The Mobile Phone thread

Re: Best mobile phone out there

This time of year again.... upgrading time!!!
My shortlist, but need some help.
Motorola MOTOKRZR K1
118882.jpg

Specs

BlackBerry 8100g Pearl
8100_Front.jpg

Specs

Sony Ericsson K800i
K800i_g_angled.gif

Specs

Sony Ericsson W810i
W810i_g_angled.gif

Specs

Sony Ericsson W850i
W850i_g_angled.gif

Specs

Really no idea which one to get, I would maybe hold out for the Nokia N73 which is meant to be really hot. What do you guys think of the Blackberry? It isn't exaactly the most common phone here in UK, compared to how famous they are in USA.

ashmufc said:
This time of year again.... upgrading time!!!
My shortlist, but need some help.

Motorola MOTOKRZR K1
BlackBerry 8100g Pearl
Sony Ericsson K800i
Sony Ericsson W810i
Sony Ericsson W850i

Really no idea which one to get, I would maybe hold out for the Nokia N73 which is meant to be really hot. What do you guys think of the Blackberry? It isn't exaactly the most common phone here in UK, compared to how famous they are in USA.

Salaams bro :) - looking for that sumthin for Eid then I see? ;)

It depends on your needs. I personally will take the Blackberry due to Push email (once you have it, it's v difficult to live without it!). However, bear in mind that you have to (in some tariffs) pay extra to use the Blackberry connect capabilities. For example, with T-Mobile on any Web N Walk tariff, it is 5GBP monthly extra or 10GBP with a non WnW tariff. TBH, there is no point getting a blackberry phone without the instant email. People say the phone is good but I found the Keyboard to be a bit too small imo. Camera is not that good either too :(

The KRZR looks good but I'm not a huge fan of the Motorola interface. However, if you're used to it, it might be something you wanna go for...

SonyEricsson are perhaps making the best phones at the moment. The K800i has the best camera with its autofocus and is a nice nifty phone. It's the biggest (in terms of size) from all your choices but not by that much tbh ;)

The W810i is good but I think the W850i is the updated version. Given a choice between the two, I'll prob go for the newer version.

Last edited:

Milanista said:
I just got a D900:) 3mp camera.
Have the Samung D600 and E700 before and don't really want the D900 i.e. another Samsung, though I have been hearing great things about it.

rockykabir said:
Salaams bro :) - looking for that sumthin for Eid then I see? ;)
\\:o/

kabir said:
The W810i is good but I think the W850i is the updated version. Given a choice between the two, I'll prob go for the newer version.
I like the features but look how odd and massive it looks compared to the K800i.
Thumbnails this time :applause:

How is the software on Sony Ericsson? Like the Symbian phones have tons of software, which is making me want to hold out for the Nokia N93.

Might skip on the Blackberry now, it doesn't do video recording, and I have no real need to email on to go, my desktop does fine.

Tough tough tough.
Reading this review of Nokia N73 vs K800i camera, the K800i looks like it comes out on top....

Just ordered K800i in brown! Yopee! 18 months on T-Mobile, free phone and £7 disocunt. Quite good I think, especially since they started with 18 months and £40 for the phone.

Just some pictures for xyz to look at :)

Yeah monthly.

Got two contracts.

Free SE W810i, 750 Off-Peak + 50 Texts, 12 months and £5 discount per month so £8.50

Free K800i Brown, 3000 Off-Peak (7pm onwards), 18 months, £7 discount per month so £13.00 pm

I ordered the W810i a few weeks earlier, now I think of it, I could have tried harder to get the W810i cheaper LOL!

Just got the w950i a week ago. Nice phone.

w950i_front.jpg

84934.jpg

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp...001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10391

Theres no memory card slot but it comes with 4gb built in so you probably wouldnt need any more anyway. It also plays mp4s which is nice. And its touchscreen too.

The only bad thing about the phone was that it didnt have a camera.
Other than that, its almost perfect.

All these phones make me jealous. I bought a Nokia 6230 a few years ago, £200 each I paid for them. It's ridiculous how much of a better phone you can get now.

I want a Walkman phone man! :(

All these phones make me jealous. I bought a Nokia 6230 a few years ago, £200 each I paid for them. It's ridiculous how much of a better phone you can get now.

Just like me. I wish Apple had iPhone. :(
I'm not going to buy another phone until there's something like this: iPod+iPhone. :(

I've got one of these bad-boys (best phone I have ever owned):

_1778067_fonecash-bbc300.jpg

Theres no memory card slot but it comes with 4gb built in so you probably wouldnt need any more anyway. It also plays mp4s which is nice. And its touchscreen too.

The only bad thing about the phone was that it didnt have a camera.
Other than that, its almost perfect.

Yeah, the camera thing really took me by suprise. I think the W950i is basically the M600i+walkman+memory. Both without camera. Another thing it is missing is the Wi-Fi, but if they included that, no one would buy the P99oi.

Yeah monthly.

Got two contracts.

Free SE W810i, 750 Off-Peak + 50 Texts, 12 months and £5 discount per month so £8.50

Free K800i Brown, 3000 Off-Peak (7pm onwards), 18 months, £7 discount per month so £13.00 pm

I ordered the W810i a few weeks earlier, now I think of it, I could have tried harder to get the W810i cheaper LOL!

How did you get that discount? you work there or something ?

How did you get that discount? you work there or something ?

Retention deal...when the end of your contract is near, the networks try to offer you a good deal to make you stay on. If you wish to keep the same phone, t-mob knock £15 off the monthly rental fee (no iffy cashback system either). But Ash here seemed to have gotten a v good deal I must say ;)

LOL, its called really hard bargaining. You keep trying a trying. Play the, can I have my PAC card, and also speak to your manaager etc. And also with the W810i, I got a £30 accesory voucher to spend at T-Mobile shop :)

I need some advice, I have 300$ to spend on a unlocked GSM phone. I've been thinking on the Motorola Krzr K1, Sony Ericsson w810i... I was looking for features like a 2 Megapixel camera, Mp3 player, bluetooth can anyone give me some ideas? some other good cell phones

Last edited:

I would highly reccomend the W810i! It is very good. Great camera, small and plays tines very well.

I've got both W810i and W950i. Trust me, you'd rather have the W950i.

But the w950i is like 500$ or even more, my budget is max 300$.
True but surely there are better phones than the w810i. That phone just seems like a standard mp3 phone to me.

Depends what you want form a phone really. The W950i hasn't got a camera?

I think I will go for the Sony Ericsson W810i :), Motorola's features are boring they are all about style and not features...

Tis very simple...............................

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

So I best start saving, it looks the bees knees, the mutts nuts, all that, lovely looking product

Just like me. I wish Apple had iPhone. :(
I'm not going to buy another phone until there's something like this: iPod+iPhone. :(

:mrgreen:

This is even better than I ever thought it could be. I want one! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom