The Retro-PES Corner

@Mr. Mine heh heh you beat me to it. I was just going to post how much i love this thread even if i am not a regular poster. I enjoy reading very much.

I’ve been reading the PES2019 thread and it’s the same reading as almost every year. The game is building so many expectations but will most probably disappoint as always.

While the chat there is about catch up bug and if stats matter etc...Here we are consistenty talking positively and about the individuality in players and how much stats DO make a difference. Even the little discussion we had about the Consistency stat shows how far ahead retro PES is regardless of what one we prefer.

Thanks guys :)

@geeeeee Not sure, but it does seem to keep the arrows more to level at worst generally, there are still down one's but not often. Set them all to 8 and see how it looks in a league.

@Mr. Mine: Welcome to our Corner, appreciate your words!

@geeeeee: You nailed it really: the atmosphere here is just fantastic. I'm proud of what we've all been building here on our Corner, particularly in an age where whole forums are shut down because of fans of PES attacking each other and the fact that there's so much divisiveness in the community. Instead we have people sharing their work, stories, ideas and discussing the games in an educated and friendly manner...the air is breathable. Thank you all for this!

Inspired by @miguelfcp 's post a couple of weeks back about running a tournament in 'watching' mode I've decided to run a World Cup 2018 using one of the pes6 patches that has all the squads.

The only problem is the games won't necessarily come out in the same order but I'm not going to worry about that.

I've already watched the first two games from Group A which actually were the same games.

Russia got a 2-0 win over Saudi Arabia with goals from Gazinsky and Smolov in the first half before seeing it out in the second.

Uruguay took the lead through Cavani before a late Salah equaliser in stoppage time!

So

Group A

Russia 3
Egypt 1
Uruguay 1
Saudi Arabia 0

Next Group B where Spain meet Morocco and Portugal take on Iran first.

@mattmid: Gazinsky scored the first of the goal of the WC in real-life too, didn't he?
Glad you brought that idea up again, I think I'll run one simulation too on a PSP version one of these days.

I am on track to make
@Mr. Mine: Welcome to our Corner, appreciate your words!

@geeeeee: You nailed it really: the atmosphere here is just fantastic. I'm proud of what we've all been building here on our Corner, particularly in an age where whole forums are shut down because of fans of PES attacking each other and the fact that there's so much divisiveness in the community. Instead we have people sharing their work, stories, ideas and discussing the games in an educated and friendly manner...the air is breathable. Thank you all for this!

The PES love is infectious, in this corner and other threads too, let the friendly, funny and interesting PES ideas and retro passion flow across the web like a happy hour run amok. :LOVE::LOVE::LOVE:

Group B first fixtures complete

Spain v Morocco

Spain dominated possession against Morocco and took the lead on the stroke of half time through a diving header from Costa from a Nacho cross. They had several other chances but couldn't increase their lead and Morocco had a couple of chances to equalise but couldn't take them.

Portugal v Iran

Iran took a shock first half lead against Portugal through Amoun then early in the second half nearly got a lucky second when a shot deflected up and almost over Rui Patricio but he just got his fingertips to it. On 70 minutes Guedes grabbed an equaliser and that's the way it finished.

Group B
Spain 3
Portugal 1
Iran 1
Morocco 0

I think this place deserves a forum on here or its own forum (obviously not competing with E-W)

Maybe if I do ever get round to making a retro-PES wiki I can add a forum :p

I thought the Mexico goal today was right out of the early PES games playbook, a fast break from your own box and a goal inside ten seconds. Chapeau Mexico. :GSCARF::RSCARF::GSCARF:

The problem with most modern sports games is they want everything to be almost photo realistic in animations and presentation. so it makes the games feel kinda automated and laggy, not really reacting quickly or having tight controls.

They're not twitch fun like sports actually are in real life or like the older games were more like...when they weren't trying to make everything LOOK so realistic. Screw that, if I want that I'll just watch the real thing. I just want a game that's actually fun to play.

Going back a little and reading thru the thread, it's interesting to see all the love for 3, as I do remember really liking 3 & 5 and disliking 4 & 6 back then...plus all the later stuff I tried after that. Although I haven't tried this 2008 game on the PS2 yet, that geeee seems to be high on, but I'm gonna grab a copy today. I know we kinda like the same style more defensive game with a lot of midfield battles.

I did update many national teams 2 years ago for the Euro/Copa tournaments for PES5, But I've played that game so much over the years I am kinda sick of it (especially vs the cpu) and would like to try some 3 or 2008 with a somewhat updated option file. I'd be willing to do some editing on these WC teams if we had something recent to work off.

Don't know what the most updated option files would be for these games, but I just found this for 2008. Anybody mess with it ?

https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2018/02/pes-2008-ps2-option-file-new-season.html

1rbzh3.png

Couldn't resist :D

I've tried experimenting with other editions in this last weeks, but lately I've always been coming back to the beautiful, simple deepness of Pes 3, even if just for friendlies. It's fascinating, as already said extensively by @fmicablues7 , how players effectively play accordingly to their characteristics. It's not perfect of course, but it's truly satisfying seeing let's say Kluivert, post player with great body balance and good headers, effectively flanking and opening spaces for his offensive midfielders, while having others like Ronaldo trying to go straight towards the goal with dribbling or runs. The same can be said for classy players.

https://mega.nz/#F!dR4ASByY!JfYIMjf8JH6ejlsteiS22Q

Unfortunately, you won't find any recent patch/option file for PES 3, except this one from 2016.
I can't tell about this patch's quality though, i didn't play it.

Is it possible to install this patch on Pes 3? It seems it is WE7 oriented.

It's a shame there isn't a deeper edit mode or even just more patches, there are Pes editions that aren't honestly worth half Pes 3 yet have ten times the scarce support this title has. As of now I'm all about the gameplay, but I'd love to edit modern players in the game. I just have an hard time do it with kits this old, it would kill a bit immersion for me.

I've tried experimenting with other editions in this last weeks, but lately I've always been coming back to the beautiful, simple deepness of Pes 3, even if just for friendlies. It's fascinating, as already said extensively by @fmicablues7 , how players effectively play accordingly to their characteristics. It's not perfect of course, but it's truly satisfying seeing let's say Kluivert, post player with great body balance and good headers, effectively flanking and opening spaces for his offensive midfielders, while having others like Ronaldo trying to go straight towards the goal with dribbling or runs. The same can be said for classy players.

Is it possible to install this patch on Pes 3? It seems it is WE7 oriented.

It's a shame there isn't a deeper edit mode or even just more patches, there are Pes editions that aren't honestly worth half Pes 3 yet have ten times the scarce support this title has. As of now I'm all about the gameplay, but I'd love to edit modern players in the game. I just have an hard time do it with kits this old, it would kill a bit immersion for me.

I thought there was a PES 3 edition... Maybe you can try to manually install it over PES 3. The option files from WE7 are compatible with PES 3, you just have to rename it. The dat files are problematic though, i think they don't share the same structure, but most of the files should be the same. Try to replace the dat files, maybe it works.

I thought there was a PES 3 edition... Maybe you can try to manually install it over PES 3. The option files from WE7 are compatible with PES 3, you just have to rename it. The dat files are problematic though, i think they don't share the same structure, but most of the files should be the same. Try to replace the dat files, maybe it works.

THanks! I will try and see what happens.

Hey, I’ve been editing the we7i version focusing on keeping the default game with updated licensed kits and corrected real player names etc. Haven’t touched the stadiums yet. I can upload the data_e and we7 if you guys are interested:)

Looking forward to your work mate! Please do upload it when you can!

I just did a game on WE7I on pc for the first time and it does seem different than what I remember on Ps2 (better). I remember reading a long debate on this PES3 vs WE7I topic and I'm not sure I want to open it up again tho :D .

Hey, I’ve been editing the we7i version focusing on keeping the default game with updated licensed kits and corrected real player names etc. Haven’t touched the stadiums yet. I can upload the data_e and we7 if you guys are interested:)

Ahhh the PC gamers foofering and faffering of PES games seems to be addictive. All us PES Playstation 2 gamers can do is put a headband and a big hairdo on our outstanding players and get the odd bandage on the legs of our hardmen when injured. :THINK::THINK::THINK:

My PES6 won't run :(
It won't boot up at all. I will try and uninstall and install again. If that doesn't work then it could be game over for my PES editing.

@Titch If that original pes.exe doesn't work you could download Sany's pes6 original install (installs as PES6 Installer 1) and that should work fine. It's a clean original install of the game just in a different directory.

Within just PES6 there is a bucket load of database related things that could be looked at. I think I have always been more interested in that part of the game than playing it. I remember finishing an update for my old OF then thinking, now what?
Something I looked at earlier were referees in the game. I'm not even talking about the ones in Exhibition mode. There must be so many.
That kind of thing is where I get my excitement from. No idea why.
I think for now I will get everything in documents and later on in a wiki.
Any ideas and suggestions would be great.

What I'd like to know is whether the stats numbers are treated as a percentage in game. For instance say Shooting accuracy is 65, does that mean he has a 65% chance of the shot being on target (before other factors are taken into account like which foot he's shooting with, how tight of an angle the shot is at and so on) So essentially if he was standing still on the edge of the area would he hit the target 65% of the time with no other factors at play.

Guys, before I upload the files, I have a question. I decided to import music from WE7I Japan version which I think it’s much better :) For some reason though everything imports well and plays well except the edit theme song, although it imports into the data_e just fine, it still plays the original music when I go in the Edit mode in the game. What makes it even more strange is that, I bought BGM from the WE-shop and I can hear it there just fine too. It’s track #13. Any one has an idea why this is happening as it doesn’t make sense to me one bit:?

Last edited:
The game mechanics is something else. Lots of potential there too.
I'm guessing Konami have different algorithms to work out what each stat will do in different situations.

Back
Top Bottom