The Mobile Phone thread

Re: Best mobile phone out there

mda.jpg
another pic of it.

milanista, those links i posted have wi-fi...

i currently have the c500 which gives me about 4 days of total usage. it is a fantasic smartphone, especially with tomtom installed on it!

the imate phone in the links i posted earlier this evening is the same as the c600 which orange should be releasing in the uk in the next few weeks. it will be ideal for all your pda needs...

Last edited by a moderator:

A friend of mine whos got the O2 II mini says that it lasts for about 3-4 days before needing to charge it.... not bad.

People with nokia phones, are all the usb cables the same

I have a 7610 and my usb cable pins have bent, wheres the best/cheapest place I can get a new one ?

The pins do seem a bit flimsy and shite though

W800i is really cool, jam packed with features however i dislike the orange outlook of it.

Hardware wise I think they are pretty much the same. The W800 just comes with larger memory (512mb compared with 64mb in the k750) and better quality headphones.

The buttons are ugly and for some reason, I kinda like the look of the W800i more. That thing looks too big for me. And thats when its in its normal state, when you reveal the number pad, its huge. Also, if you already have a Walkman phone, why would you want this?

I'll probably end up buying one anyway for bragging rights just cuz of its 470mb internal memory, the huge screen with better video quality and the cool headphones. Plus I just bought a 2gb memory stick PRO duo (originally for my PSP) which would go nice with this.

Ive just upgrade with Ornage to the Samsung D600 must say im quite dissapointed, Overall its a nice phone and it certainly looks the part but things like no Mp3 for Message tone just a choice of standard tones, or the blank idle screen even if you have missed call ect or text. I know these are little things and could be updated with new firmware but should i really need to do that with a new phone...

My K750i is sweet.The best piece of gadget i have so far.No much difference between k750i and w800.Everything is the same except for the flight mode and the free 512mb card for w8000.This pocket monster can host a 2 gig memory stick too,internal memory is 32mb.

Well the W800i is ALSO a walkman so basically, you can kinda turn off the phone and leave the music player on meaning it wont interfere with anything therefore allowing you to use it in hospitals and planes (hence the name, flight mode).

rockykabir said:
........or you can wait for the 3G enabled W900 (apparently out before Christmas)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000703063654/

w900_offfront.jpg

Thanks for pointing out that phone mate. I had a Sharp 903 as my upgrade but returned it and they are sending me a W900 when released in December.

I hadn't seen it till I looked in here so cheers :D

Phone looks absolutely ace, similar to my current S700i which I love. The 900 is muuuch nicer though. Hopefully getting it in black.

Hmm, shame its so ugly.

I dont have the need for a smartphone and my money is on the SE being a better. The W900 is QVGA :D

Last edited:

Which one would you get if price didn't matter.
T-Mobile are offering the following to me.
Help me decide!
Samsung D600 vs Sony Ericsson D750i vs Nokia N70

Samsung D600
d600-posit.jpg

Nokia N70

n70-buy.gif

Sony Ericsson D750i
d750i.gif

All come with 2.0 megapixel. Which one is the best though, I don;t follow mobiles much, but will the Nokia have like the best software support, as most like 3rd party softwares made online are for Nokia, or what?

Last edited:

I'm a huge fan of the w800i by sony ericsson. the mp3 player is fantastic, the camera's 2mp (though not as good as a standalone camera) you can upgrade the mem to the biggest mem stick out there. It's small light, I love it!

Ive got ne N70 just recently and ive got to tell you its ace! Its alot more smaller and slimmer than other smartphones and the camera on it really is top drawer for a phone.

Last edited:

d750i.gif

Seriously, whats the difference between this and the W800i?

knh4 said:
Ive got ne N70 just recently and ive got to tell you its ace! Its alot more smaller and slimmer than other smartphones and the camera on it really is top drawer for a phone.
Mm.. does that shiny silver look nice, to me it looks really cheap and tatty. What does that phone have that Sammy D600 doenst apart from 3G which T-Mobile dont do anyway...

Dont know much about the Samsung if it runs Symbian 60 or not but to some people(like me) i cant stand a phone that doesnt. Tey just seem so bland after a weeks use just as the case with my SE W800i.

I thought I'd take advantage of a phone upgrade on my contract, and I decided I quite fancied a flip-phone so settled for the Samsung E530. Anyone have any experience with it?

samsung-E530-Orange-f-13a2.jpg

samsung-e530-small.jpg

I'm getting the blueish coloured one on the right

samsung_e530.jpg

samsung_e530.jpg

Mmm.. never seen or heard of it.

I was on the phone with T-Mobile, they told me to do research on the Samsung E770, anyone know anything about this?

Back
Top Bottom