The Mobile Phone thread

Re: Best mobile phone out there

I've got a k700i and i love it. Igot pissed off with nokia's, glad I swithed to sony ericssons phones :D

Same here the k700i rocks. The middle joystick like button gets hard to use though once the phone gets older.

yeh i had a k600 and that was terrible took me ages just to look through my address book lol. But the k700i is built alot better. Not had nay problems with it at all. But I'll be getting the k750i in september when my contract runs out. It looks the dog's bollocks :D

Sulph said:
Same here the k700i rocks. The middle joystick like button gets hard to use though once the phone gets older.

I am going against the grain here but I hate my k700i, only lasts a day, 2 if I am lucky on 1 charge. Keeps crashing, and now it won't charge properly as the connection is knackered. Roll on October when I can upgrade!! I want a Nokia!

danwin said:
Shit guys, so much choice, where do I start?

start with the spv c500. you'll end there too! no need for another phone, ever!

Ok guys, my birthdays pretty soon, no budget, but i want the nicest flip phone on the market, 3g preferably. Any suggestions? Anyone seen the Sony Ericsoon Z800i?

Narrowed it down to Motorolla Razr or SE Z800i, which?

The Razr is not 3G btw... Apart from the unique looks (and even this is starting to look a bit dated as so many people have got it), there isn't much else with the phone. It is pretty substandard.

Best phone I ever (will have?):

jam1.jpg

jam22.jpg

The thing I love about it is that it is so much more than a phone. It is (surprisingly) small, it is beautiful and as its a PDA, you can organise your whole life. The hand recognition software for texting is superb - you can write texts as quick as you can write!

And it has Windows Media Player on it so you can watch movies and listen to MP3s on the move!

The Siemens SF65 is easily the nicest flip-phone IMO:

siemenssf657be.jpg

untitled5vw1.png

It was the phone I was originally gonna get, but I settled for the 6670 cause it has better features to suit me (smartphone features). It's not 3G though, as far as I know

Last edited:

Guys, some of the funs you have suggested look fantastic, but any one got any good suggestions for a Nokia 2nd Hand, so nothing that has only been recently released which has camera, maybe truetones and a good keypad for messaging?

homan_7 said:
Guys, some of the funs you have suggested look fantastic, but any one got any good suggestions for a Nokia 2nd Hand, so nothing that has only been recently released which has camera, maybe truetones and a good keypad for messaging?

Whats your budget? Also, for 2nd hand, it depends where you are - round in big cities, you can get some decent 2nd phones pretty cheap if you know where to look ;)

I got my sis a 3220. Pretty basic phone, cheap with funky lights if thats your thing. I got it for 45GBP new so I can imagine you can get it quite cheap 2nd hand.

Piece of advice is to be a bit wary about eBay. Sellers do tend to sugar coat the issues and the chances are that you won't be able to return it if anything is (likely) to go wrong.

Best phone for texting:

5110_mainpage_s1.jpg

;)

Just wondering if anyone could help
Ive got a nokia 6710 and I put Fifa 2004 on it just to see what its like, but its shite. Now when I go to delete it on the menu it says Unable to delete, theres also other stuff id like to delete but it says it cant

Is there a way ?

Ive tried doing it through the software but I saved Fifa to phone memory and I cant find it anywhere

Cheers

OMG....now this is my next phone most definitely...it ain't out yet tho'

I'm a huge fan of PocketPC phones after moving on from, yawn, Nokia to the iMate Jam. This phone though has inbuilt Wifi and a GPS module :shock:. Also rumoured to have Blackberry capabilities :shock: :shock:

The Mitac Mio A701:

mitac-mio-a701-front.jpg

mitac-mio-a701-flat.jpg

Pocket PCs/Smartphones are the way forward imo. I love Nokias (and still do) but I don't think I can go back (but their smartphones do look interesting but they are still way behind the current crop of PocketPCs. Apple are also rumoured to release a proper iPhone which is supposedly gonna be a pocketpc type but in OSX :eh:

I blatantly sound like a salesman but being able to store notes and appointments has got me so organised these days. The ability to sync with Outlook on the PC (properly) is quite useful too.

Also plug in a high memory SD card, and you can play movies, store pics, play music on Windows Media Player like those media players. And integrated GPS is a godsend - you'll realise the benefits when you're looking for a meetup point or in the car.

I highly recommend the iMate Jam (AKA O2 XDA mini, Orange M500, MDA Compact). Its small and does all you need. Downfalls however - camera is a bit shoddy and no integrated wifi or GPS :(. But they are getting better.

Last edited:

Guys, anyone know much about the new 3.2MP phone, the Sharp 903SH?!?

I can get it on contract upgrade but I'll need to part with £90 to get it.

I have an S700i which I should get £50 or so for so it doesnt seem to bad for possibly the best phone on the market. All reviews are positive but anyone seen or used one, they look rather big?

Cheers chaps.

rockykabir said:
Pocket PCs/Smartphones are the way forward imo. I love Nokias (and still do) but I don't think I can go back (but their smartphones do look interesting but they are still way behind the current crop of PocketPCs. Apple are also rumoured to release a proper iPhone which is supposedly gonna be a pocketpc type but in OSX :eh:

I blatantly sound like a salesman but being able to store notes and appointments has got me so organised these days. The ability to sync with Outlook on the PC (properly) is quite useful too.

Also plug in a high memory SD card, and you can play movies, store pics, play music on Windows Media Player like those media players. And integrated GPS is a godsend - you'll realise the benefits when you're looking for a meetup point or in the car.

I highly recommend the iMate Jam (AKA O2 XDA mini, Orange M500, MDA Compact). Its small and does all you need. Downfalls however - camera is a bit shoddy and no integrated wifi or GPS :(. But they are getting better.

I'm really interested in the O2 ones, but yeah the wifi thing is a let down. Hopefully in 2006 we'll see a new version that supports wifi, as that would be killer effective. I'll also be looking for one that has a long enough battery, because charging a phone more than once a day will become a pain in the ass.

The O2 one was also quite cost effective, I saw it for 179 pounds, but saw others such as Samsung for 200-400!

I just found this:
http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handsets/viewHandsetDetails.jsp?prodID=consumer:O2:XDAIIs:GROUP

Says it has wifi capabilities!

Last edited:

Milanista said:

Yep....but its quite big tho'!

EDIT: Milanista, I remember you mentioning that you might be coming to uni in London. The best tariffs are mostly by 3 - unfortunately, no PocketPC is compatible yet :(. Personally, I'm using a 3 phone alongside my iMate Jam (which is on T-Mobile). Worth a thought especially if you might be using the phone a lot :eh:

Last edited:

I'd purchase the mini right away if it had wifi, but it doesnt so im gunna wait.

I assume you had/have a smartphone, so im wondering how long it usually lasts a day as a phone?

soz I just edited my last comment...got some important info there so worth a read.

The Mini usually lasts for a day or so (so battery life is not that great at the mo). But the new generation of pocketpcs will be quite battery efficient - I definitely recommend waiting as they are improving (its relatively new tech at the mo). But for now, saying that you need a phone, go for a normal one or a smartphone instead. And for your organising stuff, you can get a PDA maybe?

Yes I am going to Uni in London. The reason why Im looking at phones like the O2 one is to avoid having more stuff on me to carry around. If I can get a phone that has writing and organizing capabilities, it will make life so much easier as its all in one. And yeah I'm still waiting, ive got a year to wait actually since I was just getting some ideas for when I go to study.

Thats ok then - my bet is that there will be some class pocketpc about in the coming months. There is the MDA IV which is supposedly quite good with a keyboard - its a bit like those phones you see in Rap videos:

200503141134mda_iv_frontal_offen.jpg

20050203013042-350.jpeg

Its a bit big though but it has integrated wifi among other things. It'll be quite soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom