The Retro-PES Corner

World Youth League 2019 - Manager list

- Portugal - @miguelfcp

- Scotland - @Flipper the Priest

- England - @sniglet

- France - @MafiaMurderBag

So who saw the Jamaica v Australia game?

I tried looking it up on Google but couldn't find a concrete answer, But Jamaica fielded their reserve keeper (Who wasn't very good) in place of the more reliable (and prettier, fan favourite) Sydney Schneider.

But some of the comments on the highlights video on YouTube were referencing her absence being doe to some kind of rule about a quota of white players in an Afro-Caribbean squad on field at a time - WHAT?

Is there any truth to this? It's the first I've heard of such a thing, Is this a literal FIFA ruling or is it more a Jamaican FA rule or something?

Of course such rules exist for domestic football that clubs must include a quota of native talent in their squads but surely the skin colour one is some kind of internet myth?

Sorry gents, but the Dinner would rather rip his own teeth out with a pliers than turn PES into Football Manager and watch COM v COM algorithm association football.

No calloused thumbs means no fun.
Old school to the end.

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

Actually racial quotas are more common than you would think. South African rugby and cricket understandably have such rules.
Jamaica has a tonne of wealthy American and British expats living on the island and I guess that could be the reason.

@WhoAteMeDinner You don't have to watch it :D Just pick the team/formation etc. Come on Dinner McCarthy, you can do it :) :WORSHIP::GSCARF: Most of the Irish players in the game are from Sligo Rovers (as they are in it) and the rest are from the Premier or Celtic/Aberdeen. Your country (forum) needs you :)

Portugal National Team - World Youth Cup 2019

Goalkeepers
#1 - Celton Biai - age: 18 - Team: SL Benfica
#12 - João Monteiro - 17 - SL Benfica
#22 - Diogo Almeida - 16 - Sporting CP

Defenders
#2 - Pedro Alvaro - 18 - SL Benfica
#3 - Pedro Justiniano - 18 - FC Porto
#4 - Tiago Djaló - 17 - Sporting CP (moved to Milan)
#14 - Gonçalo Costa - 18 - Sporting CP
#15 - João Ferreira - 17 - SL Benfica
#16 - Tiago Esteves - 16 - FC Porto
#17 - Berna - 17 - SC Braga

Midfielders
#5 - Romário Baró - 18 - FC Porto
#6 - Jocú - 16 - SL Benfica
#8 - Samú - 17 - SC Braga
#13 - Bavikson Biai - 18 - Sporting CP
#18 - Bernardo Sousa - 18 - Sporting CP
#20 - Tiago Dantas - 17 - SL Benfica
#21 - Fábio Vieira - 18 - FC Porto

Attackers
#7 - Diogo Brás - 18 - Sporting CP
#9 - Tiago Rodrigues - 18 - Sporting CP
#10 - Pedro Neto - 17 - Lazio
#11 - Fábio Silva - 16 - FC Porto
#19 - Úmaro Embaló - 17 - SL Benfica
#23 - Ricardo Matos - 18 - SL Benfica

World Youth Cup 2019 - Manager list

- Portugal - @miguelfcp

- England - @sniglet

- Netherlands - @jihado86

- To be chosen - @mattmid

Still Available: (in playing order)

Bulgaria (playing tomorrow)
Mexico (playing tomorrow)
Switzerland (Saturday)
Spain (Sunday)
Sweden (Sunday)
Romania
Denmark
Ukraine
Serbia
Ireland
Croatia
Brazil
Northern Ireland
China
Italy
Hungary
Austria
Peru
Russia
Germany
Poland
Norway
Greece
Belarus
Finland
South Korea
Belgium

The bookmakers have set England and Spain as slight joint favourites for the tournament.

odds.JPG

First Round:
wyc1.JPG
wyc2.JPG

Brazil v Netherlands clearly the tie of the round! Can @jihado86 put out a fellow favourite? Can new Scotland manager @Flipper the Priest upset the Belgians? And I don't mean just by putting batter on their chocolate :) Can Greece cause an early upset for @sniglet's England? @MafiaMurderBag (surely the best named football manager in history?) faces a tough test against a Swiss team that probably, like their full team, will punch above their individual weight. Whilst @miguelfcp is confident his Portugal team can make a real challenge but is wary of being over confident about the largely unknown South Korean team.
Meanwhile @mattmid is going around the various team hotels touting for a job.

@mattmid: You have 32 missed calls from a certain...let me check...Xi Jinping.

416x416.jpg

'Come to China, Matt. We love you long time.'

Will you guys upload videos of the games so we can see our teams weaknesses and fix them for the next games?

@jihado86 We'll certainly be doing highlights and reports that'll help. I'd be happy to do the whole game but my upload speed is crap. I'll be doing your first game (we're alternating who's doing the matches) so I'll do my best to get it all up :)

NEGATIVE.....:NONO::NONO::NONO:

@mattmid , is going nowhere near Red China. Given his close association with a certain anti-Beijing dissident on here, he would have all his organs harvested by the "People's Republic".

The Dinner's blacklist of no-go destinations: China, Russia, Qatar and Switzerland.

Women's World Cup has sadly taken up one unwelcome aspect of the senior men's game.
The concept that almost every team qualifies from the group stages like the Euro's and the Europa League.

Four best third placed teams from six groups could see teams with as few as two points qualify.

Madness.....

The under 21 set up would appear to work really well. There's 3 groups of 4 and only the winner goes through with the best placed second team to the semi finals. Result being that all first matches have been played to win them, rather than not to lose. Whether that may result in some meaningless last games we'll have to see I suppose. But at least it means there will be no contrived draws for both to qualify.

This is how we'll be doing the World Youth Cup.

Each round will be played out separately as we want to have a proper random cup draw for each round (as a result there'll be no accumulated fatigue - but with the odyssey files stamina is lower anyway so takes effect more within the game)
Each tie will be decided with extra time and penalties if required.

For managed teams:

All teams/formations/strategies/set piece takers etc done by the human manager
Team strategy will be set to Full Auto to enable the AI to use it so feel free to choose what you want in those four slots.
Teams will be set to Auto Subs and Auto Positioning, again to allow the AI to take control of that.

For non managed teams:

Before the first game, myself or Miguel, whoever is doing the match, will set the formation/strategies and set piece takers.

Lineup Auto Select will be use
Full Auto strategies and Auto Subs/Positioning set.

Games will be 20 minutes, played on Top Player

We'll be keeping track of various stuff, like leading scorers/assists and ratings for Player of the Tournament etc.

Two yellow cards is a one match ban as is any red card.

Injured players will be noted and not be able to play for however many games their injury is (in weeks - so a 2 week injury will miss 2 games for example)

All players are set to an injury rating of B so expect there to be some.

I think that's everything. Any questions, ask away, in case I've forgotten something.

What's the feeling from manager's on this?

We're going to replace injured players from the squad (just for the match) so as the AI doesn't try to use them as subs. However with 1 week injury's we thought maybe we'd leave it up to the manager to say if he wants to risk that happening or not? Thoughts? With it being a knockout maybe you're happy to chance it that he might be the difference.

The streets of Accrington are buzzing. The World Youth Cup's first port of call was full of reporters as the first two teams arrived ahead of tomorrow's opening game. Both teams appeared to be in good spirits. Bulgaria said it reminded them of home although Mexico did complain about it being a little bit cold.

So, who are the key men in tomorrow's clash? Who will be the first team through and who will be going home early? And for those of a certain age; Who are Accrington Stanley?

A quick run down of the teams:

Petar Ivanov is expected to get the nod to start in goal. The Levski Sofia youngster looking more assured than Damyan Damyanov, the back up. Valentin Antonov marshalls the defence, tall and strong in the air. Attacking Midfielder Martin Petkov (not to be confused with fellow teammate Martin Petkov :CONFUSE:) is a versatile player, equally adept at CM, SM or indeed as a WF. He is the main man when it comes to free kicks as well and his performance could well be the key to Bulgaria progressing. Up front, Dimitar Mitkov is a real threat. Decent in the air and on the ground, strong at this level. His low mentality rating may see him going missing though if things go against his team.

It will be interesting to see who Mexico picks to start in goal with Bravo the slightly better skilled but Cedillo has a mentality to die for and is consistent. Third choice Lima looks unlikely to start. Mexico play with wingbacks and both have pace and agility in abundance that should see them bombing forward. They are a little weak at CB with only Hernandez looking strong. In midfield they have Amaury Garcia who has a real eye for a pass and will be looking to release the wing backs or find a ball over the top when he can and he will look to sit in with his midfield partner, Lopez, the more dynamic of the two and tasked with joining his striker in the box. Playing a 3-4-3 with two WF's they look like they'll be very strong out wide. Lainez, a good passer and crosser, with lightning acceleration will be an ever present threat out on the left, on the opposite flank,Rodriguez, while not as good, has enough about him to cause his own problems. Like Lainez he is also quick. In the middle will be Giminez. Again quick, and with good shooting accuracy and technique, he will be looking to fire the bullets that his wingers will hope to provide. He is also a decent dribbler, so can make his own chances as well. With their pace up front Bulgaria will have to make sure they don't leave the back door open.

Mexico go into the game as slight favourites but will find Bulgaria a tough opponent to crack. It looks like much will depend on which defence can fair best against their opponents attacking threat. Mexico may pose a huge threat with their pace, particularly on the break, but can they keep the door shut at the back? Bulgaria's chances may well depend on what Petkov can provide to Mitkov and whether he has his shooting boots on.

World Youth Cup 2019 - Manager list

- Portugal - @miguelfcp

- England - @sniglet

- Netherlands - @jihado86

- To be chosen - @mattmid

Still Available: (in playing order)

Bulgaria (playing tomorrow)
Mexico (playing tomorrow)
Switzerland (Saturday)
Spain (Sunday)
Sweden (Sunday)
Romania
Denmark
Ukraine
Serbia
Ireland
Croatia
Brazil
Northern Ireland
China
Italy
Hungary
Austria
Peru
Russia
Germany
Poland
Norway
Greece
Belarus
Finland
South Korea
Belgium

If it's not too late I will pick Sweden. But I won't be able to manage myself because just moved and don't have daily access to the internet. But I love this idea!

@Special4988 Sure :) If they make it through the 1st Round then their next game won't be until at least 7th July so maybe you'll be sorted for internet by then anyway :)

Either way what we're planning to do is anyone whose team goes out in the 1st round can pick another one in the second round if there's enough non managed teams :) So if Sweden don't make it there could be a second chance with another team.

Back
Top Bottom