The Retro-PES Corner

@fmicablues7 could you tell me which version of WE9 LE are you playing? I played 5 ML games (6 stars of course) with a 17/18 patched one and I just took one goal, but it's full of overhaul tactics and stats so maybe this is screwing the game somehow.

@miguelfcp really nice idea for this challenge! Will contribute for sure.
Try the WE9LE 2015-2016 all in one by (greezer?). It has something twiked, not so aggresive AI to be honest but on click better than PES5. But its default camera is one of the best i have seen in retro-pes!
It is 2) here:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/#post-2493936

@Madmac79 I use the first patch ever created for WE9LE, the k-patch from 2006 + WE9LE exe 4.7c from kingsley + also gameplay.dll for kitserver.

@miguelfcp Wouldn't it be better to recap in a post all the goals submitted by the users ? It would help a lot to choose, not having to go through all the posts from the week. I'm willing to do it, if needed.

Last edited:
@Madmac79 I am using the WE9LE version shared on the retro online thread. The patch that come with has been assembled by lazoli (Am I right?) and it is really great stuff. You can also join the network and play online with others evo web users. By the way anyone interested to play a quick game online can send me a PM to arrange a game or two.

@Titch I couldn't say for certain but it does seem to me that the AI would be better if there is something on the game. For instance if it's 1-1 after 75 minutes in an exhibition how much does it go for a win, compared to the same situation if it's a cup match? Maybe it's the same but it seems like it's more competitive.

Of course the downside is the ai team might get unlucky and have a bunch of down arrows and not play it's best players where as in an exhibition it'll play the set team and you can decide on the arrows. So it's a chance to play all green arrows with all players at their actual stats which is good for testing.

Just want to know what PES you gentlemen think has the most variation in terms of goal scoring ? Having played we9le and pes6 extensively, i think pes 6 edges over we9le with pes 2008 right up there. There are lot of awkward bounces around the dbox that make up for excellent random goals, and having relatively OP longshots add to that wow factor.

@Chilleverest Hard to say. I have played PES6 by far the most and have to say I still see things I haven't seen before happening even now and goals I haven't seen before so it would certainly be up there I would say.

Probably PES5 or a relation to it. I've seen and created several sorts of goals happen on that game.

Sounds interesting @Rayemou , must be much better than the goals that can be scored in PES 6, my Default Originals Squad (DOS), can only manage a goal by smacking a low three-tap cross:x::x::x: in off the back of the COM Keepers head. :NONO::NONO::NONO:

:BY: Just seen a forum member called @Effenberg , could it really be the former German midfield playmaker, who was as interesting off the pitch as on it. Once came out of international retirement, when a German manager he could not stand got sacked, just so he could retire again under a new boss,
that is class. :TU::TU::TU:

Sounds interesting @Rayemou , must be much better than the goals that can be scored in PES 6, my Default Originals Squad (DOS), can only manage a goal by smacking a low three-tap cross:x::x::x: in off the back of the COM Keepers head. :NONO::NONO::NONO:
I feel like PES5 is both dependent on player ability and the footballer's ability (moreso than PES6 which seems to send most of my shots flying over the bar unless I literally tap the [] button).

World Live Season - EPL Fixture 1

Newcastle United vs Tottenham(Me) PES 2014 PSP

Newcastle got off to a flying start and quickly went up 2-0. Tottenham and their talent would not be shut out though. They fought back and were able to end the game strong.

38864849_1414580625353056_5805076156596092928_n.jpg

Newcastle 0 - 0 Spurs

Goal of the Week, Week #1 :

@MafiaMurderBag
#1 Kaka WE9LE PC :
lDwxhJH.gif

@geeeeee
#1 Kane PES 2008 PS2 :
giphy.gif

@miguelfcp
#1 Fredriksson PES 2008 PS2 :
https://streamable.com/4q84r

@mattmid
#1 Heinrichs PES 6 PC :
(first one)

#2 Bellarabi PES 6 PC :
(second one)

#3 Baptistão PES 6 PC :

@Madmac79
#1 Alex PES 2008 PS2 :

@papinho81
#1 Larsson WE9LE PC :
https://youtu.be/Jxw0mvCkoq4

@Anjin
#1 Scholes PES 3 PC :

#2 Stupid CPU player without name PES 3 PC :
https://youtu.be/aKHydM5M0kw

@fmicablues7
#1 Aliadière WE9LE PC :
https://youtu.be/OoaqyhiqBiY

Votes from Retro-PES Corner members :
Kaka -> 0 votes
Kane -> 0 votes
Fredriksson -> 0 votes
Heinrichs -> 1 vote (@miguelfcp)
Bellarabi -> 1 vote (@fmicablues7 )
Baptistão -> 0 votes
Alex -> 0 votes
Larsson -> 0 votes
Scholes -> 0 votes
CPU player own goal -> 0 votes
Aliadière -> 0 votes

Sorry for the delay, i was working today. I hope i didn't forget anyone.

Edit : It seems like i can't post more than 5 embed medias on a single post, unfortunately.

I just noticed that @geeeeee's goal and my goal look very similar :PP

Last edited:
World Live Season - EPL Fixture 1

I decided to play Arsenal (me) against City (CPU) on WE9LE (retro pes online version). I fired it up on a konami custom cup and what a game it was. No goals scored but it was a really intense game.

upload_2018-8-11_20-17-23.png

So the score remains unchanged between this two

World Live Season - Arsenal 1 point - 0 points Manchester City

Votes from Retro-PES Corner members :
Kaka -> 1 votes @mattmid
Kane -> 0 votes
Fredriksson -> 0 votes
Heinrichs -> 1 vote @miguelfcp
Bellarabi -> 1 vote @fmicablues7
Baptistão -> 0 votes
Alex -> 0 votes
Larsson -> 0 votes
Scholes -> 0 votes
CPU player own goal -> 0 votes
Aliadière -> 0 votes

Final five games in PES 3 Master League Divsion 1. second season (800 pts per player salary cap save). A bugger of a tricky Division 1 Cup Final against Europort (Liverpool) and four tough league games to reach second or third in the table.
Big Pot of Costa Rican coffee brewed now (and to beat my homies @mattmid and @miguelfcp to the punch, I have a good blend of players too :WOOT::WOOT::WOOT:).

Can't say I would ever give up the this toughest PES edition for any other game. PES 3 kicks your ass every time you think you are getting the better of it. Players like EMO, Adriano, Zidane, Vieri, Recoba are damn near unplayable in this wonderful game where every single stat is visible in the gameplay on the pitch. :BSCARF::BSCARF::BSCARF:

In my quest for 3 non default misfit ML signings, i have Borges who is just 174 (roughly 5' 8'') goalie. Here, he shows his incredible vertical jump that can rival some NBA players. It was an incredible double save from the wee man.

Speaking of goalies, the vote goes to :
Fredriksson

vwcVG4J.jpg

Last edited:
World Live Season

Liverpool 2 v West Ham (me) 0

Highlights...

I love the Mane finish by the CPU. How good is it. What is even better is he had a one on one earlier, the keeper came out and Mane tried to lob him but the keeper jumped up and caught it. This time Mane got it just right.

Liverpool 1 points West Ham 0

Back
Top Bottom