The 'Become A Legend' Discussion Thread

Hi Guys,

been following this forum since last week, and i just love how i'm not the only one to add some real-life "imagination" to what goes on in my BAL career. Since my wife is tired of feigning interest in my make-believe superstars life and career, i've decided to put up a post here and bore you guys with it.

My guys name is Antonio Ferrari (just something cool about someone saying "Ferrari" everytime i get on the ball) :COOL: . Born in Milan Italy to an Italian Dad and an English mum. Mum and dad had a nasty divorce when I was 5, and we moved back to England, Manchester. Signed as an AMF for Manchester City for my first contract. I’m a red devil at heart, but ah well, I guess I have to earn my place in the red half.

Man my first season was crap! No goals, but 5 assists! Schweet! I heard people say that your first few seasons were tough, so I didn’t sweat it that much. In my second season, I played a blinder (for an 18 year old) in the opening game, scored one and created one and here I was sure my career was about to take off. But the strangest thing happened.. for no apparent reason, my guy was unceremoniously dropped…For the rest of the season! :CRY:

I think it might have been that tabloid article about me being a Red Devil at heart that did me in, tho the gaffer would never admit it. No Matter what I did, the best I could get was coming on in the 80th minute of some matches. Man City romped on the claim the Premiership title (without me making a meaningful contribution) and I collected a rather empty winners medal for my troubles. But worse was to come. At the end of the season, I was released on a free transfer! :SHOCK:
Humiliated and discarded, I signed for Tottenham, and boy did things change from there.

This Spurs side showed abit of belief in me, and played me in my favoured AMF position. London is a nice city, and I decided to experiment with some outlandish hairstyles too while I was at it. But on the pitch, my contributions were started to tell. My positional play has improved, and I tend to score from corners a fair bit. I think its fair to say Darren Bent led our title charge, tho I weighed in with 8 goals and 5 assists as we took the league title (my second in succession). :P

Start of season 3, and with me concentrating more on my pace and movement, getting into position and scoring is certainly getting better. This spurs team seems to just get better and better, and me becoming all the more influential as well. I seem to have a knack of scoring against the big teams, and with this also being my maiden champions league season, I got goals against big names like AC Milan, Valencia, Real Madrid and Chelsea in the CL. We made it to the semi’s before athletio Madrid did us in. damn that was heart breaking. Especially since I was subbed out with 10 mins to go in the second leg, being 2-1 on aggregate, and the first thing that happens when I leave is we concede! We lose on away goals..
On the plus side, we win the league title again and the D1 cup! I score against Man United in the final! Man I hope they sign me.. The season ends with me grabbing 13 goals and 8 assists and…My first England Callup! I’m going to the euros!!

;-( England make it to the semis..get knocked out against Italy. I play a sum total of 40 mins…and mostly in DMF position!
This one time, I subbed in, and in their next sub, I get subbed out! So much for my grand England debut.. :R1

Start of my third season at spurs. My guy has really come on in his movement, and I think its about time I started getting his kicking technique up to scratch abit more. But with my innate positional sense, improved movement, and all round great team and coach, we go on a 25 game winning streak and build up an unassailable lead at the top. Antonio Ferrari has Steven Gerrard of a season with vital goals throughout, and telling contributions almost every match. I rack up like 20 man of the matches or something. In the January transfer window, with Spurs Thru the CL group stages, advanced in the D1 Cup and 8 points clear at the top, Man United come knocking for my services. Ah man…a chance to go back home.. be with me mum… eat muffins and watch match of the day with the lads… but alas, heart breaking as it was, it just didn’t make professional sense to leave the log leaders and joined the second placed team mid season. Besides, united didn’t make it thru the CL group stages, and I REALLY want to win that one.
With a heavy heart, I turned my beloved Red Devils down…and turned my attention to making sure they won nothing this season. Ohhh the cursed life of a footballer… :CRY:

We win the league and the D1 Cup again (I again get a near post header in the final), and we actually make it to the Champions League final this time! We face a rather strong Inter Milan side in the final and despite scoring 22 goals and garnering 15 assists, I’m not in the starting 11 for the final!! That couldn’t be right! I even quit and reloaded praying for a glitch.. but there was no mistake, I was dropped for my first CL final! :CRY:

Anyways, I watched in horror as the final turned into a debacle with King giving away a penalty against Adriano in the first 5 minutes and being sent off for his troubles. It was all downhill from there, and even my introduction in the 60th minute when we were 3-0 down didn’t do much for me. I did manage to create one…well, one that was actually put away that is. But I the end…we lost, but I walked off the season with 22 goals, my 4th consecutive premiership title, 2nd D1 cup medal, and oh! My first England Goal against slovenia in the WC Qualifiers.. :PINKS:

Its transfer season again… and around midway thru the window, man united come calling again…almost double my wages too... not that they needed it. Besides, I was still smarting from missing out on the CL final.. so after a trophy laden spell in London, it was time I packed up and headed home to Manchester… :WORSHIP:

More to follow when time permits…

Last edited:
still loving become a legend, I haven't played anything else on pro apart from BAL.

I think i'm in my 4th season and i play AMF, mostly play CMF tho. Just had a dream move to man utd, and have been given the number 19 shirt. After 3 great seasons with newcastle where we won the league and masters cup I couldnt resist a move to manu.

After reading some posts where people have moved only to regret it i was slightly unsure because i didnt want to end up playing for the reserves considering I was starting every game with newcastle and banging in goals for fun. Anyway after 2 reserve games with a goal in one and assist in the other and 2 Motm i was put on the bench. Came on at half time but got played as SS! this happened for the next couple of games and i was worried that my dream move had turned sour, i wanted to be AMF or CMF not SS! anyway i was put in the starting 11 and back in my favoured midfield position, have started 3 time have 2 assists and a goal against liverpool.:D

Just wondering if you can change your squad number? and do any of you take pens or free kicks or captain your side?
i eventually left spurs after 3 seasons cos toward the end of my third season, i got a tick in CMF, and they kept playig me there.... im AMF dammit! i'm in my 7th season, and the only free kicks i've been given to take are those ones from way out...where you just gotta send it towrd the opposition box

Nice Cas, I'm at United too. I'm 27 and take pens usually all the time. Free kicks and corners is on and off depending on who else is playing, tends to switch between me and Ronaldo.

The Man United Adventure :BRMM:

Finally got my move to the red devils, and I’m quite surprised to see myself amongst the top earners in the team. Given the formation that I had set them up with pre-BAL, I see Ronaldo as a WF, Tevez/Berbs rotating the CF position between them, and my favoured AMF position was to be battled out with…Riquelme? Giggsy is now 39. Antonio Ferrari grew up watching the likes of Giggs and Kanchelskis and Cantona from the stands, and to now actually be in the same team as the great man is phenomenal!
It takes all of 2 training matches to earn a spot on the bench, and I make my second half debut against Hull City, and promptly knock in a lucky rebound to score a debut goal! YESS! I’m legend material! :WORSHIP:

Scoring in the next 3 games cements my starting position in the team, and the aging riquelme has been ousted. I’m still not allowed to finish most matched despite my stamina being above 85, but my time on the pitch is usually meaningful. My one disappointment was when we came up against my former employers Tottenham in the D1 cup. Inexplicably, I was benched for both legs. The gaffer probably wanted to protect me from the harsh fan reception..but having lost the first leg away 3-1, I would have thought that the stage was set for me to help turn things around in home leg, but alas, it was not to be, and we crashed out early. :SHOCK:

My league form was superb tho, as I racked up an impressive 30 goals and 19 assists as United finally broke Spurs stranglehold on the league, and I collected my 5th consecutive league winners medal. In the champions league, we breezed thru the group stages, and eliminated Lyon and Athletico Madrid in the quarters and semi’s respectively, and yes, I was in my second consecutive champions league final! This time, I was in the starting 11 against Barcelona!

Puyol got sent off in the first 10 minutes to give us a penalty, which tevez promptly missed! Ferarri put in a rather lackluster performance, and was subbed out with the score 0-0. Last minute corner and DMF Simons (sounds French, like See-Mons) rose majestically to head in, and we win 1-0! Woohoo! My first CL medal! I’m win the assist leader and MVP in the league, and am called up to the World Cup squad!

My World Cup adventure….coming soon…

Ferrari at the World Cup

A mate emailed me after reading my post and asked me how come I opted to play for England when Ferrari could play for Italy. For one thing, I just wanted to be the guy to lead England from being mediocre to great and also, I took my fictional parents divorce really bad. I kept my old man’s name, but opted to represent Mother’s England. Its always the kids that suffer…so sad.

Anyways, England are grouped with Slovenia, South Africa and Sweden. Ssssss……
Slovenia were in our qualifying group and I scored my first international goal against them, so I was pretty confident of adding to my tally. I scored twice against them in the opening match in a 4-0 win. Michael Owen plays as our lone striker, and I wonder why Rooney doesn’t get called up to England? Surely he’s the best England striker in PES? Anyways..Owen scores in a 1-1 draw with Sweden, and we beat South Africa 2-0, with myself and another striker Gibson (where’s he from?) scoring…

Ferrari is enjoying the world cup experience and is looking forward t the first knockout round against Spain. Sadly tho, I am benched. I expect to make an appearance later in the game so I’m not that torn up about it. The game remains goaless right thru to the 70th minute, where I expect to be brought on. But no luck? Wots the manager thinking? :RANT: Luckily, Anton Ferdinand heads in a corner somewhere in the last minutes and we go thru to the quarters.

Cameroon await, and thank heavens, I’m back in the starting 11. Unfortunately, I don’t really have anything to say about my performance…they gave me a purple downward arrow to start off with! Gits! My guy labors thru the game and is subbed out. But Gibson and Lampard score and we are thru to the semi’s against Italy, the team that did us in, in the Euros. Ferrari seems to have overcome his purple arrow syndrome and plays much better. No fairytale assist or goals tho, as I tend to be tracking back and using my height to head away crosses in defense more than anything else. But once again, Anton Ferdinand rises above the rest in the dying minutes to head us into the lead in the dying minutes, and we win 1-0! We’re thru to the final against France!

Ferrari starts the game against France, and it seems like I’m being man marked. This one dude, Coutadeur seems to follow me everywhere on the pitch! I drift wide, he’s on me… I drop deep, he’s there to intercept my passes… I go for my near post headers…and he either clears off the line or beats me to the ball! I looked him up. He plays for le Mans.. (I have half a mind to delete him and kill him! ):R1

While I’m mildly honored to have had a player assigned to me specifically, I have to admit that he effectively marked me out of the game, but strangely, I wasn’t subbed out this time. I toiled on, swearing everything French and foul..and then suddenly, one sprint-stop-sprint effort caused Coutadeur to commit and I was past him on the wing! Its close to full time, and there only Gibson and Reo Coker in the box… no help really arriving…. My finger hovers over the L1 and I wait for numbers in the box…Coutadeur is up again and bearing down me like a rabbit in heat… Wot da hell…I let rip with a left footed cross… it goes near post and the keeper sprints out to collect…reo Coker is there! He collides with the keeper (I think) and the cross deflects past both of them and onto the head of Gibson. I shut my eyes….he opens his….and scores!! We win! We win!! England have won the world cup!

I sit there starry eyed and smile stupidly as my team celebrate…and my supper gets cold… :SMUG:

Nice story so far cas!! I enjoy reading it!
Would be nice to see some videos or pictures ofcourse. Maybe u try youtube for a video-montage or something like that?
Keep going!

:BRMM:Ferrari’s Second Man United Season.. :RSCARF:

Fresh from winning the League and the Champions League and then the World Cup, Ferrari is intent on cementing his name in Man United folklore. :WORSHIP:

No real new signings of note which is something of a disappointment to be honest. Would have loved to have seen a messi or Ribery join the ranks. But what we have is more than enough. Oh wait, nani exchanged
for Gourcuff.. not a half bad player this frenchie…

Time for the premier league, and nothing gets your season up and running like a hat-trick against Liverpool on the opening day! I seem to have adopted something of a free role in this formation, and luckily, it doesn’t appear to have unbalanced our team much. Our attacks are free flowing, and I track back whenever necessary to help the midfield and defense as well. Ferrari takes the League by storm, and by the time we reach the mid-season break, has already amassed 23 goals. Oh, and the game cuts to a video presentation al of a sudden..and I’m awarded EUROPEAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR! Wooohoo! Hope I win world footy player also… :BY:

Progress in the D1 cup has been smooth, with us dumping Chelsea and Sunderland out in the first 2 rounds… but Our Champions league group of Le Mans, Ajax, and Villareal was proving a little trickier than expected. Late goals conceded seems to be our Achilles heel..and it takes a tense goaless draw in our last group game to secure passage thru. Carrick gets sent off, and I position myself as DMF for the rest of the match to help us thru.. :CENSOR:

I go thru something of a second half slump for about 8 matches…no goals, 2 red cards.. and all round crappy play. I think I was just tired.. or Ferrari had his mind on other things. :RANT::R1

But the form returns, and With 12 games to go, the lead already looks insurmountable. Again, thankful for another medal, but abit anti-climactic. On the plus side, Ferrrari has already topped 35 goals for the season..and I’m aiming for 40 now..

Ferrari continues to bang them in, leading the scorers charts in all three competitions..But sees Adebayor win World Footballer of the Year. Wtf?! :MAD:

United claim, the league, defeat Man City in the D1 cup final, and lay waste to Athletico Madrid in the champions league finals. (Is it just me, or does this Athletico play really really well in this game?)

Its end of season and Ferrari amasses a massive 48 goals and 13 assists for the season, and Man United claim the treble. Truly awesome team, and I must be a shoe-in for European and world player next season. But, despite my love for the red devils, my look at my medals…and see that I have now won the premier league 6 consecutive times…and the D1 cup 3 consecutive times…but that’s still only 2 slots on my list. I need to fill that up with other league medals also…and for a brief moment, I can almost understand Cristiano Ronaldo..

And so, in search of personal glory, I turn my back on ManYoo and its fans, and join Barcelona. :ROCK:

Lets see how that goes...

Last edited:
Life in Spain… :BOP:

Good lord…these guys have a strong squad. :SHOCK: I think having scored 40+ goals last season for Man Yoo…walking into the starting 11 in Barcelona would be a breeze. But no such luck….if Ferarri though he was in a tuff team before, this was a whole new kettle of fish. :FISH:

Firstly, their formation suited my style of play perfectly. Sort of a 4-2-1-3.. Puyol and Vidic (was wondering where he went to) in the centre.. a dreadlock dude, Emmanuelson at LB, and Albiol (mostly) at RB.. the two guys in midfield…tho side-by-side, actually have different positions… ones a DMF and the other is CMF..but it seems the same set of players were inter-changeable for those positions.. Yaya Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Marchionni and Kaiser.. those guys are tough! :BRICK:

Up front was probably the biggest competition for spots… the AMF position (Ferrari’s position) was a 3 way tussle between Ribery, Hleb, and of course Ferrari. The remaining 3 forward positions were interchanged between Bojan Krcic, Eto’o, Henry, Messi, Benzema and v.Persie.. :BAND: now theres a band of brothers for you....

Looked great to be part of such a team, but getting to start a game was hell! Stayed in training matches for the first 8 matches of the season! :BLUSH: Besides each training match being played like it was a Cl final, I kept on getting myself sent off just as I made it into the Inter squad A team. On the plus side, this team was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! They were sweeping all before them..and even with the world cup winning, 48 goal scoring, European footballer of the year sitting on the bench… I was enjoying watching them play...glad I tinkered with their formation before I started my career. :TUMBLE:

Ferrari eventually makes his belated debut, coming on for ribery when the team was 4-0 up against Almeria. OMFG! This team SO rocks! I get the ball in the AMF, and theres 3 options readily available either straight ahead or on either side…benzema up front is a terminator.. henry usually takes up the right flank…and Messi the left.. but bojan and v. Persie interchange on the sides….and Eto’o deputizes up front. WHOEVER is out there…you just gotta get the ball to these guys and they are just awesome to watch.. :ROCK:

Ferrari has a tough time in spain tho… competing with the nippy ribery or the dogged hleb is no easy task…and establishing myself as a first team regular is proving more difficult than I thought. Thankfully, the goals have started to flow again….tho not in quite the same regularity as it did in the premiership… I think maybe Ferrari would be more useful concentrating on assists rather than goals..but adapting my playing style isn’t as simple as I thought. My natural instinct is to position myself in a goal scoring err..position… and in this team…that more often than not means im either in someones way or someones in my way…usually the former.. plus the foods weird and they dont think its funny when i walk around saying "Orale ese..." :LMAO:

The awards for European and World Footballer of the year are made…and Ferrari wins… NEITHER?! I scored 40 goals and won the treble last season? Are they specific criteria that need to be fulfilled to win these? I make the world and European 11…but no individual awards? Screw fifa! :RANT:

Progress in the champions league has been smooth and without hitch. One freak loss to Auxerre aside, Barca trounce everyone in their path. On a collision course with Man United in the semi’s :PRAY: but alas, they get bumped off by Sampdoria (wtf?! Weren’t united defending champions?! :CONFUSE: )… Barca get to the final against Ajax and win 4-0, with Ferrari coming on in the 70th minute. Hey, at least I was there for the cup raising celebrations this time, rather than being subbed off. :THINK:

Barca claim the league title with something like 7 games to go. Ferrari scores in the Cup final as Barca claim the treble. This team would take some stopping for sure. Ferrari ends the season with a respectable 17 goals and 9 assists… :APPLAUD: not bad playing behind THOSE guys.. maybe next season I make the AMF position my own…
:BLEH:

European Championships up next…. Just the place for a European Champion.
:SNACK:

Last edited:
:PPbwhahahah...there ought to be! forgive me, but i seem to have something of a smiley fixation...i need....help....

wow BAL is addictive, only just started playing it as when i first put it on when i bought the game it was frustrating being a lone player.

now time to bore u guys

started off at IFK Goteburg in my first season in the European Superliga (consists of french, dutch, and a variety of other teams....other 3 leagues are Italian, English and Spanish)...

anyway first season trying to break into first team made a total of 35 appearances mostly off the bench (1661 minutes to be exact) scored 11..2 assists...as a wing forward

Goteburg are a decent team but seem to have selfish players....1 red card also mid season set me back :( also received 12 man of the match awards alongside 4 MIP awards, ended up finishing 10th with Goteburg and last 16 in cup so it was a decent season.

in the transfer window my mind was made up to join another team and preferably a good footballing side, to my disbelief 3 south american teams were chasing me Boca, River and Internacional....after careful consideration and the aquisiton of Van De Vaart my mind was made up to join Internacional :)

This Brazilian side play excellent football, Gustavo nery the most unselfish player ever assisting me a lot on my way to a 23 goal season (21 in league and 2 assists) achieving an unbelievable 16 MOTM awards and 11 MIP awards i finished 2nd top scorer 1 behind Cavenaghi of Bordeaux..propelling Internacional to 5th in the table

season ends with me picking up the MVP award (best player in the league at 18 im happy as anything as u might imagine) even more impressive was the fact ive also made the subs bench for England for the world cup now this is fantastic news!!!!

im loving BAL who knows where ill go next season if anywhere or if ill make an impact for england!!!

i played SS, and i got CF and SMF position. my friend is SS and get CF and SMF position too. i know play another SS and wondering if SS will surely get SMF position or it depends on another factor like stats?

i don't like become SMF coz team with no SS position will ALWAYS play me on SMF eventhough they offered me CF position

Crashed out of the Champions league with the worst group stage performance ever, had the unfortunate instance of having two of the worst seasons ever to ecompany this shocking development. Newcastle have declined rapidly and I can`t wait to leave as soon as a big club comes in. Finished around 12th and we seemed to lose every game as well as yet again Martins not passing me the ball, (If this was real life I would be fighting him by now N`Zogbia style).

The season after this shocking one has not started much better with constant drawing and losing. No Uefa cup games, no Champions league and yet again no passing from Martins :angry:. This season can only get better midway through with 93 top speed which is a big plus hope we start winning and I get the move I want at the tender in game age of 21. Oh and I want an England call up too, poss a long way off :).

Small update finally left Newcastle and moved to Man City for a season went well but I wanted to play Champions league football. A big suprise hit me though as I was about to leave Man City I got an England call up! Now I am established in the England team, a regular on the right wing we did not get out of the World cup group stages :(. But are now viaing for a place in the Euros. I have also moved to Athletico Mardrid and we are 2nd took me and age to get into their team but I`m finally playing Champions league football again after the bygone days at Newcastle. The only thing I worry about is Lampard, Gerrard syndrome of too many games and burn out:D.

Last edited:
whats the earliest age anyone has been called up to their National squad?

my 2nd season (1st with Internacional) i just got the MVP (player of the season) missed out on top scorer by 1 goal to Cavenaghi, got in team of the season now and made the bench at the World Cup for England (top level too!)

in which made 4 appearances all as sub 1 assist for Scholes but France knocked us out after the group stage 3-0 ;(

noticeably just squeezed thru after almost losing to Iran we drew 2-2 after being 2-1 down with 5 minutes left (my club team mate Zare scoring twice for Iran) when Lampard scored a penalty

cnt wait for next season ;)

European Turmoil and Tragedy

Fresh from a successful clean sweep in La Liga and in Europe, Ferrari joins World Champions England at the Euros. England are grouped with Austria, France and Russia.

England are…in a word….woeful.

We start off with a 3-2 loss to Austria. Ferrari heads England into the lead in the opening 10 minutes, and then lays on a square pass in the box for Owen to tap into an open net just before the break, and the World Champs are off to a flyer. But the second half is a disaster, mostly from set pieces. England first concede from a corner…the guy is left unmarked and given a free header, which he duly dispatches. They equalize when our aging hippo in defence a.k.a Rio Ferdinand gives away a needless penalty and is sent off. Ferrari is subbed off on 75 minutes for Reo Coker as England look to go on the defensive (wtf is more defensive than 4-5-1?!) and Austria somehow snatch a winner late on. :THINK:

England look better against Russia in their second game, despite going a goal down early. Becks equalizes thru a top free kick, and England take the lead after the break when Ferrari heads in a corner. Alas, them Ruskis equalize in the dying minutes and England have to beat France to qualify. :shiver:

Ferrari is inexplicably benched for this game, despite being the man that makes the team tick. France, who lost the World Cup finals to England take full advantage of the situation, and with the brilliant Benzema and Ribery orchestrating things up front, they demolish England.

Team-mates at Barca, foes on the international scene, Ribery torments from either wing, and Benzema shoots like a cannon! England are 3-0 down at half time, and the Euro dream is all but over. Ferrari is brought on in the second half but has no effect on the game..and france walk out 4-0 winners to send the World Cup Champions (bah!) crashing out at the group stages.. :BRMM:

TRAGEDY!

News Just In: Antonio Ferrari Killed in Plane Crash

England and Barcelona footballer Antonio Ferrari was killed in the early hours of yesterday morning when his private plane crashed into the ocean south of Barcelona. The England forward had just returned to Spain from the European Championships and had only recently obtained his pilots license.

(Actually, I installed a frign patch a mate mailed me and now my saved game has been corrupted! I need to start all over again….FARRRRRRKKKKKK!!!:DOH::BRICK: )

Born in Milan Italy Antonio moved to England when he was 5. He started his career at Manchester City, but also played for Tottenham, Manchester United and FC Barcelona winning 6 Premier League Titles, 3 FA Cups, 3 Champions League and a La Liga title in his brief career.

A prolific scorer from deep positions, Ferrari amassed a total of 138 goals, with a healthy goal creation statistic as well. At international level, he was part of the England squad that won the World Cup 2 years ago.

In his last interview, given just after England were beaten in the European Championships by France, he said that being a footballer was all he ever wanted to do.

“Yes, we’ve lost a big game and the fans are disappointed…but that’s football. As footballers, we have to go out and carry the hopes of the fans on our shoulders, all their hopes and dreams…and it’s the best job in the world.We're obviously sad to lose, but tomorrows another day..”

Antonio Ferrari was 25 years old.

:BYE:

Last edited:
Hey guys.

I'm new to these forums and I have been very interested to read some quality stories of BAL careers. I thought I'd share mine.

I played well in a scouting match and scored the winning goal in a 3-2 victory but disappointingly the best offer I received was from Sunderland.

I played in 5 training matches before finally making the bench. I made a dream debut at the Emirates Stadium against the club I have always supported Arsenal. I came on after 60 mins as a SS and set up an equalising goal for Kenwyne Jones. Only for van Persie to fire home a last minute winner for the Gunners. From here I made three more substitute appearances before cementing a regular place in CM for the rest of the opening half of the season. In the transfer window I was approached by high flying Aston Villa but decided that Sunderland was the best place for me to develop. I continued for the rest of the season as CM playing quite well, but found myself regretting my decision not to leave for Villa. I ended the season on 29 appearances, 8 goals and 4 assists. A tally of 13 yellow cards and one red ruined things a little however.

That summer I decided that I needed a new challenge and I swapped the red and white stripes of Sunderland to the boring white of Fulham. It took little time to settle at Craven Cottage and after just four games I found myself in the starting line up again as a CM. I very much enjoyed my time with Fulham and didn't even look at the offers in the mid season transfer window. The second half of the season went even better than the first and we finished 6th in the Premiership and reached the final of the cup - only to be trounced by Man Utd 4-1. My stats - Games - 32 Goals 7 Assists 3 Yellow 14 Red 2.

I stayed at Fulham for another season and we were quickly knocked out of both cup competitions. I continued to shine in the middle of the park and found myself wondering if there were bigger and better things out there for me. In the mid season window I received some tempting offers. Fiorentina in Italy was the one that stood out - but my loyalty to Fulham got the better of me and I agreed to stay on until the end of the season. The team had a poor season and finished a disappointing 13th. I, however had my best season to date with 33 appearances 9 goals and 12 assists. My discipline was improving too. 8 yellow cards and no reds.....

That summer I decided it was time to move on. After studying a number of offers - including ones from Spain, Italy and France I decided to go to Everton as they provided me with the opportunity to play in my preferred role of AMF. I said my sorry goodbyes to Fulham and their wonderful supporters and headed North to Merseyside.

Half way through the next season and I found myself desperate for a club to come and rescue me from my Merseyside hell - I was playing regularly but found it incredibly frustrating playing for such a negative defense minded team. I longed for the attacking football that I had played with Fulham. No good offers came and I was left to persevere. The second half of the season looked brighter - 4 games in was the Merseyside derby and brought the high point of my career thus far - 2 goals and an assist in a 4-2 victory over our great rivals and a rating of 8.0 and Man of the Match to boot. Was I finally settling at Everton? Then in the next match against Chelsea - A horror tackle by Ashley Cole saw me carried off and I didn't reappear all season - At this moment I realised just how much I love this game. I'm not a big fan of Ashley Cole anyway - but this injury left me seething and vowing to have my revenge the next time I met him on the football pitch. My end season stats were games 21 goals 7 assists 4 yellow 3 red 0.

Everton released me from my contract that summer and I had three offers on the table - Palermo of Italy looked the best one and I had every intention of eventually accepting. I played a risky game however and decided to hold out for something better. This backfired big time as I was left with only one offer left on the table - Stoke City!!!!

My season with Stoke turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I quickly rediscovered the promising form I had shown at Fulham and turned in an overall very successful season - 32 games 12 goals (top scorer from CM) and 6 assists. The highlight of the season was my meeting with Chelsea where I succeeded in putting Ashley Cole on his backside on more than one occasion with some blistering dribbling skills.

So 5 seasons had passed and my career seemed to be moving very slowly. A drastic change was needed. I decided to take the opportunity to move to Spain. I was offered the chance to play as a CF and this proved far too tempting to resist. MLG blanco/azul is my current club and I madee the starting line up very quickly. Half way through the season I have scored 17 goals including three hat tricks and am the current top scorer in the cup. I have found a home and am playing the best football of my career. I love this game.

whats the earliest age anyone has been called up to their National squad?

I was 23 when I got the England call. I`m on top player in BAL mode.

Then in the next match against Chelsea - A horror tackle by Ashley Cole saw me carried off and I didn't reappear all season - At this moment I realised just how much I love this game. I'm not a big fan of Ashley Cole anyway - but this injury left me seething and vowing to have my revenge the next time I met him on the football pitch.

I always get fouled and wondered if this could happen. Glad it has not happened to my player. Glad he recovered quick.

Last edited:
A horror tackle by Ashley Cole saw me carried off and I didn't reappear all season - At this moment I realised just how much I love this game. I'm not a big fan of Ashley Cole anyway - but this injury left me seething and vowing to have my revenge the next time I met him on the football pitch. My end season stats were games 21 goals 7 assists 4 yellow 3 red 0.

shoo...that must have been some tackle... is your guys injury rating C? the longest i been put out thru injury was 4 weeks..but that was on B rating.

I'm not sure what my injury status is. I had played the full 90 minutes in the previous four games so my player was pretty shattered. When the tackle came in my player was just writhing around in agony - I was absolutely gutted when I saw I was to miss 22 weeks through injury.

I have just made the England squad so I will be having my words with Mr Cole when we meet up.

Does anyone have a list of the real team names in Spain? I have hazarded a guess at most of them but would like to see if I'm correct.

i got these off another forum when i first got the game

ALM ROJO/BLANCO - UD Almería
SEV VERDE/BLANCO - Real Betis
GET AZUL - Getafe
GIJ ROJO/BLANCO - Real Sporting
RHU AZUL/BLANCO - Recreativo de Huelva
MAD ROJO/BLANCO - Atletico Madrid
MLG BLANCO /AZUL - Málaga CF
NUM ROJO - Numancia
PAMP ROJO - Osasuna
SANT VERDE/BLANCO - Racing de Santander
SEV BLANCO -Sevilla FC
VAL NARANGJA - Valencia CF
VALL VIOLETA – Valladolid

Thanks cas11.

I thought it was Malaga that I was playing for.

UPDATE

Mid season transfer offers came in for me and it became very clear that my good form had not gone unnoticed by the big clubs in Spain. Valencia and Deportivo La Coruna were the two offers that stood out. Valencia are flying high 3rd in La Liga and offered me the chance to return to my natural position of AMF. Playing just behind a player of David Villa's quality would be a great honour. Deportivo saw me as the man to bang in the goals to lift them from their current league position of 8th. I was offered a CF role here. I quickly decided that after playing against Deportivo and very much disliking their style of play I would not settle at this club so quickly rejected their offer. So I'm left with a choice of Valencia - a big club with big ambition. Or Malaga - the place I now call home and has helped me find the best form of my career.

Only just started. 17 year old Swede 'Nedders', joined West Brom, did ok getting onto the bench within a few weeks, scored a couple then during the very first window the team I have supported all my life came in for me. Now playing up front week in, week out for Newcastle United, even getting the nod at CF (even though I'm an SS) ahead of Mickey Owen! Best achievement in this fledgling career is a double in a 4-0 demolition of Arsenal in a cup semi-final! Gallas was sent off for hauling me down when I was clean through, fantastic stuff. Have scored one hat-trick, but the annoying thing is that I have rated at 7.5 in a game scoring once and only got 7 for the hat-trick match - anyone know what that's about?

Anyway, it's desperately addictive and makes you a much better player. Shame my stats are so poor, but I'm only 17 so things will improve! Anyone got any tips on what it takes to get a top match rating? I've been MoM on three occasions, including the hat-trick match, but haven't seen any 8's or 9's coming my way. Also, how do we get better 'match experience' improvements? Seems like you only get a tiny amount in comparison, meaning that once you've got into the first team, the temptation is to ride a few matches out.

wow nedders...thats some start to your career. I'm in the 7th or 8th season on my second career now, and both times my first season was total crap. Scoring in the first season is even more difficult for me.. yet to do it in two tries..

Also your experience points is dependant on how you have allocated them in your "Strengthen" section.. those attributes with more bars will grow faster obviously. you just need to play more matches..progress in cups... qualify for europe.. play internationals. the more matches u play, the more chance you get to get a stats boost..

keep at it..join the addiction

wow nedders...thats some start to your career. I'm in the 7th or 8th season on my second career now, and both times my first season was total crap. Scoring in the first season is even more difficult for me.. yet to do it in two tries..

Also your experience points is dependant on how you have allocated them in your "Strengthen" section.. those attributes with more bars will grow faster obviously. you just need to play more matches..progress in cups... qualify for europe.. play internationals. the more matches u play, the more chance you get to get a stats boost..

keep at it..join the addiction

Thanks! Can't believe I'm getting plaudits for my endeavours!

I chose SS, think I may have got a bit of fortune with the stats - already at 85 or 86 on pace - but seem to do ok on finishing. Scored from a few corners, a few rebounds but also managed a fantastic move in the Arsenal match which saw me pick the ball up, spin and release Owen belting down the right - I took off towards the box, lost a marker, took the pass and finished clinically. All in all it's just a fantastic experience - fighting through the training, scoring for the A-team in successive training matches, then getting my first chance as a sub against Middlesbrough when we were 1-0 down, immediately winning a penalty then scoring the winner 2 mins from time left me ecstatic!!

Ideally I'll learn my trade at Newcastle - hoping to really build on the pace, but need to work on the turn of pace and dribbling - then the continent beckons.

When retiring there are some stats of your player regarding your club career and national team career. These are:

Total Matches: example 500
Played (minutes): example 40000
Total goals: example 100
Total assists: example 150
Club: example 100

The same stats are there also for your national career:
Total Matches: example 100
Played (minutes): example 8000
Total goals: example 30
Total assists: example 60
National: example 30

My question is what does the Club and National numbers at the end of each list represent?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Back
Top Bottom