The Retro-PES Corner

I found out this ML youth problem when I play with geeeeee's WE9LE global adjusted OF. That's why I cannot continue on my ML save because all new ML youth player stats are much higher than other players.

I found out this ML youth problem when I play with geeeeee's WE9LE global adjusted OF. That's why I cannot continue on my ML save because all new ML youth player stats are much higher than other players.

That's a shame. Besides, there is no option to turn off players development in WE9LE, isn't it ? I guess i will play a ML in PES 6 with players development turned off.

Hello,

Just managed to read this whole thread and some great posts.

I had enough of modern day FIFA on the PS3 so decided to buy a PS2 slim. I purchased PES5 as that was one of my fave PES games in the series.

At the moment I am updating the default Option File (removing classic players and duplicates) to make a decent option file in the era when the game was released. I used Max but couldn't find an option file with the older data so decided on my own. At the moment i am going through old PESFAN pages and Evo Web to find stats of players.

Once that's all done I will start a Master League and maybe have a website or blog (similar to what the dude does on CM97/98)

I wanted to play again Pes 2013 , but I'm a bit frustrated with it at the moment. I lost the dvd years ago and I had to download it elsewhere, but on neither of the two versions I took I can make correctly work Pes Pro Team patch and the gameplay tool. I'm not crazy with the idea of buying a physical version on amazon, but maybe I'll gonna do it. I wonder why Konami doesn't put old Pes versions on Steam for a few bucks I'd gladly spend? It's not like they're gonna steal FUT kids away. Meh.

Anyway, I casually fired up a super old save folder of Pes 5, with the most beautiful ML I've probably ever done (7 seasons cycle with a Serie A transplanted Chelsea in which I gradually won all, with an incredible number of epic games that I still remember), and the memories of that great gameplay all hit me like a train. I'd love to embark again on a similar journey but it's kinda hard to choose a proper edition of Pes and a proper challenge/focus/objective that will make the game feel alive and purposeful in that way.

I wanted to play again Pes 2013 , but I'm a bit frustrated with it at the moment. I lost the dvd years ago and I had to download it elsewhere, but on neither of the two versions I took I can make correctly work Pes Pro Team patch and the gameplay tool. I'm not crazy with the idea of buying a physical version on amazon, but maybe I'll gonna do it. I wonder why Konami doesn't put old Pes versions on Steam for a few bucks I'd gladly spend? It's not like they're gonna steal FUT kids away. Meh.

Anyway, I casually fired up a super old save folder of Pes 5, with the most beautiful ML I've probably ever done (7 seasons cycle with a Serie A transplanted Chelsea in which I gradually won all, with an incredible number of epic games that I still remember), and the memories of that great gameplay all hit me like a train. I'd love to embark again on a similar journey but it's kinda hard to choose a proper edition of Pes and a proper challenge/focus/objective that will make the game feel alive and purposeful in that way.
Try pte patch.I am in a similar position with you.My dvd rom in my laptop is broken so i cant use my original DVDs.PTE patch workwd for me in pes 13 case.It is alil bit portugal based and for examplw dimaria has no face he is invisible (for real),but it has all dlcs amd latest version.Konami should have an individual store for older pes and dlcs.It is really sad yoy must be a BillGates programmer level to make the PS3 gen run with latest versions.

Try pte patch.I am in a similar position with you.My dvd rom in my laptop is broken so i cant use my original DVDs.PTE patch workwd for me in pes 13 case.It is alil bit portugal based and for examplw dimaria has no face he is invisible (for real),but it has all dlcs amd latest version.Konami should have an individual store for older pes and dlcs.It is really sad yoy must be a BillGates programmer level to make the PS3 gen run with latest versions.

Thank you my man, top suggestion as always from you!! Just took PTE and tried it, it does work wonderful and it has the gameplay tool too. Can't wait to play with those many settings indeed! I had no idea there was such a big editor for Pes 2013 until practically days ago when the idea of playing again this game came to my mind.

By the way the Di Maria from the version I downloaded is fine. Maybe it's a bit dated? It is from 2013-2014 season, but I don't particularly mind to be honest.

Thank you my man, top suggestion as always from you!! Just took PTE and tried it, it does work wonderful and it has the gameplay tool too. Can't wait to play with those many settings indeed! I had no idea there was such a big editor for Pes 2013 until practically days ago when the idea of playing again this game came to my mind.

By the way the Di Maria from the version I downloaded is fine. Maybe it's a bit dated? It is from 2013-2014 season, but I don't particularly mind to be honest.
You are welocme my friend. Im really glad it helped as i saw by myself that as the years pass it is more and more difficult to find active links for PES patches especially for pes 2011,2013,2014. For 2013 patch yes it is season 2013-2014 dated.I dont mind also ,did some signature transfers like Neymar to pSG but the rest are the same.
By now i dont experiment with gameplay slider as i try to be 100% familiar with the original gameplay. I try to find why 2013 is so beloved between some pes fans.

@ahmed_1: Welcome mate, glad you're enjoying it here.
PES5 on the PS2 is a must-have, really. It's a fantastic platform that works so well for me in short competitions like a World Cup. Last night I fired up the PSP version of it (same gameplay as the PS2 version, it's a port) for a couple of random friendly matches and had a blast; the grittiness, the physicality, the midfield battles, it's all there. Too bad it doesn't have either a Cup or a ML mode, otherwise I don't think I'd play anything else on the PSP.

@Madmac79: Don't forget we have our ML Challenge Vault in the 1st page of the thread, maybe it could help you choose one for your save.

You are welocme my friend. Im really glad it helped as i saw by myself that as the years pass it is more and more difficult to find active links for PES patches especially for pes 2011,2013,2014. For 2013 patch yes it is season 2013-2014 dated.I dont mind also ,did some signature transfers like Neymar to pSG but the rest are the same.
By now i dont experiment with gameplay slider as i try to be 100% familiar with the original gameplay. I try to find why 2013 is so beloved between some pes fans.

Yes, we should make some kind of patches archive somewhere indeed.. I started to save what I could on another hard disk, but the amount of stuff at risk of being lost is really big..

By the way, judging by your last line I guess you entirely skipped 2013 then? I had ton of fun, even with some evident flaw probably the last great chapter Konami ever put out (it was the last heavy stats based one after all!). After the new gen came out I never played it again, for some reason only my unconscious knows. I'll gladly try to explore it once again.. with the modded cameras, the forced hi-res and the custom scoreboard it already feels like a new game :D. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

@miguelfcp I was indeed reviewing your suggestions hours ago :) . Very undecided between The Porto, The Mourinho, The Simeone or a broader Salary Cap. Was gonna consider even the 300 as having a minimal roster always intrigued me and I've actually never seriously pulled it out, but this time I'd like to do some good market/scouting around so I don't know, with so few players comes less possibilities in that sense. A lot depends on which edition I'll start one. We'll see!

That's a shame. Besides, there is no option to turn off players development in WE9LE, isn't it ? I guess i will play a ML in PES 6 with players development turned off.

@fmicablues7 , you may find the gameplay a bit slow and loose compared to PES 3 mate. We are the main PES 3 on the Playstation 2 supporters here and it is hard to adapt to the slower passing and lower velocity shots in later PES games.

Not sure that just switching off player development will make much difference. I found the ML campaign in PES 6 just a slog and all the ML default players are a sad and aged shadow of their wonderful past. :COAT::COAT::COAT:

For the PSP crowd who might be reading this, the wonderful patchmakers who're still editing PSP PES these days have found a way to get a playable tv-broadcast style camera on the game, which is great news because most people couldn't get along with PSP PES exactly for the fact that you couldn't see most of the players on the pitch as you're able to in a non-portable console. Haven't tried it myself yet but it's looking amazing:

@miguelfcp , that looks amazing, always wondered about how people play a Master League on a tiny PSP screen, mind you, my eyesight is awful (jam jar base glasses) :CRY: and can just about manage seeing the wide camera angle needed to play the game at the top difficulty setting, on a 26 inch TV screen. (NTSC 60 HZ 480i SD).

@mattmid I think you mentioned earlier you were using global adjustments for your PES 6 option file. Could you share your formula ? I actually like the Firebird Patch gameplay, but the formula was never disclosed unfortunately.

@fmicablues7 No it wasn't global adjustments that I made. I've done several different methods (adjustments from FM stats) on my option files but none of them were global based.

What I have found over time is that one of the key's is to have the teamwork fairly decent. In my latest one (the one I am doing the Norwegian leagues on) I have the lowest set to 70. Also aggression the same as that effects how attacking the players are and seems to make the ai more attacking I've found. I also kept the response at a 70 low point as well as I think that's another thing that helps the ai in that it's player can react quickly to things which makes it a little tougher. At the moment I have speed between 50-70 but I did have it at 10-30 and actually found that really good as the variance in players seemed quite noticeable probably due to the % difference. If you have a 25 running against a 17 that's around 30% difference where as 88 against an 80 is less than 10 of course.

ATT and DEF I had low points of 60 and 55

Here's all the low totals I had for each skill and I then had a multiplier on the FM stat (or stats as for some I used 2 or more for an ability) So for instance a low of 50 and a multiplier of 2 would mean someone with 12 on FM would be 50+ (12*2) so 74.

I also went for low stamina which admittedly means accumulated fatigue is too tough but turning that off and playing 20 minutes games I found it really shows up during the game and subs can become really key.

Balance I also went low with a 3 multiplier, this really helps with one on one challenges allowing for strong players to really excel in the challenges as they would against a small weaker player, and I think it also leads to more free kicks in those sorts of duels.

And lowest of all is Mentality as that has a bearing on how much tiredness effects their play so ties in nicely with the lower stamina

Of course if you want to do an ML where the accumulated fatigue has to be on then you'll have to have higher stamina otherwise it'll be a nightmare I imagine!

So, skill, low point, multiplier

ATT 60, 2
DEF 55, 2
BAL 30, 3
STA 30, 3
SPE 10, 1
ACC 20, 2
RES 70, 1
AGI 50, 2
DRA 50, 2
DRS 65, 1
SPA 50, 2
SPS 30, 3
LPA 50, 2
LPS 30, 3
SHA 30, 3
SHP 50, 2
SHT 50, 2
SWE 70,1
HEA 50, 2
JUM 50, 2
TEC 50, 2
AGG 70, 1
MEN 10, 3
GK For this I used GK% on the FM export and it seems to work really well
TWK 70, 1

I've found this to work really well and produce a good game but that's just me we all like it different of course.

Hope this helps or gives you some ideas at least. :)

@WhoAteMeDinner: It takes time to adapt to the PSP screen, particularly because you have to use the radar a lot more to see where both teams' players are. Now with this broadcast camera that problem doesn't exist anymore, you can see the vast majority of them all the time. What I don't know exactly yet is if that camera patch takes a toll on the quality of the graphics, will test it out later.

@WhoAteMeDinner: It takes time to adapt to the PSP screen, particularly because you have to use the radar a lot more to see where both teams' players are. Now with this broadcast camera that problem doesn't exist anymore, you can see the vast majority of them all the time. What I don't know exactly yet is if that camera patch takes a toll on the quality of the graphics, will test it out later.

Well broadcast seems to be a similar range of view to the wide camera setting I always use and graphics are not that much a factor, as you are so far back and all players are very small.

From what I can tell it's a bit further away from the pitch than the PSP wide camera. Also the way the camera "swings", makes it look like it's a real broadcast, compared to how rigid the original wide one is on the console...I don't know how did these guys do it, honestly.

@fmicablues7 No it wasn't global adjustments that I made. I've done several different methods (adjustments from FM stats) on my option files but none of them were global based.

What I have found over time is that one of the key's is to have the teamwork fairly decent. In my latest one (the one I am doing the Norwegian leagues on) I have the lowest set to 70. Also aggression the same as that effects how attacking the players are and seems to make the ai more attacking I've found. I also kept the response at a 70 low point as well as I think that's another thing that helps the ai in that it's player can react quickly to things which makes it a little tougher. At the moment I have speed between 50-70 but I did have it at 10-30 and actually found that really good as the variance in players seemed quite noticeable probably due to the % difference. If you have a 25 running against a 17 that's around 30% difference where as 88 against an 80 is less than 10 of course.

ATT and DEF I had low points of 60 and 55

Here's all the low totals I had for each skill and I then had a multiplier on the FM stat (or stats as for some I used 2 or more for an ability) So for instance a low of 50 and a multiplier of 2 would mean someone with 12 on FM would be 50+ (12*2) so 74.

I also went for low stamina which admittedly means accumulated fatigue is too tough but turning that off and playing 20 minutes games I found it really shows up during the game and subs can become really key.

Balance I also went low with a 3 multiplier, this really helps with one on one challenges allowing for strong players to really excel in the challenges as they would against a small weaker player, and I think it also leads to more free kicks in those sorts of duels.

And lowest of all is Mentality as that has a bearing on how much tiredness effects their play so ties in nicely with the lower stamina

Of course if you want to do an ML where the accumulated fatigue has to be on then you'll have to have higher stamina otherwise it'll be a nightmare I imagine!

So, skill, low point, multiplier

ATT 60, 2
DEF 55, 2
BAL 30, 3
STA 30, 3
SPE 10, 1
ACC 20, 2
RES 70, 1
AGI 50, 2
DRA 50, 2
DRS 65, 1
SPA 50, 2
SPS 30, 3
LPA 50, 2
LPS 30, 3
SHA 30, 3
SHP 50, 2
SHT 50, 2
SWE 70,1
HEA 50, 2
JUM 50, 2
TEC 50, 2
AGG 70, 1
MEN 10, 3
GK For this I used GK% on the FM export and it seems to work really well
TWK 70, 1

I've found this to work really well and produce a good game but that's just me we all like it different of course.

Hope this helps or gives you some ideas at least. :)

Thanks, that's really helpful. A few more questions, if you don't mind though : Why only a range of 20 for speed, why not use a larger range to create more individuality (for example 1-30 instead of 10-30) ? What about Free-kick accuracy stat ? Any tweaks related to special abilities ?

I tried your English Leagues OF and the gameplay feels really good. The formula wasn't exactly the same, but i guess it was pretty similar.

@fmicablues7 Thanks, yes it was a little different, the central european file progressed from there and then onto the current one. I agree re the speed, it's something I should try out, the main reason for the low range was I wanted to see how it played with a really low speed as the max but you're right, why not extend to 30 or 40 range or as you say start at 1.

Ah yes, I see I missed the FK one out! That was 50,2. Something I didn't mention too was I set swerve high because I thought, it's not exactly rocket science to get a curve on the ball these days I mean even defenders play a curved pass to each other across the back and it's resulted in some really nice shots by the CPU as well. There's a couple of goals from the file on the screenshots/videos pes6 thread from some South American teams that are also on the file.

Special Abilities I base on the FM stat. For instance, let's say middle shooting. I take a look at all the players FM stat for long shooting and see how many players are at a certain number or higher. It normally works out to somewhere between 11 and 13 for most of them. So I choose what number gives about 8-10% of the players equal or above it and all those get the middle shooting stat and so on for others. Also though for this one I did exclude certain positions from certain special abilities. For instance I've found that if you give too many players the tactical dribbling stat that aren't wide men the cpu tends to over dribble all the time so I only have that on WG or SM. I used a larger % for passing as well to encourage more passing from the cpu to help try to stop that which does seem to help. I do think the more special abilities the better the cpu plays but I don't know if that's true. It might be that on top teams and players perhaps they'd be too many but on the copa libertadores teams and norwegian teams I was using for the file it seemed idea.

As promised here is my WE7I patch which I combined from several patches from the past. Hope you enjoy...

PS: I also have my own WE9LE PC patch I'd like to share if some of you are interested. Same concept, focus was on keeping the default game. I even run a server so maybe we can play a few games online sharing the same database which is untouched except with corrected names of course.

https://www58.zippyshare.com/v/dAs50oZG/file.html

As promised here is my WE7I patch which I combined from several patches from the past. Hope you enjoy...

PS: I also have my own WE9LE PC patch I'd like to share if some of you are interested. Same concept, focus was on keeping the default game. I even run a server so maybe we can play a few games online sharing the same database which is untouched except with corrected names of course.

https://www58.zippyshare.com/v/dAs50oZG/file.html

Thanks man! Was looking forward to it. Will try it after the WC games or at the worst tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom