Euro08 games :D

Looks good, just a shame they didn't really go into any depth about the career mode, oh well.......

Some French site had a video interview with some French 2k dude, obviously nobody wants to snooze through a French interview (other than the French of course), so I snipped out just the footage:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyrdmjdrmmm
Top_Spin_3_Preview.wmv

Also includes footage of Top Spin 2, I guess the interviewer was talking about why Top Spin3 is better or whetever but I left that in so we can all see how massively different Top Spin 3 is ;)

Well, I'll be on holiday for all of Wimbledon this year so hopefully won't be suckered into paying out £40 to play a tennis game for a couple of weeks then leave it alone! :-pp

Shockingly you can't play a doubles match online with 3 other players you can only play 2 on one machine v 2 on another machine, I really find that bizarre to say the least........

I knew that a while ago Placebo, and it still is shocking, yes :((.

I got the lastest XBOX world magazine, gave the game 90%. Called the controls revolutionary, and said it made Virtua Tennis gameplay look like pong.

You should be able to play 4 people at doubles (Seperate consoles).

I really don't understand when people make great games - why they miss out the basic features that would make the game a whole lot better.

It just seems lazy in some ways.

I got the lastest XBOX world magazine, gave the game 90%. Called the controls revolutionary, and said it made Virtua Tennis gameplay look like pong.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

TS2 was my first game and I loved it, can't wait for this!

1080p and 1080i mean diddly squat for us

you have to have 20/20 vision, a massive TV and a certain viewing distance

some people just think ooooooo 1080i is better so i need it without actually checking that facts

those arent facts mate... there is no proof either way. This debate has been raging for a while now. 1080i certainly looks ALOT better then 720p. However the debate is truly 1080i vs 1080p. You certainly dont need 20/20 vision....

but you need a big tv and a certain viewing distance ;))

This is great. I had always had it in my mind to get this when it came out but didn't realize how close to release it was so ordered it this morning.

Is it true Nadal is only on the PS3?

Yep Sony exclusive for some bizarre reason.

Apparently as with one of the early Fight Nights, you can use the create mode to create other tennis players and they will show up in the career mode as potential opponents.......

Back
Top Bottom