The Retro-PES Corner

Only Der Kaiser again springs to mind when it comes to great players who have become great managers too.

I think alot of it has to do with the Glenn Hoddle syndrome. At Spurs and England training sessions, he was always outplaying the likes of Barmby, Anderton and even showing up his Royal Beckhamness during free kick practice.

I guess all former top players overshadow their squads of players like that.

This French anti-corruption unit is working slowly and carefully it seems.
Good old Septic Bladder was interviewed two years ago.

I bet Platini wishes he had never crossed paths with the Swiss underwear salesman.....

FIFA, UEFA, CONMEBOL........:R1:R1:R1

This French anti-corruption unit is working slowly and carefully it seems.
Good old Septic Bladder was interviewed two years ago.

I bet Platini wishes he had never crossed paths with the Swiss underwear salesman.....

FIFA, UEFA, CONMEBOL........:R1:R1:R1
"Qatar beat bids from USA, Australia, South Korea and Japan in 2010."

That's what's laughable. 3 of those 4 have hosted World Cups in the past and Austraila hosted the 2015 Asian Cup as well as 2 Rugby World Cups so they've all got the infrastructure and experience need to host an event of this size as well the climate.

Every man and their dog and anybody who doesn't even follow sport would recognize this makes no sense other than corruption yet, The Qatar sustains the rights to hold the tournament like a big fat stinky elephant in a tiny room.

Not the first, not gonna be the last time this happens.

As you might know, me and @mattmid have been working on a revolutionary database for PES6. We called it the World Youth League, and it's the first-ever database that includes solely youth footballers.

As we're getting closer and closer to having the file ready to be released, we decided to celebrate it with a retro-PES challenge which you all will be able to participate in.

Welcome to the World Youth Cup.
oZkskbH.png

0uAA3aw.png

The World Youth Cup is a COM vs COM competition in which you, the user, can take charge of any of the 32 participant National Teams as a football manager. You pick the final squad for the tournament, you pick the starting-11 for each match - as well as the team's formation, tactics and collective/individual strategies - and we'll let the AI take care of business. Unlike in real-life, shady practices won't have any influence on the outcome of each game: we can't buy the referee or pay the opposition to lose on purpose: if you want to win, you truly will have to outsmart your opponent and showcase your superb managerial skills.

How to play
(Choose one of the following two options for you to be able to enter this competition)
Option 1:

1. Choosing a National Team

• Choose a team you want to manage. You can only pick a team which is not yet under human control.
  • You'll be sent the World Youth League PES6 Option File
  • Play PES6 and register the players you want to call-up for your chosen National Team. You can also pick the starting-11, formation and strategies.
  • Send the updated Option File to either me or to @mattmid
  • Et voilà, you're in!
2. Pre-Match
  • Before each match your team will be playing in, update your World Youth League OF with your desired starting-11, formation and strategies
  • Send the updated Option File to either me or to @mattmid
  • Et voilà, your team is match-day ready!
Option 2: But I'm lazy/I'm Busy/That's too much work for me/Etc.

If you choose the But I'm Lazy Or I'm Busy Or That's Too Much Work For Me Etc. option, you won't have to do a goddamn thing.

Step 1 - Pick the team you want to manage;
Step 2 - Sit back and enjoy the show: we'll pick the players, formations and strategies for you. We'll do all the work.
Step 3 - Et voilà.

(obviously, we'll give priority to users who choose the option 1)

---
If you have any doubts about the competition, don't be afraid to ask here.

Not sure if this player used to be a cricketer with spin like that :SHOCK:

Pitch around the penalty spot @mattmid, looks proper rough in the old school PES sense, where the ball would just stop on a boggy, rain soaked pitch.
I think that shot caught a rut and made a left turn, seen it before in PES 2 and 3.

How can recent PES games abandon variable weather conditions that were so vital to earlier games ?

World Youth League 2019 - Manager list

- Portugal - @miguelfcp

(copy and paste this list and include your username alongside the nation you want to manage)

Last edited:
Been playing a lot of PES 6. If only the Ronaldo free kick animation, new dribble animations and that better assist counting system from the last few PS2 PES games can be backported to PES 6, these make the later PS2 games decent to play.

Even China in women's football have a half decent team. Considering men's professional Chinese football is riddled and hollowed out with corruption, party kick-backs and criminal gambling cartels that make every league game a rigged scam pretending to be a sport.

This is remarkable.

Even China in women's football have a half decent team. Considering men's professional Chinese football is riddled and hollowed out with corruption, party kick-backs and criminal gambling cartels that make every league game a rigged scam pretending to be a sport.

This is remarkable.
Did you see how much Thailand's consolation goal meant to them when they scored against Sweden? That was moving. Considering they don't even have a professional women's league, that goal means so little to the casual viewer without context. It reminds me of how happy Panama were to score against England last summer.

They're just proud to have taken their small squad there and are grateful to be taking part. None of this entitled Rooney 2010 sulking nonsense.

I saw the highlights. The women's game is still very unbalanced in that only a small group of elite countries have professional or semi-professional women's leagues.
Outside of North America, Western Europe, Australia and Japan. Most other countries have squads of amateurs trying their best. Argentina has no women's league and yet only lost 1 - 0 to England.

Oh and the Argentina side also have a player in their team called: Stabile.

The women's game is a true echo of a simpler, more beautiful game of the past.

Back
Top Bottom